The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire By 25 Documentary

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I would believe if 1% are millionaire's and billionaire's. That means 1/2% might be the one's that actually change the course of history.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vespasian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Oct 4, 2013
Yes...money is priceless...people are disposable. Seems to be the popular "mentality" of the globe. One thing that always amazed me being a nurse aide in the past and when someone was sick, lonely, or dying. The rich one's were always terribly unkind, grumpy, and hated the world because they were alone. Beautiful homes, museum of nice art, collectibles, cars, boats, even nice clothes. Specialty shakes, good food, dying alone, with no friends, family, just nurse aides they locked out of their bedroom, and rang a bell. We'd all refuse to work for these people, because who wants to be treated like yesterdays garbage. Seen it plenty of times, looked through the photo albums, read the some of the stuff they wrote. I'd sit there and wonder how they ended up so mean and lonely. Now I know. The greed of money. Highly more motivating and valuable than people.

You hate money and rich people, yet spend time in the Fastlane forum, a forum that is based on a mindset that teaches you how to become rich the fastest way possible. What am I missing here?

What a poor ole sap......lol I bet you feel good in your basement with your $1,000 week paychecks.

Thank you for the good laugh, I almost spilled my ramen noodles.

Lets talk numbers and lets start a trend. I'm definitely not the wealthiest but I guarantee i'm top 5% on this site.

Never start a war when you do not know who your enemies are.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Real Value?! What more has real value than giving your mom a dream possession and putting a smile on her face? I know, you are probably thinking real value as in success or a $.

Yeah thats why he titled his documentary "MILLIONAIRE by 25" and not "buy my mom her dream car by 25". Because he isnt motivated by money. Bla bla bla. Nobody cares...

Now he got on the first page of yahoo. Great. Now what? Now he can read in the comments how nice he is. Great. But worthless. Only helps his ego. People reaching out for him to help him achieve his goals? What goals? Becoming rich by documenting how to become rich? Oh well..

Everybody that isnt a complete a**hole does nice things for his mom, but normal people do it to simply make their mom happy, not to be a youtube star on the interwebz.

But yeah, maybe some people will see the "real value" he provides to the world with this video and donate some money to help him reach his goal.

Not saying he is a bad guy or hating on him. I just think he shouldnt spent his time on documenting what he does, and instead on just DOING. If he wants to "help people", sure, great. But help yourself first, to be able to help other people later.

I'm out of this thread.

Yury

fancy slogan
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 12, 2013
I could buy my parents some amazing vocations, but I don't, I'd rather apply my money and make it grow, so I can actually afford those kind of offers without hurting my wallet.
Understandable and great for your business but don't underestimate how fast the time goes. Like with any "one day...", that day might come too late. Just saying.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I don't hate rich people, just saying there is always more to it than just being a millionaire. It's nice to point out all the golden stars, but also stay in balance acknowledging there is always the duality of light and darkness whether you're rich or poor doesn't make a difference. It all comes down to whether you keep things in perspective and in balance. If this wasn't true, with making wise choices there wouldn't be millionaire's and billionaire's pissed off because you were the one millionaire that lost their money because you did some stupid crap. There comes responsibility and listening to one guy that lost it, he sure don't have other billionaire's helping him out of trouble after he screwed them.

I just rather know both sides of the coin before I get there. If you believe it's all golden stars, that you don't have to be accountable for your choices when spending other people's money, there's one man I met, that beat the crap out of another for screwing him over. So when it comes to money, they want to know results. It's not my take on millionaire's and billionaire's handing out money for your projects and just be nice to you if you throw their millions away because you haven't taken the time to have the right mindset and inner development. Billionaire's don't have the same mindset of Millionaire's and I just like to see the true colors of what I'm dealing with from all angles. If you're just looking at pretty golden stars, you're pretty much a fool. If you don't know and don't have a clue what you're dealing with, you make the wrong choices and end up dead over money. "Power" it all depends on how you handle that power. Use that power. Influence others and whether you flop or not, because again you just focused on the money. Relationships and how you handle yourself with those billionaire's and millionaire's determines on whether they feel you are someone they want to invest in. So if you have no value for relationships. They'll see right through you. If you're just a gold digger and in it for yourself they'll see right through you. If you're just about the money, they'll see right through you. If you got one hell of an ego, they'll see right through you.

I don't hate rich people, I've taken advice from a millionaire back home. There's always two sides of the coin, and there not stupid people. If you love money and power more than relationships, you won't do well will you, because a Billionaire says, the most important thing is business is Relationship and Respect. I suppose if you have those two down, the money follows. Since even in your business you have to relate to people and respect them.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
10 years ago he was 15 years old. Should probably cut the kid some slack. Anyone that talks trash about a kid trying to do something with there life needs to look very hard in the mirror.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
So he made 80k revenue in 2 years and buys his mom the fastest depreciating asset on earth.

Great job!

Pretty sure that car depreciated many years ago, but way to sound like you know what your talking about.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
That was what I was thinking as well, 458. I'd have to look on other threads, but thought I seen somewhere someone saying millionaire's always drive depreciated cars. I guess they don't seem to remember that part.

D

DeletedUser394

Wow, tough crowd.

There's a post over at Reddit where Corey goes into a little detail about his journey, since he never updated his progress here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/2dcqln/entrepreneur_surprises_his_mom_w_her_dream_car/

Of course as expected for Reddit, some of the comments are brutal.

To be fair, he never does go into any detail and just repeats the same vague answers on reddit, on his website, and on here back when he was posting.

He hasn't updated here, that's fine. He hasn't updated his supposed business twitter feed in 9 months. That's fine. He doesn't even own the domain to his own supposed business, that's weird but fine. Then out of nowhere he buys his mom a car and posts it on youtube for the world to see how this 'entrepreneur' bought his mom a dream car, after months of obscurity.

From the get go with this 'challenge' it was always about self promotion before actual business success. If building a brand around himself was in fact the business (that's not even clear at this point), then that's fine.

How much could that car be worth anyway? He made $81,000 in 2.5 years. Factor in living expenses and what does that leave you.. 10k-ish? So he bought a $5k car, or half of his net worth, assuming he has any net worth at this point.

I mean that's a wonderful thing to do for mom, but he keeps using buzzwords and feigning success, but can't back it up with anything, or chooses not to.

Frankly I don't care what he does or doesn't do, but I totally understand people's annoyance and skepticism both here and on reddit.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
I have nothing bad to say about Corey, I respect his hustle.

but its pretty clear that he wants to be a famous actor over being an entrepreneur.

(hence the doc, this video)

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
That was what I was thinking as well, 458. I'd have to look on other threads, but thought I seen somewhere someone saying millionaire's always drive depreciated cars. I guess they don't seem to remember that part.

Millionaires do whatever the f they want. Stats are for poor people that want to feel good about doing stuff millionaires do.

Vespasian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Oct 4, 2013
10 years ago he was 15 years old. Should probably cut the kid some slack. Anyone that talks trash about a kid trying to do something with there life needs to look very hard in the mirror.

But he's 26 now, not 15. You do not really treat guys in their mid twenties like teens don't you?

Pretty sure that car depreciated many years ago, but way to sound like you know what your talking about.

I know nothing about cars, so I just looked it up and it turns out that this thing costs less than 10k USD, so yeah, I agree no real depreciation there. I thought that a 40 year old car in good condition is worth more. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter if the car is worth 10k or 50k. He decided to invest a probably large part of his cashflow into something that will never make him any money. Not really smart for a self-entitled entrepreneur with no real business.

To be fair, he never does go into any detail and just repeats the same vague answers on reddit, on his website, and on here back when he was posting.

He hasn't updated here, that's fine. He hasn't updated his supposed business twitter feed in 9 months. That's fine. He doesn't even own the domain to his own supposed business, that's weird but fine. Then out of nowhere he buys his mom a car and posts it on youtube for the world to see how this 'entrepreneur' bought his mom a dream car, after months of obscurity.

From the get go with this 'challenge' it was always about self promotion before actual business success. If building a brand around himself was in fact the business (that's not even clear at this point), then that's fine.

How much could that car be worth anyway? He made $81,000 in 2.5 years. Factor in living expenses and what does that leave you.. 10k-ish? So he bought a $5k car, or half of his net worth, assuming he has any net worth at this point.

I mean that's a wonderful thing to do for mom, but he keeps using buzzwords and feigning success, but can't back it up with anything, or chooses not to.

Frankly I don't care what he does or doesn't do, but I totally understand people's annoyance and skepticism both here and on reddit.

Perfect summary. Thank you!

rcdlopez

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Nov 12, 2012
Los Angeles
I've been following Corey since they featured him on mycomeup.com. I even contributed to his indiegogo campaign, which is why I was constantly sending him messages asking him, "what up with the documentary brah!"

When I saw this video on my Facebook feed I instantly hit him up and asked the same old question. After seeing the video I believe I know what the documentary will NOW be about.

After a certain point it was obvious the million was not going to be had. I can't speak for Corey but, if I was looking at my progress and seeing the inevitability of it's failure, AND I told the whole world about it and now I was being put on blast everyday; I too would seclude myself and just drop off the face of the earth. That is just way too much pressure.

Corey must of gone through some "Jesus, 40 days in the desert" kind of experience and now he's probably a new man with new intentions. So he didn't make a million and he didn't retire his mom. BUT he probably learned a more valuable lesson. What that lesson is I don't know, hopefully the documentary will show it.

... or he probably didn't learn shit and the documentary will suck. Either way WHAT UP WITH THE DOCUMENTARY BRAH! C'mon now!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
A

Angus

If you're not ruthless someone else will be, at your expenses.
Also, nothing wrong with that advice.

You either sugarcoat the truth or see the world for what it is.

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013
A

Angus

I loved the other link then I read that tripe, I didn't plan on getting Married but some of the reasoning on there is seriously deluded. Even my Grandfather has more progressive views.
If you get married with a woman with modern ideologies you're asking for trouble
Marriage is the worst kind of lottery already
If you don't marry a submissive, FEMININE and loyal woman that wants a family more than a career you're basically saying "hey, let's halve my power, after all i don't need so much freedom, money and time"

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013
If you get married with a woman with modern ideologies you're asking for trouble
Marriage is the worst kind of lottery already
If you don't marry a submissive, FEMININE and loyal woman that wants a family more than a career you're basically saying "hey, let's halve my power, after all i don't need so much freedom, money and time"

The article was pure sexism, and even had hints of racist thinking thrown in there as well. Whatever works for some of us I guess, but I couldn't disagree more with the articles ethos. If you have to be that narrow minded with your perspective on women to begin with then I don't see things ending well regardless. However each to their own I just don't agree with the agenda I felt the post was pushing, it may work out well for some, but I doubt it.

However I can agree Marriage is the worst kind of lottery, which is why I simply say don't get married at all, you could tick all my boxes and I still wouldn't go through with it, trust no one with your life accomplishments.

A

Angus

The article was pure sexism, and even had hints of racist thinking thrown in there as well. Whatever works for some of us I guess, but I couldn't disagree more with the articles ethos. If you have to be that narrow minded with your perspective on women to begin with then I don't see things ending well regardless. However each to their own I just don't agree with the agenda I felt the post was pushing, it may work out well for some, but I doubt it.

However I can agree Marriage is the worst kind of lottery, which is why I simply say don't get married at all, you could tick all my boxes and I still wouldn't go through with it, trust no one with your life accomplishments.
what about some common sense and logic instead of screaming "SEXISM!" and "RACISM!" every time someone tries to disagree with cultural marxism?

the guy writes about living a life of choice
if you let a woman deviate your choices, you are not living a life of choice. you must be the leader, and she must be the follower

then do what you want to do, but don't cry if you end up having a child with a modern western woman

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013
I've shared my opinions on the topic, I didn't make those claims without having read and re-read the article thoroughly, so I suggest you take your own advice. The article clearly fits your views so you agree with it's output, it doesn't fit mine and therefore I'm throwing my thoughts out there. I'm done talking about it but don't give me some condescending rhetoric.

Let's get back to talking about business :) where I actually agree with a lot of your earlier posts in this very thread.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Pretty much you know all the work it takes to be an Entrepreneur and run a business. Relationships only work if you do the same inner development and hard work, your spouse is your number one partner in life. Be submissive not something I've ever bought into, and trust me in Church they teach you to be docile and submissive. Obey the man and be the slave. Worked in the 50's and 60's. There are more single mother's out there because obviously there is a problem with real leadership. I suppose this is where woman learned they couldn't be submissive. They had to feed their children, and raise their kids by themselves because daddy was off partying, having sex, and getting into trouble. Woman on the other hand have a lot of anger, resentment, bitterness, because of this, and so men and woman created a mess.

Woman bad mouth men, get volatile, brutal, and men do the same back. There is no respect on either side. There isn't actually love, but lust and sex. Even the rich man has played in this part. Go to the bar, send the wife and kids off on a trip for a few days, and invite young ladies on a yacht. Let them drive your car, let them come in the home, and play in the house, while the wife is away. Buy them gifts, and dress them up.

Woman try to conquer a man and steal him away from other woman. Men lure woman into their side candy. lol I've watched this in my whole life. Money is powerful. Can get you anything you desire. What you really mean is you want a submissive wife that takes a back seat when you want her too, pretend she doesn't notice, and behave. Her emotions and feelings don't matter. Place a fake smile on your face, dress nice, place lipstick on, and look beautiful. She shouldn't think for herself or have an education. She should never speak her mind about anything. Obedient, hold everything in what she really thinks, and plays and acts the part, not to damage your character in public. Act the part so well she needs to take anti-depressants, a few drinks here and there while you're not home.

Wonderful life on the outside. Disaster on the inside. Sure she can act the part until her death. Stuff herself up with anger, resentment, build up hate, and you'll never know because she acts the part so well, and put's a nice smile on her face.

No I don't care to play the part and be self destructive. I know there are men out there that treat you with respect. That allow you to be you, and have an education and career too. I know some relationships are built on trust and honesty. Nothing is hidden and everything on the table through communication. Your partner for life is your number one business partner. You don't have love and respect you have no deal. You don't need to control a woman to get her to do what you want her too do. You don't have to control a man. If you leave the power, control, and manipulation out of the relationship, it works perfectly. You build the relationship on trust and respect. You both play by the same rules, and agreements, it works out well for both parties.

We're not trouble unless you believe you need to break the will of a woman to serve your ego. If you believe we are meant to be the slave and robot without any input, feelings, or emotions.

There are many types of men and many types of woman. Everyone of them is an individual and makes agreements like a business deal what the rules are and what works for them independently from any other relationship. Those two people decide what they can live with, and can't live with. Some are swingers, and some aren't. Some have multiple wives. It's a world of their own, and who is anyone to judge what is right or wrong. It's their relationship, but they forget the cause and effect of actions and behaviors. Intentionally get the reactions they asked for. Human Nature is Human Nature, and like any other business adventure, you need to know the rules of the game, and play it right, or you lose.

A

Angus

What does any of this have to do with Millionaire by 25?
ITT: you won't become one if you marry

btw if you take away power roles from a relationship you kill it
and a "career woman" is not relationship material at all, i don't need a female that tries too be masculine, i need a caring, nurturing, enabling, sharing, positively emotional woman

oh and if you're a single mother it's generally your fault, unless you got pregnant by a good man that turned bad, but that's like saying you are fat because of genetics

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think I've read enough of the tangent. Please back to topic. This is not a discussion on marriage, relationships, and gender roles.

Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.