The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mark Manson's "Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck"

For any book discussion

devingisraving

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 21, 2018
Lebanon
After reading one of the most life changing books I ever read, I was obliged to write a post here about my opinion. Let me tell you first that although many people think that this book is depressing and tells you that you are no good(as Ive read in reviews) this book is the total opposite. It shows you that you are not entitled to anything and you should start focusing on the process rather than only the outcome since true happiness comes from pain that you choose to endure. It also shows an urgency to death I never felt before and rather than being afraid of it( or anything at all) I should embrace it and use it as motivation to live a life where I choose my life rather than living it according to social norms. It really is enlightening to know the fact that all success comes from the love of the process since this is how it really is. Rather than believing that thinking about the outcome will make you reach it, you should know that there is a long painful uncomfortable journey to reach it, but it is exactly what makes it so damn beautiful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Somewhat unpopular opinion: I read this book and was bored to tears with it.

Likely because it's the same material that every other typical self-help book contains but this one has an "edgy" enough title to stand out from the crowd.

I admit the information was good but if you've already read a few books on the topic of self improvement, there's really nothing new here.

IMHO:

- If you've never read a self help book before, or you really, really want to pick a new one up, it's a great choice with good content presented in a slightly edgier way than normal.
- If you're already fairly familiar with self-help material, you can happily skip this knowing you aren't going to miss anything.

(To be fair - if you're new to this type of material the book may very well be life-changing for you. I have no doubt about that. I just mean to point out that it's not breaking the mold for those familiar with this material)

devingisraving

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 21, 2018
Lebanon

Likely because it's the same material that every other typical self-help book contains but this one has an "edgy" enough title to stand out from the crowd.

I admit the information was good but if you've already read a few books on the topic of self improvement, there's really nothing new here.

IMHO:

- If you've never read a self help book before, or you really, really want to pick a new one up, it's a great choice with good content presented in a slightly edgier way than normal.
- If you're already fairly familiar with self-help material, you can happily skip this knowing you aren't going to miss anything.
I have always liked the edgier ways of giving motivation such as Mark Manson and Gary Vee since I believe that it comes deep from their heart and hard work and also makes me want to break a brick wall :rofl: Also, I have read a couple of self help books myself but I do not remeber emphasizing on the most important fact that we are all average and not entitled to anything until we work our asses off. I was amazed especially by the fact that happiness really does come from pain. Thank you for your contribution:)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Somewhat unpopular opinion: I read this book and was bored to tears with it
Exactly what JAJT said.

If you want some books that will kick your a$$ in to gear read MJ's books, and also read How to Win Friends and Influence People. Those in combination should get your mojo going big time.

devingisraving

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 21, 2018
Lebanon
Exactly what JAJT said.

If you want some books that will kick your a$$ in to gear read MJ's books, and also read How to Win Friends and Influence People. Those in combination should get your mojo going big time.
No doubt that MJ books are hell of an amazing read the fastlane millionaire twice and will read Unscripted as soon as possible. You know everyone has his opinions and taste and I thought Mark Manson showed a really good point in this book. Can't wait to read Unscripted tho!!!

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK

At least you read it, I didn't get past the first few pages. The Millionaire Fastlane , on the other hand, I was always eager to read more

vth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Feb 18, 2018
Phoenix, AZ

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada

Thanks. This book has been on my radar for a while now. I'm very selective with my reading so I'm glad to know I can skip it.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ

IMHO:

(To be fair - if you're new to this type of material the book may very well be life-changing for you. I have no doubt about that. I just mean to point out that it's not breaking the mold for those familiar with this material)

Yeh pretty much my take away, when it comes to non fiction self help / how to style books unless you're really opening up some new concept just save me the frills and filler. I got this one as an audiobook and I think I might have gotten through chapter one before I moved on.

ButGregSaid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Aug 9, 2017
Michigan

I felt the exact same way. By the end of it, I wanted him to pay me for my time spent reading the book.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I felt the exact same way. By the end of it, I wanted him to pay me for my time spent reading the book.

like 80 % of the books we read. only a few books are life changing.

i have read dozens of books. over 500

less that 50 are well worth reading. this is the pareto principle

only 20 % of your own library is worth reading

the other 80 % are just money spent on useless material

DannyD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Dec 1, 2017
Latin America
It's extremely interesting to see how Mark Manson went from a pick up guy to probably one of the biggest bloggers on the Internet

Really blew my mind when I saw his book in the bestsellers section of the Amazon store in NYC

Lots of respect

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Great book if you implement the concepts, imo. Stop giving a F*ck about things that don't matter and your frustrations and stress will go away.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I can’t believe how popular this book has become. I see people reading it everywhere. It’s like it’s a mainstream self help book because of the title making it appropriate to read in public and tell people about.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
This is another book about things that everybody already know but don't take seriously as most of the self-help books. Im not trying to please anyone here but TMF is the real deal if you want a reality check.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Love the book. I read his blog a lot. Though I find his other book, Models: Attract Women Through Honesty to be a much better self-help book in my humble opinion.

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
I wouldn't say it was the most impacting book I ever read, but I did find it helpful and am glad I read it. Greater focus was the result for me once I understood that I only have so much f*ck to give, so I better spend it wisely.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.