The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck

The Entrepreneur's Forum for learning how to build wealth and financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join our forum with more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)
For any book discussion

Marius973

New Contributor
Jan 31, 2019
Hello, I just bought the book "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson
The book has received a lot of criticism and many people do not want me to read it. I disheartened to buy it, but being curious, I bought it as a meme.
Do you think I made a good choice to buy it or not?

(Seen that I come from France the title is in French)

MB

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 20190201_193812.jpg
    20190201_193812.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 17

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Nov 10, 2015
I found it to be mostly overrated

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
Great book. I recommend reading it. Most of Mark's works are straight to the point, and he has a special style of telling you things you already know but need to be reminded of. Honestly, the principles of not only this book, but some of his other works gave me tons of confidence over the past couple years.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dylan42

Big D
Read Fastlane!
Jun 3, 2016
Houston, TX
I find that even if some say "something" is not worth the read. You can usually find pieces of insight or something to take away from it. If you have the time then why not?

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
As far as personal self help type books it's one of the best you'll ever read. Manson has a humorous, no bullshit approach and his theories are usually well thought out, well researched and well expressed.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Aside from being a great book - Mark Manson is HILARIOUS!

I highly recommend his blog too.

MoJoe

New Contributor
Jan 8, 2019
New York
Hello, I just bought the book "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson
The book has received a lot of criticism and many people do not want me to read it. I disheartened to buy it, but being curious, I bought it as a meme.
Do you think I made a good choice to buy it or not?

(Seen that I come from France the title is in French)

MB
Its a great book with some good life lessons. Its an easy read and its funny at times (At least the English version) as Mark curse a lot.

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 7, 2015
A short essay of the same name has been available for years. https://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-F*ck

The essay is gold but I am not sure that I would want to read a greatly expanded book version. I will say however that I like Manson's writing style.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth

Fersko

Contributor
Nov 3, 2018
Was hoping to find a thread about this book.

Was a very interesting read to me, I think the points he makes are definitely key to maintain the 'entrepreneur' mindset.

Was wondering if some of you applied one his tips to your lives.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore