The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Manufacturing Weights, Mailboxes, & Fixing Driveways.

Idea threads

Hunday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2023
Summer is coming up, and that means more time out of school to start making money.
So the proposal goes something like this:

I'm going to try out three things: Create mailboxes, create Gym weights, & Fix peoples driveways. If I were to buy some weights I would be broke, and they're only getting more expensive, but why? I bought a 40lb dumbbell for over $60.00, and that was the cheapest in town, when I could've easily found a rock at the bottom of a lake or fill a bag of sand for free. Although I'm inexperienced in the market and manufacturing, I believe people would definitely save $50 on a home-made dumbbell/kettle-bell, than to be scammed by this overpriced hexagon.

Next is to try out mailboxes, now I know that this isn't as easy as it sounds, especially getting the sheets of metal. When my father took me to home depot on a Saturday, they are selling that stuff for $40-$100 for a mailbox, he made a comment on how it probably costed them 50 cents to make one (obviously a joke), but it got me thinking, there is a company out there mass producing boxes with a stick attached for this much, what's stopping me from creating my own? At this time we had a new mailman and he drove over a ton of people's mailboxes lol.

Finally, I want to have experience in not only fixing things, but also skills of a salesman. Cold-calling & knocking on doors by myself has been something I've been pushing to do, and this gives me a perfect excuse to practice it. Home depot sells lots of cheap concrete powder, and I figured that there are plenty of rich neighborhoods a few miles away from my house, and a lot of them don't fix the driveway. To be clear, I'm not going to replace driveways, just fill in the cracks, and I could charge for a lot for such an easy fix that's being neglected.

This is my first post, and I'm going to buy a paperback of both unscripted & The Millionaire Fastlane next week to startup this project. If anybody is experienced and successful in this business, I'm open to discussion and tips. (If I don't respond after a few weeks my disco is Funneman#7430)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
That's some hustling right there! Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.