The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making Money With Web Design 2017/2018

Samera

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 21, 2019
I think I see what you mean there. I have to talk about the exact situation that they are facing that causes the loss in profit margins or loss in revenue. Once they open up from there I can dig in, right?

For example, just right now I learned that one of the major problems these contractors face is competing with larger companies and losing big contracts to them despite giving smaller bids. It's a "trust" issue.

Dear xyz,

[Unique personalized sentence about their business, like a compliment].

I have some ideas on how I can help you get large contracts and compete against national companies without having to bid lower prices. Would you happen to be concerned about proving credibility by any chance?

Regards,
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I made that email in order to get a response first to have a conversation, rather than just straight up ask for a meeting. I'll experiment around with asking for meeting vs trying to get a response, but for now I'm trying to get the "hook" correct where I can dig in and discover their pain points.

Thanks @Fox

Not to "butt in" but personally that email still reads off confusing, the second sentence mainly, on first read it sounds like you're asking them to prove their credibility to you. I'd reword it to get the point across with confidence, something like:

"I know proving credibility to clients and gaining trust can sometimes be difficult, is that something you might struggle with by any chance?"

Fox will likely help out better, but just my two cents!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fredz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 29, 2019
Hi guys, I'm in the process of searching for web design clients and I want to go in person to their offices to speak with the owner/person in charge.
At what moment of the day do you recommend going in person?
Thank you in advance and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, it's my first post !

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
Hi guys, I'm in the process of searching for web design clients and I want to go in person to their offices to speak with the owner/person in charge.
At what moment of the day do you recommend going in person?
Thank you in advance and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, it's my first post !

the answer would vary (slightly or drastically) depending on your niche/industry etc. You have to experiment, record, and find out which is the best time in order to optimize your outreach system.

Shahadar Hussain

New Contributor
Apr 9, 2019
Dhaka, Bangladesh
In addition to web design, there plenty of other related services that you could also offer. If you’re skilled with design, you could offer:
  • Logo design
  • Brochure design
  • Business card design
  • Other types of graphic design (Peti also designs e-books for clients)
In terms of running a website, you could offer:
  • Social media marketing services (designing graphics or managing social profiles for clients)
  • Ad campaign management
  • On-going website maintenance
  • General VA (Virtual Assistant) services.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.