The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Something BIGGGGG is in the works for Limitless Success Magazine, coming on May 1st - huge breakthrough.....don't quite want to say what it is...but on may 1st....I'll send an update!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
This thread is underrated.

It needs some hype...

There we go.

They say we should workout our body for 20-40 minutes a day...but how often do you workout your mind? (and no, I'm not talking about reading books)

The Problem: The only thing holding us back from success is our mind

People in all areas of their life do not realize their limitless potential. They don't have the belief they can accomplish the big goals they want to accomplish in life. And they don't always seek out the tools to guide them on their journey to success.

Funny.

I'm working right now. I see nine tabs open.

Seven tabs relating to cutting-edge research. These are the tools to guide me on my journey.

I've found that to completely detach myself from both self-imposed limitations and those that others managed to infect me with, I literally have to reprogram myself.

Developing new beliefs takes practice and repetition, just like anything else in life worth mastering.

"Limitless potential" implies and relies upon limitless belief. Even a beginner may find this "limitless belief" swelling in his chest, burning in his pre-frontal cortex.

If done correctly, this fire begins the process - inspires the beginning - and necessarily sustains it.

The Problem: The only thing holding us back from success is our mind

You can really experiment with these way of thinking, a kind of "pushing beyond your limits" trial run.

In any given situation, simply look at the status quo, and focus your intent with a level of focus never before summoned... and create a different scene.

That's really what I'm getting from this... is that this limitless notion of yours applies to demolishing the status quo. It is a call for disruption. To the extent one truly applies this, they should experience exponential results.

Just as nearly all humans do not think exponentially (because nature built us to think linearly), nearly all humans will fail to full grasp the power of your "limitless" concept.

Infinity is like Nietzsche; few people truly understand her.

All you can do is continue to live by example, and hope that those who aspire to your heights can at least asymptotically approach you.

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Health Foods Bar-

In my marketplace ad, I started talking about how I met a girl named Chelsea at a Barnes & Noble in Boulder Colorado.

She was talking about how she wanted to start an energy bar company, we exchanged contact info, and I started helping her get started. Despite running out of gas on her way from NJ to California, losing her debit card,and having to beg for money in front of Walmart, she is taking massive action.

We are talking daily now via Facebook, when she can find a hotspot for internet connection. I don't think her phone even works.

She said her favorite band was playing in the area and tickets were $60. She didn't go, and instead, she bought organic products and a blender to start creating the product for her business.

When she sent pictures of the first product she made (in the back of a tiny house she is pulling behind a truck)...I thought she was cooking meth.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 6.24.34 PM.png

It's about a week later, and after driving back from a business networking event in Denver, I stopped by her mini-house, now parked outside a walmart in Broomfield, Colorado. She put all her money into making the first round of samples - and they tasted good. I took some home for my roommate and they all liked them too.

They are chewy, organic, vegan, paleo, and I think gluten-free - which will appeal to a wide variety of markets.

And they are infused with a special ingredient, which makes them very unique (no, it's not marijuana... [HASHTAG]#colorado[/HASHTAG]).

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 6.26.19 PM.png

Last weekend, I went to a health foods conference in Golden, CO and began asking a lot of the vendors advice about the regulations, distribution, and process of starting a food company. I've started businesses before, but none in the food industry, so I went to seek out mentors.

Coincidentally, for my own brand, I got invited to speak at a few events later this year, and to speak at the conference next year.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 6.19.54 PM.png

Just by showing an interest in their products, and asking one or two simple questions when their booth was slow - I learned a lot about how she can get really affordable packaging/labeling, and learned about something called the Cottage Food Act where she can sell less than $10,000 of each product, as long as she sells direct to consumer.

I was hesitant to do this for her, because I feel she should learn to do these things herself, but she is taking more action than anyone I've ever seen since I started helping other entrepreneurs..so I wanted to do my part to help her get up and running quickly.

Normal regulations require her to have a commercial foods kitchen before she sells. But with the Cottage Foods Act in colorado - she can get around that until she gets a commercial kitchen.

Also asked around at a local farmers market who confirmed a lot of things I learned there. They said many restaurants are more than willing to rent out their kitchen after hours at $300 per month to fulfill the commercial kitchen requirement for startup brands.

It's rewarding finally helping someone who is taking massive action, and virtually has her product ready for sale, within the first week of starting her business.

She went to a local park today with a picnic table she bought - and started handing out samples, collecting donations, and getting an overall positive rating from everyone who sampled her product.

Next step for her: Packaging, labels, and then getting some sales via setting up a stand at parks and in farmers markets before moving on to finding a commercial kitchen and distribution through retail.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
  1. Her packaging and labels are done - ready to start selling at a farmers market in the area.
  2. Connected her with two fitness/health brands in the area who are going to have her do a workshop/showcasing her food.
  3. Connected her with the CEO of a large probiotics health company in denver who will eventually mentor her on the ins and outs of growing a food brand.
upload_2016-8-1_10-56-49.png

Next step - using EFT + NLP to help her overcome her fear of her products not being great (they are)

upload_2016-8-1_10-59-11.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Spent my Sunday night handing out flyers at the Warped Tour in Downtown Denver with a lot of people in the market I'm beginning to serve now - everyone I talked to is really excited for the product to come out.

upload_2016-8-1_11-5-11.png

Things to note:

1. Didn't start helping them with the intent to make money. My purpose is to cause a huge change in the world, and they are super passionate about working together on it.
  2. Spent most of my Sunday night doing this.
  3. I was with my girlfriend an hour before the event. She resisted me going. Didn't want me to do it, and doesn't agree with it. When I was driving her back to her house, she was giving me the cold shoulder about me doing this instead of hanging out with her. I did it anyway.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Brittany is an Army vet. living in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I first met her during a personal development meetup group where she walked in about 20 minutes late. As she was crossing between the presenter and the 10 other attendees, she shielded her face and eyes so nobody could see her.

The presenter called her in front of the audience, teasing her and putting her in the 'hot seat' for one of the exercises.

I could sense the anxiety and stress all across her face. She was nervous and couldn't wait to sit down. For the rest of the event, she sat in the back, hiding out of sight. A reminder of how my life used to be when I suffered from social anxiety and never wanted to be the center of attention.

After the event, she says she recognized me from a YouTube video of mine that she saw. This is actually the first time someone in public came up to me and said they recognized me from something they saw on the internet.

We got dinner and drinks together, and I began talking about what I do with personal development. I began telling a lot of stories to her about my experiences and life. On the outside, they were entertaining stories and she enjoyed them, but deep down, they were metaphors that opened up her mind to new insights that I knew would help her life.

I went through a few NLP exercises with her, because she showed an interest in learning.

The following day I thanked her for helping me with something in regards to my relationship life. Her reply:

upload_2016-9-3_10-16-54.png

I saw her again on Thursday at another meetup group.

At this group, she was more outgoing, being sassy and sarcastic with everyone, and at one point was actually enjoying being the center of attention. After talking to her some more, she was saying how she went to a meeting for the real estate company she works for, and while most of the people there were all nervous and shy, her and another one of the agents were the 'alphas' in the room, radiating with confidence.

Reflecting this back to my business:

Problem: People suffer from social anxiety, nervousness, and stress. It impacts their behavior and limits their true experiences in life.

I already have the solution with the skills I've acquired over the years.

How to turn this into a possible branch of my business?

1. Where can I locate people who suffer from this problem?
2. How can I allow them to realize that I can help them very quickly?
3. How can I effectively communicate my value proposition to them, so they will realize that they would be doing themselves a disservice by not working with me to fix this problem for them?

From there, I already have products and services that solve their problem

Things holding me back from acting on this right now...

I got a lot of stuff on my plate already - FOCUS.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Business Update #1 - Second guest article published on Secret Entourage - http://www.secretentourage.com/entrepreneur/surround-yourself-with-success-the-90-million-mentor/ They said they are looking forward to my next one.

Business Update #2 - I am doing a video interview with the founder of Real Social Dynamics. He requested a video interview - and he said he spent over $1 Million on camera equipment for his business. I, on the other hand, work from my computer at home, so been spending all day running around, looking for a place to film.

1. Booked a room at the public library.
2. Reached out to my network - and a friend who runs his business from here said he booked me this conference room to do it.

upload_2016-9-8_15-59-38.png

3. I could do an outdoor video interview on pearl street in boulder.
4. I have a friend with a nice sized, well-lit house, and good camera gear - so that is another option.

I'm learning towards #2

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 1.24.57 PM.png
April update:
In 2014, I built a fashion magazine that I put on the app store and gained somewhere around 75,000 downloads. I haven't touched it since about March 2014 since it was earning passive income from the content I had out there and I focused on other things. It used a lot of private label content, and wasn't really a brand.

In October 2016, I was traveling through Malaga, Spain where I met a supermodel in an Arabic tea shop. She said she read The Millionaire Fastlane too and we began talking around that. I decided to re-brand the magazine under the Limitless brand and feature her on the cover so she can help grow her brand and gain more clients.

She reached out some of her friends in the fashion/modeling industry including fashion bloggers, playboy, and famous models to include content for the magazine. Just finishing up the first issue of the magazine to help her get her brand out there with the theme of "Inside the life of the supermodel."

Through the stories of these woman, a lot of the things they do are virtually the same as any other business - so I wanted to get that story out there to help people connect with them as real people instead of models that you see, where their life looks perfect on the outside.

Through helping her get her brand out there, I learned:
  • The girls are constantly ridiculed and told they are not pretty enough, too fat, too old, etc. and their confidence is low. In each issue of the magazine, I'm going to include an article to help people boost their inner self-confidence regardless of the judgement they face on the outside. I will link to my book The Cure for Happiness at the end of this article, and offer my services to help them gain confidence.
  • Just a few entrepreneurial skills can turn their freelance modeling careers into a fastlane business (professional website, branding, targeting, networking, etc.). I can help them jumpstart their careers in this sense, which is essentially what I've been doing anyway, but just to a new demographic. I will write articles in each magazine about brand building from my experience and apply it to modeling. At the end of the article, I will link to my book on entrepreneurship and offer my services to help them.
With some entrepreneurial insights and bulletproof confidence, I think these models can become limitless.

Same business plan, different marketing angle.

Outside of this, I have my books as the front end offer, and each morning and night, I'm typing up detailed repsonses on HARO. Got a few replies so far. This should build up over time.

Also, trying to get in touch with Elon Musk to help him with one of his new businesses.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Sales Opportunities by Striking up Natural Conversations

The other night, I did a manifestation exercise on having my business already grown, living in a dream condo in downtown Boulder - with the intent to manifest a growth in my business.

View attachment 16607

This morning, I go down to the farmers market with a friend of mine who lives here. We hike up Boulder Creek Path, and he mentions how he wants to go up into the mountains today near Estes Park. It's 75 degrees out (warmer than any day in the past few weeks), and my intuition kept me down from the mountains.

After we are about to wrap up our day, my intuition brings me to a woman's table setup near the farmers market, where she sells essential oils.

She was busy with a potential customer so I walk around for a bit and then go back, where we eventually find ourselves wrapped up in conversation, and I walk her through an NLP technique to help alleviate some hip pain she had for a few years. Guiding her through the process in the middle of a Farmers Market just kind of happened naturally because she mentioned she was into that stuff and I could help her out in just a few minutes.

A guy walking by the table kind of stopped and was watching me guide her through the process. I could see him out of the corner of my eye, but didn't really pay attention to him. When he jumps in the convo, he eventually asks me for my business card (I don't have any) so I wrote down my email address on a piece of paper where he told me he has two friends who could use my help and would probably be willing to pay for my services.

After he leaves, I talk more with the essential oil woman about how I help people overcome anxiety, and she talks about an essential oil that helps with anxiety and offered to help eachother out - where she could recommend my services to her customers and I could wholesale her essential oils to mine to help with that specific problem (this one being anxiety - also there is another oil on finding clarity - another service I offer).

She offered me a free bottle of essential oils, and I naturally take the one called "Heart Song" meant for opening your heart - Which, according to her, this is the one many women use when they go through menopause for hormonal imbalances. She said it would be interesting to see what it does on a guy. I put it on and about 10 minutes later, I find myself wrapped up in a long conversation with a girl who appeared out of nowhere.

View attachment 16606

Apparently the free bottle of essential oils turns out to be a natural aphrodisiac, so I think I'll wear this stuff as cologne from now on when I go out.

Anyhow, just felt the urge to write about this experience where going up to likeminded people and starting conversation led to a person saying he would recommend my services to his 2 friends, and a possible joint venture with the essential oils woman.
I find the same. Chat to everyone and good things happen. Nice photos.

Claude Roy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 11, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks! I've got a few friends who work for those organizations!

Jessi (the girl I'm doing this with) is the one with the dream to open an Animal Sanctuary, whereas my aspirations are more about waking people up from social conditioning (so they can think for themselves). This leads to people keeping an open mind to new things (such as AR and the food they eat, as well as things like the fastlane philosophy on life). So it'll be interesting to combine both into one thing.

She's the one building more compassion in me.

I'm the one with the motivation, drive, and large aspirations to push her.

I think both together will be a good mix and great things will come of this.

That is so awesome, that you're doing this with someone like her. Opening a Farm Sanctuary was one of my dreams a couple of years ago until I went and volunteered in one. It was one of the best experience of my life for sure. They did not promote veganism as much as they could have and in my mind, it's the a big responsibility of the place, but these animals are truly blessings and that's a really nice goal.

Combining AR and Fastlane is a dream combination honestly so I'm really stoked for you :)

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Great to see this thread!

I am really looking forward to watching this develop

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
This time last year I would be 'saving up' an extra $2,000 from my corporate job before I run ads. Now I'm just putting it on a business credit card so I can get data quicker.
I hear you-just had to do the same thing with purchasing business equipment at retail with a credit card vs waiting 45 days for a shipment from China. Im tired of refunding customers due to being out of stock.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just created a new campaign that is more narrowly targeted, upped the budget from $30/day to to $65/day so I can get more data quicker.

I don't know what network you're on, but sometimes if you're hitting your budget cap then you can just drop your bids and get more traffic for the same total spend. That assumes that dropping bids doesn't affect the quality of your traffic.

Somewhat related:

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So, why do you think that Google Analytics isnt proper analytics?

http://www.cpvlab.com/

I prefer this because it gives me data in real time, automatically filters between landing pages to split test, it gives me desktop alerts if my ROI on a campaign falls below a certain point and hits certain filters. There might be a filter to automatically cut off a specific landing page if it doesnt convert as well for that campaign - i havent used that so i could be confusing that with something else.

For example, I got about 150 clicks to my email opt in page on one target within my campaign - and 0 email opt ins. CPV can give me data before my advertising source even showed i began getting impressions.

Whenever I used google analytics, I had to wait overnight for data to refresh. If I spend $100 on a campaign in the next couple of hours, I get my data right away and can pause campaigns.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Lesson learned: Contacted my merchant account company last week because I originally had a low limit on my monthly transactions and a 'high ticket item' limit. Since creating a more advanced course which I feel offers the value to have a higher price, I will have to increase my maximum ticket item as well as my monthly limit. This process takes a few days and needs to be approved, so for anybody launching a webinar or product launch, make sure to do this well in advanced.

Warn your merchant account (powerpay), payment gateway (authorize.net), and shopping cart software (ultracart) companies about this so their fraud filters don't shut you down right when people try to make sales.

I also contacted paypal and setup a separate membership software funnel with their payment processing in the event I run into issues with my primary one.

They go into a lot of detail when making the change, and have to approve it:

How long is the launch / event and when does it start?

What is being offered?

What kind of volume should we expect to see?

What kind of price points should we be looking for and what is your refund policy?

How are you fulfilling the services/products for this launch?

How are you marketing this? Email list? Affiliates?

Is there a website we can visit to see the product launch?

What is the best phone number / email address to reach you at?

-Please also provide the past 3 months bank statements associated with all accounts

-Please also include a copy of the invoices/contracts for the product/service offered

*Please note that once all documentation and information has been received, an analyst will review and reach out within 24-48 hours.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
You're the owner of all these 3 restaurants. What would you do? You'd try to serve as many people as possible with a high-value product giving them exactly what they want. If they want something fancier, guess what? You serve that as well, but don't expect the masses to be flocking to the 3 star restaurant.

He could always try both:

One version of my product goes all of the way up to $10,000

The other starts at $19 with a crazy backend so I can try getting volume.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Also, out of 42 email opt ins for my lead gen form, only 25 double opted in. (anyone good with email marketing know if that's average?).
problem w/Lead Pages is that their analytics are kind of crappy. i'd suggest picking a page you like and have someone code it for you in html and then put it on your WP site w/analytics (clicky or google).

maybe first do some a/b testing w/their lp's and then pick one. i have someone who will do the html well and inexpensively.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Another tough day in the office....

Do you want to succeed, or are you too busy trying to not fail?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Limitless Academy - the website that shows you how to cure procrastination and rewire your brain for success, with a hint of.... casual dating site promotion??????

lmao - this came out of literally nowhere after running zero ads that have anything to do with dating.

upload_2015-6-19_17-23-2.png

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
@theag, that's exactly what I meant by Facebook banning people for nothing.

@AndrewNC - that sucks. Consider Google AdWords. They aren't that crazy.
The casual dating thing is pretty weird but if he promoted the thin lead gen page from his signature (http://limitless.academy/academy-training/register.html) then thats probably the reason for the ban. LP isnt clear on what exactly is offered (I dont get it), which is probably also the reason for sub-optimal results mentioned in this thread btw. FB doesnt like this stuff. So its not nothing, as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
How old was your version? Sorry to hear this! And what software you using for your academy? (Sorry if this is posted somewhere in the thread)

The membership software I use is http://www.amember.com/ (not wordpress). I just use wordpress for my blog. I know the oldest site's WP was at least a year old. In the process of deleting my old sites now.

My hosting company took care of the issue in time and everything is back to normal. I use an off site storage backup just in case - $10 per month :).

upload_2015-7-8_18-3-42.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What's next?

I'll continue to grow Limitless and build my brand...but I'll be spending a lot of my time with a new progress thread documenting my journey to write a (soon to be :)) best selling book...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
11/1/2015 update

Udemy didn't approve the course the first time and suggested fixes. Addressed them all within the first hour and awaiting review.

This is how I look at things. Think of your goal...maybe its $10,000 per day, $100,000 per day...whatever it is.

Every day your business is not up and running is a day you are losing money.

upload_2015-11-1_23-20-2.png

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Perhaps I could get a high quality branded shirt, iron it out, and have it look clean/pressed for those types of shots.

Yes, that would definitely be an improvement. It would be even better with a prominent Limitless logo on the front.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Are you going to try Amazon PPC first or something else?
I own a magazine in the industry with a lot of readers, so I'm going to place ads in that first.

Then I'm going to run youtube paid ads to targeted videos- and I'll use that to create a really cheap retargeting list because you don't need the person to click your ad on youtue in order to be added to the list - after that I'll run Google Display ads using that retargeting list.

Amazon was just a "might as well put it up there" type thing. Do you have any experience with Amazon PPC ads?

Cost per unit shipped to my door currently is $4.75 - Price point is $19.95 on amazon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.