The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Stop hiding behind your computer.

It's not a new concept, I've heard @Kak and others say it plenty of times.

In the past, I always wanted to hide behind my computer, make passive income, and be free. But nothing ever grew at a massive scale by doing that.

Yesterday, an assistant from one of the "sharks" from shark tank reached out to me via email.

st.png

After doing some research on the media company she referenced, it appears that it would include filming material for television spots (nothing to do with shark tank - but a separate venture they have).

I've had a lot of people reach out to me after the Inc. Magazine article come out, so my best guess is that is how I got on their radar.

To be honest, my first reaction after reading this was a little bit out of fear to leave my existing comfort zone. But after taking care of that, and just doing the thing that I'm not used to doing...I have a meeting scheduled this week to go over the details.

Regardless of what the meeting leads to, this experience woke me up to breaking free of the "hide behind the computer" mentality.

Now, instead of recording courses on powerpoint and a microphone, I feel the need to level up - and rent out a studio and become more professional. The content has always been there, but after seeing their other work - the delivery matters just as much.

What can you do to level up and break free from your "hide behind my computer" world?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Products
I began taking an NLP Master Practitioner course. It's a 400ish page workbook, and 3 cases of DVDs for training. For the first time in a long time, I was really anticipating the arrival of a product. It got me to thinking of looking into upgrading the length and content of my courses and turn them into two physical products over the next year. Up until now, my courses were 100% online, but I'm thinking the manuals and physical aspect of it will make it more valuable for the customers.

upload_2015-11-21_22-23-41-png.11092

Began production of the first physical training product - Ran a test of one of my online courses through paid traffic and did around $6,000 in revenue from it, and got overwhelming positive reviews of how my product help people's lives.

Creating a folder for screenshots of real (unsolicited) feedback from my courses:

upload_2015-12-5_12-38-49.png

Now i'm upgrading all of the content of the course - adding more value and resources, and turning it into a fundamentals training program with the level of training I received from the physical product above. My goal is to

The need/problem: There are countless people out there who want to make a positive impact in the world, and invent new ideas, and they have no clue where to start. As a result of not being properly educated, and trained - great, world-changing ideas are never brought into existence.

The Solution: Real, fundamental training (no shortcuts or step-by-step hand holding). When someone asked me about my product the other day, this is my response.

I'm basically solving all of the mental/educational problems I went through since 2011 - and my goal is to help others get to the level where I am at in months, instead of years.

upload_2015-12-5_12-41-21.png

The marketing plan:
  • I've already been running YouTube paid ads to build an audience who can benefit from this product. There is a large group of people already searching for what I'm creating.
  • Google Search also has millions of people per month searching for things related to my product.
  • Sponsorship ad on this forum, because I notice others are going through the same struggles I pushed through.
  • The book I'm publishing early next year will make people aware of my brand.
I will get them on an email list and personally help as many people as I can help one on one through their problems, and then let them decide from that point if my training is right for them.

How will I make money:

After speaking to some mentors of mine who run similar types of companies, we decided the best plan is to not take a profit from the sales, and reinvest it all into helping more people. In 2017 and beyond, the plan will be to invest in the top performers of people who go through the plan, and only become successful when they have success.

This will force us to have the bet quality training out there, and make sure we do everything to server people who are taking action and helping themselves.

The Next Steps: Finish up the training manual with all the information needed to get people on track to success.
After That: Re-record powerpoint lectures, design DVD case/packaging, and put everything together.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-5_12-41-17.png
    upload_2015-12-5_12-41-17.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I'm feeling really good about the direction things are going:

I'm rebranding away from the .Academy extension.

New brand: http://LimitlessCEO.com - Limitless CEO Magazine will be the main front for everything else.

The training courses are built, tested, getting great reviews, and most importantly, the people who are putting the training to use are getting RESULTS.

Now that the products are updated, sales copy is written, It's time to move on to the next stage of the business:

Getting in front of as many eyes as possible, by delivering quality, FREE content to everyone who needs it.

My #1 priority now is to create valuable content now, because I know when I do that - the rest will take care of itself.

Way's the site will monetize:

Beginner-Intermediate Level Training Courses:

1. Website - Start an Online Business - Fundamentals Training Course
  2. Website - NLP Training Course
  3. Udemy - Influence & Persuasion raining Course
  4. Udemy - Motivation Course
For Established Business Owners
  1. NLP/Consulting/Services (setting up websites, writing copy, design services, etc.) - Only for high-end clients.
Affiliate Partnerships:
  1. Aweber.com
  2. Leadpages
  3. Shopping Cart Software (TBD)
  4. TBD

Up Next/Marketing Goals:
  1. Grow LimitlessCEO Magazine from 11,000 readers to 100,000 free readers by May 1st..
  2. Daily YouTube Videos Uploaded to channel (I've been slacking on this)
  3. Daily Blog posts on LimitlessCEO.com to share with email list
  4. Remarketing ads sent to training course pages.
  5. Publish & Promote Deconstructing Success Book - Guest blogging, interviews, etc.
design.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
5/8/2016

1. Been doing consulting calls with success for clients
  2. Creating a training program to help people get from where they are to where they want to be, with all the practical skills they need to get there (really excited about this)
  3. Gaining interviews for limitless success magazine.
  4. Got a few more chapters for my book written - I want to rush it out and want to be done already, but i'm now patient knowing the extra time will pay off in the long run.

Starting a non-profit Limitless Earth

This is my goal behind the goal - the thing that is driving me to work harder and faster each day.
  1. Ultimate goal is to get people in full control and happy in their lives, curing depression. Also would like to wake people up to healthier lifestyles and promote the cure for lifestyle-based obesity.
  2. Working with Google for a $120,000 per year grant. Getting started with the paperwork for that this week.
  3. So far I have 3 promises for corporate contributors, one of them being myself, all donating 5% of profits each year to the cause.
  4. Next step - get the plan in place for our first step of curing depression.
Gary V. talks about buying the new york jets as his 'goal beyond the goal'. By having something so big and so large, that the small tasks of publishing a best selling book, starting a multi-million dollar business, and all this other small stuff is just a quick first step before I can achieve that. I'm already feeling that it is much easier to accomplish those tasks I used to have trouble doing while I look through this lens

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
5/19/2016

1. Last week, someone fraudulently drained all the money out of my bank account...that was a fun experience. Raised $4,000 that day for the product launch I'm working on, and pulled together another $3,000 through some hustle until that thing gets figured out.
  2. Re-wrote my sales copy to be less "internet marketing" sales copy, and more professional/authentic.
  3. Went to boulder startup week, and one of the organizers offered to sponsor my first international trip so I could experience different cultures...that came out of nowhere, so I'm networking with him to see how I can help him in return. He runs startup events in over 100 different countries and does what I want to do, so I'm looking to help him in any way possible for mentorship.
  4. Also met with some VCs in the boulder area to offer value to them first.
  5. "Project Boulder" is being taken over by hippies...that's a story in itself.
  6. Recording more professional videos with a quality backdrop and lighting.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I started hanging out with a lot of people in a specific industry - not for business idea extraction, but just as friends and having fun. Went hiking with them, went to dinners with them, rock climbing.

And they are all very influential people throughout the entire industry, and they asked for my help with what I've learned about online marketing and persuasive communication.

I feel there is a very big opportunity here...

But none of this was to try to grow my business - it was just to help people and make friends.
"Idea extraction" sounds so painful. I've never liked that phrase.

"Just help people" works so much better for me.

For me, business is all about building relationships, and helping people.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Beginning of July 2016

I've been focusing a lot on two things lately:
  1. Client sessions, which is a service people are really getting a benefit out of.
  2. Sales of my books/udemy courses to my email lists.
Things I'm looking to improve upon now:
  • Getting more leads into the brand.
In the past week, I've setup the homepages for my two books and one of the courses to capture email leads
  • I am Not a Millionaire - Making the Shift from Failure to Financial Freedom - Offering 5 free chapters of the book + the cure for motivation udemy course.
  • The Cure for Happiness: Timeless Secrets to a Stress Free Life - Offering 5 free chapters of the book + a free video training program that teaches them how to get into any emotional state they want.
  • The Cure for Motivation: How to Effortlessly Motivate Yourself to do Anything In Life - Offering a free email training
Through my email autoresponder, leads will go through a four-day email sequence, where I offer the respective book/course as an offer at the bottom of each (informational) email, and then a more direct CTA on the last email.

After that, they will be led into the limitless brand, and see what other products/offerings I have to offer.

Had a call last week with a woman who does marketing for a very large fitness brand, and took a bunch of notes (her suggestions):
  • Get myself onto clickfunnels.
  • Outside of Amazon print-on-demand publishing, print my own books and give them away for free + S&H - making money on the other products I've created during the checkout process.
  • Add 60-second value-add videos on the opt in pages, and through social media. Short enough where people will focus if it's a value add.
  • Look into the following: Affiliate Boot Camp, similarweb, clickbait ads.
  • Add my picture/face on the top of all my pages as the main part of the brand; similar to how russel brunson does his.
  • Merge all of my separate books/courses into the main brand (ugh...I just setup all those landing pages). The thoughts behind this is that they aren't buying a book on (happiness), written by Andrew Alexander. They are buying Andrew Alexander's next book on (who cares).
  • The main brand's mission is "Break free from the life you feel stuck in and live the life of your dreams." with my image as being the person who fixes their problems and shows them how to get unstuck. How to make that immediately apparent when they come in contact with the brand?
  • While the main brand will be me as the "authority figure", which I don't really want to be - I want the mission to be that, I should have an "authority hero" for each one of the courses. Where the person who took my motivation course when he had nothing and is now making $100,000 per year will be the face of that product. The person who was depressed and relied on drugs to make her happy -> is the face of the happiness book. Someone who people can relate to, who had the product already change their lives. While writing this out, I like the approach Real Social Dynamics has where they have an instructor where each of them has their own type of personality/history.
  • Make my free courses shorter (7 videos and close to an hour) -> under 4 minutes...which I'm kind of up in the air about because I want to give people what they need...and if they don't have the attention span to create real changes in their life, I don't want to water it down for others....we'll see how this works out.
  • Increase the amount of free content - with my image all through it, and bump up video content with 60 second videos.
On my cure for stress and anxiety:
  • I can teach that in 4 minutes or less.
  • I'm joining numerous facebook groups with close to 100k members each, for this problem of anxiety in peoples lives.
  • Step 1 - create free video and ask the leader of the group permission to post it for free.
  • After they see the benefits from the readership, ask them if I could offer them another free video bundle or something...making sure to get the leader's permission first.
  • I was told to make sure my email marketing and everything is setup correctly before I do this.
I'm not sure if I'm going to implement all of that right away.

The main thing I'm struggling with in the transition is to condense everything to one website like she suggested..

Limitless Dream Life -> Where I have the courses/books on: motivation, happiness, nlp, entrepreneur book, entrepreneur training academy, law of attraction video course, and influence and persuasion course.

If the main mission for that is "Break free from the life you feel stuck in"...I think I'll have harder time marketing right now vs. "The Cure for Motivation" website where I solve the problem for motivation with people, have them subscribe to my email newsletter, and then transition them into the Limitless brand after I help them with a specific issue.

Right now I'm just listing all my products on the limitless dream life webpage, and just keeping that there while I look into getting more traffic for each individual angle:

Happiness book + free course.
Motivation course.

And of course, continuing with the NLP sessions as long as demand keeps rolling in for that.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Agreeing with what the guys above said. I think the key to help more people taking action is simply selling to more people. Why do the big self-help gurus (not saying you are one) have hundreds or thousands of success stories? Because they sold their products to millions of people. Even if someone doesn't take immediate action your product still might contribute to smaller, subtle changes over time.

Imagine you're going into a McDonald's to order a cheeseburger and the guy at the counter goes like: "Uhm, Sir...you sure you don't want to order a salad instead?" You'd be like "WTF man, gimme dat burger!!!" Next time you're going out for dinner, you might decide on a nice, average restaurant order some steak and wine and they'll get you exactly that. Now you've really grown to like eating at restaurants and you treat yourself to a fantastic dinner at 3 star Michelin certified restaurant where they serve all the fancy shit.

You're the owner of all these 3 restaurants. What would you do? You'd try to serve as many people as possible with a high-value product giving them exactly what they want. If they want something fancier, guess what? You serve that as well, but don't expect the masses to be flocking to the 3 star restaurant.

Or look at this forum. How many people are registering? Want valuations on businesses that don't even exist and then leave after a week? Sure, it sucks, but what matters the most at the end of the day is that you're making an impact.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Update - People are signing up even when I don't have any live marketing campaigns :) Amazing feeling!

Not sure if it's from the youtube videos I put out there. From my signature on this forum. From my articles, facebook posts, referrals from current members, etc.

I was watching a youtube video the other day from another self development company that is very successful. His strategy is to give 100x more value up front for free (Via articles, free seminars, youtube videos, etc.) without expecting anything in return.

So based on that, I Switched up my homepage not trying to sell people (because most of them don't know me of the value I can offer...yet). And the main call to action is a free training course that answers the top 2 questions of my market:

1-How to find the path to your goals
2-How to take more action.

Creating a 30 day email training course offering as much value up front as possible, with the last week of the course introducing some of the advanced concepts from my mindset training course.

Been also recording youtube videos for free with other fastlaners who live in Scottsdale.
-Using Veeroll.com for my paid traffic on youtube, but they have a keyword tool inside of there so I can figure out the volume for popular keywords.
-Using those keywords in my description and tags on my youtube video.
-Right now, that's all i'm doing to rank the videos, but will contact popular blogs and send them videos to post on there if it relates to their audience.

Once this email autoresponder free course is up and complete, the only thing I have left to do for this movement is providing value.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Blimey. I can't believe I've just watched a video on rolling up my sleeves, and actually learned something from it too.

I always used to wear a nicely ironed shirt when going out. Sometimes with a light sweater over it. I've been lazy these last few years and just worn old t-shirts, and I'm not hitting the gym like I used to either.

Those videos actually have me thinking about dressing better.

Thanks @MTF

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Just started a new accountability month with KY (whatever your name on the forum is). Our goal is to record videos every day until the end of the year.
This is my first one after taking a while off to do other things. It can only go up from here :D

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
12/10/2015 - First physical product?

I hate physical products, I never wanted to sell one, I don't want to deal with inventory. R@WR

Apps were fun because I don't have to deal with inventory and they are "passive". People buy the product, and they get it instantly. Win-win, right?

But I found a need that I'm struggling with.

My family is continuing to ask me about Christmas presents. I don't really need anything and never ask for anything.

Option 1 - Say I don't want anything, and wind up with clothes that are out of style.
Option 2 - Tell them that I want to start a non-profit so I can give to other people.
Option 3 - There is one thing I do kind of need - It's in the medical-ish field. More like preventative than medical. I looked at the prices online and the products cost around $70.

I go on Alibaba and I can get 10 of them for less than that price

As the entrepreneur I am, I'm thinking of keeping one for myself, and then selling the rest.

I checked google trends, and it appears to still be on an upward spiral.

View attachment 11207

Google keyword planner says a direct search for the main term has 22,000 monthly searches. (this doesn't include brand names of major competitors, etc.)

View attachment 11208

I don't even know if this is a good idea to start this because I have a lot of other things I'm working on, with looking to sell my first business, finish up my training program i'm creating, as well as the book.

What's the worst that can happen? I have a lifetime supply of what I will use anyway.

@Andy Black - Your google adwords talk with me over a year ago is being put to good use. Sometimes we are delayed in taking action. I thank you for that!

Let's give the guy some rep speed :)
As you would say: "What's the BEST that can happen?" :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Rule of negotiations, the person willing to walk away has the advantage.

Me: How much per unit?
Them: $22
Me: I found another company to do it for $4.85, thank you for your time
Them: We can do $7

...ordered 5 samples to see what quality I like the best.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Lessons learned this week:
  1. If you want to be covered by the press - be something worth writing about.
  2. You can push yourself to overload and it will take a toll on your health. Take a break every so often and get outside. Meditate. Relax.
  3. A product I may sell in the future may have saved my life.
  4. People don't learn by reading. They learn by DOing.
The most important thing I learned through one of the students going through my course is the 4th thing I just mentioned.

A problem with 'info products'...no, not just info products, but the mainstream education system is that people think they accomplish things by absorbing content and reading. This is a big problem, because you only truly learn by DOing and experiencing.

One of the fastlaners going through my course emailed me with a question and I decided to try something new with him. He took the course for a low price, but I decided to help him one on one and coach him on starting the type of business that was my first big success.

The first task, but a domain name and setup a quick homepage - Very easy...almost unneccesary though.

The real lesson came in when I told him to get 20 influencers to write for the magazine I'm helping him start. I have a magazine with 70,000 readers in that niche, which will offer value to the influencers (kind of a shortcut, but it will help him).

I did this knowing that almost none of them will reply.

I know this because that's what happened when I first did it. I wanted to give up.
I know this because someone else I partnered with had to email 300 people just to get the first YES.

The real lesson lays on what he does next, after he got rejected. I knew he would, and I Was sitting here waiting for him to tell me.

It wasn't until he took the action, before I gave him the lesson. On face value, the lesson was "you're going to hear a lot of no's until you get a yes". But reading this will do nothing. IT won't resonate with you by reading it, even if you think it will do.

What he does next will determine if he really understands that lesson.

When you hear 100 no's, will you keep pushing forward? Or will you jump to the next thing, expecting instant success?

This is a first step for me in creating the real program I've been wanting to create to help others.

Re-inventing education. Learn through experience.

The fun part will be setting future students up for failure and seeing how they react? Most people will get annoyed and give up.

I think this calls for a screening process.

Also, more people keep asking about my book from the Deconstructing Success thread.

It's ready...when it's ready. Quality > time. ;)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
2/29 Update -

Decided not to sell my first business, because of the potential that I was sitting on.

Brought on a partner and decided to make the magazine 100% free to readers, funded by advertisers who want to reach our readerbase of 100,000+ readers.

In the process of working out deals with $100 Million brands in the niche, setting a sales goal of $15,000 this month.

Hiring 2 part time employees this month, and a project manager/graphic designer next month.

This will be fun :)

Book content coming along - youtube videos recorded - have to upload them when time frees up this week.

Currently looking for a partner on a second magazine that I'm going to revamp.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
upload_2016-9-7_19-8-13.png

Estes Park, Colorado - 9/6/2016 - Mountain Sunset

My friend and I climbed up a rock formation 20 miles north of Rocky Mountain National Park, enjoying the scenery and philosophizing about life.

We began talking about our life purpose.

In some circles, they say that each of us was put on this planet with a purpose to serve. And events unfold in your life that nudge you in the right direction when you are going too far off track from your purpose.

Stages of Evolution:
  1. Helping yourself.
  2. Helping others.
  3. Helping the community or world as a whole.
In business, we see the same concept, using a different language.
  1. Self - "I want to make $1 Million"
  2. Others - "Help the customer"
  3. World - "Serve the market"
I feel as if my friend is pulling me in a new direction with my business.

I used to care about myself and making money. Then I served customers (making money and helping people). But now, I'm starting to look at the bigger picture.

I've been studying how to change systems instead of individuals.

Theoretical Example - We complain how the education system sucks for entrepreneurship. Up until now, I create self-study training courses to help re-education people after they've been through the system. (I teach them how to think for themselves, be in control of their life, and not rely on others to lead them).

But that is level 2 thinking.

Level 3 would be to work with the education system itself, and work the things I learned about personal development and other things into the curriculum. Starting to do so with private schools (most open to change) and then carry it over to public schools.

When you change the system, millions of people are going to be impacted, instead of going for one-on-one.

That's just one example, but the intent behind this is different now...it's about creating a change in the world as a whole, instead of just for myself and one person at a time (customers).

This feels much more rewarding...I chased the money, I got the money...and something was missing.

Now, I feel like I'm at the point where I should serve my purpose to the world, and be the change I want in the world.

Going forward

My friend and I joining forces together to tackle an issue in an industry that is growing very quickly. She has the passion and drive to make a huge difference. She has the industry knowledge. I have the knowledge to reach millions of people and all the sales/marketing stuff, applied to something meaningful.
  • She wants to make the training courses I sell be for free to increase impact.
  • I want to make sales, knowing that this will fund the growth of the movement, reach more people, sustain growth...and pay the bills
Gotta pay the bills! Now to use my influence training to allow her to understand all that :)

We'll see where this goes.

upload_2016-9-7_19-58-59.png

Have you thought about finding a purpose beyond yourself and one-on-one customers to create a meaningful change in the market (or the world)?

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Your Comfort Zone & Inner Confidence | Day 1 | Granada, Spain

View attachment 13278

Sometimes life doesn't feel real.

I'm convinced I'm in a waking dream.

Just yesterday, I was waking up in a bed that was all familiar to me, in a town that I spent many months living in, surrounded by people who I've known for most of my life.

Today, I woke up in a foreign land, thousands of miles across the ocean from the country and culture I was born into, and remained in for the first 29 years of my life.

Walking through the city with my girlfriend last night, we're hearing conversations in unknown languages surround the bubble of reality we are locked in together. The only other English I heard since I got here were two tourist girls complaining and using the F*** word when all the locals were stopping in the middle of the street.

They were probably from New York.

Everything is so...foreign...over here.

And it doesn't seem real. I've never experienced this before.

A strange thing happened after being an entrepreneur for five years now. In the past, most of my friends would say I'm lucky for being able to do this, and they would make some type of list of all the reasons holding them back. But now, I feel like I'm just catching up to where most of my friends are.

They say that if you're the smartest person in the room, it's time to go in a new room.
  • I'm alone (with my g/f) in a new city.
  • Making a new pivot for my business.
  • Downsized from my full computer with 3 screens to a single laptop without a mouse.
  • Starting over fresh, burning the boats, so they say.
But I'm not scared. I'm not worried. I'm not uncomfortable.

Last night at dinner, my girlfriend and I were talking about leaving your comfort zone.

View attachment 13279

Leaving Your Comfort Zone

I used to be scared of a lot of things.

Just the thought of doing things and making that leap into the unknown was so uncomfortable, that I would always talk myself out of it before I jumped.

Each and every time I stayed in place; my life never changed. In the moment, it was comfortable, but looking back on things; it was always a regret.

A regret not to change my life around when the opportunity came my way.

The first time I took the leap, it was driving 2,000 miles across the country to Arizona with nothing but a dream. I had no clue what I was doing when I would get there, but I found a way to make it work. The next two years of my life were like a vacation that never ended.

Palm trees, beach-resort-style apartments, high end nightlife, year-round sunny weather.

Then I took a few more leaps and the landing was rough.

Getting bruised, torn up, and knocked cold on the hard crash down, I took enough of those leaps that eventually they did lead to my worst possible fears.

But when all that unfolded, I survived.

Now, as I take that leap once again into the middle of a foreign country with no means of egress until my flight on December 15th, I'm once again in the position where I need to make things work.

But it's not uncomfortable.

My girlfriend on the other hand, is saying how she's really far out of her comfort zone with all of this, and it's getting to her.

How does one make the uncomfortable, comfortable?

Is it something that you have to prepare for?

Or is it something you have to experience for yourself?

What is uncomfort?

In my view, it's simply a set of emotions we feel. When our ancestors from 10,000 years ago lived in tribes of 150 people, and had the comfort and security of the tribe, anything outside the perimeters of what they were used to led to certain death.

I like to think our human programming is outdated, where the things we fear doing, but logically know that everything will be ok - is not going to kill us.

When we venture off into the wild, we don't die, but we face trials and tribulations that make us stronger.

I know my girlfriend is going to come back stronger. She's facing these trials and tribulations for the first time, and the first time you face them; they're scary.

But what happens when you make the uncomfortable, comfortable?

Now, instead of viewing these things as a struggle, I view them as excitement.

Because no matter what happens to us when we take this leap, in the end, it's all going to lead us to the same place.

One day you're going to die.

And so will I.

But when I look back on my life, I know that the most amazing experiences I've had in my entire life happened outside of my comfit zone, after I took that leap.

I haven no clue what then next few months have in store for me...but deep down, I do.

To the best decision I made in my entire life...

Have fun and be safe.

Do your blogging on your blog though, not here.

You can post major updates here, but this thread can't be bumped every day for this.

Good luck, be safe. Travel well, have fun, and we'll catch you with a trip and learning summary when you come back.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Great to see this thread!

I am really looking forward to watching this develop
+1

Also, very well written and formatted @AndrewNC ...

The one thing to takeaway is that your ideas are worth nothing. By getting your idea or product into market, you finally begin to learn what people really need help with.

Amen.

I've just posted this in my own progress thread too.

"You don't learn until you launch" - Dan Norris

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Mindset shift of the week: It's really resonating that time is more valuable than money (i've heard it and understood it before, but now it's sinking in). This time last year I would be 'saving up' an extra $2,000 from my corporate job before I run ads. Now I'm just putting it on a business credit card so I can get data quicker. Riskier move...but in order to get new results in my life, i'll have to take new actions.

Good stuff, Andrew. Love the last part - "in order to get new results in my life, I'll have to take new actions."

I think that most, if not all, of the most successful guys who are able to scale fast and build huge businesses much more quickly than the average businessman are just less afraid of taking risks and leveraging money. Bootstrapping is fine in the beginning, but after some time it's just scarcity mindset and exchanging time for money (which is the worst trade of all).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Google Analytics should not be considered proper analytics in my book.

I hardly use Google Analytics. If 1,000 people saw your ad and 10 clicked through, then Analytics will help you find out more about those 10 visitors. But what about the other 990 that saw your ad and kept going? What were they looking for? Why did the ad not appeal?

Say you spent $10 for those 10 clicks. Then you've also bought 1,000 impressions for $10. Why not learn from the people who didn't click too?

I'm aware that you're not using paid search, but these two posts might interest you:

I'm biased towards paid search for a reason:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Moral debate: Sell the quick fix dream, but then deliver them what they need?
"Sell people what they want, then give them what they need."

Can't remember where I heard that. I'm not entirely convinced, but it might help you.

What actually is the magic pill that is selling so well in your space?

What percentage of people finish courses online?

Of those that finish them, what percentage then take action?

Of those that take action, what percentage then get good results?

I'm sure they're depressing stats for someone who's passionate about helping people.

How do you get more people to take action and get the results?

How do you keep on trucking when the numbers are lower than you'd like to see?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
There are two types of people in this world.
1. People who let obstacles stop them and who wait for opportunities to come to them.
2. People who are resourceful and improvise along their journey and do anything and everything to push forward.

Since Facebook is still reviewing my appeal to get my account back, I decided to build some brand awareness on.....

Tinder!

Tinder Marketing
I met this girl on Tinder today....

IMG_9349.PNG

Sometimes I wonder why I'm single....Times like these make me realize why :D

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Great day so far!

Uploaded the post I took 48 hours to write on reddit. Let the trolls converge!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Entreprene..._i_built_a_company_with_860000_app_downloads/

Also got my first udemy course approved - Created a free coupon code for fastlaners:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-cure-for-procrastination-laziness.63688/

8 people enrolled in the first 30 minutes :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
12/10/2015 - First physical product?

I hate physical products, I never wanted to sell one, I don't want to deal with inventory. R@WR

Apps were fun because I don't have to deal with inventory and they are "passive". People buy the product, and they get it instantly. Win-win, right?

But I found a need that I'm struggling with.

My family is continuing to ask me about Christmas presents. I don't really need anything and never ask for anything.

Option 1 - Say I don't want anything, and wind up with clothes that are out of style.
Option 2 - Tell them that I want to start a non-profit so I can give to other people.
Option 3 - There is one thing I do kind of need - It's in the medical-ish field. More like preventative than medical. I looked at the prices online and the products cost around $70.

I go on Alibaba and I can get 10 of them for less than that price

As the entrepreneur I am, I'm thinking of keeping one for myself, and then selling the rest.

I checked google trends, and it appears to still be on an upward spiral.

upload_2015-12-10_23-16-26.png

Google keyword planner says a direct search for the main term has 22,000 monthly searches. (this doesn't include brand names of major competitors, etc.)

upload_2015-12-10_23-18-33.png

I don't even know if this is a good idea to start this because I have a lot of other things I'm working on, with looking to sell my first business, finish up my training program i'm creating, as well as the book.

What's the worst that can happen? I have a lifetime supply of what I will use anyway.

@Andy Black - Your google adwords talk with me over a year ago is being put to good use. Sometimes we are delayed in taking action. I thank you for that!

Let's give the guy some rep speed :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.