The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's - Raw Review Corner

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@SinisterLex Are you doing anymore of these? I rewatched nearly all of these tonight. So much great, actionable content. Now that I have doing freelance for six months and hiring other people too I got a lot more out of it then the first time around. Sometimes when I see posts I made on here a few months back I cringe but that means I am making solid progress. Threads like this one really help - there are different layers of value that it takes time to fully see.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nichiseven

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 1, 2016
...At first I hated it. I really really hated the idea of this stupid app.

But I swear it grows on you like crazy and soon you're just scrolling and scrolling.

I have a lot of younger friends in their 20's and quite a few of them have told me it's rather popular amongst them. Not on the same level as Vines, but it's growing. You've got me thinking.

Thank you for all the videos. They helped me to think about what I am doing right, what needs more work and where I can improve. +rep

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
@SinisterLex Are you doing anymore of these? I rewatched nearly all of these tonight. So much great, actionable content. Now that I have doing freelance for six months and hiring other people too I got a lot more out of it then the first time around. Sometimes when I see posts I made on here a few months back I cringe but that means I am making solid progress. Threads like this one really help - there are different layers of value that it takes time to fully see.

Hey Fox,

Glad you enjoyed the videos. I'm not sure when I'll do more, but at some point I will. My equipment isn't set up right now while we're rearranging things in the house, but maybe in a few weeks depending on how things go.

m0ntilla

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 28, 2016
How To Walk Into Stores & Pitch Your Idea To
Key Influencers & Decision Makers

This video is by special request of @tafy to help show his new mentoree that it's not the idea blocking the results.

I didn't prepare at all for this. Pretty much as soon as he said make a video I grabbed pen and paper and went to town. :D

3 restaurants, 3 key people, 3 responses in the form of a yes, giving me permission to return when I'm ready to sell.

Here's what I learned:

Local restaurants where I'm at have 1 main slow time throughout the week.

Some restaurants may be less impacted by the idea due to the general age of their customers.

Chain restaurants need to chat with the District Manager / Corporate office before making decisions.

It's good to make friends with the GM, because they still have a lot of influence.

Local restaurants in my town all use different forms of advertising, but only 1 of these 3 used Groupon.

The others weren't using any other similar app.

Key Notes:

- Didn't buy business cards before doing this.
- Didn't make a website before doing this.
- Nobody said no.
- Got key information from an influencer at every place.
- Got permission to return which is the most important thing of all.
- Started a bit rough, and got over my adrenaline by the second pitch.
- Got key info at the first buz. that I used to help pitch others.
- Noticed things in the environment that could help pitch (such as lack of customers due to time of day)
- Took pen & paper so I could write down names. I can use those names to get me back in the door later.
- Wore business casual clothing.
- Wore a smile everywhere.
- Nice to everyone, including holding door for random customer & making chit chat with regular employees.

So there you have it, and I hope this helps. :)

Just do it.

Hey @SinisterLex, I'm new to the forum, arrived here like 5 days ago... your videos and threads are great and helpful, just wanted to say a big THANKS.

Also @Andy Black and the rest of the people, I'm loving how you support each other.. I'm glad i found all of you and eager to also be helpful :D

Keep going!

Last edited:

Green Destiny

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 19, 2016
Thanks for posting all these awesome videos, especially loved the videos on taking action and idea pitching. I wish I had watched these before I did this to validate my own idea as it was something I put off for too long. Like you say, the first one is the hardest but after a couple, I got into a good role, got some great feedback and responses and now I feel a lot more comfortable about doing this. I've already booked some stalls at some industry trade shows during the summer whereas before I would never had had the confidence or ability to make these pay.

I even managed to get a number of businesses that said they would be interested in paying me upfront to help me build the app so that's going to come in handy when I start building the B2C part of my application.

Perhaps more importantly though is that, like you mentioned, you get real feedback from your potential customers and it's these little nuggets that can help you turn your idea into something that provides even greater value to your customers.

So if anyone else is reading this who has an idea but keeps making excuses to themselves not to go and validate it or to go and get some sales, watch @SinisterLex videos on idea pitching and meeting people, get pumped and get out there and do it. I promise you wont regret it.

P.s I subscribed to your YouTube channel. Looking forward to the next videos when you get time.

Cheers ;)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wantrapreneurs Suck...At Problem Solving.
Discover common differences in how wantrapreneurs & entrepreneurs see the world. Some of you don't need this video. Some of you do. If you're honest with yourself, I'm sure you both know who you are.

Bump.

Haha... I forgot how much I loved these.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Anybody want a raw review?

I'm doing more of these free for those on the forum. Send me a PM with a link to what you want reviewed.

If you want it anonymous, please remove your personally identifiable information before sending me the link.

To save time I will NOT edit out personally identifiable information for you.

This doesn't have to be copywriting. I'll look over ONE page for you.

Could be an idea you're thinking about executing on.
Could be copywriting.
Could be your website and it's design.
Could be something else...

Whatever you got, I'll share my raw thoughts on it for you. Thanks.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Raw Review of Avoid the Noise

A couple of thoughts:

• Fairly targeted and the design looks okay
• Some of the wording takes me out of the picture a bit
• The lead magnet doesn't make sense at all
• Not really enough copy or stuff on the home page

I expected there to be a lot more on the home page -- more about what your website is and what it does and how you do reviews and whether or not you're a platform and just things of that nature. I like the homepage design. Just needs more and a better lead magnet.

If others get a chance, swing by YouTube and drop a comment with your thoughts so we can help the site owner get better and grow! :)

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Raw Review - Lighthouse Counselling

Was gonna reply on his thread, but Raw Reviews are so much more fun.

Muahahahahaha

But seriously, I've worked on a LOT of coaching / counseling websites, so there's that.

Might be worth a watch if you're in one of those industries. :)

@jb5150

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Totally unrelated.. but I feel like Lex has a back up career as a radio shock jock if copywriting doesn't work out haha

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Totally unrelated.. but I feel like Lex has a back up career as a radio shock jock if copywriting doesn't work out haha

Shhh! Don't reveal my devious mastermind plots on the outside! >)

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Raw Review - Khalid's Upwork Profile

Okay, so what can I say...not much here. This profile won't pass for a copywriters profile at all. Nobody, not one single person will hire you for even $5 looking like this.

So here's what you need to do:

1. Study copywriting because right now it's clear you're no copywriter.
2. Figure out what kind of copy you want to write and what kind of clients you want to target.
3. Identify their biggest problems and make it clear how you solve those problems in your profile.
4. Write some actual copy in your profile. Right now there's no reason for anyone to hire you.
5. Swing by my website and pick up a copy of my free Upwork Bio template to help you out.

Bottom line, until you can actually help your clients, you'll have a rough time finding work as a copywriter. Start with the suggestions above and consider going into content/blog post writing first before jumping in as a copywriter because that will help you get a foot in the door.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Bottom line, until you can actually help your clients, you'll have a rough time finding work as a copywriter.

If you cannot sell yourself, you can't be a good salesman. Same applies to copy. If you can't even make your own profile sell, how will you sell for me?

Tenu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2016
Raw Review - Khalid's Upwork Profile

Okay, so what can I say...not much here. This profile won't pass for a copywriters profile at all. Nobody, not one single person will hire you for even $5 looking like this.

So here's what you need to do:

1. Study copywriting because right now it's clear you're no copywriter.
2. Figure out what kind of copy you want to write and what kind of clients you want to target.
3. Identify their biggest problems and make it clear how you solve those problems in your profile.
4. Write some actual copy in your profile. Right now there's no reason for anyone to hire you.
5. Swing by my website and pick up a copy of my free Upwork Bio template to help you out.

Bottom line, until you can actually help your clients, you'll have a rough time finding work as a copywriter. Start with the suggestions above and consider going into content/blog post writing first before jumping in as a copywriter because that will help you get a foot in the door.
Thanks for the feedback. Now I know what to do.

KimSemiglia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Apr 1, 2018
Australia
I just read this thread not that long ago and I found something really interesting today after watching SinisterLex approach people and experiencing someone doing the same thing today.

I'm at a coffee shop and a man that I normally would think looks "intimidating and prestigious" comes in and doesn't even introduce himself and asks the person at the counter "hey who's your distributor?" and the lady had no clue what he was asking so said "sorry what?" and he got rude and just repeated what he asked with a louder voice showing annoyance.

At this point, the mom of the owner walks out and asks if she can help and he continued with his tone not even altering the words he was saying even though they had no clue what he was talking about lol

Not to talk bad about his effort, but it makes me realize how I used to give so much credit to people who seem to be "prestigious" and felt like I was inferior in a way, but after becoming more aware of how many businesses and owners have bad customer service and just bad attitudes, it makes me so much more confident about going into the business world knowing about "providing value"

Maybe he's just in the early stages of learning to approach businesses in person, but the point of this message is to show that there's people out there pretty much yelling at store workers for help, and if you feel like you can do better than that, you're off to a good start lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.