The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
**IMPORTANT** CURRENT PROMOS ARE IN THE LATEST POST FROM THIS THREAD. USE THE LINKS IN THE LATEST POST TO GET CURRENT DISCOUNTS!

Over the past few months I've shared a lot of experienced-based training through inexpensive Udemy courses. The goal was to help freelance entrepreneurs learn the tools I used to grow two full-time freelance incomes from scratch.

Each course covers one area of entrepreneurship. Topics are delivered in a clear, direct way, very little fluff. The idea is to give you only what you need to get up and earning fast. Inside each course you will find helpful practice activities, quizzes and access to our growing Facebook Group.

Below is a list of available programs. Most people start with "Start a Freelance Business" and then continue into the Upwork courses since there are a lot of Upworkers out there. But even if you're not on Upwork you can find these courses useful for you.

If you're wandering in circles looking for direction, consider training with me. Find the course that's right for you and
put yourself in it now!

GENERAL FREELANCE COURSES
Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your Freedom Now!
Freelance Copywriting: Write Dirty. Go Big. Start Now!
Freelance Article Writing: Write Your Way to Pay Today!
Freelance Mindset: Become an Unstoppable Freelance Force!
Difficult Clients: What to Do When Freelance Clients Go Bad!

UPWORK FOCUSED COURSES
Advanced Upwork Proposals: Tips to 10x Client Responses Fast!
Advanced Upwork Interviews: A Simple Way to Earn High Pay!
Advanced Upwork Profiles: Craft a Magnetic Profile Today!
Beyond Upwork: How to Find Freelance Clients Outside of Upwork!

ENNEAGRAM PERSONALITY COURSES
Enneagram: A Simple Introduction to the Nine Types!
Enneagram Type 1: A Critical Look Inside the Reformer's Mind!

Here's what some students over the past month said:

Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 6.56.03 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 6.51.51 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 6.51.09 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 6.46.39 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 6.55.41 AM.png

P.S. After going through the courses, please add a review. I don't make updates fast, but I do update the courses from time to time and I try to address issues and student feedback when I can. So if there's something you'd like to let me know, or would like to see added or covered in the future, please add a review. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Approved, stuck, and promoted to all category pages. Good luck.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
How do I pick one among so many courses?

Lenin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 4, 2018
Over the past few months I've shared a lot of what I know through inexpensive Udemy courses. The goal was to give value and hopefully create new semi-passive income systems. The process was successful and I'm earning $1,100 to $2,500 per month on autopilot. If you want the play-by-play, it's in my Insider progress thread.

Until now, I haven't posted about the courses. The only mention is by forum members who find them worth sharing. The courses focus on specific topics and are delivered in casual, conversational style. I share what I know based on experience without the bells and whistles of more expensive training. I do this because it's faster to share information when I'm not caught in endless video edits.

Despite the simplicity, the courses consistently receive high ratings. Some of them are rated higher than Seth Godin's material which covers similar subjects. As of today, I have 4,066 students spanning 11 programs and a growing student Facebook Group of nearly 600 members. So I thought it was time for a forum ad where you can easily find, follow and enroll in my courses and use them to fuel your own pursuits.

Below is a list of available programs. They would all be $9.99, but Udemy recently updated their promotion system, so that's not possible anymore. But when you use any of the links below, you will get my courses at Udemy's current best price (which is usually between $9.99 and $14.99). So if you've ever wanted to learn from me, check out the courses below and find the one that's right for you.

Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your Freedom Now!
Freelance Copywriting: Write Dirty. Go Big. Start Now!
Freelance Article Writing: Write Your Way to Pay Today!
Freelance Mindset: Become an Unstoppable Freelance Force!
Difficult Client: What to Do When Freelance Clients Go Bad!

UPWORK FOCUSED COURSES
Advanced Upwork Proposals: Tips to 10x Client Responses Fast!
Advanced Upwork Interviews: A Simple Way to Earn High Pay!
Advanced Upwork Profiles: Craft a Magnetic Profile Today!
Beyond Upwork: How to Find Freelance Clients Outside of Upwork!

Enneagram: A Simple Introduction to the Nine Types!
Enneagram Type 1: A Critical Look Inside the Reformer's Mind!

Here are some samples of what students over the past month said:

View attachment 28154

View attachment 28156

View attachment 28157

View attachment 28158

View attachment 28155

P.S. After going through the courses, please add a review. I don't make updates fast, but I do update the courses from time to time and I try to address issues and student feedback when I can. So if there's something you'd like to let me know, or would like to see added or covered in the future, please add a review. Thank you.
Very interesting, I like your style, I check it right now!

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
G

GuestU67047

EDIT: Just watched the preview, I may give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I am an owner of 83 courses. Is this better than what I own already? Before I spend more money, what separates you from them?

View attachment 28223

I have no idea if my courses are better than what you own. I don't know what you own and I don't compete with others to be the best course maker.

My courses are for those who like the content I've shared for free. They're for action-takers who want to get going fast. With 83 courses, several unfinished, what qualifies you to be my customer?

G

GuestU67047

I have no idea if my courses are better than what you own. I don't know what you own and I don't compete with others to be the best course maker.

My courses are for those who like the content I've shared for free. They're for action-takers who want to get going fast. With 83 courses, several unfinished, what qualifies you to be my customer?

Lets see. I changed my response stating I saw a preview and may purchase and yet you decided to post my original response well after that fact? I think I got my answer. Ex-military vet or not.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Lets see. I changed my response stating I saw a preview and may purchase and yet you decided to post my original response well after that fact? I think I got my answer. Ex-military vet or not.

It's all good. Not a fit for you anyway.

G

GuestU67047

It's all good. Not a fit for you anyway.

That's perfectly fine, keep being a great contributor to the forum.

[EDIT: My questions came across wrong and it wasn't even my intention originally which is why I updated.]

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I'm unsure if these are a good fit for me at this stage.

I think I need to learn general prospecting and closing most of all.

It's also unclear to me what context you assume your customers have.

As well as how much requires a decent hearing abilty. To follow video without subtitles/audio. You may well have addressed this in your video.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm unsure if these are a good fit for me at this stage.

I think I need to learn general prospecting and closing most of all.

It's also unclear to me what context you assume your customers have.

As well as how much requires a decent hearing abilty. To follow video without subtitles/audio. You may well have addressed this in your video.

Hey LittleWolfie,

At least one of the courses is dedicated to sales training (Upwork Advanced Interviews). The Upwork-specific courses talk quite a bit about prospecting within Upwork. The other freelance courses cover prospecting in different ways.

I assume the following of my customers:

1. You need help with freelancing
2. You don't have a lot of money or don't want to spend a lot of money
3. You want to learn from someone who has already got a lot of results and helped others do the same

Every Udemy course has subtitles which are uploaded by Udemy. I haven't checked to see how accurate they are. I was told a few days ago that there were some errors in subtitles in one of the courses, so in the future I'll add my own.

Most of the courses use a combination of talking-head videos, slides and text lectures to get the points across. You can preview lessons in all of my courses to see what each one is like. Also, Udemy has a 30 day refund policy so if the course didn't work out for you, then you can even get your $10 back.

BTR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 19, 2019
The timing couldn't be any better for me. I will be starting with the Freelance Mindset course. Thank you Lex!

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
For clarification, and because Gamefan sent a whiny PM asking why I'm so mean to him...

Who Should Join These Courses
- You need a way to make money on the side or full-time
- You want to learn freelancing
- You don't want to spend a lot of money on it
- You like courses delivered in a clear, direct manner
- You want to learn from me
- You are an independent thinker
- You are a go-getter who takes an idea and runs with it
- You want to join our customer-only Facebook group
- You want to get fast responses from me for freelance questions (in Facebook)

Who Should NOT Join These Courses
- You expect to pay $10 and get the world's greatest courses
- You expect me to justify my courses over others I've never taken
- You feel entitled to my niceness without approaching me the same way
- You need someone to hold your hand
- You are high-maintenance
- You can't find value even in the free training plastered all over this forum
- You send PMs to people who are too mean to you
- You need a safe space because the world is too mean and scary
- You don't agree with my approach to business
- You don't like me as a person

Basically, if you like what I've shared in this forum for free and you want more, then enroll in the courses. They cost the same as your last Starbucks drink and you get access for life. If you need help and you want to get started fast then it's a no-brainer.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The timing couldn't be any better for me. I will be starting with the Freelance Mindset course. Thank you Lex!

Thanks @BTR see you on the inside! :smile2:

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
I've never taken any course by Lex but before starting my latest company I was a full time professional freelance copywriter.

Every single piece of advice I have seen from Lex about copywriting has been excellent. I have no doubt that for a tiny sum of $10 his course is worth Every. Single. Penny.

I mean shit, if you only learn ONE thing and apply it...

JUST ONE...

... You'll make your investment of $10 back many times over.

Personally I believe Lex is absolutely crazy for selling his courses on udemy for such a low price. He should bundle them all up into one "super course," slap a fancy name on it, and sell it for $497 - $997 on his own site.

But hey, since he isn't...

TAKE ADVANTAGE!

Look, I don't know Lex (and hes never asked me to say anything nice about him)...

But I have seen his advice throughout the forum.

If you want to learn how to make money as a freelancer...

Or you just want to improve your copywriting skills...

Getting all of his tactics and tips for such a low price is a STEAL.

Last edited:

Itzemp3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Sep 18, 2019
I really enjoyed the course actually. It's exactly what's needed to set off in the part-time freelancing direction. Taken a few courses before, and they were triple the price and 1/3 of the value.

Yet, Lex's course has been quite easy to follow and specific too. Nice one!!!

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I'm not personally interested in freelancing anymore (prefer the "products" approach straightaway), but I'm sure these courses are high value after reading Lex on this forum. I'd recommend anyone interested in the topic to take a look. I'm sure you can get back your +$10 spent when you get your first contract.

@Lex DeVille BTW I had a brief look and it was interesting to see that you have many short(2-3 hours) courses. Most people tend to create a long course, cramming everything in, which sounds like less focused and also less profitable for the course maker.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
November is here, and I've been thinking about ending my Udemy courses (or at least not making anymore) so I can focus on developing a more intimate and advanced freelance program.

If I end the courses they will be removed from Udemy (current students have access for life). I'm not totally sure if that's what I want to do, but wanted to share because I'm considering it.

Whether I do or don't, you should enroll now if you need freelance training beyond what I've shared for free on this forum. It is highly unlikely I'll ever sell $10 courses again if I stop.

November will see big discounts on Udemy. My promos will start around Black Friday, but Udemy has promos going on now. So if you need freelance training, get it while you can when you use any of the links in the posts above.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
I just want to drop in to give credit where credit is due. I have four of Lex's courses (have my eyes on three more). His courses, if put into action, quickly pay for themselves, or at least that's what happened in my case. The first few jobs after acting on his ideas paid me enough to buy all of his courses.

Honestly, I was afraid to purchase just in case it was the same info as his free content, but I can confidently say that although he gives out loads of value for free, there are many more gems to be found in his courses.

As a Psych major, I can attest to the fact that his methods are based on solid principles, and though I could come up with my own, it's clear that he's refined his methods over the years using his freelance experience...so I prefer the shortcut for now.

If you're on the fence, start with a course that will help you overcome the current problem you're facing.

One piece of advice: Take notes and translate those notes into actionable processes so that you can learn quickly. Remember, good ideas are only as good as the execution.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I just want to drop in to give credit where credit is due. I have four of Lex's courses (have my eyes on three more). His courses, if put into action, quickly pay for themselves, or at least that's what happened in my case. The first few jobs after acting on his ideas paid me enough to buy all of his courses.

Honestly, I was afraid to purchase just in case it was the same info as his free content, but I can confidently say that although he gives out loads of value for free, there are many more gems to be found in his courses.

As a Psych major, I can attest to the fact that his methods are based on solid principles, and though I could come up with my own, it's clear that he's refined his methods over the years using his freelance experience...so I prefer the shortcut for now.

If you're on the fence, start with a course that will help you overcome the current problem you're facing.

One piece of advice: Take notes and translate those notes into actionable processes so that you can learn quickly. Remember, good ideas are only as good as the execution.

Thanks for the kind words @ProcessPro! Glad you got your money's worth! You nailed it with your piece of advice too. A lot of people miss that part.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!
If you want to make money freelancing, take advantage of Black Friday and start right now! Use the links below to get Udemy's current best price (which I believe is $9.99 right now)!

(best for those who want to get into freelancing)
- Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your Freedom Now!
- Freelance Copywriting: Write Dirty. Go Big. Start Now!
- Freelance Article Writing: Write Your Way to Pay Today!
- Freelance Mindset: Become an Unstoppable Freelance Force!
- Difficult Clients: What to Do When Freelance Clients Go Bad!

UPWORK FOCUSED COURSES
(best for those who want to make money on Upwork)
- Advanced Upwork Proposals: Tips to 10x Client Responses Fast!
- Advanced Upwork Interviews: A Simple Way to Earn High Pay!
- Advanced Upwork Profiles: Craft a Magnetic Profile Today!
- Beyond Upwork: How to Find Freelance Clients Outside of Upwork!

(best for those looking for advanced marketing insights)
- Enneagram: A Simple Introduction to the Nine Types!
- Enneagram Type 1: A Critical Look Inside the Reformer's Mind!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!
If you want to make money freelancing, take advantage of Black Friday and start right now! Use the links below to get Udemy's current best price (which I believe is $9.99 right now)!

(best for those who want to get into freelancing)
- Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your Freedom Now!
- Freelance Copywriting: Write Dirty. Go Big. Start Now!
- Freelance Article Writing: Write Your Way to Pay Today!
- Freelance Mindset: Become an Unstoppable Freelance Force!
- Difficult Clients: What to Do When Freelance Clients Go Bad!

UPWORK FOCUSED COURSES
(best for those who want to make money on Upwork)
- Advanced Upwork Proposals: Tips to 10x Client Responses Fast!
- Advanced Upwork Interviews: A Simple Way to Earn High Pay!
- Advanced Upwork Profiles: Craft a Magnetic Profile Today!
- Beyond Upwork: How to Find Freelance Clients Outside of Upwork!

(best for those looking for advanced marketing insights)
- Enneagram: A Simple Introduction to the Nine Types!
- Enneagram Type 1: A Critical Look Inside the Reformer's Mind!

Thanks for the note!
Just looked at a few of them, and surprised to find some material bullet-points that you haven't discussed in detail on the Forum!:)

And the Friday prices are insanely low

Will be grabbing a few courses, and shoring more gaps in my Upwork dealings, mainly for dealing with tough clients.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Little bump to tell you @Lex DeVille that my girlfriend just started one of your Udemy courses because I saw this ad earlier today :)

She's already freelancing and doing ad copy for an agency (contract), so when I saw your courses I couldn't not tell her !

She seems to like it a lot.

I'll get her feedback once I get back home !

Smivs

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Nov 2, 2019
Looks like a great collection of courses to get started :)

I'm interested in learning the ins and outs so I can potentially get work and then hire somebody (or a small team) to fulfill the work.

~Smivs

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.