The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

Sampath

Be the Change that you want to see in this world
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 30, 2018
Canberra, Australia
I am new to copy. Finished the first few lessons in this thread. Wrote out my best full page sales copy. Feedback welcome.

Need A Mentor To Help You Reach The Next Level?

Tired of banging your head against the wall and not making any real progress?

Or maybe you don’t even know where to start?

You hear it from entrepreneurs over and over again, “Get yourself a mentor!”

And you think, “sure, if only I could find one!”​

That is where the Money Mastermind’s Group comes in.

The Money Mastermind’s group is a community of entrepreneurs taking their game to the next level.

The online community is a tight group of business owners and investors who are taking action to achieve their dreams.

Learn how they escaped the rat race and are now living their lives full of freedom and purpose and how you can too!

What Money Mastermind’s Membership Offers:

· One on one business mentoring

· Mindset training and techniques

· Business, investment, and side hustle ideas

· Copywriting, marketing, and sales classes

· Friendship and support

Here’s What Current Members Are Saying:

{INSERT TESTIMONIALS}

Imagine what you’ll gain from a community like this? Take charge of your life right now. Not tomorrow, not next week, not next year. Start today.

But hurry, we are only opening 10 spots

and then they

are lost

forever.

The Money Mastermind’s Group offers two subscription options:

$21.99/month

Or

$199.99/year

That’s less than your monthly cable bill!

Start your 7 day FREE trial by clicking HERE

If the group is not right for you, cancel anytime no questions asked!​
Hey There
A slight clarification; There is always confusion about Mentor and a Coach, it is thought to be interchangeable but they are not. I would recommend for you to reconsider the wording.
Have a look at this:
What's the Difference Between a Coach and a Mentor?
Hope it helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sampath

Be the Change that you want to see in this world
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 30, 2018
Canberra, Australia
Hey There
A slight clarification; There is always confusion about Mentor and a Coach, it is thought to be interchangeable but they are not. I would recommend for you to reconsider the wording.
Have a look at this:
Hope it helps.
Hey There
Have a look at this:
Hope it helps.
I am new to copy. Finished the first few lessons in this thread. Wrote out my best full page sales copy. Feedback welcome.

Need A Mentor To Help You Reach The Next Level?

Tired of banging your head against the wall and not making any real progress?

Or maybe you don’t even know where to start?

You hear it from entrepreneurs over and over again, “Get yourself a mentor!”

And you think, “sure, if only I could find one!”​

That is where the Money Mastermind’s Group comes in.

The Money Mastermind’s group is a community of entrepreneurs taking their game to the next level.

The online community is a tight group of business owners and investors who are taking action to achieve their dreams.

Learn how they escaped the rat race and are now living their lives full of freedom and purpose and how you can too!

What Money Mastermind’s Membership Offers:

· One on one business mentoring

· Mindset training and techniques

· Business, investment, and side hustle ideas

· Copywriting, marketing, and sales classes

· Friendship and support

Here’s What Current Members Are Saying:

{INSERT TESTIMONIALS}

Imagine what you’ll gain from a community like this? Take charge of your life right now. Not tomorrow, not next week, not next year. Start today.

But hurry, we are only opening 10 spots

and then they

are lost

forever.

The Money Mastermind’s Group offers two subscription options:

$21.99/month

Or

$199.99/year

That’s less than your monthly cable bill!

Start your 7 day FREE trial by clicking HERE

If the group is not right for you, cancel anytime no questions asked!​
Hi There
Also, I am sure you may have your USP;
1) why should I as a customer reach out to you for Mentoring as against anybody else in the Market? If you are able to answer that question somewhere in the copy
2) Instead of testimonials, how about getting a video testimonial and/or a your customer case study in Customer's voice highlighting
a) what was your client's problems?
b) what did you do during mentoring period?
c) what was the outcome because of your mentoring?
These may boost the power of the copy. Hope it helps.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Sampath,

Thanks for the feedback. I will consider it all and use it on my improvements.

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
First of all, great post Lex.

I made a small summary + some extra comments what I thought are important. Please feel free to add up what you want.

Questions: I suppose most of you guys are living on American soil.
Is it possible for us "foreigners" to get hired, how do I find customers when cold calling is not an option, is my laptop and English skills really enough to start, how is the mentality of Americans doing business with someone overseas who is still in a process of learning English, are they comfortable, any suggestions on improving myself ?

Any experiences/thoughts from foreigners or professional would be gratefully appreciated.

Sincerely struggling with this question and I am a little bit scared because there is absolutely no work in my native language for copywriters,web developers or .... anything else.

Thank you guys.

Attachments

• Copywriting - 15 days challenge - Lex Deville .docx
    171.4 KB · Views: 4

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Guys,

I have two questions.
1. I am noticing the use of bolding in some of the copy you guys are writing. Is this typical in writing copy? And what is it use (emphasis?)

2. I was thinking about getting the balls to reach out and offer my copy services. However, I don't feel confident in being good, yet. Have any of you done a job and a person disliked it? What did you do then? Offer to revise it or just give a refund?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Guys,

I have two questions.
1. I am noticing the use of bolding in some of the copy you guys are writing. Is this typical in writing copy? And what is it use (emphasis?)

2. I was thinking about getting the balls to reach out and offer my copy services. However, I don't feel confident in being good, yet. Have any of you done a job and a person disliked it? What did you do then? Offer to revise it or just give a refund?

Hey NewManRising,

Bold is used in copy to emphasize a point or make something stand out (basically the same as its traditional purpose). There's a lot of bold in my writing in this thread because I wrote it several years ago when I was finding my personal style. I don't use it as much now because when you write engaging copy people read your words. Too much bold can overwhelm readers and get on their nerves.

I've done plenty of jobs people didn't like. Most often it happens because the client's expectations are different from my own. If they expect a natural voice and you give them direct response style, they won't be very happy. The easiest way to avoid that problem is to discuss the copy before you get started. Talk in chat or via email or a phone call. Then send a client questionnaire and ask any questions you need clarification on to help you write for them.

In the past I gave refunds when a client didn't like my work. Today I give revision rounds. The thing about copywriting is, conversion copy isn't written for clients. It's crafted for their customers. I do my best to write copy that fits client expectations AND converts, and if I deliver a draft and the client doesn't like it, then they can have a couple of revision rounds and I'll make adjustments. But they're still going to pay because I did the work.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
What are all the popular copywriting styles? Should a person learn them all? So far, I have been only writing sales copy, in a direct response style.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
What are all the popular copywriting styles? Should a person learn them all? So far, I have been only writing sales copy, in a direct response style.

There are three main types of copy clients ask for. One is direct response, two is technical, and three is brand copywriting. I think it's helpful to know a little about each one, because clients usually don't know what they need. It's often up to you to figure it out.

Direct Response
This one is straightforward, easy to read, targets problems and offers a solution. It's direct, fast, and designed to get people to take action. This is most often considered "marketing" copy. Sales pages, landing pages, sales emails etc.

Technical
This isn't designed specifically for a response. It's more informative. For instance, writing an instruction manual for a fan on Amazon or writing an operations manual for a tractor. Grant writing also falls into this category.

Brand Copy
This is designed to create the emotions and feelings of a business. It may or may not apply direct response techniques. What's more important is that a consistent tone of voice is used across every customer interaction. Brands take time to form in the mind. This style tends to apply more storytelling than the others as well.

Personally, I don't do any technical copywriting. It's freaking boring. BUT...because it's boring clients are usually happy to pay higher prices.

You don't need to master every type of copy to make money. Getting good at one style is enough. But it's worth it to know a little bit about each type.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
So, Lex aka pseudoscience Upwork guy!

Will this work in 2019?

Or

Is it still saturated?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
So, Lex aka pseudoscience Upwork guy!

Will this work in 2019?

Or

Is it still saturated?

lol!

Nope. Sorry. It only works for me. Still trying to figure out why.

Pretty sure the secret is my dashing good looks.

;)

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Here is a tool I found to write headlines. It also has tabs for tweets and emails. It counts the number of characters you use and the guide at top tells you whether you fall into the ideal, ok, or bad range. There are already pre-filled headlines that are shaded. All you have to do is write your headlines over them.

25 Headlines

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Just finished Day 12 challenge. Here is what I got. Feedback welcomed.

5 headlines that target pain and pleasure:

1. How To Get Rock Hard Abs In 3 Weeks

2. Make An Extra $1000 A Month From Home

3. Take Your Family On Vacation On A Low Budget

4. 5 Secrets To Growing Bigger Buds On Your Cannabis Plants

5. Master The Art Of Seduction: Get The Woman Of Your Dreams!

1. Avoid These Financial Mistakes In Your 20s

2. Follow These Simple Tips To Avoid Getting Sued

3. 5 Effective Tips To Save Your Marriage

4. How To Stop Getting Rejected By Women
5. How Important Is Your Family's Security?

Short story that targets pain and pleasure:

“These days I enjoy the freedom of not having to answer to a boss. I am in the best shape of my life and I have the woman of my dreams. But it wasn’t always this way…

About 5 years ago, I was at a low paying job, broke, and all alone. My life consisted of waking up early, going to a job I hated, and then spending the evening eating to escape. And women? They wouldn’t even look at me. I knew that my life was on a crash course with misery and I needed to switch direction. I made a decision that I would do whatever it took to change my life.

I learned life was nothing more than a game. And in order to create wealth, health, and happiness, I had to learn this game well.

Do you think those that are successful are this way by accident? No! They learned the models and formulas to create these realities. They had a vision.

Success does not happen by accident. And if you don’t know where you’re going, any road will get you there…

Over the course of two years, I studied the choices and habits of the most successful people. I worked my a$$ off to make my dreams a reality. And in the end, it was worth it because I was able to control my own destiny.”

Micahbiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 12, 2018
Arizona
You can fear what might happen and make $0...OR...you can get started and make as much money as you can while you can and do you best not to violate the terms of service Upwork cares about (for instance, mentioning PayPal in a chat conversation).

You can worry about what might happen with clients if you get started...OR...you can get started and deal with problems only if they arise. Set your availability to 30+ hours and if you can't work with a client, just let them know.

Usernames can be anything you want. Clients don't see your username. They see your real name, and your real name is required to get paid. You can hide your last name and only show your first name and last initial if you want though.

Video or phone calls are fine. Pitching price in a chat message is how you get low rates and bad clients. Most clients are happy to talk on the phone, audio chat, or video chat.

Hey Lex, I'm interested in getting started copywriting but I don't really have much experience at all, I have a couple books on it and one course. I'm worried that if I just make an upwork account I have no portfolio or ''killer skillz'' yet so I A.) won't get clients or B.) I will get clients but I'll suck at first, get bad reviews and maybe kicked off upwork. I've been putting off taking action and instead have just studied. Should I just suck it up and get started or practice for a couple months then make an upwork account?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey Lex, I'm interested in getting started copywriting but I don't really have much experience at all, I have a couple books on it and one course. I'm worried that if I just make an upwork account I have no portfolio or ''killer skillz'' yet so I A.) won't get clients or B.) I will get clients but I'll suck at first, get bad reviews and maybe kicked off upwork. I've been putting off taking action and instead have just studied. Should I just suck it up and get started or practice for a couple months then make an upwork account?

hmm...I think you know the answer if you're honest with yourself. What happens if you practice for a couple months, get on Upwork, and still don't get clients? Or you get clients and find out you still suck? Then you've wasted more months than you would have in the first place.

Getting clients on Upwork has nothing to do with your skill level. It has everything to do with your ability to read their job post, figure out what they need help with, and what they want from a freelancer, and then explain how you are that thing in your response.

The key to getting good reviews is open communication with clients. If you pick up gigs that are looking for an expert when that's not you, of course you'll get poor feedback. But that assumes you'd get hired in the first place, and people looking for pros usually don't hire amateurs because they can tell the difference.

If you apply to gigs that are looking for newbies, and you let them know your skill level up front, then why would they leave bad feedback at the end? You don't win Upwork by being the best [insert whatever skill]. You win by learning to manage client expectations and growing through battled-tested, real-world experience over theory.

Micahbiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 12, 2018
Arizona
hmm...I think you know the answer if you're honest with yourself. What happens if you practice for a couple months, get on Upwork, and still don't get clients? Or you get clients and find out you still suck? Then you've wasted more months than you would have in the first place.

Getting clients on Upwork has nothing to do with your skill level. It has everything to do with your ability to read their job post, figure out what they need help with, and what they want from a freelancer, and then explain how you are that thing in your response.

The key to getting good reviews is open communication with clients. If you pick up gigs that are looking for an expert when that's not you, of course you'll get poor feedback. But that assumes you'd get hired in the first place, and people looking for pros usually don't hire amateurs because they can tell the difference.

If you apply to gigs that are looking for newbies, and you let them know your skill level up front, then why would they leave bad feedback at the end? You don't win Upwork by being the best [insert whatever skill]. You win by learning to manage client expectations and growing through battled-tested, real-world experience over theory.

You are totally right, thank you.

Varun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 9, 2018

Lex, do you have any advice for someone just starting out with content marketing? I've already started writing posts, but I want to improve. The issue is that without feedback, it is slightly more difficult.

For example... I want to make sure my writing is extremely targeted and focused. Right now it is about 80% content and 20% fluff. But getting feedback like this without traffic is tough.

Anything I can do apart from your exercises in this thread and reading cashvertising?

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Lex, do you have any advice for someone just starting out with content marketing? I've already started writing posts, but I want to improve. The issue is that without feedback, it is slightly more difficult.

For example... I want to make sure my writing is extremely targeted and focused. Right now it is about 80% content and 20% fluff. But getting feedback like this without traffic is tough.

Anything I can do apart from your exercises in this thread and reading cashvertising?

The best way to improve with content is direct market feedback. So I'd start by getting that content in front of people. And that would probably start with the following questions:

- Where is my target audience at online? Where do they hang out?
- What blogs or other content producers do they already follow?
- How else can I write for that audience?

You can write your own blogs and take them to reddit, or Facebook or wherever your target audience hangs out. Engage the community a bit. Then share your article at some point and note what they say in response. This feedback usually gives huge insight about what they want less of and more of from your writing.

If you know what blogs they follow, you should follow those blogs too. Read articles that target a similar audience as you. Pay attention to articles that have a lot of views and comments. Those articles engaged the audience. Pay attention to the structure of the article. How was it set up? What topics did it cover? What made it controversial or conversation worthy?

Finally, you could head over to the freelance platforms like Upwork and see if anyone is already producing content for your niche. Apply to those gigs and learn from someone else's process. If the client has been doing it a while they'll know what their market wants and they'll explain it to you so you can deliver it for them. Then you can write it and let them publish it. This way you'll get feedback and get paid at the same time.

As far as general writing improvement goes, I really like the book The Cheater's Guide to Erotic Romance. It's designed for romance writers, but covers a lot of material that's relevant to all writers. For instance, the order of operations for getting a spoonful of soup from the bowl to your mouth in a logical order that doesn't confuse the reader.

Hopefully this answers your question, but if not, let me know and I'll go a little deeper into it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The best way to improve with content is direct market feedback. So I'd start by getting that content in front of people.
This is what I’ve found personally. If you forget about “content marketing” and just “help people” then everything seems to fall into place.

Dianne Cohen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 7, 2018
Day 2 | Technique Lesson 1
Make Them STOP!

View attachment 9416

Stop signs share an important message worth exploring. When we see a stop sign, we know what to do. We stop. But why? What specifically makes us stop?

Forget the fact that we've been trained for more than a century to stop at red, octagon-shaped signs. Instead, let's consider the deeper message. Let's think about what the word S.T.O.P. actually does.

The word STOP triggers something in our mind. That something is fear. On a deeper level, it's our survival instinct. STOP taps into our desire to live. If we blow through a STOP sign then we're at much greater risk of death by car accident, and that's something we want to avoid.

STOP also triggers very powerful emotions. When we see a stop sign, we instantly process the following:

If I don't stop it could get my whole family killed.

If I don't stop I could be responsible for the death of someone else.

If I don't stop I could wreck my car, and lose (insert any number of things here).

Now let's look at how this message applies to copywriting, and how we can use it. STOP is a short, 4 letter Headline in all CAPITAL LETTERS, almost always printed in bold. It taps into our basic desire to live, and the emotions surrounding the negative impact of our actions if we ignore it, and it almost always gets our attention.

STOP signs exist for 1 reason - to make us STOP!
When we stop we can think. When we think we can observe. When we observe, we take in more info that helps us decide if it's safe to proceed, and this is exactly what your headline must accomplish!

The first goal of your headline is to make them STOP!

If a prospect doesn't stop, they won't think, and they won't proceed through your text. That means they won't buy anything either. So the first technique of copy that sells is a headline that makes them STOP!

How do I make them stop?

This is where desire & emotion come into play. Now, some books will tell you that you have to tap into desire, and others say you only need emotion. Both can work alone, but they work way better together.

But before they can work at all, you have to tap into the right desire & emotion.
To do that you MUST change your perspective. You have to think in terms of them, not you. By shifting your perspective you can ask questions that gain clarity about what your prospects really want, instead of assuming you know what they want.

Let's look at how two popular books accomplish this.

"The Automatic Millionaire" & "The Millionaire Fastlane "

Two very different books that are both top-sellers. One sells the idea of saving coffee change, while the other sells the idea of starting a business. So, why don't either of these books mention anything about saving money, or starting businesses in their headline?

Because the reader doesn't desire those things, and doesn't connect emotionally either!

Instead they had to get inside their reader's mind and ask the right questions.

Who am I? (Target Market)
Young, 18 to 30 year olds, primarily male.

What do I want? (Desire)
Fast money, fast cars, to not have to work for money or riches. Freedom from jobs.

Why do I want it? (Emotion)
Money, & super cars will make me powerful & seductive.

What if TMF used this headline instead:

Get Rich by Starting a Business and Failing a Lot.

Would you have stopped? Would you have opened the book? Would you have read the first line? Would you have still dedicated your entire life to making this sh*t work no matter what? Would you even be here right now?!

Probably not, because the headline doesn't speak to you personally. It doesn't tap into your desires or emotions. It doesn't give you a reason to care.

A lot of psychology goes into your headline, but you don't have to spend 10 years learning about it to be effective. All you have to do is ask questions from the prospect's perspective and figure out what they really want. Then find a way to write it in your headline.

Now that you know that your headline's ultimate goal is to make them STOP by tapping into desire & emotion, let's check out some ways you can enhance your headlines.

1. If it's 3 words or less, use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
----- "INSTANT CASH LOANS"

2. If it's more than 3 words, Only Capitalize the First Letter of Each Word, Following Basic Grammar Rules.
----- "Big Johnson's Beer & Liquor if We Don't Have It, We'll Get It!"

3. If you can tap into desire / emotion & be creative, then your headline will have more power.
----- "Unleashing the SUPER Ideavirus - Ideas that Spread, Win"

4. Length is based on the headline's goal. If you need it processed fast, then use less words.
----- "How to Win Friends & Influence People"

5. Get rid of extra words. Every word must have a purpose.
----- "Here's How You Can Switch Gears, Downshift, & Drive Into the Millionaire Fastlane .
vs. "The Millionaire Fastlane " - Way less words. Way more impact.

6. If you can add subtle influence to your headline, such as a CTA, you'll add power.
----- "NOW! Get a FREE Animal Tail Butt Plug with Every Vibrating Prostate Massager!"

^
(Now, that's a deal you can't pass up!)

You don't have to be a copywriter to get good at writing headlines. All you need is practice. Take your time, and give every product, website, or cover letter serious thought. It may take you 2 hours to come up with something, but when you get it right it works pretty much every time.

Remember, Your #1 Goal is to MAKE THEM STOP!

Day 2 Challenge

1. Help someone. Do it without asking for anything in return. Just like yesterday.

2. Come up with 5 to 10 products / services / or something else you want to sell. Give serious consideration to the questions above. Figure out the customer's deepest desire. Figure out the emotions they want to experience. Then write 5 to 10 headlines utilizing what you've learned, that MAKE THEM STOP!

If you're feeling brave you can post your headlines in this thread for others to critique. But no pressure.

:jimlad:

Now that you know the first & most
important element of all copy
you can move on to Day
3 -
Influence Lesson
Here are a couple that I came up with. Love to here what you all think.

Still Renting? That Sucks!

Why are You Still Renting?

STILL RENTING? WHY?

STOP RENTING!

DEAD END LEADS!

Want Good Quality Leads?

Just Want Your Child Happy Again?

Got Rid of 50 Years of Anxiety in a Month…

After 50 Years, No More Anxiety.

ANXIETIES MAGIC CURE!

Double Your Business in an Hour a Week!

Too Much to Do? Get Releif!

Got to Get Out of Your Business?

Your Business is Killing You?

The Ugly Secrets of Being in Business.

Is My Child Safe at School?

What’s Going on in That DayCare?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Still Renting? That Sucks!

Why are You Still Renting?

STILL RENTING? WHY?

STOP RENTING!

The best of these is the first one. Since you put it first, I'll wager you thought the same. None of the others really hit the mark. They're too weak. The first one targets the renter and their pain. It hints that you have a solution to a problem they haven't figured out how to solve.

DEAD END LEADS!

Want Good Quality Leads?
Neither of these really do it for me. The first one isn't clear about who you're targeting or what the problem you solve is. The second one is too bland. Reads like a template landing page with stock copy.

Just Want Your Child Happy Again?

This one is good. Speaks to your target market. Targets a specific, painful problem.

Got Rid of 50 Years of Anxiety in a Month…

After 50 Years, No More Anxiety.

ANXIETIES MAGIC CURE!
The first one is the best here. I might extend it with "How I Got Rid of 50 Years of Anxiety in a Month"

The second one is okay, but falls a little flat for me. The third one seems incomplete and incorrectly spelled.

Double Your Business in an Hour a Week!

Too Much to Do? Get Releif!

Got to Get Out of Your Business?

Your Business is Killing You?

The Ugly Secrets of Being in Business.
The first one is the best. Targets business owners who need more customers.

Second one has incorrect spelling and feels like a mix between a productivity problem and a stomach ache.

"Relief" isn't the proper word here. You would need to replace it with something more fitting such as, "Help" or "Assistance." Even then the headline comes up short because there's no suggestions of what that "relief" is or how it is easy enough for a busy person use.

I'd reword the third one so it's more impactful. "4 Steps to Eject from Your Business without Catastrophic Loss"

The 4th one is too weak. It doesn't hint at any solution. Just feels like a question.

The 5th one is close to being good. Needs a little more specificity in the targeting. "The Ugly Secrets of The Tuna Industry," or "Ugly Secrets of the Restaurant Business"

Is My Child Safe at School?

What’s Going on in That DayCare?

These are both good article headlines. They feel like headlines I'd read on the evening news.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Hi Lex,

I am working on my Upwork profile and I wanted to know if you could include an example of a "picture" sample for us. I watched your Upwork/Odesk profile video in your Raw Reviews thread and was curious what this looks like. Do you literally taking a photo from, say, your cellphone? Or a screenshot on your PC?

Varun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 9, 2018
This is what I’ve found personally. If you forget about “content marketing” and just “help people” then everything seems to fall into place.
Yeah, I recently read the Chasing a cat vs Attracting a cat thread as well.

The thing is, I was asking how to be very specific for this very reason. I don't want fluff at all. Seems part of that is figuring out EXACTLY what the people need.

Edit: Just reading the 'help people' post in your signature. Excellent tips there..!

Last edited:

Varun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 9, 2018
The best way to improve with content is direct market feedback. So I'd start by getting that content in front of people. And that would probably start with the following questions:

- Where is my target audience at online? Where do they hang out?
- What blogs or other content producers do they already follow?
- How else can I write for that audience?

You can write your own blogs and take them to reddit, or Facebook or wherever your target audience hangs out. Engage the community a bit. Then share your article at some point and note what they say in response. This feedback usually gives huge insight about what they want less of and more of from your writing.

If you know what blogs they follow, you should follow those blogs too. Read articles that target a similar audience as you. Pay attention to articles that have a lot of views and comments. Those articles engaged the audience. Pay attention to the structure of the article. How was it set up? What topics did it cover? What made it controversial or conversation worthy?

Finally, you could head over to the freelance platforms like Upwork and see if anyone is already producing content for your niche. Apply to those gigs and learn from someone else's process. If the client has been doing it a while they'll know what their market wants and they'll explain it to you so you can deliver it for them. Then you can write it and let them publish it. This way you'll get feedback and get paid at the same time.

As far as general writing improvement goes, I really like the book The Cheater's Guide to Erotic Romance. It's designed for romance writers, but covers a lot of material that's relevant to all writers. For instance, the order of operations for getting a spoonful of soup from the bowl to your mouth in a logical order that doesn't confuse the reader.

Hopefully this answers your question, but if not, let me know and I'll go a little deeper into it.

Thank you for the detailed help Lex. I've started answering questions on Quora, going to write something on Medium too in a while. Once I've got a few answers in, I'll start sharing my site there.

Also going to go to other content based affiliates and see what they're doing. I went to reddit, but my niche is in the fitness industry, and the subreddits have very well defined rules against that. But this information has been very helpful.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yeah, I recently read the Chasing a cat vs Attracting a cat thread as well.

The thing is, I was asking how to be very specific for this very reason. I don't want fluff at all. Seems part of that is figuring out EXACTLY what the people need.

Edit: Just reading the 'help people' post in your signature. Excellent tips there..!
Maybe listen to the 300 surveys call in my signature.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Hey Lex (or anyone else is free to answer),

I started on Upwork and already did a few jobs. But, now I am getting a little annoyed with a guy on there. He contracted me to write two (2) 500 word blog articles. He gave me the topics. And he wanted it in less than 24 hours. I got it done but the second article was a little rushed. The thing is, the guy gives no guidance at all. I even asked numerous questions.

He doesn't tell you what kind of tone or style he wants, doesn't explain anything about citing any sources, etc. And the topics require a bunch of research. Anyway, the first milestone he set was for $5 for the 2 articles. Since I am new I didn't care about the price. Yesterday he wanted two (2) more articles but this time 700 words. Again, he gives the topic but no direction.

The thing is, I know what he is doing. He is basically a middle man that is making money off sites selling them blog posts and paying writers to do it for him for really cheap. I don't really care at this time because I want the experience and feedback. However, I don't want to be locked into this gig for weeks or months. Writing these articles, that require a bunch of research, takes up almost my whole day. And I can't get anything else done. He wasn't even closed the first contract yet that pays me the $5. He also gave no feedback on the articles so I don't even know if he likes it or wants it changed. But the thing is, I think he wants me to pump out 2 articles a day for him for weeks or months. I want to tell him that after these 2 articles I write I am going to move on. But what I don't know is how this will affect my feedback.

1. If you cancel a contract can they leave feedback (curious because they might leave negative feedback).
2. Have any of you been in a similar situation and wanted out? How did you go about ending it?

I am just trying to end it but without any negative feedback. Since he hasn't closed/confirmed the first milestone of 2 articles for $5, would canceling the contract cause me to lose this money and a feedback?

My ideal solution would be to tell him I want to move on and get paid for what I have done and get a feedback out of it.

Fenom21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
May 10, 2015
Day 2 Challenge - STOP Headlines

Here goes...

1 - FOOTFALL INTO SALES
2 - Slash Your Post Workout Recovery With These 6 Surprising Steps
3 - Millions Are Making Money Online - Read This
4 - Bitcoin Blood Bath? What The Bears Aren't Telling You...
5 - 3 DAYS! Unreal Cognitive Skills

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Finished day 13. I've attached my TV commercial script. Feedback welcome.

Attachments

• TV commercial script.docx
    21.8 KB · Views: 5

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Here is my day 14 exercise piece. I decided to write a direct response copy and just tried to let it flow without judging it too hard. I tried to have fun with it and not worry about the rules or techniques so much.

Grow MONSTER BUDS On Your Cannabis Plants THIS HARVEST

For the first time ever, I am revealing my secret to growing MONSTER BUDS

I have developed and optimized a technique that has made cannabis farming a lot more fun and profitable.

I recently shared this technique with a few master growers and they are stoked at the results they are seeing already mid-season!

And the best part is….

It doesn’t cost you any extra money nor is any extra work required!

So, what exactly is this secret?

It is a blueprint from seed to harvest that details optimum growing conditions to getting the most out of your strain’s genetic potential.

When I compared cannabis strains grown with this method and those without, the results were jaw-dropping.

I have tested this method on dozens of strains and have consistently gotten the same results.

You'll learn how to...

· Pick the best seeds or clones for growing MONSTER plants

· Use the best growing conditions at each growing stage

· Use My secret tip for doubling the size of your buds

· Know when it’s the best time to harvest

· Use the best drying and storing methods

· Save money and optimize your system

And the best part is…

I am giving this info away for FREE.

I am only giving away 100 of these as I don’t want this secret to get out to too many people.

Think about what this could do for your business…

· Increase profits

· Save time and money

· Impress your friends

· Expand your business

· Dominate the market

If this sounds like the kind of

future you want for

your business...

Click HERE for MONSTER BUDS

Last edited:

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
C'mon... none of you can be making money doing this?
I've made a little. But I am backing off a little to think more about my strategy. I want to think about what it is I enjoy writing and for what niche.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.