The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let's Chat Sales

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Awesome work man, will listen to it, I`ve been listening to every Episode so far, just been a fly on the wall.
Until recently (last 2 months) I didnt have to look into sales, but now I do, so I`ve been down the path "Sales for techies" eversince.

One problem with helping that I`ve identified is the unwiligness of some people to have their problem solved for free.
Recent examples:
- A forum member (Bulgarian forum) has trouble getting his site up because a developer either doesnt know how, doesnt want to do it or is just busy with other stuff, long story. I offered to do it for free, since its no real trouble.
He said, oh yea sounds good, just lets wait for the developer to try a few more times, then you can have a crack at it. That was 3 weeks ago, the site is still down.
- A potential client (who I couldnt sell my service to) is a producer of ceramic stuff, cups, t-shirts, tents and some other things, lets call him P. After he declined I got to talking with a few other people who were interested in selling such things so I thought, why not connect them.
After all P had initially contacted me for setting up a E-commerce store and was interested in selling more of his products.
I contacted P. and explained that there are people interested in buying from him and selling in their already running shops, and he just said: "No thanks".
What gives? He still has no shop, he is a producer, its not like he has a limit on production.
Thanks for listening Alex, and your feedback.

“Sales is a screening process.” (Blaise Brosnan)

“Find out as soon as possible if the person in front of you sees the value in what you do, or just the cost.”
(Blaise Brosnan again)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Episode 11 - Personal branding

Today, we're chatting about personal branding.

In particular:
  • Why we shouldn't overlook our personal brand.
  • Why we still want to build non personal brands.
  • And a way to use a personal branded domain.
Hope it helps!

Would love to know your takeaways as always.

@Kak gets an honourable mention.

I've edited this down to just under 12 mins. We're going for really short episodes.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Episode 12 - Writing a book

Today we’re chatting about writing a book.

In particular:
  • How it's great for your personal brand.
  • How it can bring you clarity.
  • And how business owners and founders shouldn't be intimidated about getting a book written - even if they don't have a degree in English literature.
Curious what your takeaways are.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Episode 6: A chat about sales chats

We’re trying speak so we need less editing, and edit less.

Would love to know your takeaways if you listen.

"Is this the person you'd like to have coffee with?"
I loved this bit, because it shows we don't have to be pushy while selling something. People don't want to be sold, they'd rather buy something. It's hard to explain but it's clear when you listen to this conversation.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Episode 13 - Content marketing (kinda)

Today we’re chatting about "content marketing".

In particular:
  • How to create battle-tested content you know helps people at scale.
  • The power of building a network of weak connections.
  • And signs you're getting positioned as the XYZ guy or gal in people's minds.
Here's the John Critchlow article mentioned in the podcast:

Curious what your takeaways are:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
We've another edited episode in the can to be published at the end of the week and then we'll change tack a bit.

Rather than spend so much time editing these recordings down, we'll try to publish the chats more raw.

We both want to focus on video (for YouTube and for our own courses) for the next few months. We'll continue to chat every week as we have done for months, and we'll record and publish those chats. This is more in line with what Brendan originally envisioned, whereas I really want to boil things down to their essence. I'll satisfy that urge with video instead.

They may end up more of a journal and update on us growing our businesses.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I started a podcast with Brendan McAdams who has years of experience as a sales pro.

Join us in our first episode to learn how we:
  • Figure it out as we go along.
  • Find Product-Market-Fit, one customer at a time.
  • Allow niches to reveal themselves as we engage the market.

We also discuss, among other things:
  • The thought process behind creating the podcast.
  • The tools we'll use.
  • What we'd like to discuss going forward.

Would love your feedback and takeaways!

Episode 1 - We're starting!

LetsChatSales.com/1

EDIT: Linked to the episode page on the website.
Enjoyed your chat. Thx!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Enjoyed your chat. Thx!
Oh cool! Thanks for listening @WJK! That first one was fun. We think we're losing some of the "chat" nature of the podcasts in later episodes. We're going to try editing them less.

I'm curious if you had any takeaways from that first episode that you'd apply to your own business.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Oh cool! Thanks for listening @WJK! That first one was fun. We think we're losing some of the "chat" nature of the podcasts in later episodes. We're going to try editing them less.

I'm curious if you had any takeaways from that first episode that you'd apply to your own business.
You were talking about going on forums to help people. That's exactly what I'm doing here. I started a blog a few years ago, and it became just another job. It was fun at first because I did my own art. But working it into my schedule became a huge burden. I closed the blog and looked for other ways to write down my ideas. So I post here on this forum where I can help real people with their problems. I want to share and pass on my knowledge and experience. I also have a file where I copy my posts, so I do have a record. Sometimes I forget how much I know about all these different subjects. Most days I make decisions and fix problems intuitively. I don't have to think hard about stuff these days. The answers are just there.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You were talking about going on forums to help people. That's exactly what I'm doing here. I started a blog a few years ago, and it became just another job. It was fun at first because I did my own art. But working it into my schedule became a huge burden. I closed the blog and looked for other ways to write down my ideas. So I post here on this forum where I can help real people with their problems. I want to share and pass on my knowledge and experience. I also have a file where I copy my posts, so I do have a record. Sometimes I forget how much I know about all these different subjects. Most days I make decisions and fix problems intuitively. I don't have to think hard about stuff these days. The answers are just there.
Ah yes, we went into more detail on that in Episode 13 which I just finished editing and published last night! I think it’s one or two posts above this one.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Really enjoyed #13 where I started and will be ingesting this whole series from the start, backwards or jumbled. The weak ties point is a nice reminder of the power of tentacles.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Ah yes, we went into more detail on that in Episode 13 which I just finished editing a d published last night! I think it’s one or two posts above this one.
I think it was #13 that I watched. Not sure. Someday, when I visit Ireland, we'll have to have tea.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think it was #13 that I watched. Not sure. Someday, when I visit Ireland, we'll have to have tea.
Ooo. Someone said tea instead of coffee! You're already great in my book. :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Really enjoyed #13 where I started and will be ingesting this whole series from the start, backwards or jumbled. The weak ties point is a nice reminder of the power of tentacles.
Lol. Tentacle power.

I think the episodes can be listened in any order. We tried to make them all standalone, although lately we mention the content of the previous episode and there's a bit of a continuation.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Lol. Tentacle power.

I think the episodes can be listened in any order. We tried to make them all standalone, although lately we mention the content of the previous episode and there's a bit of a continuation.

Lol on tentacle power!

Nice, will tell how goes tomorrow, is going to be my late night content reward when done with a pile of work and feel the choices will be #12 or the selling live events episode.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Ended up listening to #12 as it called to me. Im just gonna do reverse order down to #1 :).

I'm a two time self-publisher and agree with so much of this conversation. It gets into your blood and there is no turning back for so many after putting the first book out there. I sold 1000+ of my first book, mostly inside Colombia (backpacker style travel guide), but did march up to #2 in my category on Amazon in the States. Could not topple Lonely Planet, but I did get the feeling of having the Amazon best seller badge in Canada for three days! My 2nd book was very quiet as keep it on the low and did not have stores to sell out of like I did in Colombia. I do consider it a massive backlink that has high value that one day will be very useful.

Can't wait to read Andy Black's first book, I want a signed copy please!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Brendan edited and published episode 14:
He also did a solo episode at:

We had a chat tonight and I said to Brendan that I’m putting the podcast on the back burner while I work on videos and YouTube. Brendan may keep doing solo podcasts and/or get guests on.

If I had to choose growing a podcast or a YouTube channel then I’d choose the YouTube channel.

We’ll still chat once a week.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Brendan edited and published episode 14:
He also did a solo episode at:

We had a chat tonight and I said to Brendan that I’m putting the podcast on the back burner while I work on videos and YouTube. Brendan may keep doing solo podcasts and/or get guest on.

If I had to choose growing a podcast or a YouTube channel then I’d choose the YouTube channel.

We’ll still chat once a week.
I liked #14. You sounded good.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I liked #14. You sounded good.
That’s interesting. I’ll listen back to it. I know Brendan was keen to spend less time on editing and ship it with more of the filler words and thinking out loud.

Thanks for the feedback @WJK.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
That’s interesting. I’ll listen back to it. I know Brendan was keen to spend less time on editing and ship it with more of the filler words and thinking out loud.

Thanks for the feedback @WJK.
It sounded like a very natural conversation. I enjoyed it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.