• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Progress Thread Launched my own clothing line (in less than 7 days)

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Alxander, Jan 8, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. LiveHappy

LiveHappy Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $268
    What's the story on this logo? Reminds me of Grant Cardone.[​IMG]

100k and Alxander like this.
  2. LiveHappy

LiveHappy Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $268
    10x 2.png

3. Alxander

Alxander Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,671
    I was inspired by him
    lol just kidding my friend (who also makes most designs) made it. We are still creating a symbol, had a clock that stands on 10:00 with the shape of a pyramid filled with stars. But the font is pure for aesthetics for now that will be added to the symbol later on maybe.

LiveHappy likes this.
  4. fhs8

fhs8 Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,155
    Only thing I can think of if you have to have the background is to put it in the header or footer. I wish the internet didn't have to be so plain and follow the same format but things have to be in a certain way in order to sell them well.

This will be a learning experience. You'll be lucky to sell ten shirts by 2018.

As for the shirts I think more grey is better for both the pictures and rest of the shirt IMHO.

5. Alxander

Rep Bank:
    $1,671
    My first order is in :D I already pre-ordered my lambo. Lol jk

But my goal is to double the sales each month.

I also got an idea to have a t-shirt generator. You'll be able to apply filters, like Instagram but also filters like the app Prisma where you can apply styles from other images to the design you want. Then afterwards you can have the image in shapes like what we have in our current designs.
    I thought that it would add a dimension of fun and authorship to people that will provoke them to buy and show it to their friends much quicker.

A further goal is to completely let the computer design things from scratch, but that's one thing I don't know how to do yet haha :D

I also need more feedback, brand/marketing wise and product wise, but people are interested in our clothes, and if we approach people directly, surprisingly a lot like it even though I thought we were very nice oriented.

So if any of you have any ideas or feedback on the site, I would love to hear it!
    For example the background video is cool but it may be too much. But I don't want to delete it and be done with it, if I take a step back I want to take 2 steps forward. (I thought of a shape/visual generator when you are moving the mouse on the site...)

With the time I I'm investing in it and what I'm learning from it, I believe it's going great!

6. Ludachris

Ludachris Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $126
    Creating a lifestyle brand has always been very appealing to me. I have an idea for a niche that I think could work, with clothing, products, and content geared towards that niche. I know that it would have to be very well executed with all of the t-shirt stores and blogs being launched every hour. @SinisterLex makes excellent points on how to frame the brand. For me, like with every idea I have, it's a matter of finding effective ways to gauge market demand before I dive into it. I've launched too many ideas without measuring interest first. Intuition hasn't proven to be a good metric for me.

7. TheDillon__

TheDillon__ Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,140
    OP - I was in the same boat you're in right now. My most recent attempt at a project was @WeAreCropNoire on instagram. (Now a dead project.)

I went through Printful and tried to use a lot of their patter on their site as selling points on my own.

It's definitely possible to make good money off of their service, however you give up two big keys of NECST; Entry and Control. You and I both know that there's nothing special about what we do. You don't control shipping times, manufacturing costs, nada.

Rep+ for this post, wish I would've heard this one last year.

MoreVolume likes this.
  8. Diogo Santos

Diogo Santos New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $119
    This.
    This is so important, you need to find a passionate niche, like cycling, cross fit etc.. something people love, and target them.
    Make funny shirts inside the niche, something that people connect to.

For example lets say you go into the dog niche, and you choose pugs, if i saw and fb add where i saw a pug t-shirt and i had one, i would definitely check it out.
    And you could use Instagram influencers like a pug page and pay them to put your shirt there.

What do you prefer? that 200 people come to your site and 1 buys a shirt
    Or
    50 people come to your site and 5 buy shirts?

If people connect to the your cause they will be taking out their wallet a lot faster than someone who thinks "eh it's cool" but they don't are willing to take 25$ to buy it.

And i recommend you watching the Justin Cener's Mastermind group, he does T-shirt dropshipping and has a lot of people following him, on his page with amazing results, he has a course, it's paid but from what i see there, it's worth it. But still you can get really good information for free there.

And why Printful? they have good quality but they're so expensive, you should check out Teelaunch, or custom cat you would have better margins and you could lower your price a bit.

Scot likes this.
  9. Ludachris

Rep Bank:
    $126
    This is why Teespring campaigns were/are so profitable. Imagine having a niche website that has more than just shirts in a niche where the visitor not only likes the shirt but is drawn to your brand, identifies strongly with it, and wants to be a part of your community.

10. Diogo Santos

Rep Bank:
    $119
    Exactly.

Branded website, branded logo, branded products, you can put mugs, shirt's, hoodies with the designs, you name it, all dropshiped from the same company if you don't want to mix things up and keep the dropshipping method, something along the niche.

And you can even make your own community, with a FB page and/or Instagram as well.

Alxander likes this.
  11. Ludachris

Rep Bank:
    $126
    In my opinion, that's the only way to make it work - you have to build communities that you can sell to. If you're just slanging shirts you can't really do it passively. You constantly have to come up with new designs. If you build a brand and a community around your brand you have a far better chance of making it more passive.

Diogo Santos and Alxander like this.
  12. Alxander

Rep Bank:
    $1,671
    I used Teespring but I thought with using Printful it will be a more unique to stand out with my brand, I don't like selling my shirts on another domain lol.
    I invest minimum time in this but still try to push it, Printful saves me helluvalot of time, I could find a local company that prints shirts but then I have to ship it etc. I'll do that when I have enough cash flowing in.

The core fans should be on /r/Polyscapes, we get enough likes on there but it seems like they don't want to buy it, I need to market there without pushing it into their face.

Now I approached a designer who creates designs like mine and he got some friends to buy some shirts soon!
    From this I got the idea to let people generate awesome designs (IG style) with shapes and filters and if they get enough likes it will become available in the webshop.
    Donno how it would work legally wise but I think it will work good, people can create awesome designs that they will probably show to their friends and buy!

But for this I still need a core audience I guess, things are slowly starting to roll right now though. My goals was to double sales each month and it seems like it will go that way for now :)

13. MoreVolume

MoreVolume Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $327
    sounds like you're more serious than a majority of the "lifestyle brand" entrepreneurs out there. all they have is t-shirts. t-shirts and a name

14. Ludachris

Rep Bank:
    $126
    I've certainly put a lot of thought into it, but it's still just an idea at this point - like all the other ideas out there from all the other entrepreneurs and wantrepreneurs. I am very serious though. I know there is a heavy demand for many of the products that are sold in the niche based on search volume, but whether or not people will embrace my vision for this lifestyle brand is still a big question. I'm running through the exercise of planning out a system for how the business would be run and estimating how passive it can be long term.

15. Diogo Santos

Rep Bank:
    $119
    I totally agree with you on using your own platform, it's all about CONTROL, but when i told you Custom Cat or Teelaunch they're just the same as prinftul, they're a fulfillment company like them, and they have shopify integration as well.

Custom Cat has a monthly fee but the top seller t-shirt only costs about 6 dollars
    Tee launch has no monthly cost and their shirts are around 8.5 dollars

i don't remember printful t-shirts costs, but i do remember trying to use them on tank tops for woman, and they were really expensive like 16$ or something, i had really low margins if i went with them.

16. Alxander

Rep Bank:
    $1,671
    Had a photo shoot with my friend and me as a model #resourcefulness DSC_0111.JPG
    So I'm looking for a company that sells in the EU with a cheaper price, I see a lot of UK companies but if they go out of the EU it wouldn't be much better than the US I guess lol

Shortypants and fracturize like this.
  17. fracturize

fracturize New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $89
    Awesome that you taking action, subbed to this thread and looking forward to updates!