The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting my own clothing line, with a twist. Not so easy!

Marketing, social media, advertising

Karl Chester

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 29, 2016
Warrington
So I quit my job about a year back to begin starting my own brand of footwear, I knew I couldn't just jump right in with my own designs and needed potential customers so I have started and successfully established customising shoes via painting/drawing/spray painting on them, being an avid artist that bit is easy! But if I am to become a world know brand I can't just be painting images on to shoes for people that choose their ideas from google of what they like, even with it being my IP surely copyrights will clash at some point and I want to grow beyond that so to incorporate my own brand and unique style.

I feel with over 10'000 potential customers on my business page and a potential celebrity endorsement coming up as well as a website and multiple social medias boosting options, that it may be time to start launching my own designs and styles. I'm guessing I'll need to find a manufacturer of shoes that can incorporate my brand/print designs and I am going to trial run my designs to see what people take an interest to the most before committing to that.

Basically I'm curious if footwear is a reliable ecommerce as a small company trying to grow and if anybody else has had success or failures starting their own line of clothing or just footwear be it quirky or generic ?

Regards
Newby
Karl

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
It will work, just take a look at Vans.

The best thing is realistically just go all in and see what you can make of it - with a potential celeb endorsement you should be able to reach a huge market.

Best of luck.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Ever heard of The Ave Venice? He was on shark tank a number of seasons ago doing custom shoes. I don't think he got a deal but it was a proven business...

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
There's a great thread on the INSIDERS portion of this forum about someone documenting his journey creating a clothing line, and another with a custom sunglasses line. I suggest you check both of them out.

I knew I couldn't just jump right in with my own designs and needed potential customers

That sounds like exactly what you need to do. I'm not sure how you get customers or build a brand without a product.

Karl Chester

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 29, 2016
Warrington
There's a great thread on the INSIDERS portion of this forum about someone documenting his journey creating a clothing line, and another with a custom sunglasses line. I suggest you check both of them out.

That sounds like exactly what you need to do. I'm not sure how you get customers or build a brand without a product.

Thanks I definitely will! Sunglasses recently crossed my mind.

Karl Chester

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 29, 2016
Warrington
Ever heard of The Ave Venice? He was on shark tank a number of seasons ago doing custom shoes. I don't think he got a deal but it was a proven business...
It's weird you mention him actually as he's on my Instagram but until now I never bothered to check his page out, but yeah he does what I do! Guess he was snooping the competition out haha! Difference is he prints them and I paint them but as a one man band I'm questioning the practicality of it as it's so time consuming. Realising his success is an eye opener, thank you!

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
It's weird you mention him actually as he's on my Instagram but until now I never bothered to check his page out, but yeah he does what I do! Guess he was snooping the competition out haha! Difference is he prints them and I paint them but as a one man band I'm questioning the practicality of it as it's so time consuming. Realising his success is an eye opener, thank you!

Yeah dude, I think if you watch the episode it will help you alot because they ask him some tough questions and it'll help you get clarity on what you want out of your business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.