• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Last time you were bored?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Galaxy16, May 27, 2018.

1. Galaxy16

Galaxy16 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $712
    Entrepreneurs are usually never bored, because being bored means wasting time.

Time is the most valueable asset of life, and if your "time gas tank" (Fastlane page 180) runs dry, you get a stinking lump of turd (Fastlane page 5).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr7PvxWjfB0&app=desktop

There is always something to do, e.g. reading more books.

When was the last time you were bored?

Olie Sins and ApparentHorizon like this.
  2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $187,948
    The last time I was bored was as a kid.

The minute I uttered the words my army dad rubbed his hands with glee and gave me a big list of chores to do.

I’ve never been bored since.

(@jon.a will understand...)

3. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $187,948
    I don’t believe you always have to be doing something btw.

I often like sitting and watching the world go by.

I’m comfortable with silence and being still...

4. DeletedUser052

DeletedUser052 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    :rofl:

What was your instant reaction?

Galaxy16 and ApparentHorizon like this.
  5. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,063
    It does not happen.

Any spare time I get is focused on moving forward with business opportunities, reading or health, and fitness.

You let me know anyone who says that they are bored... I'll have a chat with them. ;)

Galaxy16 and TinyOldLady like this.
  6. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $187,948
    “I’m never saying that again...”

Galaxy16 and DeletedUser052 like this.
  7. DeletedUser052

DeletedUser052 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    Hope you didn't.

I still couldn't stop laughing at that line you wrote.

And thank you for removing the additional post I did mistakenly.

Galaxy16 and Andy Black like this.
  8. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $28,191
    I was at the ultrasound clinic the other day and a little girl said to her mom "I am bored mommy". Without missing a beat the mom said right back "only boring people are bored".

I thought that was an awesome line!

The only time I get bored these days are when I am stuck in traffic. I like to have audiobooks with me but sometimes it is not always possible, those are the times I am bored. There is only so much traffic that I can take before I want to just park the car in the freeway and walk away Falling Down style. I also rarely drive during traffic, so this is not a normal occurrence for me.

9. Paul Weese

Paul Weese Life is about living Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $226
    I'm never bored. Curiosity runs rampant in me. But there are those times when clothes shopping with my wife...

Real Deal Denver and Galaxy16 like this.
  10. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $187,948
    Oh yes, my kids know that line too. They don’t say they’re bored anymore.

DeletedUser052 and Galaxy16 like this.
  11. SquatchMan

SquatchMan Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,940
    I get bored on long trans-Pacific flights, long bus rides, and when I drive a long time.

Not a fan of music, (most) books, or movies.

Just silence and thinking. I have interesting thoughts, but I still get bored after 16 hours in silence.

I don't view it as a negative or anything to be ashamed of though. Just part of life and a good way to build mental fortitude.

I fished a lot growing up, so maybe I am used to it.

Genius01 and Galaxy16 like this.
  12. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,492
    I'm bored right now. Have been for about a month. It happens every few years, and it means that I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing with my life (work-wise), and need to figure out what's next for me.

Normally I figure it out within a couple weeks, but this time, it seems to be more difficult, for a number of reasons. But, hopefully I'll figure it out soon and I'll go from being bored to productive (by my definition) very quickly.

TheCj, TonyStark, Invictus and 4 others like this.
  13. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,592
    Boredom isn't 100% a bad thing.

There was a study, (the source escapes me at the moment), where participants were tasked with copying numbers from a phone book for 2 hours. The other group participated in challenging and evolving puzzles. Enough to keep them active and not bored.

After they were done with their tasks, both groups were presented with new never before seen challenges.

The bored group, were more creative and came to conclusions faster than the group that was constantly engaged.

Boredom, which is closely tied to daydreaming, showed an improvement in memory and creative thinking. While the memory improvement is not as effective as a good night of sleep, it was significant.

So next time you daze off because you're doing a mundane chore. Just know that it's not a complete waste of time.

In some cases it's soothing and meditative.

I get this too. I wonder if it's some form of depression. Not the severe kind where you need to see a doctor, but just the kind of day where you don't want to do anything.

Re-clarifying my goals and adding new short term goals does the trick for me.

Andy Black and csalvato like this.
  14. 404profound

404profound Platinum Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,907
    Hardly ever bored. I think pauses for rest / reflection are important, not that everyone has that luxury. Rest can be productive when it enables more effective effort afterwards. Sometimes people that can't get passed a challenge need a pause to assess the situation and let their mind reset. That being said, too much rest leads to boredom and apathy (which is what most people in our country suffer from).

TheCj likes this.
  15. csalvato

csalvato Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $24,268
    I get this too. I’m actually going through this right now. I’ve learned that it’s just a normal part of my rhythm and now embrace it playing video games and watching movies. I know the inspiration will hit me again. Right now, I can actually sense it building but I need to ride out the rest of the phase..

16. Galaxy16

Galaxy16 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $712
    I would always b
    I would always have something to read our audiobooks.

17. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $187,948
    Interesting about the rhythm stuff.

I find I listen to podcasts and read when I’m “on the case”. And then naturally stop when I need to hear myself think.

It reminds me of this thread:

18. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,151
    Absolutely correct!

You NEED down time. I spent 4 hours yesterday looking at a wall, just sitting in a chair. I am so much more productive today! In four days I'm off on a mini adventure which involves NO work, or work related thoughts. I do have a list of things to do when I plug back in, however. I need that recharge badly!

I know what I'm burnt out. I just finished five jobs that killed more brain cells than I can afford to lose! It's easy to stare at a wall after that happens.

Drop the guilt, for those that may think boredom is bad. Nobody can be on all the time.

JScott and csalvato like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.