The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Last time you were bored?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Entrepreneurs are usually never bored, because being bored means wasting time.

Time is the most valueable asset of life, and if your "time gas tank" (Fastlane page 180) runs dry, you get a stinking lump of turd (Fastlane page 5).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr7PvxWjfB0&app=desktop

There is always something to do, e.g. reading more books.

When was the last time you were bored?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The last time I was bored was as a kid.

The minute I uttered the words my army dad rubbed his hands with glee and gave me a big list of chores to do.

I’ve never been bored since.

(@jon.a will understand...)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don’t believe you always have to be doing something btw.

I often like sitting and watching the world go by.

I’m comfortable with silence and being still...

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
It does not happen.

Any spare time I get is focused on moving forward with business opportunities, reading or health, and fitness.

You let me know anyone who says that they are bored... I'll have a chat with them. ;)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I was at the ultrasound clinic the other day and a little girl said to her mom "I am bored mommy". Without missing a beat the mom said right back "only boring people are bored".

I thought that was an awesome line!

The only time I get bored these days are when I am stuck in traffic. I like to have audiobooks with me but sometimes it is not always possible, those are the times I am bored. There is only so much traffic that I can take before I want to just park the car in the freeway and walk away Falling Down style. I also rarely drive during traffic, so this is not a normal occurrence for me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was at the ultrasound clinic the other day and a little girl said to her mom "I am bored mommy". Without missing a beat the mom said right back "only boring people are bored".

I thought that was an awesome line!

The only time I get bored these days are when I am stuck in traffic. I like to have audiobooks with me but sometimes it is not always possible, those are the times I am bored. There is only so much traffic that I can take before I want to just park the car in the freeway and walk away Falling Down style. I also rarely drive during traffic, so this is not a normal occurrence for me.
Oh yes, my kids know that line too. They don’t say they’re bored anymore.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
I get bored on long trans-Pacific flights, long bus rides, and when I drive a long time.

Not a fan of music, (most) books, or movies.

Just silence and thinking. I have interesting thoughts, but I still get bored after 16 hours in silence.

I don't view it as a negative or anything to be ashamed of though. Just part of life and a good way to build mental fortitude.

I fished a lot growing up, so maybe I am used to it.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Boredom isn't 100% a bad thing.

There was a study, (the source escapes me at the moment), where participants were tasked with copying numbers from a phone book for 2 hours. The other group participated in challenging and evolving puzzles. Enough to keep them active and not bored.

After they were done with their tasks, both groups were presented with new never before seen challenges.

The bored group, were more creative and came to conclusions faster than the group that was constantly engaged.

Boredom, which is closely tied to daydreaming, showed an improvement in memory and creative thinking. While the memory improvement is not as effective as a good night of sleep, it was significant.

So next time you daze off because you're doing a mundane chore. Just know that it's not a complete waste of time.

In some cases it's soothing and meditative.

I'm bored right now. Have been for about a month. It happens every few years, and it means that I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing with my life (work-wise), and need to figure out what's next for me.

Normally I figure it out within a couple weeks, but this time, it seems to be more difficult, for a number of reasons. But, hopefully I'll figure it out soon and I'll go from being bored to productive (by my definition) very quickly.

I get this too. I wonder if it's some form of depression. Not the severe kind where you need to see a doctor, but just the kind of day where you don't want to do anything.

Re-clarifying my goals and adding new short term goals does the trick for me.

D

Deleted50669

Hardly ever bored. I think pauses for rest / reflection are important, not that everyone has that luxury. Rest can be productive when it enables more effective effort afterwards. Sometimes people that can't get passed a challenge need a pause to assess the situation and let their mind reset. That being said, too much rest leads to boredom and apathy (which is what most people in our country suffer from).

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I'm bored right now. Have been for about a month. It happens every few years, and it means that I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing with my life (work-wise), and need to figure out what's next for me.

Normally I figure it out within a couple weeks, but this time, it seems to be more difficult, for a number of reasons. But, hopefully I'll figure it out soon and I'll go from being bored to productive (by my definition) very quickly.

get this too. I wonder if it's some form of depression. Not the severe kind where you need to see a doctor, but just the kind of day where you don't want to do anything.

Re-clarifying my goals and adding new short term goals does the trick for me.

I get this too. I’m actually going through this right now. I’ve learned that it’s just a normal part of my rhythm and now embrace it playing video games and watching movies. I know the inspiration will hit me again. Right now, I can actually sense it building but I need to ride out the rest of the phase..

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
I get bored on long trans-Pacific flights, long bus rides, and when I drive a long time.

Just silence and thinking. I have interesting thoughts, but I still get bored after 16 hours in silence.

I don't view it as a negative or anything to be ashamed of though. Just part of life and a good way to build mental fortitude.

I would always b

I would always have something to read our audiobooks.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I get this too. I’m actually going through this right now. I’ve learned that it’s just a normal part of my rhythm and now embrace it playing video games and watching movies. I know the inspiration will hit me again. Right now, I can actually sense it building but I need to ride out the rest of the phase..

Absolutely correct!

You NEED down time. I spent 4 hours yesterday looking at a wall, just sitting in a chair. I am so much more productive today! In four days I'm off on a mini adventure which involves NO work, or work related thoughts. I do have a list of things to do when I plug back in, however. I need that recharge badly!

I know what I'm burnt out. I just finished five jobs that killed more brain cells than I can afford to lose! It's easy to stare at a wall after that happens.

Drop the guilt, for those that may think boredom is bad. Nobody can be on all the time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.