The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just starting out

SebastianNZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 28, 2020
New Zealand
Hi all. My name is Sebastian and I am starting out on my entrepreneurial journey. I wish I had read this book 10 years ago, I am 33 years old and I am 80% of the way through 'The Millionaire Fast lane'. Even though I haven't quite finished the book I can already feel my brain being re-wired. The first half of the book has changed me forever. 'I was blind but now I see', to use a popular phrase. I lost my passion for learning new things a while ago because I felt so hopeless, but for the first time in a very long time I am motivated to learn more because I understand where to learn. As someone who has been conned in the past I have been closed to learning new things, often a devil would shout 'scam!!' or 'he's selling a book which made him millions, that's how he's rich, dummy!' causing me to dismiss education which is not institutionalized immediately. There are so many powerful teachings in this book which make so much sense it's laughable that I hadn't worked it out before now. Teachings such as 'If someone tries to give you advice on how to be wealthy but aren't wealthy themselves, don't listen to them'. Now that I understand what is true wealth (free time) I feel like I am armed with the tools to identify my new idols.

I could go on and on. I am up to the part in the book where M.J Demarco reveals that he almost gave up on the book altogether and I'm learning a new lesson about passion.
M.J, if you see this I just want to say thank you for writing your book. This is the advice I have been searching for, and some harsh lessons I didn't even know I needed. I will post again once I've finished the book and start on 'Unscripted '.

Thanks,

Sebastian.

Edit: forgot to tag the man himself @MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Welcome! You should pick up Unscripted as well, it goes into a bit more detail IIRC, it's been a while since I've read it.

Good luck on the journey!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...