The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jordan Belfort vs Grant Cardone

Marketing, social media, advertising

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
I just saw that podcast the two of them did a while back and not gonna lie...it was cringe. On their own though, they seem really good at what they do. Who do you prefer to listen to on sales advice and why? Is there someone else you listen to that's better than these two in your opinion? I'm all ears!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Uncle G said the interview was arranged by his staff members and he was little unprepared/impromptu situation. That’s why the interview went funny.

Old School sales like Sandler’s Training is good or moderately I try to learn sales from everybody Guru in bits and pieces. Learning sales from one sales guru is not enough and doesn’t meet threshold.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I just saw that podcast the two of them did a while back and not gonna lie...it was cringe. On their own though, they seem really good at what they do. Who do you prefer to listen to on sales advice and why? Is there someone else you listen to that's better than these two in your opinion? I'm all ears!
Jordan gave some good old school advice.

Grant is more about personal branding.

I think modern business environment is getting more competitive. A lot of wisdom is in crafting your sales offer to match the market. If you need to explain why your offer is good you most likely already lost. It just didn’t have a strong enough pull factor.

No body is giving you 15 minutes to run your sales pitch if they are not too interested at the start. Time and attention are too precious these days.

G

Guest1413tpa

I think Grant is fake as heck.

The Wolf of Wall Street though - Its like a living meme to me. I'm wearing a Stratton shirt right now in fact (and an Enron crewneck), I use it as a weird sort of inspiration to be a crafty person that pushes the limits (legally), and figure out creative ways to make money.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Yeah...I have to admit, something about JB speaks to me. Grant seems a little on his high horse for me. But both guys have changed their lives and I'm glad they're at least trying to influence people the right way even if they don't personally get along.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
While I thoroughly enjoyed the Wolf of Wall Street for the hustle and comedy... Count me down for Grant Cardone.

He is a lot more wealthy than JB. The jet he has certainly isn't "fake." He also did it in a win-win capitalist way... Which is sustainable and won't land him in prison or bankrupt him. Reputation is huge if you want to build something that lasts.

Lauding someone for being awesome at selling fraud isn't my thing. He may be reformed, but he is still riding this "back in the glory days" and "I'm awesome for being the wolf" thing. I wouldn't do business with him.

What I saw in the video was just some crude attempt at gotcha journalism. A ploy IMO to capitalize on GC's greater popularity with a viral video. It probably helped him a bit... But here is the deal, it is uncomfortable to be put on the spot like that. I don't care who you are. The video made JB look desperate to me.

Grant is not really sales IMO. He is more hustle motivation. I feel like I could actually enjoy the company of GC whereas I just don't relate to the bro dozer JB lifestyle.

Enron? Really? @MrTrash757 why? Is number fudging on accounting documents really that cool to you? Are you a member of the Bernie Madoff fan club too?

You guys that know my posts or listen to the show know the below image resonates with me.

download.jpeg

Last edited:

Olov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 10, 2019
I have no interest in any of them. Sleazy salesmen in my opinion.

No person I've ever seen gives the "snake" vibes more than Grant. I wouldn't trust him with a single thing. Also, I don't think I've seen a grown man with such a fragile ego.

I watched some interviews with him before and all he does is trying to boost himself. Every question he asks anyone, is just so that he can answer it himself or somehow reflect it back on him. Everything is about him.

If he asks you what you ate for lunch today, it's just so that he can tell you about what he ate and what it cost.

Check the interview he did with Dana White:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM58lKu7_EA

It's quite fascinating to observe though. It's like a teenager in a mans body.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
While I thoroughly enjoyed the Wolf of Wall Street for the hustle and comedy... Count me down for Grant Cardone.

He is a lot more wealthy than JB. The jet he has certainly isn't "fake." He also did it in a win-win capitalist way... Which is sustainable and won't land him in prison or bankrupt him. Reputation is huge if you want to build something that lasts.

Lauding someone for being awesome at selling fraud isn't my thing. He may be reformed, but he is still riding this "I'm awesome for being the wolf" thing. I wouldn't do business with him.

What I saw in the video was just some crude attempt at gotcha journalism. A ploy IMO to capitalize on GC's greater popularity with a viral video. It probably helped him a bit... But here is the deal, it is uncomfortable to be put on the spot like that. I don't care who you are. The video made JB look desperate to me.

Grant is not really sales IMO. He is more hustle motivation. I feel like I could actually enjoy the company of GC whereas I just don't relate to the bro dozer JB lifestyle.

Enron? Really? @MrTrash757 why? Is number fudging on accounting documents really that cool to you? Are you a member of the Bernie Madoff fan club too?

You guys that know my posts or listen to the show know the below image resonates with me.

View attachment 35866
I bought a sales course from GC on Udemy a while back and was pleasantly surprised.

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal

Lauding someone for being awesome at selling fraud isn't my thing. He may be reformed, but he is still riding this "I'm awesome for being the wolf" thing. I wouldn't do business with him.

View attachment 35866
Couldn't agree more!

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Interesting topic. I asked for some advice about learning sales on here a while ago and a few people recommended Grant Cardone. I'd not heard of him before. I've since bought one of his books and listened to lots of his YouTube stuff. He is a great motivator.

@Kak has a good point that JB became famous/notorious for some seriously unethical behaviours. I've read his book but it's hard to 'forget' his backstory. Even if you were actually minded to try and emulate it, it's not that easy any more. Different time, different place.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
check GC out on london real ... his wife too .... her Empire book is solid!

check him out on Lewis Howe too ... .this shit will get you up and going!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I'm wearing a Stratton shirt right now in fact (and an Enron crewneck
This makes me sick. You draw inspiration from two literal companies that existed to steal money from people and funnel it to themselves. Literally nothing provided other than theft.

Think about that. They were providing 0 value, and in fact were doing the opposite. I would pick a company that literally provided 0 value rather than ones that were out to steal and swindle. That is low.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Haha why? Have you watched the podcast? Grant was honestly spewing non-sense after nonsense... "no interest is still a level of interest" :rofl:

He is a lot more wealthy than JB.
To be honest, JB would have been way wealthier than GC if the gov didn't take his business away. He wasn't doing anything "less legit" than other companies of the kind in his day and age. He's just the one that got caught.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
To be honest, JB would have been way wealthier than GC if the gov didn't take his business away. He wasn't doing anything "less legit" than other companies of the kind in his day and age. He's just the one that got caught.
Ah, so that makes it okay.

:rofl:

justindircksen

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 17, 2020
LaGrange, KY

Lauding someone for being awesome at selling fraud isn't my thing. He may be reformed, but he is still riding this "back in the glory days" and "I'm awesome for being the wolf" thing. I wouldn't do business with him.

View attachment 35866
I’m with you. I lean toward Grant. I’ve listened to his books a few times and I learn something new each time. I’ve also listened to Jordans. Both the 2 part, ‘movie’ and I just finished, Way of the wolf. Which also has good lessons.
Grant is definitely a salesman, salesman. I find myself being like, ‘THATS RIGHT!!’ when I listen to him. I didn’t get any of that with Jordan.

justindircksen

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 17, 2020
LaGrange, KY
Someone else worth checking out is Jeb Blount. I’ve listened to 3 of his books so far, and his others are in my wish list.
The 3 I’ve listened to are...

Fanatical Prospecting
Objections
Sales EQ

D

Deleted78083

Both of them made it into the Contrepreneur bingo. It's a YT channel that plays bingo with all the sales techniques sleeky businessmen employ to sell over-priced products with content stolen from legit writers.

It's like an analysis of a sales pitch. It's great!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Haha why? Have you watched the podcast? Grant was honestly spewing non-sense after nonsense... "no interest is still a level of interest" :rofl:

JB wasn’t defrauding his customers like stealing his clients’ money or coming up with bogus investment schemes.

He was charged with market manipulation doing “pump and dump.” Basically he hold large positions in low quality small cap companies, created a hype around them and manipulated the price to be higher by having one account under control buying from another account under control.

Before the securities law against market manipulation in the 1930s market manipulation is just one of the common “trading tactic”, used by big players.

No doubt that is both unethical and illegal, but he wasn’t defrauding people in a traditional sense. That is why he got only a few years in prison.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I really can't stand Cardone to be honest, and although it may be unsubstantiated I've heard things about himself and scientology that leave me uneasy.

Belfort definitely still tries to ride on being a cool crook, but I find his advice more practical.

Wouldn't buy a course from either of them though.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I really can't stand Cardone to be honest, and although it may be unsubstantiated I've heard things about himself and scientology that leave me uneasy.

Belfort definitely still tries to ride on being a cool crook, but I find his advice more practical.

Wouldn't buy a course from either of them though.
Grant can be a bit much. However, he speaks the truth.

Is he arrogant? Maybe. Is he full of himself? Probably. He earned it.

The guy shits golden nuggets that we can all learn from, no matter how far into the game you are. No one on this forum is on his level.

I enjoy JB only because his douchebag NYC attitude resonates with me. I’m Boston born and raised after all. :rofl:

His business practices I stay away from. I view him as an entertainer.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Grant can be a bit much. However, he speaks the truth.
Really?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVXK74k_FNw&ab_channel=SteveRam

I'm not sure we've watched the same interaction between the two of them.

JB: "What was your pitch?"

GC: "Hey guys, I got fish! [...] And by the way, that's how I still sell today..."

JB: "You've got buyers and non-buyers"

GC: "nah nah, I think everyone's a buyer. They may not buy my fish, but they'll buy insurance, etc."

GC: "Every buyer is a buyer"

JB: "So if you have a salesman who wants to talk to everyone, even if they have no money, to sell a $10K product, and they spend 45 minutes on that call is that smart or not smart?"

GC: "He shouldn't have started that call with one product"

JB: "What if the company only has one product?"

GC: "That's stupid. Go some other place."

JB: "Not interest to you is interest?"

GC: "Yes, it says not interested, not is an adjective to describe interest!" :rofl:

GC: "We should do a cage match, us two" :wideyed:

The interview was JB being friendly and trying to have a decent conversation, and GC being a DICK, spewing nonsense.

If you want to be a salesman, learn from Jordan, not GC. It's not even a competition, and this isn't about their moral values at all. I read Jordan's book, I read GC's book (Sell or Be Sold), I paid Jordan for his coaching, there is NO COMPARISON. Jordan knows sales, and is proficient at teaching it.

GC is good for motivation, hustle and mindset, but he's not on the same level as JB for sales.

Last edited:

GeoffP

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 26, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA
Can you guys stop sucking sleazy salesman celebrity dick.

Are these the people you want to be?

GC and JB both have their strengths and their weaknesses. However, in a Fastlane world, do you need either? The product should sell itself, no?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
GC and JB both have their strengths and their weaknesses. However, in a Fastlane world, do you need either? The product should sell itself, no?
Yes and no... since you have an INSIDERS subscription, read the official position by @MJ DeMarco on what things look like in the Fastlane world here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...kill-of-copywriting-to-you.52843/#post-371592

The main idea is that the product does sell itself (people recommend one another), but marketing is a great accelerator & starter to that process.

GeoffP

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 26, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA
Yes and no... since you have an INSIDERS subscription, read the official position by @MJ DeMarco on what things look like in the Fastlane world here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...kill-of-copywriting-to-you.52843/#post-371592

The main idea is that the product does sell itself (people recommend one another), but marketing is a great accelerator & starter to that process.
That's correct and a sign I should probably have elaborated more.... the problem I see with guys like GC and JB is that they tend to be focused on training people to convince people that they need a product. This is great, but the skill of the salesman becomes much less important if you have a phenomenal product that people demand.

For example, Sony has this cornered with the Playstation..... you don't need JB or GC to sell a Playstation, the system sells itself.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
That's correct and a sign I should probably have elaborated more.... the problem I see with guys like GC and JB is that they tend to be focused on training people to convince people that they need a product. This is great, but the skill of the salesman becomes much less important if you have a phenomenal product that people demand.

For example, Sony has this cornered with the Playstation..... you don't need JB or GC to sell a Playstation, the system sells itself.
True, however, you still need to be a good salesperson to start the very first sales of your product, even if it's the greatest thing since slice bread. Those first sales will not happen through product alone, without any kind of sales or marketing. Think about MJ himself. He started this forum before he wrote TMF , and the first 100 or so copies of TMF were basically pre-sold here. You still need those initial numbers on which word-of-mouth exponential growth can play its magic, if that makes sense.

Further marketing will only accelerate things even more, so definitely don't neglect it. You may not NEED a JB/GC, but that doesn't mean they won't help.

codersalesman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Nov 21, 2020
Belfort's book, The Way of the Wolf, has pretty solid sales advise. If someone were just starting out in sales, that would be a pretty good book to get started. Haven't read any of Cardones stuff so I can't say for sure, but from what I hear he has some useful material too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.