The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
I don't think I've ever said this about a book before, but I wish I'd read this 10 years ago.

See, I did Unscripted sort of backwards. I've lived "unscripted " enough for the past couple of decades that when I started to tell my daughter something from the book and started out, "I'm reading this book called 'Unscripted '," she snorted and made a comment about redundancy.

For many years, I've lived more or less like I am retired. I was able to support myself and my daughter comfortably working 15-25 hours/week, and pretty much on whatever schedule I chose. I never really had much interest in passive income, for two reasons. First, I liked my work and it didn't really interfere with our lives at all. Second, everyone I was seeing talk about passive income was babbling some infomercial BS, and I really wasn't interested in rigging up a "money funnel" that didn't add value for anyone.

In 2012/2013, I learned my lesson--but it was the wrong one. I got seriously ill out of nowhere. I spent October of 2012 driving all over the east coast visiting old friends, showing my daughter Plimouth and Niagara Falls and Coney Island, visiting galleries along the Cape without a care in the world, and by the end of November I was sleeping on a mattress on my living room floor because I couldn't walk up and down the stairs and trying to figure out who I wanted to finish raising my daughter if I didn't make it.

I burned through my savings and emerged the following July with about $20,000 in debt. I got back to work, paid it off in less than a year, and resolved never to make that mistake again. Except, in my mind, the change I needed to make was that I needed a bigger buffer.

I never started thinking about passive income at all until my daughter joined me in my business and I started thinking about retiring and wanting to keep the business viable for her to continue without me. I made a plan for that, but it wasn't a high priority and kept getting back-burnered. I STILL didn't connect passive income with the issue I faced in 2012/13 and how it could have been avoided until I read Unscripted . It's pretty obvious, I know, but my whole perspective on passive income had been formed around the sort of fly-by-night schemes I'd seen being pimped (remember those emails that used to go around that said MULTIPLE STREAMS OF INCOME over and over while talking about how effortless it was?), and I'd never really thought about it as something substantive and reliable. The dumbest part is that I've known for at least a few years exactly what I want to do and how to do it.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Last sip of coffee.
Last page read.
I'm finally done, team.
Time to buy AB and SO shares.
Also, it would be neat to have The Millionaire package of both books in one released in gold and silver like the Star Wars remasters VHS from the late 90's.

Pappybfc

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 9, 2019
I'm eight chapters in and am very impressed! You speak a truth that most folks can't or don't want to hear.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andre Aguiar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Nov 12, 2019
Florianopolis, Brazil
I've just finished Unscripted !
It changed my way of thinking almost everything in my life.
Almost everyone around me live in the slowlane and its scares me.

I joined this forum to keep in touch with fastlane/unscripted entrepreneurs, so I can start living this life too.

Best fo wishes to all of you!

sab021

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 9, 2019
Just finished it today and loved every bit of it. I feel like half of it resonated strongly with how I already think about wealth, the other half was eye opening and inspiring. Fantastic read.

slindstr

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 16, 2019
San Francisco
Just finished listening to this book on Audible (great narrator!) and (among other takeaways) I've become a lot more conscious about how I spend my time. Looking forward to re-listening to both this an millionaire fastlane during some upcoming holiday travel.

StephanBg

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 1, 2019
Northern Germany
Read it almost completely (still reading the final chapters) and it is a great book with all the details on how to be as an UNSCRIPTED person. Also loved the suggested read The One Thing (got the audiobook) and will be pouring through the other suggestions thereafter.
Thanks so much for your insight and work to build a framework to build a business to go UNSCRIPTED !

Mball

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 11, 2019
I've listened to it 3 times already and am ordering the book as well to highlight the most important parts. Am taking what I learned and doing the brainstorming now!

enchifred

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 28, 2019
Sydney
Read UNSCRIPTED ! As I read this book before TMF , it really changed the way I view the world:
- Critical thinking: thinking past the agenda pushed; thinking like a producer
- Being content with differing views with others: mediocre people and mediocre thoughts produce mediocre lives
- The existence of the fastlane: I was never one to consider entrepreneurship seriously, as no one had educated me about it - until I discovered MJ's works and read on myself to discover more.

Defection

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 29, 2019
I am delighted to say that after listening to the audiobook twice and feeling like I could still gain something from the physical book, I've now technically read Unscripted three times! I'm pretty sure this makes me an action-faker at the moment. :clench:

I do highly recommend that anyone who reads the audiobook also takes the time to at least scroll through the physical copy.

It may just be me, but I had several 'blanks' where I wasn't as focused as I'd hoped during the audiobook!

I don't claim to be an experienced reader. I'm perhaps five books deep now, all read within the past year. But I've realized that I thoroughly enjoy reading, and this has been the most influential book by far.

A HUGE thank you, MJ! I'm hoping that I'll one day be able to say that this was truly life-saving.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
Probably the best book I’ve ever read. The 3Bs were especially hard hitting for me. Thx MJ

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.