The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

GOLD! I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

bbmhmmad

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 4, 2019
read the book. im seeing the script in everything, plz halp:hilarious:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

mclarry2

PARKED
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 3, 2019
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED!

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane!

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
Just got through listening to it on Audible... Enjoyed your ability to be honest and finally someone who I agree with on a lot of issues. Thanks!

mclarry2

PARKED
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 3, 2019
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED!

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane!

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
Also, it got me to download the TMF book. Going through it now.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
I don't think I've ever said this about a book before, but I wish I'd read this 10 years ago.

See, I did Unscripted sort of backwards. I've lived "unscripted" enough for the past couple of decades that when I started to tell my daughter something from the book and started out, "I'm reading this book called 'Unscripted'," she snorted and made a comment about redundancy.

For many years, I've lived more or less like I am retired. I was able to support myself and my daughter comfortably working 15-25 hours/week, and pretty much on whatever schedule I chose. I never really had much interest in passive income, for two reasons. First, I liked my work and it didn't really interfere with our lives at all. Second, everyone I was seeing talk about passive income was babbling some infomercial BS, and I really wasn't interested in rigging up a "money funnel" that didn't add value for anyone.

In 2012/2013, I learned my lesson--but it was the wrong one. I got seriously ill out of nowhere. I spent October of 2012 driving all over the east coast visiting old friends, showing my daughter Plimouth and Niagara Falls and Coney Island, visiting galleries along the Cape without a care in the world, and by the end of November I was sleeping on a mattress on my living room floor because I couldn't walk up and down the stairs and trying to figure out who I wanted to finish raising my daughter if I didn't make it.

I burned through my savings and emerged the following July with about $20,000 in debt. I got back to work, paid it off in less than a year, and resolved never to make that mistake again. Except, in my mind, the change I needed to make was that I needed a bigger buffer.

I never started thinking about passive income at all until my daughter joined me in my business and I started thinking about retiring and wanting to keep the business viable for her to continue without me. I made a plan for that, but it wasn't a high priority and kept getting back-burnered. I STILL didn't connect passive income with the issue I faced in 2012/13 and how it could have been avoided until I read Unscripted. It's pretty obvious, I know, but my whole perspective on passive income had been formed around the sort of fly-by-night schemes I'd seen being pimped (remember those emails that used to go around that said MULTIPLE STREAMS OF INCOME over and over while talking about how effortless it was?), and I'd never really thought about it as something substantive and reliable. The dumbest part is that I've known for at least a few years exactly what I want to do and how to do it.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Last sip of coffee.
Last page read.
I'm finally done, team.
Time to buy AB and SO shares.
Also, it would be neat to have The Millionaire package of both books in one released in gold and silver like the Star Wars remasters VHS from the late 90's.

EdKirby

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 29, 2015
United States
Read it and going to read it again after I finish re-reading TMF. I've lost my way a bit I need a reboot!

Ashishrk2403

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 11, 2019
Read it. Re- reading notes. Great book.

Pappybfc

PARKED
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 9, 2019
I'm eight chapters in and am very impressed! You speak a truth that most folks can't or don't want to hear.

Andre Aguiar

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 12, 2019
Florianopolis, Brazil
I've just finished Unscripted!
It changed my way of thinking almost everything in my life.
Almost everyone around me live in the slowlane and its scares me.

I joined this forum to keep in touch with fastlane/unscripted entrepreneurs, so I can start living this life too.

Best fo wishes to all of you!

sab021

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 9, 2019
Just finished it today and loved every bit of it. I feel like half of it resonated strongly with how I already think about wealth, the other half was eye opening and inspiring. Fantastic read.

edgefinder

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 13, 2016
South Africa
I've read the book a few times.

slindstr

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 16, 2019
San Francisco
Just finished listening to this book on Audible (great narrator!) and (among other takeaways) I've become a lot more conscious about how I spend my time. Looking forward to re-listening to both this an millionaire fastlane during some upcoming holiday travel.

StephanBg

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 1, 2019
Northern Germany
Read it almost completely (still reading the final chapters) and it is a great book with all the details on how to be as an UNSCRIPTED person. Also loved the suggested read The One Thing (got the audiobook) and will be pouring through the other suggestions thereafter.
Thanks so much for your insight and work to build a framework to build a business to go UNSCRIPTED!

Mball

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 11, 2019
I've listened to it 3 times already and am ordering the book as well to highlight the most important parts. Am taking what I learned and doing the brainstorming now!

enchifred

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 28, 2019
Sydney
Read UNSCRIPTED! As I read this book before TMF, it really changed the way I view the world:
- Critical thinking: thinking past the agenda pushed; thinking like a producer
- Being content with differing views with others: mediocre people and mediocre thoughts produce mediocre lives
- The existence of the fastlane: I was never one to consider entrepreneurship seriously, as no one had educated me about it - until I discovered MJ's works and read on myself to discover more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom