The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

John F.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Aug 29, 2018
Arizona
I have read/listened to Unscripted a handful of times. Total game changer. Every read/listen triggers new action. The main thing I learned from this is that I am much further stuck in the trap than originally thought. While that sucks, this book gives me the ammo needed to blow my way out of the trap.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
Okay, I finished Unscripted . Unfortunately, I finished it mid-flight, and I wanted to keep reading and reading. Luckily, though, that gave me time to review my bookmarks for this and TMF . Both books are excellent.

salasben19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Mar 19, 2018
New Mexico

todonelist

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,114%
Oct 2, 2018
I finished reading Unscripted and forced a bunch of Uber passengers to face reality for 20 minutes to their destination! :) It's that good. I couldn't turn it off and finished it in 3 days.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
I've read both books. Recently completed Unscripted Physical And Audiobook. I especially love the practical examples closer to the end of actually investing a 10M nest egg at 5% Annually. Very Very Informative.

Been a long time member but disappeared to focus more on myself and taking action instead of just reading forum post and action faking. Will now be posting regularly going forward as I have picked up alot of momentum over the years.

Cheers!

hydemx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 20, 2018
Having read TMF and now UNSCRIPTED , I can say they're the books I've enjoyed the most lately. Definitely I'm a different person after reading these 2 guys because I see the reality with a different, much broader filter, that allows me to see things that I wasn't aware of in the past. I loved the book that much that I gave it to my brother and he's almost done reading it.

TFM-PVB

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 16, 2018
New York
Finished the audio version of unscripted last week. Will buy the text version today so I can highlight and take notes. Amazing value both books, but as many others have pointed out, this forum is THE true good mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atul Kulkarni

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 14, 2018
I have listened to Unscripted and have left a review on Audible UK. This is the first book of this length which I finished in a week. This is amazing book. The book has a notable impact on my thinking and it has put the life reality out in open. After listening to "Unscripted " I realized that I had several F*ck this moments but never had a real F*ck this event, because of this I continued my mediocre life and job. I can now express in words what kind of life I want to live. Besides this I now know that I don't need great new idea but just idea which creates/provides value. I have picked up one idea based on it and started working on it.

Really thanks for writing this book. I'll get back to this forum after a while with an update.

I was so impressed by this book that I bought "Fastlane Millionaire" too in a hope to avoid missing something valuable covered in that book and now have gone through few chapters of it. It seems that some content is repeated but I'm gonna get to the end and find out.

Last edited:

Second Act

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Oct 7, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Listened to this first and went straight on to Fastlane. Great, inspiring and a kick up the arse. A real no-BS book. As much as I loved hearing MJ narrate Fastlane, the narrator of Unscripted was awesome and the sound quality was really professional. These two books are exactly what I need right now. I went and also got the Kindle versions to refer back to. It's easier to find key stuff in print.

Celtic Guardian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Oct 16, 2018
Monterey California
I have read unscripted . The best thing I learned is encounter problems as you meet them. It's impossible to have foreknowledge on every aspect and by spending time preparing for uncertain terrain, that is basically action faking. Take action, assess, adjust and try again.

Thank you for creating this book, I will continue using it as a reference to help me in my journey.

crazywisdom

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 7, 2018
I've read Unscripted - and it was frigging awesome! I'm very happy to write a review on Amazon ... Three highlights for here: 1. You finding a cheque (Aussie spelling) for $11,000 buried under papers in your car - "The check sat lost in my car for weeks, not cashed, not missed, and not needed". How I would love to share that story as my own personal anecdote - just brilliant! 2. Description of "WHERE LIFE CHANGES: THE ENTREPRENEURIAL G-SPOT! .... the day when the SCRIPT ends and you no longer exist but live". Such a vivid, inspiring shift in consciousness to work towards. 3. This is embarrassing - but I really never quite understood that I have been labouring under the mindset of a "money-chaser ... stalking money "like a tyrant aspiring for the emperor's throne".(Although it does explain quite a lot:lol ...) However, after reading this book, I now see my business goal as receiving value vouchers for the value (applying TUNEF) I produce, communicate and deliver to the world. Thanks for writing Unscripted , MJ.

Blake_Writes

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 13, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
Future colleagues,
I finished Unscripted last night at 3am. I was so fired up that I couldn't fall asleep for another hour. I generally keep a pretty steady routine, and the last time I stayed up that late involved an old friend and a killer bottle of bourbon.
Once asleep, I literally dreamed about my intro post on this forum and the first business moves I would make. It was so vivid that I woke up thinking I had already done these things!

Unscripted spells out a mindset I've intrinsically known all along, but had somewhat chosen to ignore. I let the scripted life suck me in. Student Loan for a worthless degree. Car payment for more car than I need. 30 year mortgage on a trendy condo. I had what many deemed a cool job. Writing and Producing promos for a national TV network. I got to be creative every day and each week brought new projects, BUT something was always missing - I was promoting others people's shows and movies, not mine.

I've successfully spun parts of those things to the Unscripted mindset:
1) The car is almost payed off and I won't be making that mistake again. In fact, if I need the personal runway I'll sell that thing and tune up my bike!
2) I moved out of the condo and now rent it making it a (small) amount of passive income. Also, the "trendy" part now means that its value has increased by 50% over 4 years. Lucky? Nah, there was 4 years of research that went into that buying decision.
3) Nearing the end of the student loan debt cycle as well. Hopefully it will one day repay me in a way that I cannot envision currently.

I'll have my intro post up today and look forward to the discussion, but to be honest, you won't see me on here too often - there's too much work to do! The clock is ticking, the rush to freedom is on... if you've had your FTE then you understand. I'm sick of that damned nail in my back!

Thanks, @MJ DeMarco for crafting and sharing the most influential book I've ever read.

Last edited:

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018
Read this book.

I've read The Millionaire Fastlane like half a year ago and introduced myself here. I've got a lot of positive feedback in my thread and tips but (stupid me) I didn't take any action because I 'couldn't' find an idea for business so I gave up after a month or so. Now when I read 'Unscripted ' I know it was all just an excuse to do nothing.

There is a lot of knowledge I want to remember, execute and live according to it.
That's my plan.

Now I am following @Fox and taking an Udemy course to become a web designer and also creating my first business but mostly in offline world.

If I win I will share, If I fail I will share.

Really thanks for the book @MJ. Even tho I still have to work on my mindset, the book already made the huge impact on me.

TM

Last edited:

FelipeVilas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 2, 2016
Spain
I have finished reading UNSCRIPTED yesterday and have been running around with a lot of energy, struggling a little bit to start doing something valuable and with more long-term focus. It is time for me to leave behind the "I will try this for a while" mindset and really look into building a produtocracy.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Now I am following @Fox and making an Udemy course to become a web designer and also creating my first business but mostly in offline world.

Making or taking a course?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.