The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Aaron_S

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Mar 1, 2018
USA
Great book. Lead me here and to read TMF.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Dogmeat

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 31, 2018
Done, I read both books a while back. I listen to audiobooks all the time, so I go through them quickly and most of them fade from memory in a hurry. But these two, especially Unscripted, have stuck in my mind.

PureDirect

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 25, 2018
Germany
I finished it yesterday. I have no idea how you came up with all the concepts and frameworks or where you learned them, but the end result is amazing. It reminded me of this quote:

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
It's a very meaty book, but every part is equally important.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether everyone is able and willing to travel the UNSCRIPTED journey, because a lot of people I know don't want to take responsibility and cherish the seemingly low stakes, low pressure situation of a "stable" job. They can take their sick days without having to worry about a thing. But that's a discussion for another timer.

Shirkahn

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 6, 2018
Connecticut
I’ve read Unscripted and loved it - was a bit long at times compared to TMF but definitely worth it.
It was most definitely more in detail than TMF but loved both and they truly contributed to my life.

Just do it.

nickScott1980.

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 22, 2018
Detroit, MI
Im on round 2 of unscripted. Ive read MFL about 3 times. As everyone knows, fricking amazing book...

MJ - Please read my intro. I swear I'm your long lost cousin from Detroit (J/K) I felt like I knew you throughout the entire book. Cant thank you enough for the grit and honesty required to make this. THANK YOU!

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
Wichita Kansas
Got it on Audible, was every bit as amazing as I thought it would be.

I think my favorite takeaway is how consistently you drill into our brains how important it to realize that:

1. Comparing yourself to others is such a massive waste of time, because there is always someone better than you.

2. These people who live Unscripted lives don't have any special gifts or talents that we have never heard of, but rather they focus on problems, and then following through on solutions until it succeeds or fails. You can build the talent and skills necessary for this lifestyle, but the hard part is the sacrifice and commitment (until you start to hit the positive feedback loop!).

Speaking of sacrifice, I love that you hit on that point as well in the execution chapter. Balance will be compromised, because your time needs to be spent in this area more so than others, so that you can keep the process going and reap the rewards.

F Wings

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 27, 2018
Finland
Read, or rather listened it. Looking forward to listening it again after I've finished MFL.

Definitely in the top three, if not the best non fiction books I've ever read.

Nannibal

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 20, 2015
Wisconsin
I just finished Unscripted after having read MFL for the second time recently. I was worried it was going to be a rehash of MFL but I found the second half of the book to be very good. It helped me to confirm that what I want to do is worth the effort and that I am on the right track with how I am choosing to live my life.

Pavlos

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 2, 2018
Germany
I read it! Half a year ago! So overall i got the MFL 1 year ago, Unscripted half a year ago and now i reread MFL again. Every half year i got a big pulse of MJ by reading his books. In parallel im here, getting the daily dose.
So this is an impact, i have to say, only a few people had in my life and I don´t even know you MJ DeMarco.
So for this and every next pulse i get, thank you!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

fsromain

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 4, 2018
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED!

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane!

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

Hi MJ, I read few months ago this nugget, thanks a lot.

AlexDep89

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 6, 2018
Belgium
Thanks to this forum I learned about the book unscripted. I read it and realized that all this time of job hopping, only enjoying a new job for a couple of months,... is not my fault, I was just blinded by the script. Now my eyes are open.

Stankosy

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 4, 2018
Singapore
Hey guys,
I havent read Unscripted yet, but looking forward to it and currently wondering how is it different from TFM?
TFM also contains the "avoid the common path", "build up a money tree" etc. where it seems there is a lot of overlap in both books?
Feel free to share your thoughts and experience.
Thanks

Legend

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 11, 2018
Nashville, TN
Hey guys,
I havent read Unscripted yet, but looking forward to it and currently wondering how is it different from TFM?
TFM also contains the "avoid the common path", "build up a money tree" etc. where it seems there is a lot of overlap in both books?
Feel free to share your thoughts and experience.
Thanks
@Stankosy I had the same thought before picking up Unscripted. The best way for me to describe it is TMF is Entrepreneurship 101 and Unscripted is Entrepreneurship 201. TMF blew my mind, but Unscripted made it actually sink in.

GradyS

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2018
North Carolina
Almost finished with Unscripted, and it basically mirrors a nagging feeling I've had for the past 5-6 years. I've read several of the "4 hour" type books, and I've been so frustrated seeing multiple "entrepreneurs" selling courses on how to be successful, and the only reason they are successful is by selling courses.

I want to provide value. I have a deep desire to do something that matters and actually HELP people. I'm in sales now and all I feel like I'm doing is moving product around and it doesn't matter. If I leave tomorrow, I'm just repleaced by another suit with a brochure. That's no way to live. I want TIME. I want someone's life to be better because of something I did.

I know this is just a baby step, but it's at least a little farther than I was yesterday.

Gray Blimp

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 21, 2016
I finished this. Good book. I can relate to the separating friendships thing. One can only speculate on how those certain old relationships could have dragged you down.

Fassina

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 13, 2018
Brazil
This is one of the best books I've ever read. I read fastlane a couple years back, it was great but it didn't click (probably my fault) I understood it, but did not apply it.

A couple years into the future and a couple failed ventures after I've read Unscripted. Very helpful, and made me apply some changes I needed, mainly not respecting CENTS.

Chris Franklin

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 30, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I just finished this! I think it is even better than Fastlane was, which I thought would be hard! I am definitely applying these concepts to my own venture and I am already seeing a positive impact. Great stuff!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Yeah, your youtube channel is incredible and all the videos I have seen so far are really great...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom