The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

G

Guest24480

Finally got a chance to pick up Unscripted . It's been a few years since I read TMF so it was nice to revisit some of the core tenets of the Fastlane philosophy.

My biggest takeaways were in regards to mindset. MJ, it's clear you've been paying attention to the forums and some of the common trends that people tend to exhibit when they've been sucked into 'playing entrepreneur'.

Overall, it felt like you were really speaking to those who understand the philosophy but have trouble putting it into practice or solidifying their purpose. This helped me uncover some of the mindset issues that I've been struggling with recently. I loved what you said about the FTE and being able to put one's ego aside. That's something I've struggled with time and time again, and it made me realize that I've been approaching this for the wrong reasons all along.

Good stuff!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
and I am currently reading this wonderful new book from MJ. This book has put into words so much of my life, thoughts, and feelings that I could never share. While I have always created my own companies, my own friends and family continually try to get me on the scripted sidewalk. I have done it many times thinking, what am I missing? Every time it has been a huge waste of my time and effort. I always felt cheated from the one thing I value most, my time! Value vouchers be damned, those come and go, but time is all we have of real value and I want to use it to the best possible and meaningful way I can! This book helps me realize just some of what that is! Thank you MJ!

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Just finished this masterpiece today. Ready to dive back in for more. Thank you, MJ, for the VALUE you have provided. When it is all said and done, your words will live on to affect the next generation of entrepreneurial masterminds. You already have me spreading the word to others... a true productocracy. I imagine the value-vouchers are coming in at full force after this one. Kick back and relax in UNSCRIPTED fashion, you've earned it.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
Reading Unscripted made me cry...

MJ, I did notice it, you spend a lot of time in your book ranting about SJWs, about all the PC culture and how they're f*cking everything up with their nonsense.

It's funny because a year ago I didn't even know what an SJW was until one day while looking for some game development tutorials the excellent YouTube algorithm puts on its "videos you may like" section a video about some feminist saying that videogames are sexist and that they promote mistreatment towards women.

DAMN ME! I was stupid enough to click and watch it and it blew my mind so hard than there I was little me watching video after video about these guys, poor bastards, oppressed by we all evil Society.

I couldn't believe it! And the hole goes deeper and deeper, I couldn't stop I just dug and dug up into the crap. Their claims are so ludicrous and their demands so ridiculous that I couldn't believe these guys (sorry for assuming your gender) were for real.

It took me months until I could recover from the shock and somehow go back into my routine. I admit I got addicted to watch SJWs saying stupid shit and anti-SJWs burning them alive (just on the Internets of course).

Still there was some damage, my focus wasn't 100% and it has been going up and down for a while.

So one day I remembered that you released your new book and I thought: "Hmm. The Millionaire Fastlane really turned my entrepeneurial engines on this may help too".

There was one part of my mind that was hoping for some short of quick goal setting technique like SMART goals because that has helped me in the past.

BAM! Ask and you shall receive, you gave it to me.

Having this part satisfied allowed me to really immerse myself in what you say.

Reading Unscripted makes me take a look in what I've done, my failures, my successes, my vision of the world, my frustration or even anger when I see the unfairness of professional victims trying to get their way, my values.

This introspection has been gaining momentum until I got to the chapter in which you talk about the "Why", about my passion...

That's when it happened, I had this unstoppable emotional surge and I started crying in a cathartic event because in that very moment I found my "why", I realized what's been moving me to pursuit "the Fastlane".

My family. My mother and brother.

We haven't had a great life but I can't complain, in fact I feel very lucky. I've born with some talents that they lack but instead of feeling bad or blaming me like SJWs would do, they support me and care even when I make huge mistakes.

I honor their support and love with my efforts and I will continue helping even better when results come.

Cheers, gentlemen.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
I completed Unscripted .

Interesting as much of the first chapters are thought's I've had for a long time, I was taken off guard that's the direction the book started since I've never read anyone put those similar thoughts in a business book.

It hammers away at the most critical part of success that many don't -- your underlying thought process.

Good read.

Ezfreedom

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Dec 2, 2016
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks MJ for the the great read! (or in my case the great listen). With my frenetic quasi entrepreneurial schizophrenial behavior I'm truly thankful for the time you spent developing the framework. Yes the framework! Something to use as a guide, a template, even a qualifier to keep myself from starting in a direction that I have no business going in (pun intended). You have added value here and are appreciated. Thanks again, bud. (I like the narrator, but after hearing you on TMF , I still wish you would have recorded it in your voice, lol.)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

D

Deleted50472

I'm going through the book for the second time. I'll admit, I skipped to the 2nd half since I haven't had a "real job" for nearly a decade. But, I'll also admit, I have Figure 20 (The Unscripted Money System) taped up on my wall. I've also driven my wife crazy talking about it :).

Sam Sciascia

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 30, 2017
Chicago
I just finished the kindle version yesterday, And the Audio Book today. I really like your Non-PC writing style. I also grew up in an Sicillian/Italian/American family, So your Blunt, Screw your Feelings- Direct Approach - was like getting yelled at by the "Old Man", And it felt Great.

DanInSyd

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Nov 7, 2016
Finished listening to UNSCRIPTED this week. Like many others here, I wish I head some of this advice 10 years ago, as it definitely gives you a fresh perspective on yourself (if you have an open mind that is).

Great narration actually, although I was surprised not to hear your voice MJ! It's funny as I actually started off thinking how negative the book was, mainly where you talk about 'most people' (working 70 hour weeks, not being proactive etc), and I found myself thinking i maybe wasnt the right audience. I soon realised that this was probably because I didn't need the reality check of something like that to change my mindset, reading TMF helped a few years back.

I will certainly recommend this to others, and I learned a whole load from it. Now, to put it all in to practice. Thanks again. Dan

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Ripe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
May 25, 2017
NL
Indeed a great addition to TMF . Read the physical book as well as listened the audio version. Amazing insights, a lot of it also helps me explain the mindset to other people.

I only missed MJ's voice in the audio version like in TMF .. it's just different if someone else reads it. But on the other hand, if I had the choice to narrate for hours or hire someone I'd do the same ;)

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Just finished my 'Unscripted ' Audiobook (I have the Kindle version). Absolutely loved it, I love just how brutally honest you are. The world needs more MJ DeMarco's.

ejames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 5, 2015
New York
Unscripted was great. When i first listened to it i was kind of disappointed by the narrators voice at first but quickly got over it. What I liked about the fast lane was MJ brought a certain passion which you felt in the audio book.

Kevin Falting

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 1, 2017
Wichita
Listened to it, then bought the book. Listening again.
I made a wallpaper for my phone that just says "I guess it just doesn't hurt bad enough." It's a reminder.

Trs_Shup

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 27, 2017
Rusk Texas
Great read! The Audiobook is great too! The book goes on my top shelf with all the best to re-read yearly.
:smile:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.