The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MillerJet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 10, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Just finished the book on a 12 hour flight home...thanks for opening my eyes and smacking me in the face with the truth behind becoming wealthy. Not something I shouldn't have already known, but I love the fact that most people (including myself) want to become wealthy from some magically forumla, when in the end it just comes down to an idea(s) and some old fashioned hard work. Thanks again, I hope to join you on the fast lane soon enough.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chris Becker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 11, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I am glad I read The Millionaire Fastlane . I first heard about it on an interview MJ did on a podcast a couple months ago, and bought it based on the story I heard during the conversation (Smart Passive Income podcast). The most important thing in this book is the focus on the process of becoming successful. To pull a quote from the movie Fight Club, "We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't." A lot of us in my generation expect a lot without much effort. I've been guilty of that myself. Understand that process is where the real success is and you CAN be a movie star, a rock star, or a millionaire. Thanks for spreading the word on it, MJ!

dboykas

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 11, 2011
Thank you.

I loved finding a book that quantified what I have been thinking as I've gotten older, there must be something else because the accepted path is not what I had in mind.
An engineering degree, three kids, direct sales and blogging alongside several years of homeschooling my kids has increased my desire to have a passive income so I can truly start living and teach my kids to do the same.
Thank you for clarifying my thoughts, giving me a way to share my ideas with my husband (he will be reading your book next) and giving me questions to decipher which of my income ideas will work.

ArnyHandelman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
May 20, 2011
Love the book. I think the concepts in it are life-changing. Especially things like scale, execution of ideas.
There are a few concepts that initially seem to contradict each other. For example, start a small local store business, and you're just creating a job. But if you multiply it, cookie-cutter, into a large number of stores, you've changed it into the fast lane. So how do you know that starting a small local business is slow lane? The answer is your intention. Some people are happy to have one store, make a living from it, and ultimately sell it and retire.
Many of such single stores have to be closed down when the owner retires, because no one will buy it. So he missed the cashing in part of getting wealth. Sometimes the owner buys the building (not if it's in a mall) the store is in, and that's a good investment long term. B ut if your intention is to iron out the bugs in the system, make the store run smoothly without you being there, and then multiply it, that's on the road to the fastlane.

Another seeming contradiction, is that investing won't make you rich fastlane, and often not even slowlane. So creating a business or activity with scale is the way to go, not investing. However it's not a contradiction--the book stresses that wealthy people use investing, in the ordinary sense of the word, to maintain their wealth and create passive income. But they don't do it to get rich in the first place. (unless you're in the investing business).

I've always felt that the best place to invest is in your own entrepreneurial activity. Why? As MJ says, you have the element of control. Seymour Schulich, a billionaire, sometimes wears a T-shirt that says: I wasn't born to be someone else's promotee. In other words, as MJ says, fast lane entrepreneurs are franchisors, not franchisees.

My favorite saying in the book: eat, live and shit your project. I've modified it for myself: eat, sleep, shit and live your project. So you're even thinking about your entrepreneurial business when you're sleeping. You enlist your subconscious mind to help. I wake up with good ideas that have obviously been fomenting in my mind while I'm asleep.

I think the book is one of the great entrepreneurial works of all time.

Arny Handelman

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
MJ,

Just signed up from the Netherlands.

Read your book and am impressed by its quality.
I am a 48 yr old smal business owner with and MBA, 23 yrs of experience in business and I read probably over 200 business books.
I also wrote 4 books about venture capital.

And I fully concur with the view that your book is at this point the best business book ever.
I am referring it to anyone who wants to understand business.

Thanks for the great content.
Look forward to your next products, whatever they are.

Henny

GlassCannon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jun 15, 2011
I read the book a few months ago, spent some time on the forum, and am working on rereading it.

Thanks for writing it and providing this forum!

NikGR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Aug 12, 2011
I' ve finished the book and i thought it was fashinating!
Now I am ready to start my financial - lifestyle trip!

Birdoftruth

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 11, 2011
I read the book over 5 days and took extensive notes on it. IT actually ended up being a condensed version as I just took very important lines from the book and put it in a document with actionable statements.

millionairesol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Aug 11, 2011
Still reading the book. Now on chapter 31. Though a slow reader, I really think it deserves studying and not just reading. Today's lessons: Never use what you love to start or hope to grow a business. Solve a problem or fix a need for millions of people and the millions will come dropping at your feet and begging you to pick them. My head has been hot since this evening trying to figure out what solutions I am going to create and provide to serve millions around the world. I have seperated being self employed from owning a business. Gradually I am narrowing down my activities, and passion is gradually getting the greater part of me now-no more love for what I do. The book is more than a treasure. Thanks for the book, MJ!

millionairesol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Aug 11, 2011
What is business ownnership without CONTROL?
Lack of business control is what sends over 95% of businesses to their early graves. I will never be a passenger in my business again. Rather than join a Network Marketing Company, I will create one. Rather than join a matrix program, I will create one. Very soon I will have absolute control! CONTROL is Commandment number3 in the 5 Fastlane Commandments. A revolution is taking place in my life already.:yourock:

LPMcCart

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 15, 2011
Read the book. Thanks MJ. It was a refreshing approach that cuts out the BS.

Bing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Aug 5, 2011
Finished the book this weekend -- awesome work! I filed for an LLC part-way through and already know what framework I'm planning on using for my Fastlane. Now I just need to decide on a specific good/service to provide and build it up from there.

Thanks for the great book MJ! Hopefully I'll have a success story to share soon.

LouM

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 15, 2011
Goldendale, Washington.
Wow. A book about money making without posturing, pandering, or pretending. It's crazy enough to work! I'm not a joiner, yet here I am posting on a forum. Thanks for the inspiration.

minn131

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 31, 2011
I read the book....Awesome! I'm sure you went through a lot to bring that book to fruition. You very well may have changed the world (or at least the view of it) for a lot of people--including me.

Thanks, MJ
Aloha!

Minn

BEd-to-EI

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 16, 2011
PEI, Canada
I am currently reading the book and while I am almost done, I decided to take the authors advice and make a move right now by surrounding myself with fastlane drivers. Therefore I decided to check out this forum.

This book has definitely already been an eye opener for me. I can particularly identify with chapter 13’s section on slowlane entrapment. I was one of the many individuals of the belief that an expensive university education is the way to a better life. I graduated four years ago with two university degrees and since then have been jumping from contract job to contract job, continually moving for the next available temporary position and all the while struggling to pay off student loans. My education has indeed become ‘marginalized and devalued’ as well the specific skill set I have acquired does not seem to be as valuable today as it was once considered.

Thank you for opening my eyes and helping me come to the realization that allowing my financial situation to be in the hands of potential employers is no longer a path that is acceptable for me. Time to start brainstorming how I can help others!

CashFlow Skyler

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 15, 2011
Got the book, read the book, loved the book.

Big fan of what is in the book and bigger fan of how it was written. I hope that a novice can pick up this book and appreciate it as much as someone who has actually gone out and put in the hard work and learned how to appreciate those that are successful rather than write them off as lucky.

Great job and I look forward to reading up on this forum.

Nathan M

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 10, 2011
I met a member on the forum (not sure which one), and he recommended this book to me. I looked it up, ordered it off of amazon, got it, and read it.

Needless to say, it was very motivational for me and has convinced me that computer science is indeed the road I want to travel.

I went to the library, picked up some books on web design/programming and I am now in the process of developing my first website.

Thanks MJ! :cool:

DuPont

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 24, 2011
MJ I have read the book in fact I have posted this once before and I could have swore you posted the icon FastLane Graduate on my profile stating that I read the book but it is no longer there. Just curious as to what happened to my icon.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just curious as to what happened to my icon.

I haven't updated the icons in a few weeks; been on my list and I'll get to them this week.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks, finally updated everyone with their icons. The icon also gives you blog permissions. Thanks for the patience!!

Jon Bard

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 17, 2011
Fort Collins, CO
Read it. Loved it. Hit me like a 2 by 4 right between the eyes.

I've been a singles hitter. Now I'm ready to swing for the fences :)

regantp

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 16, 2011
Great Book

I'm an Accounting major in college but know I never want to be an Accountant crunching numbers for the next 50 years of my life. I knew I wanted to start my own business but never really knew where to start without having some great technology or ground breaking product. Until reading book, I was resigned to just enjoying school thinking that life would only go downhill from here.

I've read several entrepreneurship and business books but I could immediately tell that The Millionaire Fastlane was much different. It's the best book I have ever read and shows that you don't have to be some Ivy League tech nerd to create a great money tree. I'm no longer going to college to pad my Resume and get a job, but to learn valuable skills that will help me to accelerate into the fastlane!

Rokusha

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 18, 2011
Just finished reading the book, which was one of the best books about creating a successful business, I've read so far. It was also the reason for me to take a look around on this forum, and I must say I really like it!

thomasofure

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 18, 2011
Thank Goodness I read this Book at age 30

After graduating from the University in 2003, I have always had the fastlane mentality, but I thought I was mad. Now I know better !!! My 7 years plus of mortgaging my creativity and wealth for meagre pay check ...(pure waste) will now be substituted with the Fastlane Mentality. Thanks to MJ DeMarco for writing this book .

Ofure from Lagos, Nigeria

mulberrymuse

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 17, 2011
New York, New York
I can't thank you enough for writing this book and getting it out there. This book changed my life, and less than a week after finishing it, I've already come up with some ideas to get on the Fastlane with many more ideas to come. In fact, the road ahead is so clear and I don't think I've ever been this excited about getting to my work. Thank you so much for showing me what is possible and that I, too, can achieve it.

lawdog12355

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 19, 2011
I've been a lurker on here for a while, finally bit the bullet and registered. I've read The Fastlane Millionaire and I'll say it is a very different way of thinking about business opposed to the way you're taught in a university setting!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.