The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Good topic. I think what I found most enthralling is understanding that you can be slowlane and be considered in society as quite successful. The societal blinders, if you will, are placed neatly upon some of the most prestigious individuals within communities. But what separates the fastlaners is breaking out beyond those bounds.

There is the current wave you can hop on to ride your way to a success. That wave is what society tells you to ride. But the fastlaners own the wave, they are the Ocean creating the currents so that waves can be ridden by the slowlaners.

:)

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
I had a few more pages to read this morning and finished it before coming into work. (shhh -- don't tell anyone I'm on the site from work). I've read a lot of books on investing and sometimes get distracted if I'm not careful. It's too easy to jump from one fastlane to another if you're not careful. In the one area where you mentioned RE, I came to that conclusion a little over a year ago. SFHs takes a lot of TIME. It is a great way to make passive income but you have to have a lot of homes especially if you want the income to take the place of your job's income. Overal it's a great book. My next step is to post it on my Facebook page.

Tom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ForestL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 6, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
I just finished it, very eye opening. By far the best self-help book I have read. There was times while reading that I pictured you from across the coffee table raising your voice at me and shaking your finger at my face, because you are so passionate in trying to get your point in to my head. Thank You for writing it and Thank You for not quitting on it.-Forest

Infinity

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 2, 2009
I read the book. I really liked it, agrees with my beliefs for the most part. Now the tough part of building that multi-million dollar lump sum...

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Just got my book today and I can't put it down. Honestly I haven't felt this way about reading a new book since I first picked up rich dad poor dad years ago (which helped point me to where I am today).

Now I certainly don't want to put the 2 books in the same category (I think that I've grown past the nature of that book over the last few years, and I think that some of us here share the same opinion of Mr. Kiyosaki), so let me explain: when reading that book years ag, I got the feeling in my gut that, yes, it IS possible to live the dream, to own my own business and not slave away. It was a persistent feeling that gave me hope and actually caused me to make quite a few life changing decisions at that time (one example: quitting my factory job and going into sales... with a kid on the way. Any 'normal' person would have stuck with the secure factory job instead of taking a leap into the commission based world, but I wanted to learn marketing and sales).

And now, I am reading through the 1st few chapters of MJs book and I am getting that old familiar feeling back, only this time, I am more educated and more determined and have already started down a particular path. I think this book will only make me more focused, even more determined and more confident that I am doing the right thing by working on my business (instead of loading up the new starcraft or something).

And it's been an excellent read so far MJ, and much better than I expected. Very impressed. It's strange how discovery and 'out of the box' thinking can lead one down a different path. Years ago I picked up Rich Dad, Poor Dad from Borders. Found the RDPF forum, which led me to this forum, which led me to discover the path that I am taking now. And now I get the privilege of digesting the honest wisdom of a self made millionaire and I can only imagine what different paths lay ahead.

(Really trying hard not to sound cheesey here :) Just trying to be as sincere as I can).

Scout

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 24, 2009
NJ
Just hit chapter 10! These early chapters are forcing some good solid humble reflections (thank you). I've been getting back in the habit of making a bookmark out of card stock and scribbling down words or quotes that pop out while I read a book. Acts a good review when you go back to a book a few months/years later. The list so far:

"Change Your Choices"
Family
Fitness
Freedom
Responsibility
Accountability

More to read...:coffee:

smashing1989

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 11, 2010
bit of i high jack so im sorry but just a quick question...is there anyway to get the book sent over to the other side of the pond? :)

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Just finished reading through the roadmaps and I really am a lousy driver. Sometimes I get in the fastlane and sometimes I careen onto the sidewalk due to past failures and frustrations. More so with my distant past than today but Im like a drunk driver! Not exactly sure how to remedy the situation but MY first pass through the book has given me awareness that I am driving drunk (figuratively speaking of course)

Thanks MJ for pointing out the right lane. The best book I have read. And I read a lot of books. Probably why I am drunk driving.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
bit of i high jack so im sorry but just a quick question...is there anyway to get the book sent over to the other side of the pond? :)

Amazon.com (non UK version) or ViperionPublishing.com (also in PDF version to avoid shipping)

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
I've read the book and I'm making my mother and room-mates read it as well. This book is a wealth of knowledge packed into a very easy read! I knew it would contain amazing information, however I was legitimately surprised at how well written it was.

The Law of Effection was by far my favorite part of the book. I think you really captured the essence of success in business here... If I had to recommend/choose one line from the book that touched me the most, it would be this:

"The more lives you affect in an entity you control in scale and/or magnitude, the richer you become"

I believe this is the essence of the Fastlane described in one sentence.

-Zach

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007

Yeah, I am sitting here with the same question? I guess I can order it from Amazon and wait for 3 weeks before it is here. But are there other options?

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
I haven't read the book but just ordered my copy on amazon.

My buddy was telling me how awesome it is.

Thanks for creating a great book for all of us to create amazing results with MJ!

livebig

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 23, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I've finally finished this book! Now it's time to read it again. There's so much good info, I have to read it again. Actually, I've made a plan that I'm going to read a chapter per day just to keep me motivated. :)

You have truly given the world a gift, MJ. The most succinct, passionate book on wealth creation I've come across yet, and I've come across a lot! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Because of you, I have no doubt I will become a millionaire very soon.

Michael

veli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jun 11, 2008
I live in Norway, and my book arrived only 10 days after ordering through Amazon. Not had time finishing it, but guess Ill read the last half of the book this evening :)

TaiMyShu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 23, 2008
Boston, MA
1/2 way through with the book. Very well written, and a definite motivational factor! I've been working on my business idea for the past two years, and your book not only re-ignite my motivation, but also gave me a valid discipline to create a brand.

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
Just finished the book during a vacation in Mexico :smxF:
I enjoyed the read, and I already bought a copy to my brother and shipped it overseas.
I think that the things I enjoyed the most were the down to earth examples and metaphors, and the open, honest approach.
Another thing I really enjoy is that now I have the "Fastlane Doctorine" organized in one book for reference, contemplation and motivation.

The read was a little hard for me for the following reasons:
1) English is not my native language - and the writing style was harder for me to read than other books I've read on the subject.
2) The book's graphic felt a little unfriendly to me (small text and spacings).
3) I have already learned many of the concepts through this forum and other books. Therefor, since the first half of the book is directed to the average joe with 50k$ in debt who thinks his 401K and job will make him rich, The first half felt like repeating a class you got an A+ in for the second time.

Anyways, thanks again for writing the book! :eusa_clap:

TaiMyShu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 23, 2008
Boston, MA
Hey MJ!

I think I found a typo on page 147. The closing statement to "Big Wealth Follows Big Number", within the end of the last comment it states the following, "Thing big to earn big."

I know this microscopic error isn't an importance in delivering your message, I just find it hilarious. BTW, love your cynicism that you've injected into the book...it gives a personal feel as if your talking to me directly to wake the "F" up from the BS I've been taught and told. LOVE IT!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
bit of a high jack so im sorry but just a quick question...is there anyway to get the book sent over to the other side of the pond? :)

Just order it on amazon:

Amazon.com: The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime. (9780984358106): MJ DeMarco: Books: Reviews, Prices & more

Someone posted yesterday that it got to England in a week, w/only $8 shipping.

Looks like they even have a kindle edition now-- so that would be even faster! :banana:

-Russ H.

Kazarian

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 31, 2010
UK
Just order it on amazon:

Amazon.com: The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime. (9780984358106): MJ DeMarco: Books: Reviews, Prices & more

Someone posted yesterday that it got to England in a week, w/only $8 shipping.

Looks like they even have a kindle edition now-- so that would be even faster! :banana:

-Russ H.

I've just ordered mine to the UK and it totalled £15.00. Granted it may take 3 weeks to arrive but from the reviews the books been getting it should be well worth the wait.

David

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
Sydney
Hi MJ,

I have recently just recieved the book after 2 weeks of waiting in transit. I would like to say thank you personally for signing my copy of the book (even though it was limited to US). Will be getting stuck into this book after college exams, just can't wait!

David - from Australia

petethepeddler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Sep 2, 2010
PA / NY
I've read the book. Thanks for unveiling the reasons behind some of my failures. Between this forum and the book, I'm sure I'm on the right road (or at least headed toward the right road). Thanks again!

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I too finished the book...!

MJ,

Congratulations on a wonderful resource for people who have been told to drink the Kool-Aid, but yet refuse to. The cliche of benefiting from one good idea found in a book is not far from the truth -- I can point to at least five solid ideas I received via your tome.

In particular, the section where you deal with "treasonous choices" was arguably the most illuminating part of the book for me. As I read your words, thoughts of "bad decisions made" danced through my head. I am dealing with the residue of some of those choices, currently. And let me tell you, sometimes I wish I can go back and smack some sense into my younger self. It would save me a lot of grief that I am dealing with, now.

However, dwelling on the past will not help me in the future. Your book was a damn good reminder of that fact.

Thanks again, MJ, for a much needed wake up call.:hurray:

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
I'll be finishing the book today while @ work.

The Law of Effection succinctly describes the fastlane in my opinion.

It was definitely worth the wait, and even though I've been a steady lurker for quite some time on this site, I still learned a lot.

I love your 5 Commandments of Business: Need, Entry, Control, Scale, and Time. Five concrete factors to determine whether or not it will be worth the time to pursue a business venture.

I enjoyed getting the lessons hammered down into my skull of Scale and Magnitude. It really left an impression on what is needed in order to hit the fastlane.

To sum, I feel as if I grasp the main picture on going fastlane after reading this book. Also, it was a nice kick in the a$$ as well.

Thanks MJ!

AJ.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2010
Read it two times, and I keep on re-reading Parts.
The information is 'fundamental'.

Thank you for this book MJ, in my opinion, an instant classic.
( I recommend this book any day of the year before suggesting Think and Grow Rich (gasp) and Richest Man in Babylon (nod).

From the plans I had, and the business I'm growing, now I have goals that are ever more clear.
Most importantly, I can now judge them as to bringing me closer to wealth (Fastlane).

Thanks for the book, and for these forums!

-- AJ

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I was reading think and grow rich from some recommendations and its the same as the secret. I believe in the loe and not the loa. I couldn't even keep reading it after Mjs book. I got a few others that were recommended.

What Rich People Know & Desperately Want to Keep Secret
Brian Sher

Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
Gary Vaynerchuk

Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
Jim Collins

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders