The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

IT Consultant new to forum

itmap

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 7, 2017
Palm Harbor, FL
I am a IT consultant living in Florida. I have my own LLC I would like to get into starting up my own business and getting more customers. I am in the middle of reading the book. I currently have a website, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest page. Just nervous to get the plane started and get it running down the runway. Fear and self doubt is always a big issue to taking the leap.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I am a IT consultant living in Florida. I have my own LLC I would like to get into starting up my own business and getting more customers. I am in the middle of reading the book. I currently have a website, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest page. Just nervous to get the plane started and get it running down the runway. Fear and self doubt is always a big issue to taking the leap.
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your intro.

I'm an ex IT consultant/contractor myself.

This radio interview might help you:

Last edited by a moderator:

itmap

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 7, 2017
Palm Harbor, FL

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

itmap

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 7, 2017
Palm Harbor, FL

itmap

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 7, 2017
Palm Harbor, FL
Like how? You don't know the solution to customer's problem?
Just nervous that I will not know something, like when a future customer asks me a particular question about a specific technology. I don't want to feel like I am a fake. When it comes to technology I have a wide range of things I know and fix many solutions. I guess I am worried about the holes.

itmap

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 7, 2017
Palm Harbor, FL
Like how? You don't know the solution to customer's problem?
My avatar picture is a good example I did 80 percent of that work, but I needed assistance on 20 percent. I feel like if I own a business that I have to have all the answers right then and there and be able to do everything a customer asks of me to be successful.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Just nervous that I will not know something, like when a future customer asks me a particular question about a specific technology. I don't want to feel like I am a fake. When it comes to technology I have a wide range of things I know and fix many solutions. I guess I am worried about the holes.

You will never, ever, have all of the answers. EVER. So get over it and get crackin'!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Small world, I'm not too far from you. Welcome to the forum. Make sure you check out the Gold Threads.

Also, there's never a good time. Just pull the trigger and hang on for the ride.

After you finish MJ's book, I'd highly recommend checking out Ready, Fire, Aim.

itmap

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 7, 2017
Palm Harbor, FL

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As the business owner, our job isn't to have the answers, but to ask the right questions.

As an IT consultant you're always confronted by unknowns. Your job is to resolve them. It's a strength that IT guys often have - they know their job is to get over a series of hurdles, some of which they will have never encountered.

A weakness IT guys often have is they completely forget how they normally work (as a problem solver), and think they need to have the perfectly working solution before they release it. "Measure twice, cut once" has a lot to answer for imo.

In that radio interview I specifically said I don't use AdWords to generate leads for my own business. I prefer building relationships with people I already know.

I also mention my favourite business quote, which is by Mother Theresa:

"Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest to you."

My favourite piece of sales advice, especially in the beginning is:

itmap

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 7, 2017
Palm Harbor, FL
As the business owner, our job isn't to have the answers, but to ask the right questions.

As an IT consultant you're always confronted by unknowns. Your job is to resolve them. It's a strength that IT guys often have - they know their job is to get over a series of hurdles, some of which they will have never encountered.

A weakness IT guys often have is they completely forget how they normally work (as a problem solver), and think they need to have the perfectly working solution before they release it. "Measure twice, cut once" has a lot to answer for imo.

In that radio interview I specifically said I don't use AdWords to generate leads for my own business. I prefer building relationships with people I already know.

I also mention my favourite business quote, which is by Mother Theresa:

"Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest to you."

My favourite piece of sales advice, especially in the beginning is:
Thank you very much for your feedback. I truly appreciate it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...