The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I will start sharing some of the TXTS from the network.

From MJ....

I need to hire a new lawyer. Called one on Tues and left a voicemail, stressing urgency. To date, my call hasn't been returned. When (if?) I hear back, I will NOT be hiring this lawyer, despite a slick website and good reviews. Lesson: Negative skew = deal-killers that force buyers to other businesses. Fix neg skew = more $. Not calling me back in 5 days? Nope, next! Have great weekend! MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
To date, my call hasn't been returned.

I’ve noticed this is common. Every time I try to call an attorney they never answer or return your call.

It’s almost as if they do it on purpose or are trying to hide LOL.

One time I called an attorney and he said “Who are you, what do you want?”. Weird. Lol

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New Network Post from MJ...

It only takes a MINOR shift in perspective to make a MAJOR shift in a lifetime. Never underestimate the power of paradigm shift and what it can mean in 1, 5, 10, or 30 years. You're the CEO of your life. You're the leading role in the movie. In the Great Rat Race Escape I mentioned looking at life like a video game. Grab that joystick ️ and play to win! ~MJ

Move the chains

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Dec 15, 2019
theUnscriptedNetwork.png

If you'd like to keep your Unscripted journey on track, please text me direct at the number above, or click my signature to subscribe.

If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number.

If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text "LAUNCH" to the above number.

If you are in GROWTH/SCALE mode, text "GROWTH" to the above number.

In return, you'll receive periodic text messages direct from me (NOT A VA) -- these text messages can be motivational, strategy-driven, latest books Fastlaner's are recommending, or a new thread/post on the forum with valuable content.

AND IT IS CURRENTLY FREE!

And to answer your question, I do respond to many of the PERSONAL text messages. (SEE BELOW)

View attachment 37284

In other words, this just isn't a massive text mailer, but a personal contact that I will monitor.

Obviously I can't answer every question, but I will definitely do my best.

This is also great if you don't visit the forum as often as you'd like, but still would like to stay atop of any GOLD or NOTABLE threads that might surface from time to time.

As of now, the service is available in US and Canada -- I hope I can have it expanded worldwide soon.

Because it is a TXT service, message and data rates may apply for a maximum of 20 messages per month. Text "STOP" will cancel at anytime.
I'm enjoying the messages. Very thought-provoking! Thanks

Move the chains

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Dec 15, 2019
I’ve noticed this is common. Every time I try to call an attorney they never answer or return your call.

It’s almost as if they do it on purpose or are trying to hide LOL.

One time I called an attorney and he said “Who are you, what do you want?”. Weird. Lol
Yet they'll pay $150 for PPC on Google ;)

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm enjoying the messages

I enjoy the texts as well. This a powerful tool. It’s like getting a text from a friend. “Ping”! Followed by some wisdom or insight.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
TEXT from MJ...

What you are doing, even though it might seem meaningless, DOES matter. KAIZEN as a life philosophy works. I say this cuz I've read a lot of texts from Unplugged Unscriptees who are focusing on daily improvement with their skills and mindset while also working menial jobs. Trust the process. Trust Kaizen. Despite some bill-paying job, your effort will eventually compound into great things!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Text from yesterday...

NOTABLE! - 0 to 10M Users: The Story of Jotform (Value Bomb!) - From
0 users to 10M: don't miss this great value bomb shared on the forum. It's an excellent story which reads like a Fastlane case study reflecting many of the things I've been preaching for the last 10yrs. Yes you can create a profitable biz FAST and w/o investors. Yes you don't need to reinvent the wheel or disrupt. So much more... enjoy!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Text from today...

Muhammad Ali said, "I hated every minute of training", but followed with, "Don't quit. Suffer now & live the rest of your life as a champion." The road to a great life involves suffering & other tedious grinds. Don't buy into guru BS. Victory won't come from shortcuts, hacks, or joyful work. I was willing to "do what I hate": now I can do what I love, living the rest of my life like a champ.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New text...

If u missed the post about 0 users to 10M, the CEO mentioned that "customer service is the new marketing." Couldn't agree more. All biz likes to say, "We provide superior customer service" but few do, like less than 5%. Remember that lawyer I messaged some weeks ago? Still no call back despite some BS about "your call is important to me" - great CS can make an average product/service, great.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Text...
(via @Black_Dragon43 )

A forum user recently said something poignant. "Don't ask a butterfly how to crawl." In wealth terms, you need crawling advice, not flying advice. Advice from a small biz multimillionaire (0 to 10M) might be better advice than wisdom from a billionaire, a guy/gal who hasn't needed to crawl in decades. When you're ready for 9- and 10-figures, perhaps it's time for the billionaire advice.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New text...

At 16, Chuck Norris was hired as a grocery bagger. After 1 day, he was fired for poor work. Afterward, he convinced his boss for 1 more day, a chance to improve & get better. He did. Today he admits this experience changed his life. It made him realize, "If you want to accomplish anything in life, you can't just sit back and hope it will happen. You've got to make it happen." Fight for yourself!

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Signed up on the 20th, I got the first few automated messages, and filled out the form.

I'm not getting any of these messages though.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Signed up on the 20th, I got the first few automated messages, and filled out the form.

I'm not getting any of these messages though.

Text a message to me at the #, I'll see if I have get it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New Text... will bump the other company this is referencing...

Don't fear competing against big biz. Stealing marketshare from Google/Apple, say $50M/rev & $10m/profit could set you up for life. Last month 2 forum stories were posted of small biz snagging market share away from big-tech. FACT: Most people want to do business with small, responsive private companies, not obtuse monolithic corporations. Ever try to get support from FB/Google? SUCKS!!! Advantage: YOU.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last Friday's text...

WEB/DIGITAL - Reaching $500K building a Google Analytics alternative
Not a fan of creating threads only to post a link, but this was another gem I thought would be beneficial to most here.

Hopefully this story can motivate you to stay focused and resilient on...

Following is the link to the story referenced in the last message: From 0 to $500K/ARR competing against Google. Reveals, once again, the power of a Productocracy... via the founder: "If you hear about [us] these days, it likely comes from one of our 4,802 paying customers. People who use and enjoy using Plausible help us spread the word to even more people. We have a $0 paid advertising budget & we don’t have an affiliate program either. We pretty much ignore all the best marketing practices." Good marketing is a good product! Have great weekend! ~ MJ

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
More texts...

Via The Great Rat Race Escape : The definitive guide to living your best life. If you want to live unlike anyone else, the 1%, you can't think like the 99%. This chart explains the difference between someone who lives a Scripted mediocre life, and someone living Unscripted exceptionally. Change your mind, and you change everything.

Link to chart:

Productivity Pro Tips: 1) Every morning write a to-do list, I prefer pen/paper over digital. 2)Tackle urgent/important tasks first 3) Write down “needle moving” goals daily to keep top-of-mind 4) If u think a task will take longer than 2hrs, break it down into component parts: Ex: Task A(33%) Task A(33%) Task A(33%), this fires the feedback loop as u complete, big projects made more manageable!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New text...

Any kind of failure can be simplified into 1 of 3 things: 1) A failure to create value in the market's eyes 2) A failure to communicate (& then execute) on that value or 3) A failure to reach the right folks who WANT your value. If you miss the target on any 3, you will fail. Great value poorly communicated can false flag a fail. The latter 2 proves/disproves 1: It defines when to quit or go on.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New text...

Resource Tip: If you need to find hard-to-find email addresses for marketing and cold outreach, I've heard a lot of entrepreneurs recommend Hunter.io which is a plugin for Chrome. I installed it and it looks like it could be quite a valuable tool to have in your marketing arsenal as you try to grow; finding JV partners, suppliers, influencers. etc.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New text...

SALES TIP: There's a scene in Indiana Jones where he threatens to blow up the ark, in exchange for a hostage. Jones spent his entire life searching for the sacred ark and his opponent refused, calling his bluff. It worked, no way in hell Indy would blow up his life's work. TIP: Know how bad your opponent wants what you have so you can spot bluffs and increase leverage.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Some new texts...

Fact: Anytime you change something in your business, people will complain. Example: The Fastlane Forum recently underwent a reconfiguration with the intent to be more mobile friendly. Few people complained, few people loved it. User data (MATH!) is the ONLY WAY to ascertain if such changes are a net good, or net bad. It's still early, but the forum's user data seems to indicate the change was a net good.

Credit to Navil Ravikant for the theme of this message which parallels my own philosophy: If you follow the "news" and the acceptable consensus for wealth, health, and morality, you will end up financially, nutritionally, and morally bankrupt.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
BTW, if you text me a personal "F*ck off" after I spent my valuable time interacting with you ONE ON ONE with advice as if I was your personal mentor or life coach, you deserve to live the rest of your life like a miserable burger-flipping slave.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New text...

You might benefit from one of my 2021 reflections: I have an inverse correlation between my happiness and media consumption, namely network news, social media, partisan websites (both sides) and "Americanized" television. In short, the less I consume this media, the happier I am. Some types of ignorance is indeed, bliss. You might want to experiment with a media detox: then observe how you feel.

Which ironically a day after I texted this, I gave in and watched a Netflix movie and utterly reminded why I rarely consume mainstream media and movies.

I highly recommend watching it so you can implicitly be programmed to think that all gun owners are redneck imbeciles, billionaire entrepreneurs are dangerous, capitalism is dead, and the government is incompetent--but only when the president wears red hats and has heavily attended rallies.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New text...

On days like today when the stock market crashed hard (then a late recovery) it’s a great reminder that there are gurus out there who call themselves “financially independent” who are/were sweating bullets, as their “financial freedom” is ironically, dependent on the uncontrollable whims of stock market action. This is why a CENTS-based business remains your best bet for lasting, durable wealth.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New text...

Looking for the next billion+ opportunity? A new wave of billionaires will be minted in the next 36 months in one emerging industry that is also ripe for disruption and a new paradigm: online K12 home schooling apps and curricular. Execution could be free of political BS, or it could come loaded with it, either way, you can bet there's a niche for it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interesting, last week I asked this question...

Extreme Value: What is one tool or app that you use in your biz/life that is absolutely invaluable for the price paid? I asked this question a year ago and got some great answers that I shared with the group. If you have one, reply and let me know and I can share results later. I'll start: CANVA for design related tasks. Beats the snot out of Adobe stuff for ease of use!

I received over 200 replies. In those 200 replies, I'd estimate only 10% of the companies/apps/services mentioned were huge corporations. 90% of the answers were small, nimble, small businesses.

Point 1: Big companies are not providing extreme value.
Point 2: Taking market share from big companies is a good business model.
Point 3: Small businesses are more nimble and responsive to customer needs.

A

Anon05554

Interesting, last week I asked this question...

Extreme Value: What is one tool or app that you use in your biz/life that is absolutely invaluable for the price paid? I asked this question a year ago and got some great answers that I shared with the group. If you have one, reply and let me know and I can share results later. I'll start: CANVA for design related tasks. Beats the snot out of Adobe stuff for ease of use!

I received over 200 replies. In those 200 replies, I'd estimate only 10% of the companies/apps/services mentioned were huge corporations. 90% of the answers were small, nimble, small businesses.

Point 1: Big companies are not providing extreme value.
Point 2: Taking market share from big companies is a good business model.
Point 3: Small businesses are more nimble and responsive to customer needs.
I am hoping to snatch some market share from one of the biggest flour manufacturing companies in Uganda. My value skew will be a lower price due to growing some of the raw materials myself and personally sampling those I get from other farmers. My other skew will be using humans in the sorting process instead of machines. My challenge is starting capital, but I am determined to overcome it one step at a time. Thanks for teaching us how "to steal market share. "

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FYI: The Text Network which is being delivered direct to your smartphone will be discontinued on May 20th, however, the service itself will continue via TELEGRAM.

If you are a member of this service and get messages from me (from the 480 area code) you are advised to join Telegram which is a smartphone text messaging app, an app that is far more robust, free, and they do not screen my texts for Wokeness.

Please join there if you are getting texts from me direct to your smartphone. I will send a text notice of this move soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.