The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I wrote up some bullet points as I was making some documentation on the tips in this thread. Figured I'd share it here to help summarize some of the tips brought up.

- Add your snapchat name to your IG bio. Also mention to add your snapchat in all your captions

- Google CPA networks to find affiliate networks

- Use a bot like instagress, igerslike, and followliker or custom paid for bot to scrape for photos to post them instead of manually doing it

- To grow accounts like photo’s of followers on a large page that fits your niche, this can be done with the bot

- Whatever niche you're in you want your main keyword in the "name section" of your bio because Instagram shows the first results based on username and "name section" of an account. So for example if you were in the Car niche, you would want the make of your car page in the name section

- Another tactic is to use other popular IGers name such as Dan Bilzerian in your name section to try and steal search traffic. If your page is big enough it will fall right under him when they search his name.

- You can use the follow/unfollow method but doing more than 200 unfollows can get you banned

- You will need to find a proxy service if you open many IG accounts

- Use http://featurehub.com/shop/ if you want to promote your IG account with shoutouts

- If promoting the account work out a deal to get a set amount of followers from it, not just pay for a shout out

- Pro tip is having Snapchat takeovers. Basically a takeover is having someone famous or influential in your niche log into your account and do a "takeover" for the day and create stories for you.

- The key is to get your account big enough so it will have the drop down option of suggested users. I get tons of followers from the suggested users box. And a lot of my accounts are intertwined so they fall into each other's "suggested users".

- The easiest niches to grow are humor, quotes, and anything related to girl demographics.

- Use websites like http://www.cheezburger.com/ to scrape photos from. Every category you see in there is an Instagram page you can create.

- I scrape from other pages and internet pages (with the bot). If I don't tag the content creator on the pic then I usually put in my bio that the content is not mine, and if you would like it taken down, to DM or email me.

- Be sure to credit the photo author if possible and put a disclaimer in your bio the photos are not yours and will remove any of them at the request of the owner.

- Crowdfire is a good app for managing it if you're not using something like Followliker.

- Another technique these days is to have really big pages in your niche spam "like" a lot of your pictures instead of paying for shoutouts. Because under the activity section under "following" users see this big page that they are following liking your pictures so more than likely they will follow you since you all are into the same "niche".

- I do about 1900-2100 targeted likes a day per account with a delay of about 17-28 seconds per "like".

- A good tracking tool I use is:http://socialblade.com/instagram/just add your account in there and allow it 24 hours to scrape the data. You can also track other accounts and see how fast they are growing.

- It's all a numbers game, try to reach out to pages that are close to your follwers count as well. Most will only do sfs(shout for shout) with you only if you are close to his follower's count otherwise they will more likely ignore you or charge you.

- Post a photo once about every 4 hours

- Hashtags don’t hurt but typically help more in the beginning

- Also liking pics of users who recently liked photos on a big account in your niche may get more followers, because you know the account is recently active.

- I have a rooted android device which allows me to create unlimited accounts. There are alsoe services out there that create IG accounts for you. You do need dedicated IG proxies which I also pay for. And I have sources over seas for phone verification as well as a pv (phone verification) panel (no way around phone verifications)

Some great tips!

When you say "steal traffic from celebrities", does that go in Profile -> Name or in the Bio?

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Janetriever

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 10, 2016
I'm building up traffic to my Outdoor/Camping site on IG. How do I 1) grow the page up to 100000s and 2) monetize that traffic?

Do shoutout for shoutout daily with other accounts in the same niche. So you're in the outdoor/camping niche and you have 4k followers --> find 3-4 other pages in the same niche within the 4-8k followers range --> Direct Message them asking to do daily shoutout for shoutout with you.

Another method to grow your account fast is to follow people that like photos of other big accounts within your niche. There's this big page 'campingofficial' - what you want to do is turn on post notifications and everytime they post, you follow the people who liked that photo. I usually follow around 60, I like to play it safe.

You can monetize in different ways. You can sell shoutouts - basically people will contact you usually via email or Kik and pay you for 1h/2h shoutouts, depending on what you have to offer.
Another way to monetize is by sending traffic to your website. You put the link in the bio and advertise it in the captions.
Another way to make money off your followers is to promote Teespring campaigns.

Hope you understood what I was trying to say, I'm not a native so my English may not be that good.

Some great tips!

When you say "steal traffic from celebrities", does that go in Profile -> Name or in the Bio?

Thanks.

He means the name, because the bio doesn't appear on search results.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
Just found out that you can't switch accounts in the instagram app, so I ordered a couple of new phones to ease the stress of managing multiple accounts. [HASHTAG]#sidewalker4lyfe[/HASHTAG]

You can add up to 5 accounts without needing to log out.

https://help.instagram.com/1682672155283228

You click on your username and can switch between them.

I've never used Instagram before. Completely new to the platform. I signed up and am using boostgram.com using the like targeting of usernames, and follow of usernames method. I put up 6 posts and have a post scheduled around every 4-5 hours in advance.

I just set this all up before I went to bed, after I woke up I have 46 followers and already have people liking/commenting on some of my posts.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
I am not spending any money to promote or expand my accounts other then paying for proxy services which is around $46 a month to have them up and running, I grow them all through my bot.

I can't really say as I've never paid for shoutouts, but if you check http://featurehub.com/shop/ most of the big accounts on there are legit and that's what you can expect to pay.

But as I told @TheKing you should really work out a deal with the page owners for guaranteed followers, "so say you want 1k new followers, you would make a deal with the page owner to shout you out till you get the 1k followers." instead of paid hourly shoutouts. Contact them directly through kik or email.

What makes Snapchat amazing is it's like a private moment, a 1 on 1 sales channel.

The users don't know how many people are following you, they don't have any distractions (likes, comments, social pressure) all they see is what's being put right in front of them. And if you're a great marketer boy oh boy...

So for the spatula example, assuming you have spatula fanatics following you. This is like QVC in the palm of your hands..!

I would create stories revolving around the lifestyle of spatula users, cooking, baking etc. Stories of it in action flipping, lifting, spreading. Marketing 101, you show and record exactly what they can do with it. You talk about and show them why it's the best and why silicone beats the regular boring spatulas etc.

This is your private 1 on 1 channel right to your customers.

Then, every now and then you add a textbar with your BuyMySpecialSpatualaHere.com in your snaps.

You would not believe how many people exit the app and actually type in the domain(this is why I was hesitant with Snapchat at first, nothing clickable) but believe me they do! I've made x,xxx days in profit using Snapchat!

And another pro tip is having Snapchat takeovers. Basically a takeover is having someone famous or influential in your niche log into your account and do a "takeover" for the day and create stories for you. So in the spatula example, I would try my hardest to get the Queen Spatula on to promote/showcase my products.

From my experience everyone is on Snapchat nowadays. And it's only growing.

Some of the more popular commercial ones are:
instagress, igerslike, and followliker

You are the shit. Didn't think you would share that. Nice

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first but these tips are truly amazing. I'ts only been 2 days and I already have hundreds of followers and interactions on my posts (and have 0 prior experience with Instagram). I can definitely see how keeping this up and creating lots of accounts could lead to some nice affiliate marketing income although I plan on marketing my own products.

Now to attack snapchat and find a more permanent bot since apparently boostgram costs $99/month per account. Ridiculous when instragress is only around $7/month.

Huge thanks to @JimD for the tips.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first but these tips are truly amazing. I'ts only been 2 days and I already have hundreds of followers and interactions on my posts (and have 0 prior experience with Instagram). I can definitely see how keeping this up and creating lots of accounts could lead to some nice affiliate marketing income although I plan on marketing my own products.

Now to attack snapchat and find a more permanent bot since apparently boostgram costs $99/month per account. Ridiculous when instragress is only around $7/month.

Huge thanks to @JimD for the tips.

Instagress is cheap but it's very limited. For example, you can't whitelist your favorite profiles and Like/Comment on them.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
Instagress is cheap but it's very limited. For example, you can't whitelist your favorite profiles and Like/Comment on them.

It has more options that boostgram with the exception of scheduling posts. I couldn't find that option, or the scrape photo's option either but boostgram doesn't have that either. The main reason I used boostgram was for the 'schedule posts' functionality which is nice.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
It has more options that boostgram with the exception of scheduling posts. I couldn't find that option, or the scrape photo's option either but boostgram doesn't have that either. The main reason I used boostgram was for the 'schedule posts' functionality which is nice.

Instagress is ridiculously cheap so I can't really complain about it. It does exactly what it says.

Boozoon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 4, 2015
Hey guys, hope you are doing awesome.

I just bought and installed Followliker and I would like to ask something regarding liking pictures of users who have liked pictures big accounts.

I set followliker to "Scrape user" and "Like".

Then I entered "User’s Follower" and put on various big accounts. On the "Like" area I was pretty conservant since I want to test the waters.

My question: do I have to do anything extra? I am not sure if I should also use "scrape photo" and somehow combine my settings. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
http://blog.instagram.com/post/141107034797/160315-news

Instagram are about to get rid of the chronological timeline. Could spell bad news for those who rely on the platform for sales.
IG giving customers what they want...

xGed1iy.jpg

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
Doesn't surprise me. I doubt this will turn into 'a good thing'. Facebook owns instagram and your visibility on Facebook is almost 0 without paying for views in feeds. I'm sure it will suffer the same fate.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Not sure what everyone means by the follow/unfollow strategy getting anyone banned...

I just unfollowed 6k people over a two week time frame with instagress and my accounts good...

Does someone want to chime in and explain where the proof of that is coming from?

For the record, I dont think the follow/unfollow strategy works once you get close to 20k real followers which is where im at.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Not sure what everyone means by the follow/unfollow strategy getting anyone banned...

I just unfollowed 6k people over a two week time frame with instagress and my accounts good...

Does someone want to chime in and explain where the proof of that is coming from?

For the record, I dont think the follow/unfollow strategy works once you get close to 20k real followers which is where im at.

It's honestly random if you get banned on not. Its getting unlucky. Or your settings are just too high.

On another note with the update: Hell Yeah.

I feel this is going to be engagement based. At least be part of it.

People with big accounts whom are getting those 1k+ likes are hopefully going to start seeing extra engagement.

Extra engagement = more exposure = more followers.

However I guess some people see it differently.

mNaLrPQ.png

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
guys, what is CPM in IG? For example what is price for a shoutout at $5/CPM I looked online and it was cost per thousand impressions, but I don't get how this would work in IG?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
guys, what is CPM in IG? For example what is price for a shoutout at $5/CPM I looked online and it was cost per thousand impressions, but I don't get how this would work in IG?

I haven't personally dealt with CPM.

But its going to be based on likes on the image or leads to your website with a tracked URL.

Videos you can see how many views there are. This will solve the CPM issue.
However, images don't have the feature yet where you can see how many people viewed it.

To be honest if your working with someone on Instagram, ask them what they expect you to get for the $5.

drifter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 10, 2016
Canada
Interesting read:
http://blog.latergram.me/what-insta...aiBkI70J0j6dyYQEiEqaJrb1j0KIlG&vero_id=491718

As mentioned already, the new algorithm is good for those who have high user engagement - great for accounts with lots of followers which post good content for folks to like.

It's bad for those of us who are trying to break into / establish that user base and have our posts shown to people unless ..... you invest more money into marketing to show your stuff on feeds.

To me, this has little to do with user engagement but is much more so designed for IG to increase marketing revenue.

Last edited:

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
To me, this has little to do with user engagement but is much more so designed for IG to increase marketing revenue.

After all Instagram is a business :)

Qasiymsg

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 5, 2015
After all Instagram is a business :)

Hey @Aaron W ,

I have a question for you about followliker and the settings. I purchased Followliker on monday and I've been getting around 75 followers a day.

My settings:

Scrape User
Limit: 40
Ignore private accounts and profiles without a pic.
Query: Instagram name (in my niche)
Query type: Users following

Question Would it better to use "user's who liked" for the query type? Which option have you seen the most success with?

Scrape Photos
limit: 5
Scrape Top Results only (but It still likes picture number 12 on someone page, is that suppose to happen?)
Query: I use a hashtag relevant to my niche
Query type: Relevant

Question Is using a hashtag the best option?

I just upped my likes to 1900

My goal is to build my list from 1,570 to 12K within the next month and a half. I want to start offering shout outs, build an email list and sell an affiliate product through Instagram. I haven't started posting pictures about my affiliate offer yet, my strategy has been to get engagement and get followers. If I put a picture I get around 89 likes, but not too many comments which I'm working on by asking more questions. Right now I post motivational quotes, videos and just my thoughts related to my niche. Please be critical and I appreciate whatever advice you can give.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Hey @Aaron W ,

I have a question for you about followliker and the settings. I purchased Followliker on monday and I've been getting around 75 followers a day.

My settings:

Scrape User
Limit: 40
Ignore private accounts and profiles without a pic.
Query: Instagram name (in my niche)
Query type: Users following

Question Would it better to use "user's who liked" for the query type? Which option have you seen the most success with?

Scrape Photos
limit: 5
Scrape Top Results only (but It still likes picture number 12 on someone page, is that suppose to happen?)
Query: I use a hashtag relevant to my niche
Query type: Relevant

Question Is using a hashtag the best option?

I just upped my likes to 1900

My goal is to build my list from 1,570 to 12K within the next month and a half. I want to start offering shout outs, build an email list and sell an affiliate product through Instagram. I haven't started posting pictures about my affiliate offer yet, my strategy has been to get engagement and get followers. If I put a picture I get around 89 likes, but not too many comments which I'm working on by asking more questions. Right now I post motivational quotes, videos and just my thoughts related to my niche. Please be critical and I appreciate whatever advice you can give.

Thanks in advance!

Settings can have different results for everyone.

1.9k likes/day is a lot of likes, be careful with that setting.

Honestly, you will need to test a week of following people who follow anaccount/s.... then try liking images instead to see what results are better.

Also most accounts post motivational quotes. I admit to doing it too, its easy and convenient.

If you want to do basically 12k in a month you will need to buy shout outs and have strong unique content (so people will follow you and won't say hey this is just another typical account.) Offer value with your pictures.

Qasiymsg

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 5, 2015
Settings can have different results for everyone.

1.9k likes/day is a lot of likes, be careful with that setting.

Honestly, you will need to test a week of following people who follow anaccount/s.... then try liking images instead to see what results are better.

Also most accounts post motivational quotes. I admit to doing it too, its easy and convenient.

If you want to do basically 12k in a month you will need to buy shout outs and have strong unique content (so people will follow you and won't say hey this is just another typical account.) Offer value with your pictures.

1. I'm doing 1,900 likes

2. I bought two shout outs so hopefully I can get a bunch of followers.

3. Besides featurehub.com do you know of any other good sites to buy shout outs from?

Danny M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Mar 14, 2016
Essex, UK
I have followliker set up but im not sure its working how it should.
For example, i have set likes to 300-400 a day, 5 posts a day, 200-300 follows a day and 250-350 unfollows a day.
It is completing these tasks 1 by 1 rather than in portions. So i have set like limits to 5-10, so surely this means it should like 5-10 posts then move on to following? Instead it likes 400 posts, then follows 300 people.. any help?

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
How effective is Instagram marketing? Only been using it a week but to me it feels like its full of spammy accounts. Looking at my most recent account I created yesterday I have 34 followers and manually going through them I can see at least 30 are just trying to sell something.

On my Facebook page I created 6 days ago it is costing me $0.06 a like. For the cost of Followliker I could buy 1633 likes and get roughly 445 organic likes. The likes I am getting on Facebook are all real people in a certain demographic and location, as a result the Facebook likes have to be much better leads then the Instagram followers. I feel that the time spent managing multiple Instagram accounts and looking for photos I would be better off spending $7 a day to grow my Facebook page and just forget about Instagram all together.

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
So I've read through this entire thread and I would say that there's really only one question I have for all you guys and especially @JimD if he ever comes back.

I already have a fitness account on instagram with 15k+ followers and post on it usually about twice a day. It's not hard at all, I typically just repost pictures and write out a new caption for them combined with the hashtags I usually use...

That being said.. If I have 40+ accounts across various niches - is there a way to automate my postings? (not my likes/follows.. I used Instagress for that) I would imagine logging in and out of all of my accounts to post new content would take a decent amount of time. I'm under the impression that Jim's bot scrapes images from other users in his niche and reposts them - but maybe I'm wrong?

What are you guys with multiple accounts doing to make this process easier - or do you actually log in and out of all of your accounts one after another to post new pictures?

[EDIT] After doing a little research it looks like you can schedule posts with FollowLiker... Damn! That bot is a nifty little tool. Anyway, I'm still interested to hear what you guys are doing to automate your process further!

Last edited:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
How effective is Instagram marketing?
I'm sure it depends on your product and your audience. It works for me. Customers share photos of my product on their IG. I share the photo to my followers. It's great validation. A retailer just found me through IG, placed an order, and said they'd share photos of my products in their store on IG and tag me.

For me it is an absolutely great marketing channel and it's where a high amount of my customers find me.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
That being said.. If I have 40+ accounts across various niches - is there a way to automate my postings?

What are you guys with multiple accounts doing to make this process easier - or do you actually log in and out of all of your accounts one after another to post new pictures?

[EDIT] After doing a little research it looks like you can schedule posts with FollowLiker... Damn! That bot is a nifty little tool. Anyway, I'm still interested to hear what you guys are doing to automate your process further!

You can use IFTTT to automate saving images and then set up a new global followliker project to upload images between your best upload times. If your pushing 40 accounts you will need proxies for every 5 though.

TenMillion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 20, 2015
I must be retarded. I bought followliker about 2 weeks ago and can't even generate 1 follower on any of my 3 instagram accounts so far. I've read through the thread several times as well.

Here's what I did:

Connected each account and password

Set custom settings to scrape user
Scrape user limit 40, ignore private users, ignore users with no profile photo

For query I put all the big influencers in my niches and users following.

I also tried the like method and set likes to 1900 day with 18-27 seconds daily.

Nothing! Is my software broken or am I just retarded? Herp derp.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.