The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Arion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 14, 2015
Greece
Multiple Accounts Tip:

If your are using an android phone google Instwogram, as it copies the original instagram app and lets you actually use the original instagram and its clone. This works for me very well.

GrK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 6, 2016
France
Great post ! Thank you for sharing the precious infos, it just get me started with IG yesterday... only 8 followers but at least 10-15 likes per picture :)

I've read a lot about techniques to like, follow/unfollow with software which is of good help. I am definitely considering buying Followliker

However, I come from big package business development, and what I have learned is that content must be of great quality to increase the customer/follower engagment: do you sub-divide your posts into categories and track the results ?

Example: For an IG account about gardening, you sub-divide your posts into 3 categories:
- Vegetables
- Flowers
- Trees
Then you track the results of each category - likes, comments & follow- to increase/decrease the number of publications of a certain category and maybe, replace a category by another one.

Hope my question is clear.

Cheers,
GRK

BeLarge

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jan 22, 2016
vancouver
Hey man!
There is a lot of people in the Internet Marketing industry who's saying that IG is dead.
What do you think about it? Do you think that IG is still working tool that allows you to earn money?

How you recommend to start learning IG marketing? Do I need any investment when I start?

Thanks in advance,
BeLarge.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
I'll tell you how dead it is.

We started 12 weeks ago. We now have 11K targeted followers and over 400 optins on a page that just says "get launch details". No lead magnet, no offer, nothing.

AND, we simply built our brand on IG so far, we didn't make offers or anything.

We launch in 3 days and are going to begin actually making offers.

Zero money spent on IG and 400 super targets optins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
my gf's account is now 2k. She's starting to get shoutouts from 5k accounts for free because the niche is good. What's the best way to go about asking other pages to give you shoutouts for free when you are in a similar niche? How would you approach them?

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014

We started 12 weeks ago. We now have 11K targeted followers and over 400 optins on a page that just says "get launch details". No lead magnet, no offer, nothing.

Nice, im almost there as well, currently at 9k followers and about 1k following for one of my brands i sell physical products in. Just wondering, would you mind sharing what kind of settings you are running on FL? I haven't used FL for posting pictures yet but plan on looking into how to do so right away here so i can automate it. Are you using certain photo apps for creating memes/photos?

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014

I got about 1k email signups as well, now i just got to figure out a way to sell to them through email.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
We hire an outsourcer from the Philippines to create daily images.

We then load them up into FL and post on a constant basis - 6-8 per day.

We also LIKE and Follow / Unfollow.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
We probably have some resources to help you learn how to create sales through email.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
I find it's easier to build your audience on Twitter due to the retweeting capabilities. Then you redirect them to your instagram page. It's much easier to build a following on Twitter. Build up both audiences at the same time and link to both accounts.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
What method are you using to build Twitter? I'd like to get mine ramped up. We are at 2500 from scratch, but it doesn't grow very quickly.

Gogu Lee

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 19, 2016
Hi Jim , thanks for this, very good information, I read through the whole thread but I couldn't find any info on the following, if you could reply I'd really appreciated it:

1. You said you create new accounts all the time, do you let them age? because all new accounts i create get limited really fast.
2. What are your settings for new accounts and after how long you start growing them more
3. do you use a unique proxy for each account or several accounts per proxy work
4. when you create a new account you fill in everything, all the data, bio and all?
5. you do anything else on the accounts to avoid leaving footprints? because only liking 1500 per day and posting 2-3 posts seems to leave quite a big one.

Thanks and appreciate it if you can reply.

6FiguresKenny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 19, 2016
Hey Jim,

Thank you for such a wonderful thread! Really appreciate you actually taking your time answering to each and every question.
I am an internet marketing coach that specializes in product creation and e-mail marketing.Anyway, a question for you hehe! By saying making money from CPA on instagram, do you mean by creating a landing page, have them opt-into your list and then set up a "thank-you" page with a related-niche CPA offer? I am new to CPA, looking to diversify my business, thanks again Jim!

Sincerely,
Kenny
Zerolimitation(dot).com

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Hey Jim,

Thank you for such a wonderful thread! Really appreciate you actually taking your time answering to each and every question.
I am an internet marketing coach that specializes in product creation and e-mail marketing.Anyway, a question for you hehe! By saying making money from CPA on instagram, do you mean by creating a landing page, have them opt-into your list and then set up a "thank-you" page with a related-niche CPA offer? I am new to CPA, looking to diversify my business, thanks again Jim!

Sincerely,
Kenny
Zerolimitation(dot).com
You build a following on instagram using a bot or manually, which ever one you prefer. You set up an instagram page that is related to a specific niche. Once you have large amounts of traffic (likes on photos, follower count) THEN you post links with a call to action in the caption to landing pages when you post a picture. That's how you get direct traffic to your landing pages if you're selling your own product.

To affiliate market for other peoples products you leave a contact info in your bio and search for lead generation advertising sites that will promote your page to companies. Or you can send out emails to companies letting them know about your ig page and how you can give them targeted traffic. Hope I didn't make this confusing for you.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
What method are you using to build Twitter? I'd like to get mine ramped up. We are at 2500 from scratch, but it doesn't grow very quickly.

You can use follower liker's bot for Twitter. Following and unfollowing people is the best method. Twitter doesn't ban users like Instagram does. You can also talk to people in similar niches with large followings to ask for a retweet. Might cost you some money off the start.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
I was actually successful with this method to build an email list for launch a few years ago. Things changed a lot with spamming twitter (follow, unfollow) for clickthrough conversions and it may hurt the integrity of the brand. I suggest engaging with potential customers for the sake of building a community around your business. It's one thing to follow them, its another thing to straight up spam.

Here is my question...

I wanted to experiment a little bit with Instagram.

Has anyone had success with the OP methods (not building accounts) but actually monetizing them?

If so, are you promoting digital or selling physical products and can you emphasize more on how you're doing it?

If you are an affiliate for an info product (or physical), OR your own products for that matter, are you putting the sales/lead page/url/domain in the Bio of the account or are you dropping the link in a post? Is it a direct link to the sales page or is it an opt in to join your list?

Why so many accounts? Is it to scale your monetization? Why not just focus on building and monetizing 1 at a time?

Lastly, what proxies do you recommend? Can you explain why you use proxies to the forum a bit more thoroughly? I'm guessing so that Instagram doesn't recognize you opening multiple accounts? Why not just use a domain with multiple emails?

Appreciate the input.

-Stevie

6FiguresKenny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 19, 2016
You build a following on instagram using a bot or manually, which ever one you prefer. You set up an instagram page that is related to a specific niche. Once you have large amounts of traffic (likes on photos, follower count) THEN you post links with a call to action in the caption to landing pages when you post a picture. That's how you get direct traffic to your landing pages if you're selling your own product.

To affiliate market for other peoples products you leave a contact info in your bio and search for lead generation advertising sites that will promote your page to companies. Or you can send out emails to companies letting them know about your ig page and how you can give them targeted traffic. Hope I didn't make this confusing for you.

Nope! Absolutely not confusing at all! Thank you very much :)

6FiguresKenny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 19, 2016
@JimD buddy when you say Snapchat, how do you really promote CPA / affiliate offers on SnapChat? I am really new to SnapChat! :p

Also, let's say that the CPA offer I selected is geo-targeted (USA). What if my followers are from India/Malaysia/UK etc clicked on them? Will I get paid if they fill in the zip/emails? I believe Instagram doesn't allows us to geo-target followers...?

Regards,
Kenny

Last edited:

GregK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 10, 2014
@JimD thank you for the thread and guidance!
@eliquid did you say you build your own bot? I got some questions for you if you did.

I started using instaress just to try it while on the side working on getting a Python bot to work. I am working through the Instagram API and with their new rules it seems that in sandbox mode you only have access to your own image library on not public access. Anyway I am getting this to work in my favor and it's a learning curve.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
So my girlfriend's account is growing steadily, hit 4k today. She has really good engagement - 5% is pretty usual per post in likes, sometimes more. Once she gets to 5k she wants to see about making some money, but I don't want her to just put her stuff on fiver or something crappy like that -how would you guys go about making more money with specific clients. Like, her thing is girls, women. Other women product IG's in her niche would be intersted, I just don't know what kind of $ are we talking about when her IG is only 5k followers or so.

on the other hand, having IG in a niche is pretty cool because you can use cross promotion. I gave her a shoutout on a niche forum that fit well, and now she is going to give me a shoutout on her page via an organic post. Kind of cool, piggybacking like that :)

she also got her first competitor about 3 weeks ago. I'd bet this guy has many IG's, he racks up numbers pretty well, but you can tell its not an actual person caring about the account, its a pro. Not sure how to compete with that, what my gf did was block this user from seeing her page as he was stealing a lot of her stuff. I told her welcome to business :D

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
I wrote up some bullet points as I was making some documentation on the tips in this thread. Figured I'd share it here to help summarize some of the tips brought up.

- Add your snapchat name to your IG bio. Also mention to add your snapchat in all your captions

- Google CPA networks to find affiliate networks

- Use a bot like instagress, igerslike, and followliker or custom paid for bot to scrape for photos to post them instead of manually doing it

- To grow accounts like photo’s of followers on a large page that fits your niche, this can be done with the bot

- Whatever niche you're in you want your main keyword in the "name section" of your bio because Instagram shows the first results based on username and "name section" of an account. So for example if you were in the Car niche, you would want the make of your car page in the name section

- Another tactic is to use other popular IGers name such as Dan Bilzerian in your name section to try and steal search traffic. If your page is big enough it will fall right under him when they search his name.

- You can use the follow/unfollow method but doing more than 200 unfollows can get you banned

- You will need to find a proxy service if you open many IG accounts

- Use http://featurehub.com/shop/ if you want to promote your IG account with shoutouts

- If promoting the account work out a deal to get a set amount of followers from it, not just pay for a shout out

- Pro tip is having Snapchat takeovers. Basically a takeover is having someone famous or influential in your niche log into your account and do a "takeover" for the day and create stories for you.

- The key is to get your account big enough so it will have the drop down option of suggested users. I get tons of followers from the suggested users box. And a lot of my accounts are intertwined so they fall into each other's "suggested users".

- The easiest niches to grow are humor, quotes, and anything related to girl demographics.

- Use websites like http://www.cheezburger.com/ to scrape photos from. Every category you see in there is an Instagram page you can create.

- I scrape from other pages and internet pages (with the bot). If I don't tag the content creator on the pic then I usually put in my bio that the content is not mine, and if you would like it taken down, to DM or email me.

- Be sure to credit the photo author if possible and put a disclaimer in your bio the photos are not yours and will remove any of them at the request of the owner.

- Crowdfire is a good app for managing it if you're not using something like Followliker.

- Another technique these days is to have really big pages in your niche spam "like" a lot of your pictures instead of paying for shoutouts. Because under the activity section under "following" users see this big page that they are following liking your pictures so more than likely they will follow you since you all are into the same "niche".

- I do about 1900-2100 targeted likes a day per account with a delay of about 17-28 seconds per "like".

- A good tracking tool I use is:http://socialblade.com/instagram/just add your account in there and allow it 24 hours to scrape the data. You can also track other accounts and see how fast they are growing.

- It's all a numbers game, try to reach out to pages that are close to your follwers count as well. Most will only do sfs(shout for shout) with you only if you are close to his follower's count otherwise they will more likely ignore you or charge you.

- Post a photo once about every 4 hours

- Hashtags don’t hurt but typically help more in the beginning

- Also liking pics of users who recently liked photos on a big account in your niche may get more followers, because you know the account is recently active.

- I have a rooted android device which allows me to create unlimited accounts. There are alsoe services out there that create IG accounts for you. You do need dedicated IG proxies which I also pay for. And I have sources over seas for phone verification as well as a pv (phone verification) panel (no way around phone verifications)

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I'm building up traffic to my Outdoor/Camping site on IG. I was using Instagress to automate the commenting/Likes and Grum to autopost content. It's been about 2 months and I've built up a following of 4000 ish Followers. How do I 1) grow the page up to 100000s and 2) monetize that traffic?

Thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.