The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Ferdinand33

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 28, 2016
Not sure what everyone means by the follow/unfollow strategy getting anyone banned...

I just unfollowed 6k people over a two week time frame with instagress and my accounts good...

Does someone want to chime in and explain where the proof of that is coming from?

For the record, I dont think the follow/unfollow strategy works once you get close to 20k real followers which is where im at.

Do you prefer Instagress over Followliker's Instagram?

Or have you not heard/used Followliker's Instagram.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Belcher

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Feb 24, 2016
Australia
Hey JimD.

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to do this AMA, I've learnt so much from this thread and have applied it to my own IG account, which is growing nicely. I've read through this thread a few times and have not found the information I'm looking for, but If I have missed it, ill promptly delete this message. Anyway.

My question is: Do you use any IG analytic tools to help keep track of your page and it's numbers? I'm specifically looking for one that provides information on my followers in regards to how many likes they've sent, comments etc. I'm trying to find my most engaged fans to reward them.

I tried Iconsquare and socialtrank, however they're not showing me the information I'm after.

GMJimmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 19, 2015
Excellent thread, thank you OP and all who contributed with this invaluable information. I have read this thread about 4 times so far...

I am new to instagram marketing but I will use it for many of my products and websites.
It seems that one question has not been discussed yet. With regards to photos, has anyone tried with original content? Does it make a difference compared to scraped, generic photos?

I will occassionally post product photos, offers etc in about 1 out of 5 of the time, while the other 4 would be more "lifestyle" posts.

So at this point I'm not sure whether the scrapped lifestyle content would be lost in the crowd, or the opposite, just do what is successful in other top accounts.
Also original content takes effort and money, and may not be the most effective way to spend it.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
It seems that one question has not been discussed yet. With regards to photos, has anyone tried with original content? Does it make a difference compared to scraped, generic photos?

Original content will always be king.... if you take your own photos. Having your own photos means that the photos you post will be posted on your account first(obviously) so if people like the content you post, then they will follow you, rather than following someone who just re-posted your content. Plus, people can reuse your photos and give you credit and therefor give you traffic to your page. I don't think it is mandatory to have original content, but it defiantly helps.

I will occassionally post product photos, offers etc in about 1 out of 5 of the time, while the other 4 would be more "lifestyle" posts.

If I were you and you had the right equipment, I would use other peoples photos as lifestyle photos. Than every once in a while take your own photo with your product in the photo, but make it seem like a lifestyle photo also, let photo taking for you which will cost less money/time but you still are advertising your product.

GMJimmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 19, 2015
Thank you very much for the advice. I am definitely a fan of original content, however not by all means.

If I were you and you had the right equipment, I would use other peoples photos as lifestyle photos. Than every once in a while take your own photo with your product in the photo, but make it seem like a lifestyle photo also, let photo taking for you which will cost less money/time but you still are advertising your product.

I had something similar in mind as well. As my product has a certain feature that can be linked to some neighbouring niches, I hope this could be used. I try to relate to the experience, raw materials, feeling of luxury etc.

najeeb

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
900%
Jun 8, 2015
Is there a way to embed a one click instagram follow button on my website like there is with facebook likes?

najeeb

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
900%
Jun 8, 2015
Hey Aaron, thanks for the response. Could you please message me with a skype or email because I have some cool ideas and tons of traffic that I think I could use with PPI. I just joined this forum and I'm not sure how to private message you. Thanks

monerap

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Dec 30, 2014
Great topic. Learned a lot of things.

I hope you have 1 min to answer my question. How do you promote aff. products? Just sharing the aff. link? Or, do you collect e-mail from opt-in page and sell with an e-mail sequence?

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
This was posted nearly a year ago. Any updates? How viable is this method?

I can't help but think that I am way too late into the game to join.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
You're not to late @IrishSpring600 but there are defiantly hoops you have to jump through. There is a bit of a start up cost. For instance, you will need to have/buy and android phone/tablet that you don't mind jail breaking. You will also need to have $100 for FollowLiker, if you choose to use there service.

@monerap Promoting Aff. Products is a bit hard on Instagram. There are some hoops you also have to jump through on this part. You cannot link affiliate programs on your URL page, Instagram will block the updating of your page immediately(your account will be fine though.) However, what I found best to work was to make a landing page and have an opt-in page for emails. You can also make your own website and promote affiliate links that way, if you so choose to do so.

I personally don't do affiliate marketing, but I did try. I just simply chose a different route, as it was not for me. If you REALLY want to make it work, you will find a way.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
You're not to late @IrishSpring600 but there are defiantly hoops you have to jump through. There is a bit of a start up cost. For instance, you will need to have/buy and android phone/tablet that you don't mind jail breaking. You will also need to have $100 for FollowLiker, if you choose to use there service.

@monerap Promoting Aff. Products is a bit hard on Instagram. There are some hoops you also have to jump through on this part. You cannot link affiliate programs on your URL page, Instagram will block the updating of your page immediately(your account will be fine though.) However, what I found best to work was to make a landing page and have an opt-in page for emails. You can also make your own website and promote affiliate links that way, if you so choose to do so.

I personally don't do affiliate marketing, but I did try. I just simply chose a different route, as it was not for me. If you REALLY want to make it work, you will find a way.
I have an android phone I don't mind jailbreaking. Now what?

Also what route did you choose?
Like, if I can't do affiliate marketing on instagram - and I don't plan to - what can I do? (What did you do?)

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
@IrishSpring600 I would go on YouTube and look up "How to Root *insert type of phone*"

Now, I have never done this before so I don't know what happens. From what I was getting from online forums is that you should be able to disable a feature in your phone from sending your IP address to Instagram. This will allow you to log onto as many Instagram accounts as you'd like. You will also be able to use proxy's at your disposal, on FollowLiker because IG will not find anything weird due to the fact that when you log on to your Android, it won't notice that your IP address 'jumped' locations, cause it will never receive it. If that makes any sense?

I don't have the slightest clue where to find this part of source code, as you will essential be cracking open to Software System and playing around with it.

WARNING: Don't mess with things that shouldn't be messed with. You can literally brick your phone if you change the wrong thing. This is the reason why I didn't go through with this.

However, what I decided to do was to try and create a business out of one of my Instagram accounts. If my business plan works, I will be able to basically copy paste my original business plan onto my other, more successful Instagram account.

Basically, sell products of any sense. I am attempting to sell clothing, if that works, I will start to sell products specific to that niche.

If you want to go more in depth, message me. I can maybe give you more specific advice, based on what you were thinking of doing on Instagram, as I know I have learned a good amount on what I believe should and should not be done on Instagram. Personal opinion of course.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
@IrishSpring600 I would go on YouTube and look up "How to Root *insert type of phone*"

Now, I have never done this before so I don't know what happens. From what I was getting from online forums is that you should be able to disable a feature in your phone from sending your IP address to Instagram. This will allow you to log onto as many Instagram accounts as you'd like. You will also be able to use proxy's at your disposal, on FollowLiker because IG will not find anything weird due to the fact that when you log on to your Android, it won't notice that your IP address 'jumped' locations, cause it will never receive it. If that makes any sense?

I don't have the slightest clue where to find this part of source code, as you will essential be cracking open to Software System and playing around with it.

WARNING: Don't mess with things that shouldn't be messed with. You can literally brick your phone if you change the wrong thing. This is the reason why I didn't go through with this.

However, what I decided to do was to try and create a business out of one of my Instagram accounts. If my business plan works, I will be able to basically copy paste my original business plan onto my other, more successful Instagram account.

Basically, sell products of any sense. I am attempting to sell clothing, if that works, I will start to sell products specific to that niche.

If you want to go more in depth, message me. I can maybe give you more specific advice, based on what you were thinking of doing on Instagram, as I know I have learned a good amount on what I believe should and should not be done on Instagram. Personal opinion of course.

Yeah, I don't care about multiple accounts. I only want to build on one account. How do I get started?

By the way, I am now on Instagress (because of their 3-day trial). This is so cool!

Last edited:

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Yeah, I don't care about multiple accounts. I only want to build on one account. How do I get started?

I suggest coming up with a strategy. Maybe you want to run a popular meme's account, or quotes account or whatever. Come up with a unique name, NOT @KoolQuotesss or anything like that. You want to try and see if you can have a target keyword in your name though. Then decide where you will get your photos from. If you are making quotes, maybe it is best if you make them yourself, that way you can place your name in the photo. If not, screenshot a bunch of good photos and make sure you can give credit to the OP.

When it comes to Instegress or FollowLiker, make sure you are not following other people to gain followers. In the end, you're only going to be kicking yourself. I suggest liking photos of people who like specific niche related photos. That way, you know you are targeting people who like you specific niche and therefore are more likely to follow you back.

I personally don't like Instagress. I knew I was going to be on IG for the long run, which means FollowLiker has saved me loads of money. So make sure you choose the program that is best for you. I believe it is that if you are planning to do this for more than 3 months(automating) then FollowLiker will save you in the long run.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I suggest coming up with a strategy. Maybe you want to run a popular meme's account, or quotes account or whatever. Come up with a unique name, NOT @KoolQuotesss or anything like that. You want to try and see if you can have a target keyword in your name though. Then decide where you will get your photos from. If you are making quotes, maybe it is best if you make them yourself, that way you can place your name in the photo. If not, screenshot a bunch of good photos and make sure you can give credit to the OP.

When it comes to Instegress or FollowLiker, make sure you are not following other people to gain followers. In the end, you're only going to be kicking yourself. I suggest liking photos of people who like specific niche related photos. That way, you know you are targeting people who like you specific niche and therefore are more likely to follow you back.

I personally don't like Instagress. I knew I was going to be on IG for the long run, which means FollowLiker has saved me loads of money. So make sure you choose the program that is best for you. I believe it is that if you are planning to do this for more than 3 months(automating) then FollowLiker will save you in the long run.

Have you tried Instagress? If yes, how similar is the UI to followliker?

I started with 5 photos and following cristiano, boldanddetermined, and ironandtweed. 60 likes an hour.

I have one follower and one like after 142 likes, but that like came from a powerlifter liking my photo with a protein tub.

I'm planning on adding more powerlifting-related photos. I just shortened my tags from 23 to 9: variations of squat, bench, and deadlift. Let's see how that goes. What do you think of the numbers so far?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
The UI is pretty different. Instagress is more user friendly, but after about an hour of flipping through FollowLiker, it will become much more understandable.

Everything looks good. I would post maybe 2 - 3 photos a day for the next week at least. If you want to knock it down to 1- 2 after that, that will work. Of course you can keep posting 3 a day if you'd like, if you think you can keep up with it. The first few weeks are going to be VERY slow. However, don't run Instagress while you also like photos. You will be banned quite quickly, just in case you didn't know ;)

Try and shoot for Top Posts in your hashtags. Make sure you through in some not so popular hashtags so you can start ranking Top in those posts first.

My first time I ranked in a sub par hashtag, I went from getting 75 likes per photo to 650 likes on that single photo. Plus a good amount of followers. So hashtags are so important!

monerap

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Dec 30, 2014

Thanks Mikkel.

OP said that he is promoting CPA offers on Insta. I agree with you on aff. links. The best way prepare a good e-mail sequence after collecting e-mails. Instagram is great to find the people who may insterested in your opt-in freebie.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
However, don't run Instagress while you also like photos. You will be banned quite quickly, just in case you didn't know ;)

Yeah, I read that warning on Instagress. All I'll do is look at photos on instagram while running the bot. Do you know why the ban happens?

Also, can I post photos while running Instagress or Followliker?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Thanks Mikkel.

OP said that he is promoting CPA offers on Insta. I agree with you on aff. links. The best way prepare a good e-mail sequence after collecting e-mails. Instagram is great to find the people who may insterested in your opt-in freebie.

This thread was made over a year ago. My guess would be that Instagram may have changed some thing around to make it more difficult to do CPA offers. However, only OP and other people who have correctly followed his footsteps would know. I tried problem solving this for quite some time and could not find a very good way around this. however, if you create your own website and then post these CPA links on that page, then that will work. The only problem is, will people click out before they click on that next page.

That was the only solution I found.

Yeah, I read that warning on Instagress. All I'll do is look at photos on instagram while running the bot. Do you know why the ban happens?

Also, can I post photos while running Instagress or Followliker?

The ban comes from liking to many photos at once OR Instagram finding out that you are liking Instagram posts way to fast to be humanly possible, which then in turn believes you a using a bot... which it would be correct. That is why I set my time between likes to be around 25-30 second delays(this can only be done in FollowLiker.) The equivalent would be the "speed" in which Instagress will like photos.

Yes, you can post photos while using both. FollowLiker allows you to automate posts through its software as well. I don't know if Instagress can do that though.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
The ban comes from liking to many photos at once OR Instagram finding out that you are liking Instagram posts way to fast to be humanly possible, which then in turn believes you a using a bot... which it would be correct. That is why I set my time between likes to be around 25-30 second delays(this can only be done in FollowLiker.) The equivalent would be the "speed" in which Instagress will like photos.

Yes, you can post photos while using both. FollowLiker allows you to automate posts through its software as well. I don't know if Instagress can do that though.

Hey, thanks. I'm on the journey to get some followers, and better yet, likes, man! My only follower left (it wasn't the powerlifter, he never followed me. It was some skinny dude), but I don't care. I'm going to post 3 pics/day.

Last edited:

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Just posted three new pics, all deadlift-related (and heavy, too!) Liking for 11 hours per day from 2AM-8AM and 11AM-2PM inclusive.

I started at 2:30AM today to vary the time. I can't always start liking at 2AM, I'm sure. Let's see how it goes.

Edit: started at 2:49AM, not 2:30AM. I didn't realize I set no times for Wednesday. Also, for Followliker, can I set actual manual times (start at 2:16AM today, 3:46AM tomorrow, etc.)

Last edited:

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
can I set actual manual times (start at 2:16AM today, 3:46AM tomorrow, etc.)

You can choose the days your start and end each session, however there is no option to set times to be different for each fay, but rather it says, what time would you like to start for the whole week.

I have been running both my accounts for 11 hours straight for just about every day and have not had any problems. I'll give them a break once every couple of weeks. I don't think you need to worry to much about spreading them out as you did before, but to each his own.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
You can choose the days your start and end each session, however there is no option to set times to be different for each fay, but rather it says, what time would you like to start for the whole week.

I have been running both my accounts for 11 hours straight for just about every day and have not had any problems. I'll give them a break once every couple of weeks. I don't think you need to worry to much about spreading them out as you did before, but to each his own.

5 follows today and a good amount of likes (8, 5 before I commented back). This is after more than 500 likes, so the conversion rate to follows so far is less than 1%. How was it for you?

I made sure to comment on every IG that liked my posts or followed me just to give back value. Some appreciated the comments and "support".

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I made sure to comment on every IG that liked my posts or followed me just to give back value. Some appreciated the comments and "support".

It heavily relies on your content and the amount of social proof you have.

When you first off, your follow back rate is going to be absolute garbage. That is for everyone.

You niche and content will also be quite important. One of my accounts, Hot Girls, raked in about 10-15% immediately just because most guys REALLY like hot girls. Lifting, although you are going to get guys who really like lifting, it is not quite as appealing just simply because you aren't a girl. That does not mean your account is bad or you will never reach the follow back rate as my hot girl account, but rather your account may gain interest and peak later on.

As said before, as you grow you will gain more followers per like. This is due to people realizing that the content you put out is worthy, because you have 10/20/30K followers. Social proof is so important. Along with the quality of your content, social proof will tell the average IGer that your content is worth checking out if you have thousands or even 10's of thousands of followers.

Just keep posting photos, have good hashtags and keep liking photos. You will gain more followers as long as you are targeting the right people.

Right now, my hot girl account gains about 30-35% follow back per like. I don't think I will ever get higher than that based on my likes. I have started to notice my increase in followers per day has been directly from social proof. At 10K followers I was gaining 20 followers per day organically. Now at 37K follwers I see between 100-150 followers per day. Once I hit 100K, who knows what I should expect.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
It heavily relies on your content and the amount of social proof you have.

When you first off, your follow back rate is going to be absolute garbage. That is for everyone.

You niche and content will also be quite important. One of my accounts, Hot Girls, raked in about 10-15% immediately just because most guys REALLY like hot girls. Lifting, although you are going to get guys who really like lifting, it is not quite as appealing just simply because you aren't a girl. That does not mean your account is bad or you will never reach the follow back rate as my hot girl account, but rather your account may gain interest and peak later on.

As said before, as you grow you will gain more followers per like. This is due to people realizing that the content you put out is worthy, because you have 10/20/30K followers. Social proof is so important. Along with the quality of your content, social proof will tell the average IGer that your content is worth checking out if you have thousands or even 10's of thousands of followers.

Just keep posting photos, have good hashtags and keep liking photos. You will gain more followers as long as you are targeting the right people.

Right now, my hot girl account gains about 30-35% follow back per like. I don't think I will ever get higher than that based on my likes. I have started to notice my increase in followers per day has been directly from social proof. At 10K followers I was gaining 20 followers per day organically. Now at 37K follwers I see between 100-150 followers per day. Once I hit 100K, who knows what I should expect.
How do you plan on monetizing the followers?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I plan on selling products that has to do with my niche. For example, selling protein powder, workout cloths or your own fitness courses(examples if I were to do fitness.)

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
I suggest liking photos of people who like specific niche related photos.

Is there a guide or something on the actual setup in FollowLiker to do this?

Thanks for great thread by the way :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.