The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hey,after a lot of time I finished reading the whole thread.

I took notes of whatever I found important but I have a question:

1)Are there any helpful courses or ebooks that you guys(and the OP) suggest?Apart from http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior...ram-ease-no-one-teaching-brain-dead-easy.html that OP talked about

If we talk in strict terms of what OP intended this thread to be for, I do not believe so. This is probably the best you are going to get. Remember, there is no step by step guide but rather general knowledge that you must implement. With each niche will come a unique way in marketing products. I myself have not strictly followed the OPs path so I don't know per say how to accomplish what he has done, but with some work I am sure you can figure it out!

This forum is great if you are on your path and need some insight on a problem that needs to be solved, but you have to take initiative and do the work leading up to that problem.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nero55

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 13, 2016
If we talk in strict terms of what OP intended this thread to be for, I do not believe so. This is probably the best you are going to get. Remember, there is no step by step guide but rather general knowledge that you must implement. With each niche will come a unique way in marketing products. I myself have not strictly followed the OPs path so I don't know per say how to accomplish what he has done, but with some work I am sure you can figure it out!

This forum is great if you are on your path and need some insight on a problem that needs to be solved, but you have to take initiative and do the work leading up to that problem.

You're totally right.All I was looking for were tips on how to make the profile more professional,what to write in the bio etc. I also noticed a problem on instagram by the way.My instagram profile picture is always blurry.I tried using both the recommended and a really high resolution but it was coming out the same.I looked it up and didn't find any solutions,do you happen to know anything about that?

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Just wanted to share a site that I found that may help us in our hashtags, not sure if you guys are already using this one but here it is:

hashtagify

Not sure how accurate the site it but it provides the top 10 hashtags related to the hashtag you want to use.

By the way, I am not affiliated to the site, just sharing. :D

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
I switched back to the follow/unfollow method for the last week or two and I nearly doubled my followers. Will keep doing this till I reach 5,000 or so followers until I go back to the like method and see if I get better results that time around.

SethTavis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 2, 2016
Little Rock, Arkansas
ok, I don't know if anyone has ran into this problem, I'm using www.sslprivateproxy.com and running the proxy through proxycap which in turn is running traffic into bluestacks. the problem is when I do an IP check in bluestacks it is still picking up my personal IP address. I'm trying to create more Instagram accounts without putting the ones I have in jeopardy.

ehraz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2016
I switched back to the follow/unfollow method for the last week or two and I nearly doubled my followers. Will keep doing this till I reach 5,000 or so followers until I go back to the like method and see if I get better results that time around.

Thats a great idea, i might also try this since i am not getting as many followers per day as i use to. Let me know how well it works for you.

ok, I don't know if anyone has ran into this problem, I'm using www.sslprivateproxy.com and running the proxy through proxycap which in turn is running traffic into bluestacks. the problem is when I do an IP check in bluestacks it is still picking up my personal IP address. I'm trying to create more Instagram accounts without putting the ones I have in jeopardy.

I did something similar to setup a few of my accounts but i used proxy-n-vpn.com instead. I purchased PVA instagram accounts so i didn't have the issue of creating them using a separate IP
The only issue i had was running out of days of my free trial for ProxyCap lol but everything else was fine. I was able to setup the proxies only for bluestacks.
Did you purchase ProxyCap? I am considering it since i need to setup a few more accounts.

For now, i only log in with bluestacks once in the beginning to setup the account then i wait a few days until i start posting & liking via FollowLiker. I do have to verify the account via email when i login so i am very cautious to when i start any activity on the accounts.

I recommend buying PVA Aged accounts if you find a trusted seller. Saves you time n you won't feel bad when/if IG bans them.

Broomie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 21, 2016
Hi All,

Has anyone looked at this course that is offered? http://wolfmillionaire.com/ (I have no affiliation with this site) I was wondering if anyone here had seen the course or even purchased it and could provide some feedback as to the approach that is used, is it similar to the approach in this thread?

dan easton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 3, 2016
Hey,

I have a question around best method to create accounts. Do you guys buy from a provider selling aged accounts or do you create your own fresh accounts? I've been buying aged accounts but notice a lot of blocks immediately when you start activity. It's making me think they instantly get flagged as spam accounts due to how they were created i.e. using different IP (usually in flagged locations), different PVA mobile numbers etc.

Keen to hear how everyone else is setting-up their accounts....I'm wasting too much time trying to get accounts back online and usually it's a lost cause as they are flagged as spam and just keep getting blocked.

Thanks,

Alex

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hey,

I have a question around best method to create accounts. Do you guys buy from a provider selling aged accounts or do you create your own fresh accounts? I've been buying aged accounts but notice a lot of blocks immediately when you start activity. It's making me think they instantly get flagged as spam accounts due to how they were created i.e. using different IP (usually in flagged locations), different PVA mobile numbers etc.

Keen to hear how everyone else is setting-up their accounts....I'm wasting too much time trying to get accounts back online and usually it's a lost cause as they are flagged as spam and just keep getting blocked.

Thanks,

Alex
You may be buying accounts that have been previously flagged. If you buy Mass planner I believe you can create new accounts. 5 for each IP address. Thats what ive heard at least.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
You may be buying accounts that have been previously flagged. If you buy Mass planner I believe you can create new accounts. 5 for each IP address. Thats what ive heard at least.
You used to be able to, but currently it's not working. Team is working on getting it back up and working again though!

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Anyone have any good round groups I can join? If so PM me

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
You used to be able to, but currently it's not working. Team is working on getting it back up and working again though!
Thanks for that update! Im looking into getting MassPlanner to help manage other peoples accounts. Not sure if it is worth $20 a month, but that is what a trial period is for!

Anyone have any good round groups I can join? If so PM me

At the moment I do not know of any that have originated from this forum. Any real group that you are looking for is right here at FLF. Just ask questions, I know id be glad to help you out!

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
Hey, have you had a chance to shoot the video showing us how you upload/post your photos? ie. the process you use, captions, etc.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hey, have you had a chance to shoot the video showing us how you upload/post your photos? ie. the process you use, captions, etc.
I have not. Ill be honest, I have been slacking on that side of things(Instagram Mentoring,) while trying to work on my business.

I have not forgotten about it though. I do not have a set date, but I do need my comouter fixed(should be getting it fixed in the next 2 weeks) before I even think about doing this.

I have been getting a steady amount of subscribers from that one video, so clearly there needs to be more videos!

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
I have not. Ill be honest, I have been slacking on that side of things(Instagram Mentoring,) while trying to work on my business.

I have not forgotten about it though. I do not have a set date, but I do need my comouter fixed(should be getting it fixed in the next 2 weeks) before I even think about doing this.

I have been getting a steady amount of subscribers from that one video, so clearly there needs to be more videos!
I implemented your settings on one of my accounts, to split test, I need more growth!

Ziad

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Dec 31, 2016
Canada
Just got in to the Instagram game! Have a few accounts running.

The information in this thread is golden. Thank you!

Do you just do follow/unfollow or likes and comments as well?

dagster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
May 9, 2014
Whew. Took a while but finally finished reading this whole thread. OK so I know that in order to manage more than 5 accounts you need to create them from another IP address and manage them through a proxy. But lets say for now I just want to manage 5 accounts, can I create those 5 accounts from the same device? Also, will I need 5 different phone #'s to verify those 5 accounts?

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Just got in to the Instagram game! Have a few accounts running.

The information in this thread is golden. Thank you!

Do you just do follow/unfollow or likes and comments as well?
I wouldn't follow/unfollow because eventually it will hurt your engagement

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Whew. Took a while but finally finished reading this whole thread. OK so I know that in order to manage more than 5 accounts you need to create them from another IP address and manage them through a proxy. But lets say for now I just want to manage 5 accounts, can I create those 5 accounts from the same device? Also, will I need 5 different phone #'s to verify those 5 accounts?
You can manage up to 5 accounts safely without the need of a proxy. As for the verification, see if you can do it through email.

dagster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
May 9, 2014
I can manage up to 5 accounts safely without the need of a proxy. As for the verification, see if you can do it through email.

There's some talk about phone verification on this thread, are you saying Instagram doesn't require you to phone verify those accounts?

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
There's some talk about phone verification on this thread, are you saying Instagram doesn't require you to phone verify those accounts?
I just recently created a new account, and when I signed up it gave me the option to create the account with an email or a phone. Since I chose email, it prompted me for an email verification.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012
I wouldn't follow/unfollow because eventually it will hurt your engagement
For new accounts follow/unfollow should work fine? Just unfollow accounts that don't follow you back and keep following accounts that follow you back till you get to 7,5k followers.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Thanks for all the great replies!

I'm planning on starting a YouTube channel in the near future as well as my own brand/e-commerce store and plan to use Instagram heavily to help grow awareness of these two platforms.

My question is, what strategy would you recommend for personal branding? Does it vary depending on the type of content you're promoting, or does it all generally follow a similar process?

Also, I'm not very familiar with Instagram bots and am curious about there functionality and what they're geared towards. Are they frowned upon from Instagrams POV? Or are they a legitimate tool that you would encourage the use of?

Thank you for your time, if you've already answered similar questions just let me know and I'll dig them out!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I'm curious on your thoughts on why it'd kill engagement?
For new accounts follow/unfollow should work fine? Just unfollow accounts that don't follow you back and keep following accounts that follow you back till you get to 7,5k followers.

It would specifically effect engagement, but the reason why it is good to have a large following is because it is social justification that your Instagram is "good" to follow. However, if you end up following 7,500 followers, then people will realise that the social justification for your large following is not due to your amazing Intsagram page, but rather because you just followed a lot of people.

This will affect your branding of your account. The following will not justifiy your superiority in your specific niche, because people will know it is not organic. That is why liking is so much better, because people don't know how to check whether people like photos to gain followers or not. You have to know what to look for.
Thanks for all the great replies!

I'm planning on starting a YouTube channel in the near future as well as my own brand/e-commerce store and plan to use Instagram heavily to help grow awareness of these two platforms.

My question is, what strategy would you recommend for personal branding? Does it vary depending on the type of content you're promoting, or does it all generally follow a similar process?

Also, I'm not very familiar with Instagram bots and am curious about there functionality and what they're geared towards. Are they frowned upon from Instagrams POV? Or are they a legitimate tool that you would encourage the use of?

Thank you for your time, if you've already answered similar questions just let me know and I'll dig them out!

Branding is quite straight forward, portray how you wish to be. Easier said then done. Personal branding can be done in different ways, my quick suggestion is to find a successful Instagramer who you'd like to be like, and try and copy their method. (This is what I tell people to do, when helping them start their Instagram accounts.)

Botting is frowned upon. However, you can beat the system. Don't be obnoxious and then people will not care. Don't follow/unfollow because people hate that. Don't spam DM messages. Don't spam generic comments like "awesome photo" on a photo of their dog that just passed away.
However, people love when you like their photo! So do that.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
It would specifically effect engagement, but the reason why it is good to have a large following is because it is social justification that your Instagram is "good" to follow. However, if you end up following 7,500 followers, then people will realise that the social justification for your large following is not due to your amazing Intsagram page, but rather because you just followed a lot of people.

This will affect your branding of your account. The following will not justifiy your superiority in your specific niche, because people will know it is not organic. That is why liking is so much better, because people don't know how to check whether people like photos to gain followers or not. You have to know what to look for.

Branding is quite straight forward, portray how you wish to be. Easier said then done. Personal branding can be done in different ways, my quick suggestion is to find a successful Instagramer who you'd like to be like, and try and copy their method. (This is what I tell people to do, when helping them start their Instagram accounts.)

Botting is frowned upon. However, you can beat the system. Don't be obnoxious and then people will not care. Don't follow/unfollow because people hate that. Don't spam DM messages. Don't spam generic comments like "awesome photo" on a photo of their dog that just passed away.
However, people love when you like their photo! So do that.

Thanks you for your reply, I appreciate the simplicity of it!

I'd would love to pick your brain further if at all possible, mind if we start a conversation if you have the time? If not, it's totally cool, I just figured no harm in asking! Again, thanks for the quick reply!

Joao PS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 16, 2016
Hey guys, what is the number do you guys seek of followers/day? I'm doing 30-50 with likes only, but I think it's so little...

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Thanks you for your reply, I appreciate the simplicity of it!

I'd would love to pick your brain further if at all possible, mind if we start a conversation if you have the time? If not, it's totally cool, I just figured no harm in asking! Again, thanks for the quick reply!

Just send me a message, I'm always up for chatting. I'll be away on vacation till Friday, not sure if I'll have Internet, so keep that in mind if I respond late.

Hey guys, what is the number do you guys seek of followers/day? I'm doing 30-50 with likes only, but I think it's so little...

Don't message your account to others. It would be unfair to compare my expectations to someone who just started out or someone who has a significantly larger following then myself.

Remember, each account will grow at different speeds. If your account is in a large niche in Instagram, you should expect to see larger amounts of followers per day, relative to the size of your account. Opposed those those in smaller niches, of course.

30-50 followers a day if your just starting out is not bad. Try and adjust your settings and really track your numbers each day. See what works best for you and just roll with it.

Joao PS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 16, 2016
What's your current follow count?
I have less than 500 followers, started December 30.

Don't message your account to others. It would be unfair to compare my expectations to someone who just started out or someone who has a significantly larger following then myself.

Remember, each account will grow at different speeds. If your account is in a large niche in Instagram, you should expect to see larger amounts of followers per day, relative to the size of your account. Opposed those those in smaller niches, of course.

30-50 followers a day if your just starting out is not bad. Try and adjust your settings and really track your numbers each day. See what works best for you and just roll with it.

I did 2 accounts in the same day, December 30. One reached 300 now and the other is almost 400. I'm trying... Thanks for the aswners.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.