The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[INSIDER CALL] Video Marketing: The Honest Way To Cheat Youtube.

Marketing, social media, advertising

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
Ok good, otherwise I typed out some notes for my own reference, that I could have shared. Definitely worth listening to.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Dennis asked me to go ahead and post the download link for his call. He is having technical difficulties with the edits of his recording. He may post a different link at some point but for now he wanted to make the recording available.

Click here to download call.

Thanks again to those that made the call live and also those that had questions.

If you have any other questions or need clarification on anything discussed during the call please post here in this call thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
I also missed it unintentionally, due to busy schedule. Thanks for the download.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Dennis,
I have a bonus question for you that I had wanted to ask on the call:

From your point of view as a video producer - what is your "wish list", or ideal minimum specs you would like to see from someone who sends you a video script? What I mean is - say I have an idea in my head for a promotional video I want made. How much detail should I go into before handing a script over to someone who can make my video?

Thanks!

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
Speed + for the great call Dennis. And thanks for organizing again Allen.

Dao

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jul 17, 2012
Dennis, I got a video-marketing consulting gig literally the same afternoon after the call. Thanks, man!

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Dennis,
I have a bonus question for you that I had wanted to ask on the call:

From your point of view as a video producer - what is your "wish list", or ideal minimum specs you would like to see from someone who sends you a video script? What I mean is - say I have an idea in my head for a promotional video I want made. How much detail should I go into before handing a script over to someone who can make my video?

Thanks!

Hey. Complex answer to this. I've decided to answer this in audio form. I'll be recording episode #3 of the podcast addressed dedicated entirely to this question.

I'm also in the midst of developing an accompanying worksheet. Expect both of these this week.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey. Complex answer to this. I've decided to answer this in audio form. I'll be recording episode #3 of the podcast addressed dedicated entirely to this question.

I'm also in the midst of developing an accompanying worksheet. Expect both of these this week.

Awesome! I will be listening in for sure. :)

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Awesome! I will be listening in for sure. :)

I honestly thought the audio would be done by now.

Unfortunately, I'm having a difficult time finding enough QUIET to record the audio. I have however, created some assets.

Here's a short written answer:

There are the marketers, and there are what I call technicians.

Marketers
Marketers are more than capable of generating an entire script based off a simple idea. What's more important to the marketer is information about your business. Your unique selling proposition, your products, your company culture. Also important to know are the EXACT intended usage of your video. Usually a video marketer will have a better idea of what's possible, and how to utilize the video format to get the results you're looking for. These guys are much more expensive, however.

Technicians
Technicians are the video guys who WORKED for marketers and now they're out freelancing for themselves. They don't understand selling, but they have a great grasp of how to accomplish your video needs. When working with video technicians you have to extract relevance from your situation yourself. You have to figure out the best way to communicate your company culture using video, you have to figure out the best duration for the video yourself, you have to figure out at which point to present your CTA.

When dealing with technicians, give them a FULL detailed script, blow by blow, nothing left out.

To create a standard AV script... in Microsoft word insert a table with two columns. The left column is your 'audio' where you detail your script. In the right column is your accompanying visuals. Go into as much detail as possible. Another way to do this is with a storyboard. A storyboard consists of drawings of each major point in the video with accompanying descriptions.

When working with an experienced marketer, going into such detail might be a drag. What the client thinks is 'good' isn't always the best, and it takes too long to educate them on WHY.

References
Regardless of who you're working with, communicating 'vibe' or 'feel' is difficult. Any examples of videos you like, or want the producer to use as inspiration are always important.

Assets
I've attached a worksheet to fill-out when working with any video client. The options here will clarify the major points and will keep both of you happy. I've also included a storyboard and AV Script template.

I don't really know how to made these PDFs editable, I'll figure it out later. Should be useful anyways.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for taking the time to write up some great info to answer my question! Speed+

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
How do I manage to miss all the calls?

Good thing I got this forum on my phone now

Don't feel too bad, I did this call March 8th of LAST YEAR, ... which, according to your 'joined' stat, is 9 months before you joined the forum.
hope you get a lot out of it :-D

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Don't feel too bad, I did this call March 8th of LAST YEAR, ... which, according to your 'joined' stat, is 9 months before you joined the forum.
hope you get a lot out of it :-D

oh lmao. i didn't look at the year haha

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Last edited by a moderator:

Justin.p

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jul 10, 2014
Austin, TX
The second call recording URL is now also dead, Dropbox reports:
"Nothing Here
The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved."

Thanks in advance if it is possible to get a working URL for this!! I just became an INSIDERS otherwise I'd have been listening live for sure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.