Hi everyone, so I have been looking for a digital marketing job for a while but it seems impossible without a degree. I don't see the logic behind employers, when marketing degrees teach nothing about SEO for example, what is it exactly they are looking for in a degree? Anyways... my real question is there any tips that you guys can give me to increase my chances of getting a job that requires a degree when I don't have one?
I think my CV and resume is pretty good, I've mentioned for example in my CV, the online courses and that on digital marketing that I have taken, my own projects that I have worked on, and I wrote I was willing to work from home and put in the extra hours. Has anyone here ever gotten a job where it required a degree but you managed to convince the hiring manager somehow that even without it you are a good fit for the role? I've also tried to apply for copy-writing jobs but no luck there.
I think my CV and resume is pretty good, I've mentioned for example in my CV, the online courses and that on digital marketing that I have taken, my own projects that I have worked on, and I wrote I was willing to work from home and put in the extra hours. Has anyone here ever gotten a job where it required a degree but you managed to convince the hiring manager somehow that even without it you are a good fit for the role? I've also tried to apply for copy-writing jobs but no luck there.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
