The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm starting a marketing agancy

Marketing, social media, advertising

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
Hey fastlaners,

I doubt anyone has read my previous thread about my amazon business and to be honest it's not much value in there so i understand why.

I'm a 20 yrs old living in Sweden, I currently own a Ecom business selling on amazon. For a few months i've been enjoying some traveling and only having to work a few hours per week. However I want more..

I only make about $1.8k/m from my amazon business, this is enough for me to live on right now but i want to scale. To do so i need more cash.

So, here is my plan..

My main skill is marketing, mainly on facebook. I have some great results from previous work i've done on my own business. So my thinking is that i might aswell do this for other businesses.

Step one: put together a nice case study/portfolio of my previous work.
Step two: set up SM accounts
Step three: Use facebook to find businesses in need of my service(i'm thinking real estate)
Step four: Call every business owner untill someone wants to talk to me
Step five: over deliver

I'll charge $1500/m to start with and an ad budget of $500, so a total of $2000/m. I should easily be able to provide enough revenue for it to be worth it.

Not sure how much time one client is, but form working on my own business i should be able to handle atleast 5 clients before outsourcing.

I've never worked with clients before so i'm sure i'll make some mistakes. I'm pretty nervous about calling these businesses, i've got no experience in sales but i'm sure i'll be alright.

I'll do my best to document the journey here, i'm a slow writer so expect no more then an update per week.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Step one: Reach out to people you already know and see if anyone needs help with their digital marketing (maybe don’t call it that though).

You may want to check out the “Inbound braindump” in my signature, and also listen to the first radio interview in my signature.

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
Step one: Reach out to people you already know and see if anyone needs help with their digital marketing (maybe don’t call it that though).

Don't have much contacts but i'll do some digging so what i can find.

Yeah i think my selling point is simply "more clients and more revenue".

U

User62861

First call might be scary, but try to look it diferently. Tell yourself you dont have anything to lose and try to be excited about it, not nervous!

If you ask some big athletes how they feel before the biggest match of their lifes, they wont tell you they are nervous....they will say, they are excited.

Also, I would like to know more about your current biz (what you sell, how you sell, you have your own product?).Feel free to leave out anything you are not comfortable sharing. Can you tell me more here or DM me? I would like to create something like that that will give me $2-3k a month (maybe more in the future).

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
First call might be scary, but try to look it diferently. Tell yourself you dont have anything to lose and try to be excited about it, not nervous!

If you ask some big athletes how they feel before the biggest match of their lifes, they wont tell you they are nervous....they will say, they are excited.

Also, I would like to know more about your current biz (what you sell, how you sell, you have your own product?).Feel free to leave out anything you are not comfortable sharing. Can you tell me more here or DM me? I would like to create something like that that will give me $2-3k a month (maybe more in the future).

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'm pretty busy right now, I'll try to throw together a post about it this weekend. There is a lot of hype around amazon right now so be carefull with who you listen to. There are a lot of marketers that are flashing their lamborghinis and selling shitty courses.

Check out the podcast "smart passive income" episode 144. It does a good job explaining the basics :)

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
Great to hear you've made it on Amazon. Good luck on your marketing agency.

My question would be why not make another 5 products that bring in the same money from Amazon maybe? like scale what you know already? otherwise gluck.

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
My question would be why not make another 5 products that bring in the same money from Amazon maybe? like scale what you know already? otherwise gluck.

That is the plan but right now amazon is covering my living expenses, but i have no money left over to launch new products. So i'm starting this business to fund my amazon business pretty much.

And also amazon in nature is very passive so i only spend about 3-6 hours per week on it. plenty of time to launch another business :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't have much contacts but i'll do some digging so what i can find.

Yeah i think my selling point is simply "more clients and more revenue".
Your selling point is that they know you and you’ll roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. ;)

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
Update!

Step one: put together a nice case study/portfolio of my previous work.
Step two: set up SM accounts
Step three: Use facebook to find businesses in need of my service(i'm thinking real estate)
Step four: Call every business owner untill someone wants to talk to me
Step five: over deliver

Last night i set up my social accounts, planned some posts and I created a logo. This part i feel like it's very easy to start action faking so made sure to have strict objectives to make sure i wouldn't spend to much time here.

This morning i oversleeped and woke up at 8. Got pretty mad at myself, and tommorrow i'm placing my alarm away from my bed to make sure i can't snooze.

Started researching businesses and put together an excel sheet with 10 potential clients, The great thing about these small/medium sized businesses is that it's very easy to find the owners name and phone number. This way i don't have to convince some secretary to allow me to talk to the boss.

I've called 5 of the 10 businesses and 1 of them was interested, but she said it was not a good time and i should call back in 6 months. I got her email tho and i'm going to send a free video audit going over her business and some of my previous work.

The first 3 calls my voice was shaky and i personally wouldn't have bought anything from me.. After that i looked myself in the mirror and told myself to stop being a b*tch. After all i'm providing a service that will actually help these businesses.

@Andy Black Gave me some good advice to start with my contacts, the problem is that i don't have any. I'm looking for some networking events in nearby cities to solve this. Untill then i'm going to keep calling businesses.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black Gave me some good advice to start with my contacts, the problem is that i don't have any. I'm looking for some networking events in nearby cities to solve this. Untill then i'm going to keep calling businesses.
I even got clients when I went on business courses where I wanted to learn. "What do you all do?" is the first question. Cue short intro, people making a mental note, then people talking to me at coffee breaks.

Further reading?

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
Are there enough companies who can pay that amount of money per month in Sweden?

$1500 per month is not a lot of money, hiring a fulltime marketing guy would cost more then double that. But to answer your question yes there are plenty of businesses that can afford and would benefit form this service.

After all, my clients will always be making more money on this deal then I will.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Good luck on your journey fellow Scandinavian!

I am doing almost the same thing as you except that I am targeting the fitness industry in mostly Denmark but also the US.

Where in Sweden are you from? I will be moving to Sweden in around a months time, so could be great to network with a like-minded Fastlane in real life!

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
Good luck on your journey fellow Scandinavian!

I am doing almost the same thing as you except that I am targeting the fitness industry in mostly Denmark but also the US.

Where in Sweden are you from? I will be moving to Sweden in around a months time, so could be great to network with a like-minded Fastlane in real life!

I'm in central Sweden, close to Stockholm (don't want to give exact location on public forum)
Let me know if you're around and we'll grab some "fika" :)

FalconMD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 12, 2017
Sweden
Nice to see fellow swedes here! I don't have any insight regarding the niche your going into (I'm just getting started into the world of business in general) but I wanted to wish you the best on your journey and I am looking forward to your updates. I commend you for being so aware about the risk of action faking, that's a trap that really gets to me.

One thought I had was that maybe you could initially offer your services for a lower fee for the first few customers (for a period of time) in exchange for them acting as a reference for future potential customers? And maybe use reviews from them (as a part of the deal) as social proof for use on your website/ads etc.? As I said I'm completely new to this, and maybe that's a big no-no in the world of business, I really have no idea, but I just wanted to try to give some value to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.