The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm so damn impatient

Anything related to matters of the mind
G

GuestUser116

If I start something I put all my focus into it. I don't multitask. It's tight but I have no patience at all. Not patience like lifting those last few reps on bench press. I mean patience like having to work a few hours on something daily in the span of a year to reach a certain goal. I'd rather work 1-2 months straight 24/7 and reach that certain goal.

Business requires time though, and I don't have the patience for time. Time in the future is time I don't control or am guaranteed to have.

Putting this into words isn't easy, so I don't know if it will make sense to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Two options:

1) Buy a $47 push button product that will make you a millionaire in 15 minutes.

2) Work fully focused on a single project for 1 week and post progress here.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
With a post like this, of course people are going to F*ck with you. Our solution here for everything is tough love, and you need a boot to the a$$.

You need focus. Focus on what you want. Have that goal right in front of you. Tape a god damn piece of paper with that goal written on it right on your computer screen.

You don't need motivation, because if you're anything like me you'll get super hype over something then burn out when it stops being fun. You need discipline. You need to force yourself to do what needs to be done. Day in and day out. DO IT EVERY DAY. No excuses.

Then when you start making some money and helping people with their problems, you'll get some motivation from that. That will burn out too, so keep going.

You don't need to be motivated, you just gotta want it enough to trudge through the shit, knowing that despite how hard, tedious, boring, disappointing the work is, you're still getting closer to your goals.

Don't think. Trust. Don't ask. Focus. Will you make a wrong turn? Probably. It'll feel like all your time has been wasted except... it hasn't. Stop worrying about trying to get shit right the first time because I'm telling you right now: you won't.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
G

GuestUser113

Two options:

1) Buy a $47 push button product that will make you a millionaire in 15 minutes.

2) Work fully focused on a single project for 1 week and post progress here.

He can become a "All-Star Marketer". I wouldn't advise competing against agent pronto. That guy is ruthless with lead gen (aka affiliate marketer). Mean hell all big businesses are Affiliates. Walmart, etc...

or

10e9b6be4010e9effb267635a0a8be49acceac65657ea2974160b3e487c12bdd.jpg

scott.legendre

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
235%
Aug 5, 2013
If I start something I put all my focus into it. I don't multitask. It's tight but I have no patience at all. Not patience like lifting those last few reps on bench press. I mean patience like having to work a few hours on something daily in the span of a year to reach a certain goal. I'd rather work 1-2 months straight 24/7 and reach that certain goal.

Business requires time though, and I don't have the patience for time. Time in the future is time I don't control or am guaranteed to have.

Putting this into words isn't easy, so I don't know if it will make sense to you.

How many times did you go to the gym to get to the point that you could even lift "those last few reps on the bench press"?

You don't need patience to accomplish what is sitting right in front of your face to do at this moment. just go get it done.

before you make a million, you have to make a hundred.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
That's very black and white.

Is it really? Go into it.

Can a farmer force a seed to sprout before it's time by stamping around and shouting at the ground?

No.

Can a farmer force a seed to sprout before it's time by remaining calm and trusting the process?

No.

Seems to me that when the farmer is tending his garden, his attitude during that time is only for his benefit.

"The Process" doesn't care what 'attitude' you bring to the work.

Whatever your venture, do all that you can and trust the process to bring you your yield.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I have no patience either. I threw hail marys for a few years until I was done.

What I learnt is, impatience is just bottled frustration.
You gotta let that frustration out until it becomes passion.
And passion has to be let out until you bottle it up and turn it into focus.

Then from there, take your skars, and build all your future off blood, sweat and tears.
Fight for fulfilment.
And focus on the stuff that makes you happier.

Then crawl your a## to victory

edit: Haha the watermelon crawl!
Perfect
I love it

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Business requires time though
I view this as a limiting belief. Business success is NOT a matter of time actually.. It's a matter of pushing forward quickly, and tackling enough obstacles to get to the point where there are less obstacles to hold you back.

My advice for you. Find somebody who has done what you did, have a mentor...and do EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAY every day. Take action on it immediately and impress them with how quickly you put their advice into practice. When they see that you are an action taker, they will teach you some more higher level stuff.

And when you continue to put this focused advice into practice immediately, you will achieve success quicker.

No need to be impatient. Get on the right trail and you will see yourself surpass milestones very quickly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.