The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm confused, afraid and angry

Ayush_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 18, 2022
First of all I must confess that I'm typing this post in a little rage. I've always been a good student throughout my school life and next year I'm going to start my bachelor's. I belong to a middle class family and my father passed away when I was 8. Today I came to know that my cousin is going abroad(Singapore) for his bachelor's in NTU, one of the best uni in the world. Even though he wasn't as good as me in any field. Then how did he get there and not me? Money. It's really frustrating when you know the next person is not of your Calibre and still is well off. I am not saying it's the end and it's going to be like this. But the point is he's got a headstart ahead of me. I read in TMF that unis don't matter if you have knowledge. But in this country to start a business i need capital and capital will come from a job. The better the job, better the capital gain. And for a job of that extent i would need a tier 1 uni which due to such a high population requires too much competition. How am I supposed to set up for an entrepreneurial journey in a developing country with little to no capital.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

missinfinity98

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 25, 2021
There are many ways to fund a business. Remember emotional pain, can be the pain of growth

b.stod

unplugged unscriptee
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 29, 2022
United States
Life is not fair and it never will be. You have to play the cards you are dealt. You need to focus on your life and not worry about anyone else because there will always be someone that "has it better than you". You turn the tables of luck by working your a$$ off.

What type of degree are you working towards?

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
First of all I must confess that I'm typing this post in a little rage. I've always been a good student throughout my school life and next year I'm going to start my bachelor's. I belong to a middle class family and my father passed away when I was 8. Today I came to know that my cousin is going abroad(Singapore) for his bachelor's in NTU, one of the best uni in the world. Even though he wasn't as good as me in any field. Then how did he get there and not me? Money. It's really frustrating when you know the next person is not of your Calibre and still is well off. I am not saying it's the end and it's going to be like this. But the point is he's got a headstart ahead of me. I read in TMF that unis don't matter if you have knowledge. But in this country to start a business i need capital and capital will come from a job. The better the job, better the capital gain. And for a job of that extent i would need a tier 1 uni which due to such a high population requires too much competition. How am I supposed to set up for an entrepreneurial journey in a developing country with little to no capital.
Outwork them. That's the only lever you can pull. Life isn't fair.

Some people are just born billionaires, with 6 feet height and six abs without struggling for it. Hating them won't change your reality.

Working your a$$ off and pursuing the Fastlane will.

And by the way, you can fund a business without uni. Learn a valuable skill that the global market will pay you generously for if the wages in your country are shit.

Ayush_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 18, 2022
Life is not fair and it never will be. You have to play the cards you are dealt. You need to focus on your life and not worry about anyone else because there will always be someone that "has it better than you". You turn the tables of luck by working your a$$ off.

What type of degree are you working towards?
Most probably a bachelor's in computer science and then an MBA. I'm open to advice though as i am not much aware of it.

b.stod

unplugged unscriptee
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 29, 2022
United States
Most probably a bachelor's in computer science and then an MBA. I'm open to advice though as i am not much aware of it.
If your school is being paid for then studying computer science probably wouldn't be a bad idea as long as you get a side job while your in uni so you can gain some real world job experience. (Waiting tables, working at computer repair store)

BUT if your school is not being completely paid for and you don't know what you want to go to school for your probably wasting your time. You can easily pick up a trade instead of going to school (welding, electrican, plumbing) and end up making enough money to support yourself and fund your fastlane business endeavors. Going into debt for "most probably a bachelor's in CS" sounds like a waste of time to me

Joshua Ling

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2021
Singapore
I would say that remember what you wrote here or even write it down somewhere you can see it! This statement may very well be your FTE. Life isn't fair but what matters is not others, but yourself. What you can do is to try and gain control of your very own life. Choose clearly what you want to do, what path do you want to take?

Don't think too far out before starting, that's setting yourself to fail when you see how far or how high your target is, you just lose interest. A thousand mile journey starts from a single step. Have you figured out what type of problem can be solved? Have you figured out any CENTS framework? Have you researched any market? If not then why should you be afraid of the capital when you don't even know how much capital you need or you should work towards?

If I were advicing myself at this age, I would probably say that be a sponge and learn, life has still many things to offer, many things you probably have not even explore yet, great things take time, take your time to understand, to plan and chart it out, who knows what you will find along the way? ^_^

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
sorry for your father.
The only that you must know is this: The most people who built this World are from nothing. That said, they didn't have everything. They were underdogs. A few had it all. So you know that you are not alone in finding yourself in this situation. Get to work and forget about your cousin who is one step ahead of you. Don't compare yourself to him, but compare yourself to the person you are becoming every day. Just seek to become better through the acquisition of valuable skills.

Bravery.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.