The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You Were A Moderator

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can it be that there was a section in the forum in which we could buy and sell each other's websites?

That would be the marketplace.

We've actually had a couple of people sell their websites there.

$49, no commission.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
1.This forum is addictive .If I were a moderator I would have an option by which you will get logged out automatically once your stipulated time(this user will decide) is over. Or having a timer reminding you time you have spent on the forum already.
2. Allowing community member to rate a thread .I mean Gold/Notable thread category is awesome but if we can have some rating system(out of 100) then it will be more helpful for forum member to spend time productively .
3. Letting people know why a person was banned(may be create a thread for it) . I remember reading a Gold thread by member Icecream Kid in which he mentions a user named Z.... multiple times but I never came to know why Z... was banned .
4. Allow polling options on the forum. Like there is one thread currently :
is Coding/Programming considered a barrier to entry?
we can have a simple Yes/No poll for such query.
5. Allowing groups on the forum .Like person working on e-commerce business can form their own group and ask question/give suggestion in that. This group should however be accessible to all. This way in some time we will have groups/discussions related to a particular business and person interested in that business can search/start contributing/learning right away.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1.This forum is addictive .If I were a moderator I would have an option by which you will get logged out automatically once your stipulated time(this user will decide) is over. Or having a timer reminding you time you have spent on the forum already.

This won't happen, but there are apps/software that already do this. Find it, and install it.

2. Allowing community member to rate a thread .I mean Gold/Notable thread category is awesome but if we can have some rating system(out of 100) then it will be more helpful for forum member to spend time productively .

There used to be a star system -- 1 to 5. People rarely used it. Nonetheless, some new software I've been looking into does have this feature.

3. Letting people know why a person was banned(may be create a thread for it) . I remember reading a Gold thread by member Icecream Kid in which he mentions a user named Z.... multiple times but I never came to know why Z... was banned .

The details are not needed to be known. A person is banned from the forum for only two reasons:

1) Spam.
2) Behavior not conducive to the forum's mission. (Could be a variety of things from trolling, deceptive advocation, to fraudulent bro-marketing).

4. Allow polling options on the forum. Like there is one thread currently :
is Coding/Programming considered a barrier to entry?

Polls already exist at the forum. When creating a thread, click "CReate a Poll".

5. Allowing groups on the forum .Like person working on e-commerce business can form their own group and ask question/give suggestion in that. This group should however be accessible to all. This way in some time we will have groups/discussions related to a particular business and person interested in that business can search/start contributing/learning right away.

We also had this in our prior version but again, it was rarely used. Nonetheless, this option is available in the newer software I've been examining. So a possibility to return!

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
This won't happen, but there are apps/software that already do this. Find it, and install it.

There used to be a star system -- 1 to 5. People rarely used it. Nonetheless, some new software I've been looking into does have this feature.

The details are not needed to be known. A person is banned from the forum for only two reasons:

1) Spam.
2) Behavior not conducive to the forum's mission. (Could be a variety of things from trolling, deceptive advocation, to fraudulent bro-marketing).

Polls already exist at the forum. When creating a thread, click "CReate a Poll".

We also had this in our prior version but again, it was rarely used. Nonetheless, this option is available in the newer software I've been examining. So a possibility to return!
Wow ...M J thanks for reading and replying to my points .

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well I never thought I'd say it, but I've started the process of moving the forum from Xenforo to a new software provider.

After spending some considerable time looking at Xenforo 2 and being totally underwhelmed and unhappy with what they've done, and more importantly, what they haven't done, my research has begun.

Not looking forward to it though, switching software is a total disruption to what people see as normal. Years ago the switch from VB to Xenforo wasn't a leisurely stroll through the park.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
No!!! :frown:

I love xenforo. </3

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure how others feel about it, but it always frustrates me when I reply to a new thread and by default (if I don't opt out when posting) I receive email notifications about it. It makes sense to automatically add the thread to watched threads, but I think that email notifications should be an opt-in thing.

eagleye101

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 24, 2013
Athens, Greece
TL;DR

Please make it possible for threads to have an opening post that can be edited as a TL;DR about the whole thread (by the author). It's literally impossible to read all replies to some threads with more than 1000 replies. And some golden nuggets are hidden there.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
TL;DR

Please make it possible for threads to have an opening post that can be edited as a TL;DR about the whole thread (by the author). It's literally impossible to read all replies to some threads with more than 1000 replies. And some golden nuggets are hidden there.

This isn’t the TL;DR part, but if you click “most liked posts” it will sort replies by the best content. Helps get those golden nuggets to float to the top.

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
Make it so I could view the posts of users that hide their profiles. I understand why they may hide their profile access but some of the posts are highly valuable.

edit: It's real easy to just use an advanced search... Funny how many times you solve your own problem shortly after thinking about the problem.

Last edited:

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Funny how many times you solve your own problem shortly after thinking about the problem.

That's real customer service! While you were writing to ask about a solution, they beamed the answer right into your brain :smile2:

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
the problem with this forum is that this is just random posts with no superior structure to harness the energy and talent of people.

the energy is wasted in pointless replies and boring small talks.

there is no focus. like a light bulb, the energy is wasted in all directions.

instead this forum should become a giant laser beam applied to each case to solve problems

the energy is employed to its full extent

the idea comes from watching hot seats in seminars and masterminds groups

everybody in the room thinks on one problem

there should be topics to brainstorm things.

hot topic : " mastermind group on marketing "

" mastermind group on this "

" mastermind group on that"

so that the power and energy of people can be focused on the right topic instead of being wasted in pointless replies .

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I thought that was a really negative and weird reply until I saw your suggestion at the bottom of your post, thats actually a cool idea, have a mastermind section, with subsections on marketing etc where people can create threads where they have a specific thing they need help with and the threads are just solely focused on just that problem until it's solved and the thread dies, if you have a new problem, you need to start a new thread. Yeah we have progress threads, AMAs and sections which you can post in and get ideas and help, but I think this would be different. These would be super easy to search for too to find similar problems that have been solved instead of looking for a random reply in someones progress thread or AMA.

Kade

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 6, 2017
France
the problem with this forum is that this is just random posts with no superior structure to harness the energy and talent of people.

the energy is wasted in pointless replies and boring small talks.

there is no focus. like a light bulb, the energy is wasted in all directions.

View attachment 25740

instead this forum should become a giant laser beam applied to each case to solve problems

the energy is employed to its full extent

View attachment 25741

View attachment 25742

the idea comes from watching hot seats in seminars and masterminds groups

everybody in the room thinks on one problem

there should be topics to brainstorm things.

hot topic : " mastermind group on marketing "

" mastermind group on this "

" mastermind group on that"

so that the power and energy of people can be focused on the right topic instead of being wasted in pointless replies .

Along the lines of this thought:
Is it possible to disable this header ? "Latest Posts | New Topics | Trending"
This would make the forum way more navigable, and allow each of us to dive into select forums.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
If you were a moderator, or if you owned the forum...

What would you do differently to make this forum better?

Anything goes. Great answers/suggestions/ideas will get you rep$$.

Suggesting MJ fire me might get your IP address banned.

Go.
Give forum members the option to delete their post.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
yea that would be really helpful, especially considering how impulsive i am lol

i think MJ may object to this as people have abused this in the past, ie going back and deleting all their old posts robbing the forum of value

but perhaps if there were a time limit on it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Maybe a delete option available for up to 1-3 minutes after you post it only. Or you can only delete it if nobody has replied to it.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Maybe a delete option available for up to 1-3 minutes after you post it only. Or you can only delete it if nobody has replied to it.

Agreed with the time-based system. I do this with email. It's been set to allow for 1 minute to hit undo after hitting the send button. During that minute I'll find myself urgently checking over important emails. Often times the pressure of 1 minute will help me find what I've otherwise missed.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I'd add a little "OP" tag to the picture of whoever started the threa...WAIT A MINUTEEEEE

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
i think just set it for the same amount of time you have to edit your posts...

i think much of the concern is... some people post content, then a year or two later they decide 'i don't want all my business out there' or they get mad at someone on the staff and just go back and delete ALL their shit

i forget the time limit for editing post, but i think it's a WHILE.. i think it may even be weeks. i think the amount of time we have to edit posts is sufficient, and theoretically you can abuse the system the same way with the edit system (ie just going in editing all your posts and writing 'deleted'). but as far as i know, there haven't been any issues with abuse of that

also there are technical limitations to the forums unless you actually hire a programmer you're limited to the settings a forum gives you. and i remember the forum i used to Administrate you had to set the delete and edit time limits to the same limit, just as a limitation of the software

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
so new creative ideas can't really reach people since moderators 's limited point of view decide what is right and wrong.

no place for superior understanding outside the accepted truths

i am fed up with moderators's limited understanding of life and i quit posting on this forum

for ever.

but you should understand that people with superior understanding won't be stopped by your limited point of view in life.

you can stop them here

not in life

when you will encouter them, you will lose 100 % of the time

guaranteed. you can't stop intelligence. hard times are coming. your limited point of view wil destroy you

have a nice day

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Shame to see you go @guy93777 I enjoy your posts but do what you have to do.

If I were a moderator I'd be quicker to wipe people out but I understand why that's not necessarily the environment the forum wants*, and I for one like that people can't delete their comments. Take the time to think about what you're writing or don't write it at all.

*EDIT Maybe there needs to be some thought into 30 day bans or something along those lines, some posters seem to get a bit excited about trolling and getting reactions, which is nothing more than a waste of everyones time. Let them sit in the naughty corner and think about if they actually want to be here for the right reasons, or they can wander off onto other internet platforms to get their fix.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
so new creative ideas can't really reach people since moderators 's limited point of view decide what is right and wrong.

i am fed up with moderators's limited understanding of life and i quit posting on this forum

for ever.

but you should understand that people with superior understanding won't be stopped by your limited point of view in life.

you can stop them here

not in life

guaranteed. you can't stop intelligence. hard times are coming. your limited point of view wil destroy you

have a nice day

You’re a broken record.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
i am fed up

I think this is the 5th time you announced your departure, not to mention a prior banning. I have no idea what prompted this (haven't been at the forum much today) but I'm guessing you hijacked another thread with more of your tangential rants that do nothing but derail the original topic.

Incidentally, the MODS perform their duties at the BEHEST of the members who report posts as nuisances or hijacks. So perhaps your gripe isn't with the MODS, but with the MEMBERS who continually report your posts as noise.

for ever.

and i am fed up with your limited understanding that not everyone here wants to hear your latest philosophical musings in an eCommerce thread.

And BTW, the last time you left "forever" it was 2 months. Some forever.

Incidentally, I thought your latest forum posts where more measured and appropriate hence why you were never re-banned (after your original ban and new account was discovered) so I have no clue what "mod action" prompted this. I haven't deleted any of your posts in months, and I see nothing in the mod logs recently either.

So perhaps you're hyperventilating over nothing, which wouldn't surprise me.

For someone so supposedly enlightened, you flip-and-snip whenever the wind blows the wrong way.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Hmm, I'm wondering if somehow the INSIDERS section can follow a similar model as Medium.

How about affiliate links to market INSIDERS subscriptions and/or the books?

Maybe a section on the forum for member-created groups (with rules and restrictions).

A section to find and hire freelancers?

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
On forums where you can 'neg' people it quickly becomes a "whoever has more rep is always right" game. I think the rep system is fine as is. Putting someone on ignore works well for the toxic people.
Exactly. I've seen the damage of the "neg" option on forums and it's always abused.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

for ever.

you can stop them here

not in life

have a nice day

You gotta chill out man.. like your posts are good, and sometimes some of the best on the forum, but I agree with some of the criticisms. You kinda go off on tangents.

People don't criticize you on your content, which is generally quite good (or at least thought provoking,) it's more your presentation.

You have this 'me against the world' thing going, but nobody is really against you.

Fitting in isn't about being a 'sheep'.. it's sometimes essential to get your point across. Whenever someone says something I disagree with I try to see their point. I try to treat everybody like they might have the most valuable information I've ever heard. This habit forces me to try to see other viewpoints at all times.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.