• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

*UNSCRIPTED* Identity Hacking: How to Kill Your Status Quo

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by MJ DeMarco, Jun 28, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
Tags:
  1. Sequential

Sequential Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $75
    Because the brain doesn't know the difference between a visualisation and an actual experience.

David R Hamilton PhD | Does your brain distinguish real from imaginary?David R Hamilton PhD

And your whole body, ego and everything else depend on your experiences.

Nekoemon likes this.
  2. Nekoemon

Nekoemon Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $148
    The subconscious part doesn't, but the conscious does. Otherwise thinking of a chocolate cake would be as good as eating a real one, which is not the case. That's why when you dream you can feel sensations as if they were real. Under hypnosis too.
    This being said, as long as you know how to manipulate your subconscious mind, you can fool your brain quite easily.

Ascension likes this.
  3. eagleye101

eagleye101 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $731
    This is a huge topic and it goes deep.
    After reading the section about identity shift in the Unscripted book, I was reminded of something I knew but forgot.

I use to be a smokeer.
    One day, September of 2013 I was smoking a cigarette. Suddently, it felt like shit. The taste, the smell, the dizziness. And I thought "why the f* am I doing this to myself? I hate it and it costs health, money and bad breath"

So I put it off. It was one moment of clearity, an AHA moment, an identity shift. It's been 4 year and I haven't smoked once, even if I was smoking since a teenager.

Experiencing an identity shift, is totally different from "knowing" it.

I have a day-job. I've been working here for 14yrs. It's been 14yrs of identity building!

I've had entrepreneurial experience. I've made money. But my identity remains. I am an employee that does entrepreneurial activities. It is hard to see the truth in the eyes.

I called my best friend which was reading Unscripted at the same time as me. He was an employee, he started a business but then quit to go back to another job. I told him "this is it" right there. This is our problem. Our identity has built strong towards the script.

You cannot have an identity shift in your head. You have to feel it in your heart, you have to feel your body shake. You cannot have an identity shift and be the same person anymore. You have to become "not me". Inside, your whole being has to shout "THIS IS NOT ME!"

Every limitation we experince within the script is a limitation of our mind.

Kingmaker, Sander, Cableabe and 3 others like this.
  4. Ascension

Ascension Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $159
    Luckily the conscious part has very little to say in our decision making

5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $225,790
    Admin Post
    Bump.

Cableabe likes this.
  6. Steve F

Steve F Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $594
    Quoting so it stays in "My Content". Must re-read.

7. Kruiser

Kruiser Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $118
    MJ, Thanks for posting this and bumping it! I think it kind of provides a kind of key for me to move forward more effectively. Just a few days ago at a child's birthday party one of the other parents asked "so, what do you do?" My answer was "Uh . . . I guess I'm somewhere between being an unemployed corporate lawyer and an ecommerce entrepreneur." My answer was accurate (in a way), but this thread has helped me see why that answer is a problem and what the solution is.

MJ DeMarco and Cableabe like this.