The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need to escape my toxic work environment

Anything related to matters of the mind

billyjaydore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 7, 2021
I have been working at a family business for 2 years now, working 6 days a week for a silly £50 a day. The business isn't going well and my dad and brother (who i work with) are the most negative minded people i have probably ever met.

I place my mental health above anything and everything and i cannot be around this draining energy no more - i need to leave ASAP, For my own mental state. In order to do this i am going to need to make at least £50 a day 6-7x a week just to stay afloat.

I work 9am-6pm most days and spend around 1:30hrs in the gym every weekday. which can leave me with around 4-5hours spare to work on things. My job at the moment doesn't give me a lot of potential to save money as I am not on good money and most of it goes on expenses.

Where do you suggest i start?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mark98

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 27, 2015
Seattle
I have been working at a family business for 2 years now, working 6 days a week for a silly £50 a day. The business isn't going well and my dad and brother (who i work with) are the most negative minded people i have probably ever met.

I place my mental health above anything and everything and i cannot be around this draining energy no more - i need to leave ASAP, For my own mental state. In order to do this i am going to need to make at least £50 a day 6-7x a week just to stay afloat.

I work 9am-6pm most days and spend around 1:30hrs in the gym every weekday. which can leave me with around 4-5hours spare to work on things. My job at the moment doesn't give me a lot of potential to save money as I am not on good money and most of it goes on expenses.

Thanks
Hey billyjaydore, this video speaks to your problem. You can do it.
View: https://youtu.be/5vDvGOIbFHQ

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020

Thanks
I suggest you start Mutual funds. It is time-consuming but a great source of passive income.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
turn $1 into $2 in your afternoons with a side hustle. this will provide experience, free cash to invest, and help you find opportunities for business.

make LOTS of connections. talk to EVERYONE. find opportunity and look to create solutions.

once your revenue stream is up and going, let the family know you are pursuing your business.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Thanks
1) Can you fix the issues in your current job rather than just leave?

2) If you can’t, then consider another job. Put out feelers and get the ball rolling.

3) Check how much you actually need to live on. It might not be the same as the salary you’re currently on. Especially if you have runway/savings.

4) What paid service can you provide out of hours? I’d consider selling a service rather than selling a product at this stage.

billyjaydore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 7, 2021
turn $1 into $2 in your afternoons with a side hustle. this will provide experience, free cash to invest, and help you find opportunities for business.

make LOTS of connections. talk to EVERYONE. find opportunity and look to create solutions.

once your revenue stream is up and going, let the family know you are pursuing your business.
By that do you mean flip items for a bit of profit and use that to fund future ideas?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Go get any job because anything will pay you more than that. What's that like $70?

Other than moving out, what is your goal?

billyjaydore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 7, 2021
Go get any job because anything will pay you more than that. What's that like $70?

Moving out obviously the main goal, I want to be the ceo of a successful online business, i just dont have any idea where to start. I want freedom.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Ya this also ^

Why not just get another job tomorrow. If it’s that bad anything is going to be better.

Just take action - it’s been two years.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Moving out obviously the main goal, I want to be the ceo of a successful online business, i just dont have any idea where to start. I want freedom.

Start with your choices.

You don’t have to do what you did last week, last month and last year.

Start with what you control - quit that job and go get a better one.

Then learn/start something that is valuable in a marketplace.

Then go from there.

“successful ceo” thoughts means nothing right now if you don’t change your everyday actions.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
You don't actually have a job.

Your father is paying you way less than minimum wage. I bet you don't get 140 days off that you would in a job either. He's just using you and your brother as cheap labour.

So literally any proper job would pay more and give you lots of time.

Pubs are short of staff, shops are short of staff. Basically anything low level that Europeans were doing for us and have cleared off, has thousands of vacancies and are hitting £10 an hour.

ASDA, Tesco etc are struggling with delivery drivers if you haven't noticed. Thats just driving around smiling at people as you give them their shopping. No stress like an Aamazon driver would have.

And that's just entry level stuff.

And then you can think clearly with a bit more cash in your pocket and time on what to do.

Dan

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Oh well in that case you need to buy my dropshipping/amazon fba/real estate wholesaling course for 17 payments of $399 and then you'll be rich in 45 hours.

Get rich with Johnny Boy

But for real, just get a job, preferably a decent sales job if you can get one doing something like selling cars, anything to get you earning commission and meeting people and sharpening your communication skills, or just get a decent paying labor job to start.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
You're getting paid $6 an hour. That's below minimum wage in the USA and would be illegal. I'm sorry but your dad is using you, or whoever owns that business. Unless you get other perks like a free car, housing, food etc.

billyjaydore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 7, 2021
You're getting paid $6 an hour. That's below minimum wage in the USA and would be illegal. I'm sorry but your dad is using you, or whoever owns that business. Unless you get other perks like a free car, housing, food etc.
Free diesel for me, however most of that goes to driving around for the business everyday

Mario_fastlaner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 1, 2019
Milano
get another job and move away from their influences.

it’s simple as that, don’t overcomplicate things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.