The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hyperrealities are TAKING OVER?

Xolorr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
520%
Jun 4, 2018
Cape Town, South Africa
Something popped up on an Instagram ad the other day, and it's really made me lose faith in humans with technology, but excites part of me, as well as confusing me with regard to it being a business opportunity or investment.

So, there's a new platform coming around called Staramba, and it's a "VR social universe". (not affiliated, nor have I bought.)
YUP folks, people are creating another virtual reality universe as a form of entertainment/escapism from their real lives.

Here are a couple screenshots:

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 21.16.44.png Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 21.17.10.png Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 21.17.44.png
Now I haven't dived deep into researching this, reading the fine print, whitepaper, etc. Nor do I have any experience or knowledge in the VR / ICO space, but it does get my attention that

A) It's a hyperrealistic reality escape, which are proven to bring HUGE attention and time. (Think video games, television, sport, fortnite, instagram, etc.)

B) It's the first of it's kind (from what I understand)

C) It has some BIG brand names behind it.

For those reasons, and with the promise of a bigger & better life in the virtual world, I think it has the possibility to go huge in the next few years. Especially with the Scripted mindset of today.

Just imagine the relief of coming home from your 9 - 5 to being a billionaire in your virtual universe??

If there was a large contrast in lifestyle between the virtual and real, it would become insanely addictive for a lot of people.

Where it gets interesting is that they are selling property in said virtual world, allowing you to RENT and CREATE SERVICES, all virtually?

Like I said, I've only done very shallow research into this, but I'd love to get some of your opinions on this?

Honestly, it looks like a scripted wet dream, and escapism at it's finest.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Once you're unplugged from the Matrix, everything SCRIPTED becomes obvious.

All of it is a means to make you livestock, something to be milked, sheared, or taxed.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
It it hits the mass, it can get huge if we follow your explanation and the fact that people could potentially get addicted to this second world of creativity and unlimited possibilities.

It can also bring business opportunities..
We'll see.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Something popped up on an Instagram ad the other day, and it's really made me lose faith in humans with technology, but excites part of me, as well as confusing me with regard to it being a business opportunity or investment.

So, there's a new platform coming around called Staramba, and it's a "VR social universe". (not affiliated, nor have I bought.)
YUP folks, people are creating another virtual reality universe as a form of entertainment/escapism from their real lives.

Here are a couple screenshots:

View attachment 19767 View attachment 19768 View attachment 19769
Now I haven't dived deep into researching this, reading the fine print, whitepaper, etc. Nor do I have any experience or knowledge in the VR / ICO space, but it does get my attention that

A) It's a hyperrealistic reality escape, which are proven to bring HUGE attention and time. (Think video games, television, sport, fortnite, instagram, etc.)

B) It's the first of it's kind (from what I understand)

C) It has some BIG brand names behind it.

For those reasons, and with the promise of a bigger & better life in the virtual world, I think it has the possibility to go huge in the next few years. Especially with the Scripted mindset of today.

Just imagine the relief of coming home from your 9 - 5 to being a billionaire in your virtual universe??

If there was a large contrast in lifestyle between the virtual and real, it would become insanely addictive for a lot of people.

Where it gets interesting is that they are selling property in said virtual world, allowing you to RENT and CREATE SERVICES, all virtually?

Like I said, I've only done very shallow research into this, but I'd love to get some of your opinions on this?

Honestly, it looks like a scripted wet dream, and escapism at it's finest.
Honestly though the competitive and ego part of me is happy as it will make succeeding that much easier (less competition), another part of me is kind of sad that most people won't enjoy the absolute abundance around them and that they don't need an escape if they just work hard on building an epic life for themselves.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
If it can run in your phone, with the $15 cardboard, it has potential. Otherwise, they may be ahead of the curve.

VR doesn't have mass adoption yet, and requires some, although minor, technical knowledge. And you need a decent gaming PC on top of the VR hardware, to actually run it. Most people can't play even 1hr/day on these things, due to neck and eye strain.

There's another game called Second Life, where there are stories of one guy making $2M USD from selling a virtual property. It's an old game, but there's definitely demand for this style.

Staramba are saying they'll market to the masses with "celebrity" appearances. AKA, they'll be computers with scripted performances. They use this as the bait for a potential future to lure in ICO investors.

If it was a game first, with a blockchain currency, it could gain traction, b/c there is demand for a VR universe.

If you've seen the "Do you kno de wae" meme early this year, you'd have seen it from this game:

VRChat

They're currently leading the VR social space, and you can setup your own servers and worlds. I imagine you can implement some sort of shop similar to how you can make money on minecraft servers.

Skimming the Staramba site...seems like vaporwear. Also, they're not registered to release in the US.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
There's nothing new about this. The only difference between this one and other games like second life is that it's going to be in VR.

In fact every time a new metaverse is created so are new millionaires made. We've gotten so far into technology that we are able to create worlds within worlds. In this worlds you can become like a god if you're a programmer. This means that you can become a millionaire in the real natural world just by providing illusions to other people.

How can you become a millionaire by programming metaverses? Simply create things. Create buildings, clothes, pets or your own levels. Believe it or not their are people out there that are so invested in this illusionary worlds that they work in the natural world just to get better in the digital world. That means that people will trade their time on this planet and give it to you just for creating an illusion. The best part is that this metaverses you can scale the shit out of your product because you can never run out of it.

I remember reading this story about a korean couple who let their own human child died from starvation because they were so invested in their virtual family. All the money and free time they had they were using it to pay for the virtual family inside a computer game.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 20, 2012
Reminds me of the movie "Ready Player One" and it's VR system the OASIS.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.