RazorCut
Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
I have spent the last 5 weeks in 2 major cities here and overseas. I have enjoyed every minute of my time there in both work and recreation with only the occasional feelings of missing my family to sour the experience. Both cities are amazing and provide everything one could want.
However, after flying home late last night the first thing I wanted to do this morning was get out into nature, to spend time in the solitude of the forest that I am so fortunate to live in. No music, no podcasts no human company. Just me my dog and my thoughts. This desire for solitude, this need for a oneness with nature drew me like a magnet. I longed for the silence, save for the sound of birdsong and the scurrying of small creatures through the leaf litter.
I needed this time to think. To solidify my thoughts, to mull over ideas and concepts I had learned. To come up with fresh ideas and associated connections that I knew were bubbling under the surface but the buzz of city life somehow kept them just out of arms reach.
On returning from the great outdoors with renewed energy and clarity of thought I opened my email to discover a link to this article:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/07/22/how-nature-changes-the-brain/?_r=0
I have tried parks and gardens in both cities and, although they are pleasant places to be, I have failed miserably as I haven’t developed the ability to tune out the sound of traffic and people, but that is just my lack of city living.
So what do you think? Do you spend time in the great outdoors away from the modern world? If you do, do you see a benefit or not? If you don’t why not?
However, after flying home late last night the first thing I wanted to do this morning was get out into nature, to spend time in the solitude of the forest that I am so fortunate to live in. No music, no podcasts no human company. Just me my dog and my thoughts. This desire for solitude, this need for a oneness with nature drew me like a magnet. I longed for the silence, save for the sound of birdsong and the scurrying of small creatures through the leaf litter.
I needed this time to think. To solidify my thoughts, to mull over ideas and concepts I had learned. To come up with fresh ideas and associated connections that I knew were bubbling under the surface but the buzz of city life somehow kept them just out of arms reach.
On returning from the great outdoors with renewed energy and clarity of thought I opened my email to discover a link to this article:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/07/22/how-nature-changes-the-brain/?_r=0
I have tried parks and gardens in both cities and, although they are pleasant places to be, I have failed miserably as I haven’t developed the ability to tune out the sound of traffic and people, but that is just my lack of city living.
So what do you think? Do you spend time in the great outdoors away from the modern world? If you do, do you see a benefit or not? If you don’t why not?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
