The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to make $10,000/month with roof and gutter cleaning

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

SPENCER C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, Washington
What's good guys Spencer Claeys here I haven't posted in a while but I'm doing a writing challenge of at least 500 words every single day. This is part 1 if people want I can continue depending on what people want to learn more about.

A bit about me:

I run a Roof and Gutter cleaning business in Seattle, Wa.

We hit $30,000 in the month of November and I have two full time guys working 11 months a year.

My big passion is making videos on Youtube and writing about the process as having business online is much more profitable, but for anyone just starting out, doing any home service is one of the best and fastest ways to break past $10,000 per month.

I've seen guys do solar panel cleaning, gutter cleaning, window cleaning, roof cleaning, mobile car detailing, painting, junk removal etc.

The math is pretty simple.

If you can clean or do a job that's a minimum $200 bucks maximum of about $1,000-2000+ (our average is $400) you simply need to do 20 of those per month to hit $10,000.

Finding 20 customers can be challenging but it's not impossible.

To start you need to find a service that is in demand.

I clean gutters in one of the rainiest places in the country, this business wouldn't work if you don't have gutters in your area.

Find the demand. Search facebook groups, knock doors, look at craigslist etc.

Also, make sure you can charge at least $200 bucks. You don't want to start a car wash and only charge people $20.

To start getting jobs the quickest way is to knock doors. I wouldn't even waste time with a business card or anything just hit the streets and offer something like gutter cleaning for $100 or $200 bucks. SEE what happens. Maybe people want pressure washing or window cleaning instead. Right now you're just gathering data.

I first started with pressure washing and later switched to roof and gutters because that's what the market wanted.

That is the first big key, find an in-demand service and the rest of it is like running downhill.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
How do you present yourself to be able to charge this much ?

I am currently struggling to charge 120 € for cleaning the windows of a whole house. My customers generally expect me to do it for less than 100.

Also congrats on the win man.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
find an in-demand service and the rest of it is like running downhill
^^^ This. Get in front of people already looking to buy.

dydy943

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 14, 2024
Congrats !

I have a few questions to ask.

In addition to door-knocking, what other marketing strategies have you found effective in attracting customers? How do you use online platforms like Facebook, Craigslist, or other social media for marketing your services?

What do you think set you apart from the Competition in your area ?

It's really interesting to see how a business succes mostly depend on his location/State. It's almost like the jackpot.. you either have the winning lottery (State/Area) or you don't.

Emilie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 1, 2024
What's good guys Spencer Claeys here I haven't posted in a while but I'm doing a writing challenge of at least 500 words every single day. This is part 1 if people want I can continue depending on what people want to learn more about.

A bit about me:

I run a Roof and Gutter cleaning business in Seattle, Wa.

We hit $30,000 in the month of November and I have two full time guys working 11 months a year.

My big passion is making videos on Youtube and writing about the process as having business online is much more profitable, but for anyone just starting out, doing any home service is one of the best and fastest ways to break past $10,000 per month.

I've seen guys do solar panel cleaning, gutter cleaning, window cleaning, roof cleaning, mobile car detailing, painting, junk removal etc.

The math is pretty simple.

If you can clean or do a job that's a minimum $200 bucks maximum of about $1,000-2000+ (our average is $400) you simply need to do 20 of those per month to hit $10,000.

Finding 20 customers can be challenging but it's not impossible.

To start you need to find a service that is in demand.

I clean gutters in one of the rainiest places in the country, this business wouldn't work if you don't have gutters in your area.

Find the demand. Search facebook groups, knock doors, look at craigslist etc.

Also, make sure you can charge at least $200 bucks. You don't want to start a car wash and only charge people $20.

To start getting jobs the quickest way is to knock doors. I wouldn't even waste time with a business card or anything just hit the streets and offer something like gutter cleaning for $100 or $200 bucks. SEE what happens. Maybe people want pressure washing or window cleaning instead. Right now you're just gathering data.

I first started with pressure washing and later switched to roof and gutters because that's what the market wanted.

That is the first big key, find an in-demand service and the rest of it is like running downhill.
so interesting, thanks for sharing :)

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Just watched your last YouTube video. Solid work man, keep up the great effort.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
@SPENCER C is the man.

We go back since 2019.

If you pull up a dictionary and find “action taker”, there is a picture of this handsome MF’er.

He is either stacking cash, on vacation, or bench pressing 315 (probably for a ton of reps too. Dude can hold more weight than Lizzo’s hammock)

He’s got his head screwed on right. He’s up on my list of people I would call for advice, and people I would call to have my back in a fight.

I remember the night he told me he’s putting up his information and experience for sale and I immediately bought all of it. For one to show my support but also because he knows what he’s talking about.

If you’re not an action taker don’t waste your time, but if you’re serious and willing to put in the work upfront then you should talk to him.

I consider him a great friend and I met him through the forum. He came down to my house years ago and we hit it off.

Action takers are rare. That is how you set yourself apart nowadays. That is why Spencer is rare and has set himself apart. Dude’s a G

SPENCER C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, Washington
How do you present yourself to be able to charge this much ?

I am currently struggling to charge 120 € for cleaning the windows of a whole house. My customers generally expect me to do it for less than 100.

Also congrats on the win man.
Europe does tend to have shittier prices. In the states here it's very easy to charge $200, $300 or even $1,000 for a job it really just depends on the market. Do your best to position yourself as the BEST and you'll be able to charge more

SPENCER C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, Washington
@SPENCER C is the man.

We go back since 2019.

If you pull up a dictionary and find “action taker”, there is a picture of this handsome MF’er.

He is either stacking cash, on vacation, or bench pressing 315 (probably for a ton of reps too. Dude can hold more weight than Lizzo’s hammock)

He’s got his head screwed on right. He’s up on my list of people I would call for advice, and people I would call to have my back in a fight.

I remember the night he told me he’s putting up his information and experience for sale and I immediately bought all of it. For one to show my support but also because he knows what he’s talking about.

If you’re not an action taker don’t waste your time, but if you’re serious and willing to put in the work upfront then you should talk to him.

I consider him a great friend and I met him through the forum. He came down to my house years ago and we hit it off.

Action takers are rare. That is how you set yourself apart nowadays. That is why Spencer is rare and has set himself apart. Dude’s a G
learned from the best lol

SPENCER C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, Washington
Congrats !

I have a few questions to ask.

In addition to door-knocking, what other marketing strategies have you found effective in attracting customers? How do you use online platforms like Facebook, Craigslist, or other social media for marketing your services?

What do you think set you apart from the Competition in your area ?

It's really interesting to see how a business succes mostly depend on his location/State. It's almost like the jackpot.. you either have the winning lottery (State/Area) or you don't.
My favorite is Facebook ads, its quick and easy way to put your business in front of alot of people

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.