The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get clients to sign up for their $12 domain fee upfront (Selling websites)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Hello,

I appear and reappear back to this forum on and off, on my fastlane journey starting on 2017.

I have started building websites for clients after I successfully sold my first website for $5000 a year ago at the age of 17. After that journey I have not touched it at all, because I have been busy with college.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to ask.... How can I get my clients to pay the $12 yearly domain fee upfront, and then yearly, along with the cost of me building their website? Is there a subscription based way to do this? My mind is racing. I'm sure it isn't as complicated as I'm imagining but I can't figure this out.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
If you were making a site for me in the $5000 ballpark and said the final cost is $5120, guess what? I'd pay. So there you have 10 years of $12

On such tiny sums you don't need to break everything down in a final bill.

You would just say here is your completed website with 10 years of blah blah blah. You wouldn't waste your time calling each year to ask for $12 surely?

Dan

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
People hate upsells and love free stuff - no matter how small the price is in both cases.

Just buy the domain yourself for 10 years and give it for free with the $5000 package. It's a lot cleaner and looks more professional.

If you charge $120 for the domain on top of that $5k, it doesn't look very good.

Imagine buying a $50 steak at the restaurant and being charged an extra $0.05 for every napkin you use at the table.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.