The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH How to fix your posture by doing a 5 minute exercise each day!

Ravens_Shadow

one foot in front of the other
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 2, 2012
Cary, NC
With most of us working hard from our computers all day, we're sitting down more than ever. Even if you're hitting the gym and exercising, your posture is being affected by sitting so much.

If you did this once or twice a day for the rest of your life you wouldn't ever have posture issues again.

Even after doing this just ONCE you can feel the difference in your back and posture!

I've been doing it for a while now, and my posture has improved substantially. I went from hunch back, to never look back.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 27, 2012
Thanks for the share. I've been looking for a posture improving exercise for a long time. I just did the exercise once and it felt good already!

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net
With most of us working hard from our computers all day, we're sitting down more than ever. Even if you're hitting the gym and exercising, your posture is being affected by sitting so much.

If you did this once or twice a day for the rest of your life you wouldn't ever have posture issues again.

Even after doing this just ONCE you can feel the difference in your back and posture!

I've been doing it for a while now, and my posture has improved substantially. I went from hunch back, to never look back.

Tremendous.

Tech neck worries me, and especially for my kids.

Thanks for sharing this. Off to flap my arms now!

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 20, 2016
Also, everyone, especially those who workout and lift weights, should seriously consider adding in band pull-aparts and face pulls to their daily routine/weekly routine. This will strengthen your upper back which will help stop your shoulders from rolling forward from an imbalance between tight pecs/front delts and a weaker upper back/rear delt which can cause bad posture or further aggrivate it.
. band-pull-aparts.jpg Face_pull1.png

nichiseven

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
^ Can vouch for this as this is part of my workout. My old PT got me started on it to correct a hunch I had developed out of shyness over the years.

Magneto C

UNSCRIPTED
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 23, 2017
UNSCRIPTED
@Ravens_Shadow
@Magneto C

I will add this to my daily routine and report back on this one. Looks great!
It is definitely a great investment of your 3~5 minutes. I used to take courses to correct my posture because people, often like animals, size you up by your body language. We need to exude confidence in order to be likable & persuasive.

@Dunkafelics Our interaction at the summit was pretty short. Wish we could've talked more. I like your new avatar better than the old one haha.

Thanks @Ravens_Shadow for this information. Btw today I finished the first post of your Gold thread. I WILL finish the whole thread!

I thought my posture course had corrected my posture but over the years due to constantly sitting in front of a computer, I got bad posture again. Thank you @Robert_R I noticed that issue from the pictures you uploaded.

Grenade7

New Contributor
Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Definitely going to give this a try! I've noticed recently how hunched over I would be at my desk at work. I end up adjusting my posture multiple times a day when I notice the hunch. I also feel that looking down at my cell phone has been a major contributor to this. So that's something I'm trying to do a bit less.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
Wow, this looks amazing.

I totally get why this would work wonders. Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow.

As an extremely tall guy, posture has always been a problem for me. Always having to look down on people. 10 years of orchestral bass playing and lots of computer use didn't help.

I'll do this for a month and see if there's a difference.

Parker P

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 25, 2017
San Jose, Ca
Wow, this looks amazing.

I totally get why this would work wonders. Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow.

As an extremely tall guy, posture has always been a problem for me. Always having to look down on people. 10 years of orchestral bass playing and lots of computer use didn't help.

I'll do this for a month and see if there's a difference.
I did 4 years of drumline in marching band, so I'm super excited to learn about this exercise as well :smile:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
I did 4 years of drumline in marching band, so I'm super excited to learn about this exercise as well :smile:
Drum line, even worse!

I hope you didn’t play tenors

OP
OP
Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow

FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 2, 2012
Cary, NC
I've been doing it almost every day for almost 2 years now since I posted this. I can certainly say that I no longer have lower back pain from sitting or standing, and it's pretty much changed how I stand up or sit down. It used to hurt sitting straight up and not slouching, but it's a non-issue for me now.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
It used to hurt sitting straight up and not slouching, but it's a non-issue for me now.
I saw this thread this morning and caught myself hunched way over my desk.

Did the exercise and I'm sitting up straight as can be with little effort.

Powerful stuff.

Kak

Capitalist Swine
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011

Rep++ thanks for sharing.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I play electric guitar and can feel it.... Bass probably heavier...

I am not extremely tall, but above average and slouching is a serious problem for tall people as they 'unfortunately' have to get down to 'normal' level with their heads.

Another thing is self-confidence which affects posture - if you are confident you are more likely to stand up straight (subconsciously we hide our area between arms in case of attack)... but also straightening up will increase your self-confidence.

OP
OP
Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow

FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 2, 2012
Cary, NC
Bump. Posture was starting to wane after not doing the exercise each day for two months or so, just slipped off my radar/routine and my wife was like "your posture is terrible, you need to do your postures again". Back to doing the exercises again!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom