The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to fix your posture by doing a 5 minute exercise each day!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
With most of us working hard from our computers all day, we're sitting down more than ever. Even if you're hitting the gym and exercising, your posture is being affected by sitting so much.

If you did this once or twice a day for the rest of your life you wouldn't ever have posture issues again.

Even after doing this just ONCE you can feel the difference in your back and posture!

I've been doing it for a while now, and my posture has improved substantially. I went from hunch back, to never look back.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
Thanks for the share. I've been looking for a posture improving exercise for a long time. I just did the exercise once and it felt good already!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
With most of us working hard from our computers all day, we're sitting down more than ever. Even if you're hitting the gym and exercising, your posture is being affected by sitting so much.

If you did this once or twice a day for the rest of your life you wouldn't ever have posture issues again.

Even after doing this just ONCE you can feel the difference in your back and posture!

I've been doing it for a while now, and my posture has improved substantially. I went from hunch back, to never look back.

Tremendous.

Tech neck worries me, and especially for my kids.

Thanks for sharing this. Off to flap my arms now!

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016
Also, everyone, especially those who workout and lift weights, should seriously consider adding in band pull-aparts and face pulls to their daily routine/weekly routine. This will strengthen your upper back which will help stop your shoulders from rolling forward from an imbalance between tight pecs/front delts and a weaker upper back/rear delt which can cause bad posture or further aggrivate it.
.band-pull-aparts.jpg Face_pull1.png

nichiseven

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 1, 2016
^ Can vouch for this as this is part of my workout. My old PT got me started on it to correct a hunch I had developed out of shyness over the years.

G

Guest06196

@Ravens_Shadow
@Magneto C

I will add this to my daily routine and report back on this one. Looks great!

It is definitely a great investment of your 3~5 minutes. I used to take courses to correct my posture because people, often like animals, size you up by your body language. We need to exude confidence in order to be likable & persuasive.

@Dunkafelics Our interaction at the summit was pretty short. Wish we could've talked more. I like your new avatar better than the old one haha.

Thanks @Ravens_Shadow for this information. Btw today I finished the first post of your Gold thread. I WILL finish the whole thread!

I thought my posture course had corrected my posture but over the years due to constantly sitting in front of a computer, I got bad posture again. Thank you @Robert_R I noticed that issue from the pictures you uploaded.

Grenade7

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Definitely going to give this a try! I've noticed recently how hunched over I would be at my desk at work. I end up adjusting my posture multiple times a day when I notice the hunch. I also feel that looking down at my cell phone has been a major contributor to this. So that's something I'm trying to do a bit less.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

Wow, this looks amazing.

I totally get why this would work wonders. Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow.

As an extremely tall guy, posture has always been a problem for me. Always having to look down on people. 10 years of orchestral bass playing and lots of computer use didn't help.

I'll do this for a month and see if there's a difference.

Parker P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 25, 2017
San Jose, Ca
Wow, this looks amazing.

I totally get why this would work wonders. Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow.

As an extremely tall guy, posture has always been a problem for me. Always having to look down on people. 10 years of orchestral bass playing and lots of computer use didn't help.

I'll do this for a month and see if there's a difference.
I did 4 years of drumline in marching band, so I'm super excited to learn about this exercise as well :smile:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I did 4 years of drumline in marching band, so I'm super excited to learn about this exercise as well :smile:

Drum line, even worse!

I hope you didn’t play tenors

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I've been doing it almost every day for almost 2 years now since I posted this. I can certainly say that I no longer have lower back pain from sitting or standing, and it's pretty much changed how I stand up or sit down. It used to hurt sitting straight up and not slouching, but it's a non-issue for me now.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
It used to hurt sitting straight up and not slouching, but it's a non-issue for me now.

I saw this thread this morning and caught myself hunched way over my desk.

Did the exercise and I'm sitting up straight as can be with little effort.

Powerful stuff.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Rep++ thanks for sharing.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland

I play electric guitar and can feel it.... Bass probably heavier...

I am not extremely tall, but above average and slouching is a serious problem for tall people as they 'unfortunately' have to get down to 'normal' level with their heads.

Another thing is self-confidence which affects posture - if you are confident you are more likely to stand up straight (subconsciously we hide our area between arms in case of attack)... but also straightening up will increase your self-confidence.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Bump. Posture was starting to wane after not doing the exercise each day for two months or so, just slipped off my radar/routine and my wife was like "your posture is terrible, you need to do your postures again". Back to doing the exercises again!

Hopeful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 8, 2019
The best investment of your 3 minutes.
Bump for visibility.
Oops, I should've started with three: I went straight to five and boy, did my unexercised arms burn!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Bump, with corona virus and sitting alot. Probably applicable to a lot of people!

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Good timing!
Woke up with an achy sacrum today.
Just did those, it's harder than it looks.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump, with corona virus and sitting alot. Probably applicable to a lot of people!
Yep. I’ve noticed my posture getting worse recently. I’m off to do these exercises again, and have the kids laugh at me.

EDIT: Wow... that first one is harder than it looks! I’m almost sweating after doing that. I do feel naturally straighter though. It’s like magic. Thanks for the bump @Ravens_Shadow.

Last edited:

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Yep. I’ve noticed my posture getting worse recently. I’m off to do these exercises again, and have the kids laugh at me.

EDIT: Wow... that first one is harder than it looks! I’m almost sweating after doing that. I do feel naturally straighter though. It’s like magic. Thanks for the bump @Ravens_Shadow.

It's hard to believe, but it truly is magical. If i'm slouching or hurting, doing this and I immediately feel better afterwards. I really need to make it a habit to do it twice a day again like I did for a long time.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's hard to believe, but it truly is magical. If i'm slouching or hurting, doing this and I immediately feel better afterwards. I really need to make it a habit to do it twice a day again like I did for a long time.
I think someone in here suggested the “Way of Life” app on our phones to prompt us to do things?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.