The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to develop your PLAN

mizchels

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
St. John, USVI
Thanks,Russ!
It's Sunday, two days since I started. I'm keeping track of the weekend expenses and plan to post with my value lists at the beginning of the work week. I'm excited that it's sticking on my mind--but trying hard not to let it influence any buying decisions. So far I'm most amused at myself for realizing what others have said: sometimes you almost don't feel like making a purchase because you don't feel like writing it down!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
So far I'm most amused at myself for realizing what others have said: sometimes you almost don't feel like making a purchase because you don't feel like writing it down!

Works for food diaries, too (says the fat guy who lost all kinds of weight when he had to write down everything he ate). :tiphat:

-Russ H.

Dejan M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 9, 2008
Slovenia, Europe
Each and every time you spend ANY money-- paying bills, buying gum or a drink, lunch, any credit card purchases, etc-- record them in the pad:

Sorry, just started reading the thread, this might help somebody:

Even better option might be just to collect all the receipts you get and enter them into your financial program. I use www.buxfer.com (free) and have been analyzing my finances for months. It really is good to know your monthly budget.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Dejan-

Or has been pointed out, just use an ATM card, and the bank totals all this stuff up for you! :)

The big point here is: Most of us make a LOT (a LOT) of spur of the moment cash purchases, that suck THOUSANDS of dollars a year from our lives.

Actually documenting every penny calls for a much higher level of awareness.

I collected receipts for years, but it wasn't until I started tracking each and every penny that I really discovered where all that "lost money" was going every year.

Now, I just never carry any cash. Accomplishes the same thing, and takes less time. :banana:

-Russ H.

mizchels

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
St. John, USVI
Whewee. I'm really happy to post my list, thanks again for taking the time to consider it and letting me join in.

----------------
A. Who Am I?

- a creative
- an artist
- an adventurer
- motivated, ambitious
- a web/technology lover
- a fashion lover
- value healthy living/eating/athletics
- love learning
- a dreamer
- strong-willed/stubborn
- focused
- organized
- compulsive
- a connector, connecting people to one another or to ideas
- introspective
- sociable
- like to flirt/love sex
- like being flexible/spontaneous but with a general goal
- like talking to friends/family, relating to others
- like to move/love to dance
- like being entertaining

B. Wanted But Then Thrill Was Gone:

I - tickets to events that I thought would be exciting but then...meh
II - fancy iPod
III - food items
IV - brand-name items (i.e. hair styling products, shoes)

Why Do I Not Like This?

I - excitement fades shortly after arriving, usu. because I built it up too much in my head beforehand
II - my off-brand, simpler mp3 player did fine
III - thrill was gone after few seconds of swallowing
IV - later buying generic versions and realizing they were just as good--the name is for status, and who really notices?

C. What Do I Really Want?

- to be flexible with my daily schedule, doing what I want when I choose
- to be interacting with people, in person and online
- to be creating/exploring: trying new designs, ideas, gadgets, technology, outfits, places
- to be organizing and entertaining
- to help people by making their lives easier or making them feel better about themselves; making people feel good
- to learn
- to research, review and critique new things (i.e. artwork, websites, movies, clothing, interiors, etc.--something in design/entertainment/media)

D. Fun Stuff: What Do I Love To Do?
* = do regularly (weekly/daily); *** = haven't done in a long time
- run* CORE VALUES: value healthy living/eating/athletics; focused; motivated/ambitious; adventurer

- swim* CORE VALUES: value healthy living/eating/athletics; focused; motivated/ambitious; adventurer

- dance*** CORE VALUES: like to move/love to dance; creative

- surf the internet* CORE VALUES: a web/technology lover; creative; a connector, connecting people to one another or to ideas; fashion lover

- read* CORE VALUES: love learning; dreamer; a connector, connecting people to one another or to ideas; introspective

- paint/collage/illustrate* CORE VALUES: a creative; an artist; introspective

- learn about and relate to people* CORE VALUES: like to flirt/love sex; a connector, connecting people to one another or to ideas; love learning; sociable; like relating to others

- go exploring*** CORE VALUES: an adventurer

- travel*** CORE VALUES: an adventurer; love learning; motivated/ambitious

- make multimedia projects, i.e. animations/videos/montages*** CORE VALUES: creative; a connector, connecting people to one another or to ideas; an artist

- shop for clothes/shoes/accessories* CORE VALUES: fashion lover; like being entertaining; creative

- make greeting cards and personal collages* CORE VALUES: like relating to others; an artist; a creative

- learn new things* CORE VALUES: an adventurer; love learning; motivated/ambitious

- make things* CORE VALUES: a creative; an artist

- hanging out at art/music/entertainment shows, public events* CORE VALUES: sociable; like being entertaining; like relating to others

-----------------------

My weekend total, since Friday March 14 thru Sunday, March 17:

Friday: Postage, $6.90
Saturday: Gas, $25.00
Sunday: Groceries: $28.43

TOTAL: $60.33

This is a pretty typical weekend...living on an island means goods are more expensive--but there are less of them and less entertainment to spend money on (i.e. no movie theaters, etc.) on a regular basis. (I can go to the neighboring, bigger island for more things to do but don't do that on a regular basis.)

mizchels

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
St. John, USVI
Ok, I've been tracking this for a couple weeks now. My expenses haven't surprised me much, although I have noticed that I'm not reaching for a few of the "little extras" that I was just grabbing without thinking prior to this exercise.

I have found the greatest sense of freedom and then energy from evaluating the "stuff" in my apartment. I have tossed out excess things I was keeping for art projects and never used, magazines with "good articles to save" and critically sorted my clothes. I am a clothes horse, but I've given away things I haven't worn to several little kids I know (girly jewelry and makeup) and started selling on Ebay! I've "re-gifted" several books that I don't need. I'm about to move into a new apartment--it's perfect timing with this exercise. I like renting if only because I don't settle completely into a place; I come from the mindset that I'll have to move eventually so I don't want to collect excess.

I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said already on this thread, obviously. But it IS really cool when you do it for yourself and fully understand what others are saying. Fast lane or slow lane? It's a simple choice but not always easy! :) There's a book called, "Design Your Self: Rethinking the Way You Live, Love, Work and Play" which covers all topics in one's life and simplifying. From your career, your closet, your relationships, your health, your spirit, your sex life...it's a fast read and a book that fits in well to this.

(On Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0060839023/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
if you're interested)

Thanks, Russ.

mizchels

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
St. John, USVI
And....the biggest leap: today I just signed a lease on a new apartment, cutting my rent by 40% a month! I got to thinking about it when I first read this thread. A few days later, a friend dropped a tip of a good place she new of for much less rent. I hated to think of moving--but after that initial thought, I knew moving like that would be a significant move forward to setting myself in a better way financially (I didn't really need all the space in my current apartment; it was just luxury) and would help me clean out my stuff again.

I would have tossed the apartment tip aside had I not already been thinking along these lines, thanks to this thread. Yahoo! :)

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
I was going to start out by apologizing to Russ for never getting back to him way back in September when he challenged me to write out my goals and formulate a plan. However, the only person who suffered from my lack of action is Me (sorry Russ).

It is now six (SIX!) full months later and, for the most part, I am still staggering where I was in September. Sure, I have had a few ideas come and go, but nothing ever stuck. I am nothing more than six months older with nothing but frustration and a few additional gray hairs to show for it (and for some odd reason, an increase in ear hair growth). :wtf:

So, after following this thread since it started, and re-reading it all again today, I have decided NOW is the time to get in. I only stand to learn and grow, so what has been stopping me?

Here goes…

BTW, I reserve the right to add to these in the future :smxB:

Core Values (in no particular order)

- Happiness
- Honesty
- Faith / Spirituality
- Family, including my wonderful G/F
- Confidence
- Optimism
- Focus
- Positive Energy
- Control
- Independence
- Creativity and Vision
- Health
- Time
- Music

Things I Like To Be Around (in no particular order)

- Positive, supportive people
- Real people (I could start a whole new thread on this one…)
- Water (preferably ocean, but happy with lakes)
- Sunshine, and generally nice, pleasant weather
- My G/F’s family farm (which happens to have a wonderful view of the lake J)
- My family, particularly my Mother and my sisters and their families (sorry brothers)
- My dogs (all 3 of ‘em). They’re pure happiness
- Funny people
- Intelligent people
- Successful people (hopefully this coincides with intelligent people)

Things I Like To Do (again, in no particular order)

- Travel (sadly, this happens far too infrequently)
- Visit favorite Finger Lakes B&B and enjoy tours of wineries in the area
- Drink fine wine, introducing myself to new wines I have yet to try
- Eat fine foods
- Relax and enjoy a good cigar by my pool
- Spend time with family
- Spend time with my closest friends
- Visit my G/F’s family and farm
- Madden football on my Playstation (I know, I know…)
- Look at houses
- Make the most of each day (tragically, this is a struggle for me)
- Fantasize about the future that could be
- Fantasize about the future that could have been (this is a real problem for me)
- Go to movies
- Watch good television shows

A quick observation: I can’t help but notice that there is no mention of any part of my J-O-B in any of these three lists. I don’t hate my job, but I don’t enjoy it either. It is simply a necessary part of my life right now. However, looking at houses (a real passion of mine) makes the list. Interesting…

I am using the month of April to track my penny-by-penny spending. I tried this back in late September but lost focus (a recurring problem for me in many areas) around six days in. I WILL stay on track this time and provide updates along the way.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
update-

we started dumping stuff last weekend. we set up a garage sale at the shop. we only got about 1/3 of the stuff down there and were only open for about 3 hours but we made $250bucks.

we still have all the clothes and collectables(still in the attic) but we got rid of 10 boxes of toys, 4 outgrown bike/trikes and 6 boxes of christmas decorations. We sold DIRT cheap just to get rid of alot of stuff.

We plan on setting up again next weekend with the rest of the stuff and clothes. Its awesome because we have access to the shop parking lot on the main highway thru town. LOADS of traffic passing. Lots of customers.

I hope we can get rid of at least the best clothes and kids jackets and the collectables, then the rest will go on ebay amazon or get donated.

also we sold the extra car (got 800bucks had to split with dh boss, he bought all the parts to repair and found the buyer)

we still have the 2 biggest items left tho. the 125 gal fish tank and the corner office desk. hopefully those go soon!

it kinda made me a little sick to sell so much stuff for so little money tho. but then it dawned on me that we will never use any of it again and the little money was worth it to get rid of the clutter. it wasnt making me anything sitting in my attic. and now I have space!!!

the plan is we sell everything we can over the next 3 weekends. then list all the collectables and my books online for sale and donate the leftover clothes to goodwill and take the deduction.

I will update again soon!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
CarrieW: :thumbsup:

Merkin Man: Great insights! :icon_super:

(BTW, I always feel strange when I call you "Merkin". You know what a merkin is, right?

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
C'mon, Bobbo--

What happens in AZ

Stays in AZ. ;)

-Russ H.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Merkin Man: Great insights! :icon_super:

(BTW, I always feel strange when I call you "Merkin". You know what a merkin is, right?

-Russ H.

I say it with great pride when I tell you, Russ...I absolutely do know its meaning! :jiggy:

It has been my moniker for nearly 20 years in these parts of the land! :tiphat: Some people don't even know my "real" name anymore!!!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Okey Dokey.

Not sure *why* you'd want to be associated with a wig that covers the pubic area, but whatever floats your boat is cool w/me. :cool:

-Russ H.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
However, looking at houses (a real passion of mine) makes the list. Interesting…

Interesting you list this as a passion. It is one of mine as well, and honestly, one of my favorite things in the world to do. I always wanted to be an architect, but I can't draw a straight line. I'm now working for a development firm and I at least get to look at "buildings" as opposed to houses, but I'm wondering what ideas you have for finding a way to make money from this passion. I've noticed I'm drawn much more to the creative side of real estate (i.e. architecture, design, etc)

My grandpa always tells me, "Find what you love to do, and then find out how to get paid for doing it."

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
My grandpa always tells me, "Find what you love to do, and then find out how to get paid for doing it."

Did he become a multimillionaire by doing what he loved to do? If so then it would be great to get to know more about his success story.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Did he become a multimillionaire by doing what he loved to do? If so then it would be great to get to know more about his success story.

Yes, he did. His passion is other people - interacting with them, helping them and just "shooting the breeze" if you will. In his early days, he held a few jobs that he didn't like. He then decided to find a way to interact and shoot the breeze with people all day. He did research and figured out what his town was lacking - a good supply store.

He didn't know much about supplies when he began, but he thought if he could create a supply store where he and others could come, tell stories, "shoot the breeze" and if he provided top-notch customer service and relations, that his store could make money.

He started with bathroom supplies and 40 years later, when he finally sold the store, he was one of the state's top toliet supply retailers.

He sold the store for many, many millions, but had consistently been making millions per year.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Interesting you list this as a passion. It is one of mine as well, and honestly, one of my favorite things in the world to do.

I'm wondering what ideas you have for finding a way to make money from this passion.

And, thus, you have struck upon one of my major stumbling blocks...

I don't yet know how real estate will fit into my plan, but I do know it will.

I would say right now if I had a mental map of my future, it would have a business that makes money that, in turn, I invest some of its profits into real estate.

My current financial situation (although not "bad" for most people) doesn't leave me with enough money that I am comfortable getting into the real estate world quite yet.

I am hoping that in becoming actively involved in developing my plan that some direction will come to me.

mizchels

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
St. John, USVI
This forum has got to be one of the best habits I've picked up in...well, in my life. :) For the most part, it's supportive, energetic, resourceful and intelligent. I love this thread--this one has such a stick factor. It seems like most of us who have taken this challenge are still with it and are noticing changes! I'm moved to a new place for 60% of the rent and already feel lighter (less stuff once I really went through it all and less rent $$) and rejuvenated. Which gets me kicking in my professional world, which is all the better. It's interesting to hear from those who are responding after 6 months and longer. Good job to the one who decided to finally get started...Merkin Man, you're going to find your way. Perhaps if you don't try to look too hard--or try doing something wildly different than you normally do one weekend--you might find something fascinating.

You say your current financial situation doesn't leave you with enough that you are comfortable...how much will it take to be comfortable? How long will it take for you to make that much to be comfortable? Is it worth stumbling down that direction before your comfortable, to see where your real estate interest/passion might lead? What are your roadblocks right now? I don't mean to be nosy or sound accusing...just throwing it out there!

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Just a quick update:

I am now 12 days into tracking every penny I spend for the month of April.

I don't have time to get into the details, but I have to say that one thing this exercise is teaching me is to look at the way I spend money not from day-to-day, week-to-week or month-to-month but instead as year-to-year.

In doing so, I am realizing that that $2.00 beverage I buy just about every day isn't just costing me $2.00/day, or $10.00/week. The reality is, it's costing me almost $700.00/year!!!

When I look at the expense from that angle, it's a real head-scratcher. Suddenly, these "little" expenses are massive on the budget. Truly an eye-opener.

I look forward to finishing the month and putting out there all that I have spent and having it analyzed by the pro's.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
great stuff russ

I have had to track my expenses out of neccessity for years. Only recently have I made mor emoney than I spend. Post divorce...gofigure.

done the fire thing before too.... concluded that everything is replaceable.

Did the inventory thing when I moved out from my X's house> I am a spartan at heart. Only the bare essentials. I have little in the way of fluff stuff. probably a few books and cds I would unload. The rest is clothes sparse furniture and tools (I include Kitchen appliances and gadgets under tools. Just a quirk of mine)

Now the first part is something I have really never done. I have set certain goals. Some I achieve and some I havent. I guess I'll do it bass ackwards just like I do everything else.:smilielol:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
You're welcome.

But just to clarify, I'm not your boss.

Boss kinda means I'm above you, somehow.

I don't feel that way.

Consider me a fellow traveler on the road to financial independence.

-Russ H.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
You know the best part about getting rid of the extra stuff, I hate moving it. With my first home coming up...its a very good excuse to inventory and decide what I really need. I found stuff I moved 2k miles from Ga back to Co and haven't used in 2 years. Sheesh.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your next installment in this thread Russ. Its been a real eye opener.

I know I should be more proactive in doing things ahead of time, but in this case I enjoy the exercise and learning with the group.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 30, 2008
Alright lets see here: Core Values

~Family
~Happiness
~Health
~Security
~Honor

Things I like to be around:

~Family
~Lakes,Ocean (Suppose water would cover this)
~Camp Fires
~Woods
~Supportive people
~Good Company
~Friends

Things I like to do:

~Hang out with Family/Friends
~Play video games
~Boat rides
~Camping
~Cook outs
~Watch Movies
~Go outside
~Music
~Drink Beer
~Be with Friends and Family!

Im not very good at the whole self reflection thing...sorry

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Josh-

Excellent work.

Don't sell yourself short-- your core list is more than 99.9% of the population will EVER do--

Now, the thing is, how will you maximize your life to best pursue what you love?

Start on the other exercises, and catch up-- we'll be moving to the next level soon.

-Russ H.

NerdSmasher

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 31, 2007
Well, I've been around here since before this thread was even started, and yet I have never bothered to do anything with it myself. I've pondered and pondered about who I really am (I'm 17, as some many know, so I really have no idea. And odds are I'll be different tomorrow, lol.) But I decided to attempt to do this for who I am now, and update my real life list as needed.

Core Traits

-I Love learning
-I Enjoy/love friends
-I Enjoy technology/gadgets
-I love romance
-I Like listening to people
-I Enjoy being in front of people
-I Love playing games
-I Love making people smile/laugh/happy
-I Enjoy teaching (only those willing to learn, though. I could never be a school teacher =X)
-I Like meeting new people
-I Like spontaneous things
-I Love nature
-I Like power
-I Like creating things
-I Love imagination
-I Enjoy new experiences (so long as they're not bad!)

What do I really want

-Friends
-Family
-Love
-Games/entertainment
-Stories/experiences
-Woods
-Relaxation
-Knowledge
-Cook
-Dream
-Succeed
-Travel

Part II:
Woo, I have it easy (for now...) because I live with my parents, essentially life costs me $0/month. Granted, I have to pay for my own gas, but I make $10/week in allowance, so that ends up going there...
And I already drive a '92 Honda Accord, so the old car thing is fine with me, lol.

But, I understand the point of this part, which is why I really don't buy anything. And, I found out a good while ago that most of my core values don't line up with actual items anyway. I just love people, being with people, watching people, listening to people, etc. And, since that's free (other than the cost of traveling to get to the people) that's all I've been up to lately.

And, since I was not kidding about my allowance simply going to gas, basically I make no money, and lose no money as it stands, as I have no job. But, I've kept track of my expenses such as that for a long time... because I realized that all the videogames I was buying with my allowance when I was 13 years old would only entertain me for a few days, and cost a month's allowance. Not good. And I always eat at home, cause the food is free! Hooray for having parents :)
But, as I get out into the world, I will be conscious about such decisions, I promise! Don't think the lesson is lost on me.

Part III:

Once again, it's a terrible convenience to live with my parents, it seems. Granted, much like my mother, if I don't want something, or won't use it, odds are I'm going to just throw it away, or give it away. Currently, I really only have essential things... a computer, desk, clothes, etc. And, when I move out, will only take these essential things; so another fairly uneventful part for me. Once again, the lesson is not lost, however! I just don't have much, if anything to change because of it at the moment.

Though, to answer the fire question, I'd grab my computer, cell phone, and wallet if at all possible for convenience sake. But, if not, there's nothing I'd grab, and I wouldn't worry too much about it. The most important things to me (Other than people and pets, of course) are memories, and they're pretty hard to lose without killing me...

And, this pretty much takes me through the inventory stage. As I said I'll really only be keeping my bare essentials, and things that I want when I move out... and I can't get rid of most things around me otherwise, because they're not mine, lol.

Sorry for potentially vague responses; I understand the ideas and know what's going on myself. But, since everything is my parents' as it stands, there's not much action I can take... MY room is perfectly clean and orderly; but the rest of the house is a bit iffy, lol.

I can't wait to see where this goes next... especially now that I'm involved!

MonstaFlex

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 26, 2008
Took the whole day to come up with the three parts, but here it is:

Here is MonstaFlex's Plan Development:

Part I.

CORE VALUES (What Is Important To Me)

- Freedom
- Happiness
- Kindness
- Friendliness
- Accepting
- Growth
- Patience
- Diligence
- Humility
- Health
- Safety
- Loyalty
- Honesty
- Charity
- Family

Things I Like to Be Around

- People who are masters at their tradecraft, so I can be just like them
- Friends/People who have similar Core Values as Me (Accepting/Friendly/Kind/Honest)
- People who help me when I'm down
- Non-conformists/people who do not follow everyone else (Getting on the Fast Lane > Staying on the Slow Lane)
- Friends/others who duel against each other in video games/games in general (like Chess/Connect Four)
- Cold environments like the indoors/the apartment/stores/malls/inside cars/trains/subways
- Brightly lit rooms
- Water/Cold Sugary Bevereges
- Computers with a fast internet connection
- Cats/Dogs/Birds/Other Animals/Pets
- Air Conditioners

Things I Like to Do (Activities)

- Surf The Web
- Being around my family
- Teach my family/friends what I know, even though they make fun of me because they do not see any results
- Occasionally play addicting video games
- Reading/Listen to Audio Books
- Learning new things/Trying out new foods
- Research on (spiritual/success/money) Products/Methods/Reviews
- Help Other People with their problems
- Teach/Give Advice
- Write/type reviews/articles
- Meditate
- Edit/Redit my posts/e-mail to make sure it makes sense
- Recheck posts/e-mail to see if someone/person I sent it to responded
- Make sure I always have a sufficient amount of money as a security blanket, or else I do not go out
- Buy small toys/gadgets/video games/for entertainment
- Eating/Sleeping
- Waiting For/Receiving Packages
- Sometimes play Texas Hold 'Em/Card Games, weightlifting, play basketball, biking, golfing
- Dream about bigger positive situations I want to be in/be by myself and just think about life
- Be around/take part of creative arguments/debates/conversations
- Walk around/sit down in the park or street and just day dream
- Watch funny/dramatic/inspiring/positive/upbeat videos/movies/television shows online

:smx6:

Part II.

Tracking Down Expenses

Water $5
Food $5 (Fruits/Instant Noodles/Crackers)

$10 Weekly at best. So about $40 a month, and $480 a year.

That's about it. It all depends if my parents are tight on money ranging from $5-$15 weekly. Sometimes I don't get anything at all. Other times if I want to buy a book that I am interested in or some program that I want to join, they'll give me $75 at most. Weird part is I'm used to this way of frugal spending, because I have 4 brothers and sisters (2 bros, 2 sisters, and I'm the oldest). I don't drink, drive, or watch movies each weekend. I bought my clothes at Footlocker (6 Plain T Shirts for $20!) My parents own the apartment, and they basically spend their money on the food/laundry/gas/bills. I guess the reason why my parents haven't kicked me out yet is because I don't cost much to keep around...oh and they "love" me.

:smx4:

Part III.

Objects I'd Grab In a Fire

- My Holosync CDs (For Meditation) w/ CD Player and Headset.

Inventory

I'm with NerdSmasher on this Part. All the stuff is really my parents...so to sum it up. Just give me a computer with fast internet and a desk/chair for writing/reading, air conditioner, place to crap and piss/take a shower, cold water, good bed for my back, and some noodles and I'm good to go.

:thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.