The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Buy A McLaren for $20K

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Everybody, please be nice to the few veterans that still post on here. Dude's busy. If this one didn't give you enough meat, (seriously?) if you are still hungry for knowledge, the forum is full of it. Especially this guy's stuff.

Are you still reading my rant? Stop. Go read his classy quality stuff.

I don't know if I have the patience to accumulate 33k reaction score... God bless you dude.
That's ok. I don't mind answering any type of questions at all. That's probably why I'm still here after 13 years!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
That's ok. I don't mind answering any type of questions at all. That's probably why I'm still here after 13 years!
I know. You're a cool, classy dude. Maybe I shoulda kept my mouth shut, but that's not exactly my strength... :rofl:

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What is a reaction score?
When I first joined the forum, Andy made a comment to me about the reaction score being a pretty good indicator of how much value someone had given the forum. So it was something I paid attention to. I made a note to read their threads. There are only a handful of people still around with over 10k, and most are moderators.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
When I first joined the forum, Andy made a comment to me about the reaction score being a pretty good indicator of how much value someone had given the forum. So it was something I paid attention to. I made a note to read their threads. There are only a handful of people still around with over 10k, and most are moderators.
quick question @BizyDad
is biophase all starting(2010-2015) threads are in INSIDERS or deleted?

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
quick question @BizyDad
is biophase all starting(2010-2015) threads are in INSIDERS or deleted?
No. There are a couple good one in INSIDERS, but there at least 2 in the regular Gold threads. This one will keep you busy for a little while.

I believe the policy of the forum is threads don't get deleted. I'm still newish, I could be wrong on that, but I thought I read that somewhere.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Have you not read any of his posts?

Duuude, bro, go read some biophase posts.

Seriously, everybody, if you haven't yet, go read some biophase posts.

The dude has a top 5 reaction score for a reason.

The guy has a business broker on his speed dial, and you're all "maybe you should diversify your portfolio..."

??

I'm sure you're heart is in the right place Chosen, but maybe read between the lines?

Or better yet, go read some biophase posts.

Everybody, please be nice to the few veterans that still post on here. Dude's busy. If this one didn't give you enough meat, (seriously?) if you are still hungry for knowledge, the forum is full of it. Especially this guy's stuff.

Are you still reading my rant? Stop. Go read his classy quality stuff.

I don't know if I have the patience to accumulate 33k reaction score... God bless you dude.

I will read more posts. Sorry. I’ve read probably 100+ threads (all replies, many pages) on the forum but have yet to finish them all. Lots of content! Lol...

There is so much on here I don’t know how I’m supposed to already know all the posts and info. Why am I able to reply to a thread if not to ask a question?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Just looked at my profile and found it. Never knew it existed. LOL

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
@biophase - Does that mean you’ll change your profile pic? I think that it should be a new mountain bike. It’ll get more use than your McLaren got, anyways. :happy:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Thanks @biophase , your reply to my post was really nice and explained well. I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything I was just trying to understand this thread better!!

Still love your thought process. Sorting through some bad listings on Flippa this morning (lol)

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
I had a charger hooked up to the car, but the cig port it attaches to is very finicky. I know it was on when I left, but it lost its connection somehow. I think I need a new one because was I replugged it back in it was clicking (It's a Mclaren brand). I used my brother's Mercedes charger and it charged right up.
Admittedly I had to go google this as my dream vehicle is an old Defender with mostly just the interior upgraded haha. Nice feature having a cigarette style port to charge the batteries, I was thinking conventional battery hookup.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Admittedly I had to go google this as my dream vehicle is an old Defender with mostly just the interior upgraded haha. Nice feature having a cigarette style port to charge the batteries, I was thinking conventional battery hookup.

All newer exotics have a cigarette adapter area in the trunk that allows them to be charged without accessing the battery and they all come with a charger too. In fact, I am pretty sure that my Mclaren's battery cannot be accessed without removing alot of parts.

A

Anon45x4yB

St
So this thread was started by me in 2011.

NOTABLE! - How to Buy A Ferrari for $20K

Now it's 2018 and the title should probably be changed to How to Buy a Mclaren for $20k.

I have a progress thread on the inside and I'm going to copy and paste excerpts that are relevant to this post.

Posted on July 8, 2018

So, sometime around the February of this year I got the itch again to get an exotic car. I almost pulled the trigger on a McLaren MP4-12C. I literally had my checkbook out at the dealer and we were $3000 apart on price.

I almost wrote a $130,000 check for a car that day and a funny thing happened after I went home though. I called my business broker that sold my business and asked him if he had any business listings asking between $100k-$150k. The next day he sent me 2 businesses that met my criteria. One was asking $150k and profiting $60k, or $5k a month.

Here was my thinking. I was approved for a $130k loan at 3.2% for the car. My monthly payment would have been $2340 a month for 60 months.

So if I purchased a $150k business, it would pay for my car loan AND I'd have $2660/mo cashflow. Granted I'd have to spend an extra $20k than the outright purchase of the car AND I'd have to run another business. But looking at the numbers it makes no sense to pay cash for that car.

Given my track record, I believe that I can make this business work for 3 years even though it was very Amazon dominated in sales. I figured worse case scenario is the business peters out and I sell it to someone else in 3 years for $50k after I've paid off my car loan.

But I decided not to go that route.

What I did was start yet another business. My new business launched in February and is steadily growing. This niche is not allowed on Amazon so it is a 100% your own URL ecommerce business. Sales are growing and May was its best month so far, June was a little crappy because I ran out of stock in the middle of the month.

I have since purchased alot more inventory and hope to see a good July. Profit in May was about $2800, and June dropped to $2000. But I'm really close to making that Mclaren payment already. Another couple months of steady plus $2500 profits and I've told myself I'm getting that car in October.

August 4, 2018 (I flip flopped on my car choice)

I'm going to call this the 458 business because that's my goal for this one. It did about $2500/mo profit, but I had to shell out about $800 in lab tests this month.

September 21, 2018

This one did $2300 last month. It's trending sideways. Again, no advertising costs at all. Just social media posts.

November 21, 2018

So I am changing its name from the 458 business officially to the MP4-12C business because I finally pulled the trigger and a McLaren is heading to my house as I type this. This business has been hovering up and down between $7-$10k a month gross and profiting between $2-$3k. I was hoping that it would grow faster, but at this point it's not too bad.

December 3, 2018

So I sort of cheated on this goal. I got my Mclaren today and yesterday I calculated that my business #2 only made about $20,000 this year (since Feb). So that's $2,000/mo and I really needed $2,275 to make the payment. So I'm $275 short, but who cares. I wanted the car for the Arizona winter. :)

It's parked in my warehouse because I have no garage room due to the home remodel.

TODAY

So looking back at this progress thread, in March I almost bought a Mclaren for $130k. Instead I decided to start a business that would pay for its payments. This business was in the works since January, so I don't want people thinking that it launched in a single month. My first inventory order for this business was just around $20,000. Since then it has sustained itself without any more capital infusion.

To date, it has made an average of $2000/mo. A car loan for my Mclaren would have been $2275/mo. So I'm coming out of pocket $275/mo for the Mclaren. But in essence, you could say that I bought a Mclaren for $20,000 so to speak.

View attachment 22766
View attachment 22757 View attachment 22758 View attachment 22759 View attachment 22760
Brilliant

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Aug 26, 2023
So this thread was started by me in 2011.

NOTABLE! - How to Buy A Ferrari for $20K

Now it's 2018 and the title should probably be changed to How to Buy a Mclaren for $20k.

I have a progress thread on the inside and I'm going to copy and paste excerpts that are relevant to this post.

Posted on July 8, 2018

So, sometime around the February of this year I got the itch again to get an exotic car. I almost pulled the trigger on a McLaren MP4-12C. I literally had my checkbook out at the dealer and we were $3000 apart on price.

I almost wrote a $130,000 check for a car that day and a funny thing happened after I went home though. I called my business broker that sold my business and asked him if he had any business listings asking between $100k-$150k. The next day he sent me 2 businesses that met my criteria. One was asking $150k and profiting $60k, or $5k a month.

Here was my thinking. I was approved for a $130k loan at 3.2% for the car. My monthly payment would have been $2340 a month for 60 months.

So if I purchased a $150k business, it would pay for my car loan AND I'd have $2660/mo cashflow. Granted I'd have to spend an extra $20k than the outright purchase of the car AND I'd have to run another business. But looking at the numbers it makes no sense to pay cash for that car.

Given my track record, I believe that I can make this business work for 3 years even though it was very Amazon dominated in sales. I figured worse case scenario is the business peters out and I sell it to someone else in 3 years for $50k after I've paid off my car loan.

But I decided not to go that route.

What I did was start yet another business. My new business launched in February and is steadily growing. This niche is not allowed on Amazon so it is a 100% your own URL ecommerce business. Sales are growing and May was its best month so far, June was a little crappy because I ran out of stock in the middle of the month.

I have since purchased alot more inventory and hope to see a good July. Profit in May was about $2800, and June dropped to $2000. But I'm really close to making that Mclaren payment already. Another couple months of steady plus $2500 profits and I've told myself I'm getting that car in October.

August 4, 2018 (I flip flopped on my car choice)

I'm going to call this the 458 business because that's my goal for this one. It did about $2500/mo profit, but I had to shell out about $800 in lab tests this month.

September 21, 2018

This one did $2300 last month. It's trending sideways. Again, no advertising costs at all. Just social media posts.

November 21, 2018

So I am changing its name from the 458 business officially to the MP4-12C business because I finally pulled the trigger and a McLaren is heading to my house as I type this. This business has been hovering up and down between $7-$10k a month gross and profiting between $2-$3k. I was hoping that it would grow faster, but at this point it's not too bad.

December 3, 2018

So I sort of cheated on this goal. I got my Mclaren today and yesterday I calculated that my business #2 only made about $20,000 this year (since Feb). So that's $2,000/mo and I really needed $2,275 to make the payment. So I'm $275 short, but who cares. I wanted the car for the Arizona winter. :)

It's parked in my warehouse because I have no garage room due to the home remodel.

TODAY

So looking back at this progress thread, in March I almost bought a Mclaren for $130k. Instead I decided to start a business that would pay for its payments. This business was in the works since January, so I don't want people thinking that it launched in a single month. My first inventory order for this business was just around $20,000. Since then it has sustained itself without any more capital infusion.

To date, it has made an average of $2000/mo. A car loan for my Mclaren would have been $2275/mo. So I'm coming out of pocket $275/mo for the Mclaren. But in essence, you could say that I bought a Mclaren for $20,000 so to speak.

View attachment 22766
View attachment 22757 View attachment 22758 View attachment 22759 View attachment 22760
Gorgeous Car .. but It's available in my country @ $950,000+ Including all the taxes!

I am more depressed than inspired! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jan 17, 2024
Such a beautiful car! It’s still gotta be my favorite.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.