The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How should I use the free time in my job?

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Hey everyone.

I use my gap year to concentrate on one of my business ideas. But to pay my rent and living I work in an museum as an security employee. Especially during the week I don't have much to do and I ask myself how I could use it to progress on my business. Sadly I can only use my phone on several occasions a day and not my laptop.

Right now I'm learning to code to create my website and I'm using the time to understand my written code. I wonder if you have some tips except from reading because I already read a lot when I'm no longer focused enough to learn about coding.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Read some books:
Hamlet
Uncle Tom's Cabin
The Jungle
War and Peace
Crime and Punishment
Frankenstien
Dr. Jekyll and My. Hyde
Heart of Darkness
Brother's Grimm Fairy Tales
Count of Monte Cristo
Great Expectations
The Great Gatsby
Common Sense
Tale of Two Cities
Magic Tree House
Farenheit 451
War of the Worlds
Invisible Man
etc..

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I was going to say read ( yes I also do it during work hours hahah) but most importantly read what is relevant to what you are trying to do in your business. The Kindle app is a great tool for this since you can read from your phone.

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
I already read and this is a good occupation but I thought about something which will directly progress my business.
Courses in coding on my phone are also good but I'm not sure that I'll use all the things I'm learning in these apps and if I won't use them I'll forget them anyway haha.

Does anybody has some ideas specific ideas which will directly progress my business?

Thanks for the replies (%

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Make a list of what you know to know in your business, aside from coding. That can be marketing, branding, etc.
List all of it.
Once that list is done, find resources for each item on your list. It can be Udemy, it can be books (note the interesting book names), anything that helps understand those items more.

cross each item on which you progressed over time. Then execute.

Sampath

Be the Change that you want to see in this world
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 30, 2018
Canberra, Australia
Hey everyone.

I use my gap year to concentrate on one of my business ideas. But to pay my rent and living I work in an museum as an security employee. Especially during the week I don't have much to do and I ask myself how I could use it to progress on my business. Sadly I can only use my phone on several occasions a day and not my laptop.

Right now I'm learning to code to create my website and I'm using the time to understand my written code. I wonder if you have some tips except from reading because I already read a lot when I'm no longer focused enough to learn about coding.

Thanks
There are great books you can listen to - audio books on any skill that you may want to improve on during your free time. Instead of listening to any stuff ; try
  1. autobiographies
  2. Sales & marketing
  3. entrepreneurship
  4. mindset
Sources:
Audible.com (unlimited - only one book a month)
SCRIBD.com - monthly subscription - you can download many audio books.
Hope you find it useful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.