The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much should you care? (That the world is burning)

Auhrl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 27, 2017
Chile
This article is of utmost relevance to the concerns expressed on this thread:

The End of the Industrial Age

The author raises the argument of the inminent industrial civilization collapse based on historical antecedents concerning the nature of empires and the crisis of fossil fuel depletion (which is the lifeblood of industrial civilization).

The man have been writing on economy, peak oil, history and philosophy for many years.

It would be great to read your thoughts on it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Maybe I am getting older, or maybe the worse has gotten a lot darker - but it seems there are a LOT of negative vibes are the place as of late. A few minutes on Twitter is enough to think the world is quickly coming to an end.

- But how much of this is really the case, or was it always this way?
- And along with that, how much of this do you actually care about??
- And what actions (if any) do you take to try to get things on track for the world at large???

I know one response could be "to just turn off the phone and go outside" (and I do - and it's great here!), but I also don't like the idea of just letting the BS stack up because good people did nothing.

I am curious about the perspectives here.
We have a lot of older members who I am sure have seen these types of times before.

I would love some good advice and wisdom if possible. Thanks.
Had some guys in the shop today, at the end of the deal he said, "you guys are a friendly bunch, I'm glad to meet you, it's refreshing to find some friendly folks."

Goes to show what being a positive influence on your workforce can do for you (and the world) one person at a time.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Go for a hike. Look around. Those trees, blue sky, nice lake… Whatever. None of those things are subject to the human constructs we are all concerned about. The world doesn’t care about inflation. It doesn’t care about the markets dropping. It doesn’t care about Hunter Biden’s laptop. It just is. It’s there. It doesn’t give a shit and never will. That’s the world. It’s a lot bigger than we think. Bigger than our arrogant humanity.

Likewise. My 18 month old son. He doesn’t know any of the outrage items of the month. He is just happy to point out Jeeps and play with his golf clubs without a concern in the world. He’s not a subject. He doesn’t act like one. Somewhere along the line, most people just become subjects. Notwithstanding legitimately oppressive laws, it’s mostly their own creation. There’s a lot to learn from little kids. Free minds, until one day, most people become bound. Bound by debt. Bound by expectations. Bound by so called normalcy. Bound by jealousy and comparisons. And bound by concern.

The world isn’t going anywhere. Most humans already in a living hell of their own creation. Lift yourself out of the human construct of concern, and be an individual. Instead of spending hours concerning yourself with bullshit, work on things that directly and positively affect you and your family. If you do focus on it, there’s a pretty good chance you will positively affect yourself and your family. If you choose to watch the news instead, well, there’s zero chance.

And I say this as someone who is ten miles right of Fox News and Donald Trump. I’m one of those “weirdos” who still knows what limited government is.

A state of total concern is exactly where they want you. Don’t let them have you. Your life is not theirs.

EF714893-1D47-4F5E-9DA5-E532B277304A.jpeg

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
On some matters, ignorance is truly bliss.

Since I tuned out corporate/big-tech media sources, from CNN, Fox to Marketwatch to "Yahoo Finance" (which is agenda with a financial angle) to all other agenda/brainwashing driven outlets, my happiness hit new highs.

I try to be culturally stupid in life, but culturally tuned-in for business.

Another note: If you want to be miserable, try controlling things you cannot control. This is why most people are miserable today. The way I handle that is to laughably vent about it here, so if a lot of my posts appear cynical, that is why! :cool:

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
@Fox

I didn't read through the whole thread, but these headlines or posts always make me chuckle.

Through my eyes and everything I've observed - when you zoom out even a FEW degrees, the world (and especially USA) has never been in a better place.

Some Examples ..

*There is more availability of food then ever before (even with population increase!)
*Poverty rates are at their lowest ever
*Access to knowledge and information is easier then ever (for majority of us it's on our cellphone at our fingertips at all times)
*Children making it through childhood today is at it's highest percentage
*Living in America takes many things to a whole another (greater) level, opportunities have never been more plentiful
*Cars have never been safer
*Items and material possessions have never been more abundant (I'm at a point now of giving away / selling much of what I own unless it serves a purpose in my life)
*(2022) Many more jobs and positions can now be done 'remote' which opens up a world of possibility in the lifestyle and location you want to lead
*And on and on

The difference now, is that the negative voices , and the minorities of such tend to scream LOUDER and MORE FREQUENT then anything positive going on. Why? Attention. And Money. And Politics.

There are more platforms then ever to voice your outrage, and those platforms are now part of the most popular MEDIA consumption worldwide, so it follows that if you hang around long enough that will also infiltrate your mind and perceptions. Be careful what and WHO you listen to.

I've disconnected from mainstream media and news years ago, and my well-being and mental health has never been at a better place.

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
*There is more availability of food then ever before (even with population increase!)
Great post @fastlane_dad

What I wanted to say about this quote:

There is this narrative that the world is overpopulated and we are somehow going to run out of resources. This is not a new idea, and as far as I know it's been around since the 60s.

But apparently the more people there are, the richer and safer everybody gets. Seems like it's not a bad idea to have more collective brainpower to solve the world's problems.

steve schweitzer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Oct 18, 2015
alma, arkansas
@Fox

I didn't read through the whole thread, but these headlines or posts always make me chuckle.

Through my eyes and everything I've observed - when you zoom out even a FEW degrees, the world (and especially USA) has never been in a better place.

Some Examples ..

*Access to knowledge and information is easier then ever (for majority of us it's on our cellphone at our fingertips at all times)
*Children making it through childhood today is at it's highest percentage
*Living in America takes many things to a whole another (greater) level, opportunities have never been more plentiful
*Cars have never been safer
*Items and material possessions have never been more abundant (I'm at a point now of giving away / selling much of what I own unless it serves a purpose in my life)
*(2022) Many more jobs and positions can now be done 'remote' which opens up a world of possibility in the lifestyle and location you want to lead
*And on and on

The difference now, is that the negative voices , and the minorities of such tend to scream LOUDER and MORE FREQUENT then anything positive going on. Why? Attention. And Money. And Politics.

There are more platforms then ever to voice your outrage, and those platforms are now part of the most popular MEDIA consumption worldwide, so it follows that if you hang around long enough that will also infiltrate your mind and perceptions. Be careful what and WHO you listen to.

I've disconnected from mainstream media and news years ago, and my well-being
I literally have not turned a tv on or watched anything from any media outlet in 5 years.

Some family members are obsessed with what the latest political bs, what happened to Trump today, the "stolen" election, bla bla. When they try to tell me the newest "news" I just laugh and say I could care less.

Television has become a non issue for me and I just use my iPad to watch interesting youtube videos or listen to audio books (Thanks MJ!!).

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I literally have not turned a tv on or watched anything from any media outlet in 5 years.
There are a lot of very different people on this forum, but I think quite possibly the #1 thing we mostly all have in common is far less traditional media consumption than the average person. I don't think that's by chance.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

Some family members are obsessed with what the latest political bs, what happened to Trump today, the "stolen" election, bla bla. When they try to tell me the newest "news" I just laugh and say I could care less.

Television has become a non issue for me and I just use my iPad to watch interesting youtube videos or listen to audio books (Thanks MJ!!).
It was so incredibly weird when a friend visited a few months ago and one evening changed the tv from streaming apps over to terrestrial free to air tv to watch the 5pm news.

My housemate and I looked at each other and gave the kind of looks you see when a dog farts in a crowded room.

We still joke that he now has to burn that TV, lol.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Has anyone here totally pulled the TVs out of their homes for any length of time? I’m curious how they liked not having it as an option.

I’m strongly considering getting the TVs out of here. Nothing productive or good comes of them. They’re just tools that enable mindlessness.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Has anyone here totally pulled the TVs out of their homes for any length of time? I’m curious how they liked not having it as an option.

I’m strongly considering getting the TVs out of here. Nothing productive or good comes of them. They’re just tools that enable mindlessness.
When I was single living in a couple of bachelor pads I had no TV for a couple of years. I LOVED it. I even caught myself complaining I had too much time in the evening.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014

Haven't had TV for the past 6 years. Deleted Instagram 3 years ago. My life has never been better.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
I know one response could be "to just turn off the phone and go outside" (and I do - and it's great here!), but I also don't like the idea of just letting the BS stack up because good people did nothing.

I am curious about the perspectives here.
We have a lot of older members who I am sure have seen these types of times before.

I would love some good advice and wisdom if possible. Thanks.

God is in control of LIFE and DEATH.

Remember the phrase "this too shall pass"

You should read Matthew chapter 24.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Not really disagreeing with the intention of this thread, but bad might be the default state for much of human history.

I don't think that most people born in the West after WW2 can understand how horrible life can be.

I don't deny that we have our challenges in the form of relentless propaganda and evil shit like drag story time, but life can get so much worse.

I read a book about Ancient Greece 3 years ago and I'll always remember the "3 E's of Sparta" - exile, enslave, exterminate, which described what they did to other Greek city states that they defeated in war. That kind of ruthlessness was fairly common throughout history.

And while people talk about the world metaphorically burning, for some people, their world literally burned: Hellstorm: The Death of Nazi Germany, 1944-1947: Goodrich, Thomas: 9781494775063: Amazon.com: Books - this is probably the most gruesome book that most people on this forum have ever heard of. It is about what happened to the German people (normal citizens) post WW2.

In the first chapter they talk about how the Red Army rolled into German farmlands and nailed families to their houses.

My worldview below (though admittedly I'm a cheery guy and an optimist when it comes to small circles)

e37.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.