The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How many action fakes can the fastlane come up with??

samsara

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
Mar 6, 2013
Mexico
Copy and paste all of the golden nuggets from all of these threads into a word document. Spend hours organizing my game plan. Highlight the most important ones pertaining to my "start up". Going through this excersize I find that one something that just doesn't quite make sense and...Wait..Was that a squirrel? Off to the next shiny object. Guilty as charged. Me.

I'm guilty of this mistake and I'm paying the price of it

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I'm too busy with college right now. I'll wait until I graduate, then life will be simpler.

22 year old me 100% thought this. I was right. Life is so much simpler with a 9-5, a wife, a 6 week old son, a body that's further and further on the wrong side of 30, using my free time to chase side-business customers that aren't paying, and working on self- improvement shit that I didn't have the wherewithal to start at 18.

It would have been so much harder to start a business when my day consisted of skipping class, studying for 5 minutes, playing computer games, and trying to hook up with the girl with the nose ring down the hall. So, so much harder.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I'm going to post on TFLF about how pathetic people that don't take action are so that I can avoid confronting this massive turd I just uncovered in my year end. I don't want to address it because I'm subconsciously afraid that when I start digging it's going to be way more f*cked up a thing than I want to deal with right now.

Wait, that's literally exactly what I'm doing..... :D

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
From my own world...

I'll be ready to print when I just edit this chapter one more time...
Change this word for the 20th time...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm only getting this great job as hold-over until my startup is ready. (Two weeks later dude rolls in with a new leased Lexus.)

I have a wife and kids.... I can't

This is a huge one.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
"I'm gonna smoke this joint, get super focused, and get a ton of work done!"

*Starts on work for a couple minutes before opening a new tab and falling into Facebook newsfeed rabbit hole for the next hour*

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

masaldana2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, Tx
*gets new house with 3 toilets, 3 pets, move in girlfriend and furnish the garage to "pursue" dreams.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Person A: "I'm reading this book on real estate investment"

The Buddy: Why would you ever want to have tenants? They are such a headache and it's hard work

[from someone who has never owned real estate or had tenants]

Person A: "good point, I'm going to look at something else I heard you can make money on"

masaldana2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I want to make apps
*OMG that market its so saturated with app developers

I want to make music
*WHY?? its so difficult to make it

I want to do drop shipping
*Everyone is getting on that! it will be gone by next year

I want to major in engineering
*DID you know most recent grad engineers don't find jobs???

I want to be an audio engineer
* thats a dying field

But yet there's people doing it everyday SOMEHOW

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Person A: "I'm reading this book on real estate investment"

The Buddy: Why would you ever want to have tenants? They are such a headache and it's hard work

[from someone who has never owned real estate or had tenants]

Person A: "good point, I'm going to look at something else I heard you can make money on"

My tenants wake up every morning, to go to their job, so they can buy me a house! I LOVE my tenants!

But yeah, I hear this A LOT from people that have no rental experience.

There's a solution to everything, including problem tenants.

falcon87pl

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Apr 6, 2014
Poland
My colleague about his 57-year-old father who is studying how to invest on the market:

"He has found out how to get rich on the market BUT HE DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME".

As his father would be dead when his XXX $ invested now become XXX XXX XXX XXX $.

Freedom61

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 21, 2015
Tampa, FL
Can't think of any general ones as they've been covered.

Personal one of mine:

"If I just take a break from my work to spend 20 min. looking on this lambo/ferrari dealer's site/YT vids, mansions/luxury apts for sale, $100k 5th wheel toy haulers, brand new $80k diesel trucks to pull said camper, etc. Basically shopping for what I can't afford yet, my brain can relax a little bit an more motivation will strike because I'll remember part of the reason I'm building this business in the first place."

Sometimes I get distracted & spend a bit more than 20 min. doing this... Guilty as charged, but back to work because this membership site & its content isn't going to build itself. :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Basically shopping for what I can't afford yet

Nothing wrong with this if it motivates you. It's a piece of your WHY which can be very powerful.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Let me party and spend time with my friends tonight. I'll work extra hard tomorrow...

*12 hours later*

This hangover is too much. It's the weekend anyways. Monday seems good to pick things back up.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Can't think of any general ones as they've been covered.

Personal one of mine:

"If I just take a break from my work to spend 20 min. looking on this lambo/ferrari dealer's site/YT vids, mansions/luxury apts for sale, $100k 5th wheel toy haulers, brand new $80k diesel trucks to pull said camper, etc. Basically shopping for what I can't afford yet, my brain can relax a little bit an more motivation will strike because I'll remember part of the reason I'm building this business in the first place."

Sometimes I get distracted & spend a bit more than 20 min. doing this... Guilty as charged, but back to work because this membership site & its content isn't going to build itself. :)

You sound like me!

I've found it helps to have those sites blocked with ColdTurkey (during times you want to be working, nothing wrong with some window shopping IMO).

Here's a few I've done over the years, I've changed some items to make them more current:

"I'll build that website when I can afford that plugin" (F*ck it, launch anyway)

"I can't afford a good website theme/template, better put that one on the backburner" (just use a free one and start)

"I haven't got any idea how to do HTML/CSS, better hire someone else to do that! Nah that'll be expensive, I won't bother" (could have found a free online course)

"I'll get my Twitter/FB/Instagram following built up before launching" (dumb! if you need social media exposure? Just start doing it the old fashioned way; tweet while you're having a crap)

"I can't do that unless I buy this super bit of software" (eg FollowLiker, it used to be Hummingbird I wanted, just start!)

"I can't do a logo/code/write/whatever until I've got THIS software" (free options are available for almost everything these days if you need them).

Probably a few more to come.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I have a wife and kids.... I can't

This is a huge one.

Part of what makes that excuse so appealing is that it's an excuse that actually makes you seem more responsible to outside observers. You look like you're actively protecting your family instead of being a sackless putz that hides behind women and children to avoid work and risk.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Turns out, we are actually action fake experts.

Go figure

A successful man was asked - What's your secret of success? He replies - good decisions. How do you know what's a good decision? He says - Experience. He's then asked - How did you get experienced? His reply - Bad decisions.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Action faker Black Belt is the "I heard" guy. I just had a run in with him this morning:

"I wouldn't sell to Sam's Club. I heard they pay net 60. I heard they make you pay to put the product on the shelves. I heard you have to re-do your packaging."

Dude, you've never had anything a major retailer wanted to buy. They pay net 60? That's what banks are for. Pay to put product on the shelves? It's called slotting, and Sam's and Walmart don't do it. I have to re-do the packaging for a club store? Oh my god, I've never noticed that the packaging is different. I would have never known if you hadn't heard it. You're a titan of industry pal. Wanna be a consultant to our business?

The "I heard guy" is the fat guy that watches football on Sunday morning, sees a player get injured on the field, and criticizes the running technique that led to the injury.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
Guilty to almost all of them.

But now i have to reorganize my e-book collection before i can read them so i can make an educated start into my business.

7a9d05e0e7d331d2c502c8f71db2f269.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.