The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How many action fakes can the fastlane come up with??

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
If there are times I'm lacking in motivation, here's a vid I've watched a couple times to put things into perspective (other than the fact that I don't want to be broke & that my time on Earth is only so long)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97V4ZZqwxiw

That video is the biggest action fake you may ever experience. I'm glad you posted it to remind us how much of an action fake inspirational guru videos are.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Freedom61

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 21, 2015
Tampa, FL
That video is the biggest action fake you may ever experience. I'm glad you posted it to remind us how much of an action fake inspirational guru videos are.

How is the video an action fake? There are some good excerpts in it that you can apply to your life if there are tough times & you're lacking motivation, despite the realities I wrote in my post above.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
OK. I'll take some action just right after this motivational video.
OK. One more motivational video.
Wait, here's another. Then it's action time.
Squirrel !

How is the video an action fake? There are some good excerpts in it that you can apply to your life if there are tough times & you're lacking motivation, despite the realities I wrote in my post above.

OK. I will take action by writing a post about a motivational video by a guru speaking about taking action.

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
WORK-LIFE BALANCE
GOOD LORD. THIS. REPS+
The so-dubbed authorities and elders in my vicinity are throwing this garbage at me day and night.
I ask this:
IS THERE EVEN BALANCE IN THE SLOWLANE?

Yes, security, a steady paycheck, yada yada yada. Is there even balance in the Slowlane???
Going political in the workplace, begging for raises, wasting time to get 'experience'....where is the balance of harmony in that?
Instead of work-life balance, how about ABUNDANCE?

Abundance of control, time, and resources?

The Fastlane can offer that. With abundance, you won't even need a balance. A balance is for people rationing supplies in the Slowlane bunker, while the mortar shells of job cuts, recession and loser politics pound away.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO

Eric Thomas is popular because he has a good voice and radical advice. He said "don't go to sleep until you succeed." What does that even mean? So if my goal is to lose 50 lbs I shouldn't sleep until I do? If I'm trying to ace a class I shouldn't sleep? Successful people do sleep you know. He gives no real advice besides work hard.

Looking up motivational videos that give no advice is an action fake.

DBXI

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 24, 2015
I want to make apps
*OMG that market its so saturated with app developers

I want to make music
*WHY?? its so difficult to make it

I want to do drop shipping
*Everyone is getting on that! it will be gone by next year

I want to major in engineering
*DID you know most recent grad engineers don't find jobs???

I want to be an audio engineer
* thats a dying field

But yet there's people doing it everyday SOMEHOW
I hear this sort of things ALL the time from people. Unreal.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Wait..Was that a squirrel?

You rang?:)

My contribution to this thread is somewhat crafty specific since I make stuff and am in forums with other peeps who do:

"When I get a new camera"
"When it's not winter and there is better light for photos"
"When I buy that SEO service"

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I have 20k in the bank and some rich people in my iPhone. I'm gonna drive my Lexus with rims to G-man's office and tell him I'm a VC.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
  • Make to-do list. Do 75% of to-do list. "well, the list is almost done, I'll take it easy for a bit". Day ends and to-do list is left incomplete.
  • This phone call won't be pleasant. I'd better put it off as long as possible, so I can agonize and dread it all day, and be too distracted to get anything else done
  • I have a great new idea. I'd better post about it, or text it to someone, so that I can get the rush of endorphins artificially, instead of getting those same endorphins by executing the idea. (I've found that I'm far less likely to take action on an idea, when I've told people about it first).
  • I don't have time. (watches 4 hours of TV today). Everyone has time. Not everyone has priorities straight.
  • Make a declaration to others about a goal you will achieve. Don't achieve it, or even start to work on it. Tell no one that you didn't reach your goal.
  • I have too many ideas, I don't know which one to do.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
As I'm walking to go get the mail just now, I hear someone talking/shouting... (houses are fairly separated with land) but it's the guy who lives next door to me (who I have never spoken with nor been within 30 feet of him in my life) who appeared to have at one time been a self-employed plumber (not sure since the homemade magnetic company logo on his 89 Ford Econo-line 16 passenger church van NOT even a "utility windowless work van" is so weather damaged all I can read is "umbing 816-XXX-XXXX" that I've only seen moved on Sunday's returning with a case of beer) is WAVING HIS ARM IN THE AIR AND YELLING.....

I had to stop and really listen, "Pizza Hut is hiring...." and continued but he already received the DEATH STARE and was on "mute" to my ears...

TRUE STORY- couldn't make this up but how do this dude have any clue about me.... SEO ninja? lol

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I'm doing what I can to get a sale, but still not one single prospect that answers my email.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Made a comment on Reddit about how I have too many potential business ideas and I just don't have time to execute all of them. I get about 4 or 5 of these messages a week:

"I know I can execute any business idea. Can you give one? Please."

*I give them a business idea*

"That's too hard. What other ideas do you have?"

I don't even respond anymore.

I have a great new idea. I'd better post about it, or text it to someone, so that I can get the rush of endorphins artificially, instead of getting those same endorphins by executing the idea. (I've found that I'm far less likely to take action on an idea, when I've told people about it first).

I'm guilty of this. I laughed at the other action fakes, but this one hits way too close to home.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.